Forum Description: General progressive music discussions
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4512
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 18:08
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Beggars Opera
Posted By: Zero the hero
Subject: Beggars Opera
Date Posted: March 22 2005 at 17:55
I'm gonna recommend two albums from Beggars opera here 'Act one' & 'Waters of change'.If you don't have em your bonkers.Beggars work after that kinda went down hill.Nice mellotron work from Mrs.Wolf on 'Waters' .

Replies:
Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: March 23 2005 at 02:44
You pointed out the only two albums worth getting. However most progheads will include Pathfinder (which I find very Boring) and the albums after that one have little to do with prog, i gather.

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Date Posted: March 23 2005 at 10:02

Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

You pointed out the only two albums worth getting. However most progheads will include Pathfinder (which I find very Boring) and the albums after that one have little to do with prog, i gather.

Yes your perfectly correct there.''Pathfinder'' is boring & ''Get your dog off me'' is one of my most hated albums.They even sound like Deep purple on one track.

Date Posted: March 23 2005 at 10:13
Originally posted by Zero the hero Zero the hero wrote:

Yes your perfectly correct there.''Pathfinder'' is boring & ''Get your dog off me'' is one of my most hated albums.They even sound like Deep purple on one track.

Actually , they sound like Mk I Purple in ACT ONE also. But also like early The Nice. Raymond track is maling many references to Blue Rondo Ala Turk.

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Date Posted: March 23 2005 at 10:22

Actually , they sound like Mk I Purple in ACT ONE also. But also like early The Nice. Raymond track is maling many references to Blue Rondo Ala Turk.

You'll agree with me then Sean when i say that ''Water of change'' is there best work?

Date Posted: March 23 2005 at 10:50

You'll agree with me then Sean when i say that ''Water of change'' is there best work?

sure do, Zero

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Posted By: Easy Livin
Date Posted: March 25 2005 at 07:34

For me, "Pathfinder" is in the same class as "Act one" and "Waters..", but I do agree "Waters.. " was their best album.

GYDOM was very poor, with the exception of the cover of "Classical Gas", which was superbly done.

Posted By: Hiwatter
Date Posted: March 26 2005 at 07:33
I like most Waters Of Change. Pathfinder is little poppy sometimes. I like Witch song most from Pathfinder - great singing.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk