Forum Description: Discuss and create polls about all types of music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47513
Printed Date: April 17 2024 at 18:46
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: King's X announce new album "XV"
Posted By: gray
Subject: King's X announce new album "XV"
Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 13:24
King's X new album called XV (previous working title was Go Tell Somebody) is set for release on May 20, 2008.

Track listing:

01. Pray
02. Blue
03. Repeating Myself
04. Rocket Ship
05. Julie
06. Alright
07. Broke
08. I Just Want To Live
09. Move
10. I Don't Know
11. Stuck
12. Go Tell Somebody
13. Love And Rockets (Hell's Screaming)
14. No Lie

-------------
http://neverdream.awardspace.com - Release Dates

Replies:
Posted By: debrewguy
Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 21:04
I almost forgot they were still around. At PA we're more likely to hear about Jelly Jam than this regal trio. 

-------------
"Here I am talking to some of the smartest people in the world and I didn't even notice,” Lieutenant Columbo, episode The Bye-Bye Sky-High I.Q. Murder Case.

Posted By: 1800iareyay
Date Posted: April 04 2008 at 09:44
One of my favorite bands. I remember first reading about them when I bought The Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal about three or four years ago, and the author positively gushed about them. In addition to the flattering article, he named them the most underrated band in metal, and placed Doug on his vocalist and bassist lists (he avoided the typical big names, which I thought was cool for people like me trying to learn) and Ty on the guitarists list. Their first five albums are some of the best melodic, proggy-ish metal I've ever heard. I'm looking forward to this.

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: April 04 2008 at 10:17
It would be nice to see this band get some more mentioning around here.  Glad to see they're still going.

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: April 04 2008 at 13:48

I am glad to hear that they are releasing a new album as well. They are one of my favorite bands.  I tend to bring them up fairly frequently in some of my posts.  I have revived a couple of threads trying to have them included in PA, but the Prog Metal team doesn't consider them to be metal, although before the prog metal split the definition for prog metal bands specifically mentioned King's X as being on the mellow end of the prog metal spektrum. 

As a matter of fact in my food-related prog band poll, my most recent post (which was completely ignored) was talking about the Jelly Jam and other King's X related bands.  They are proggy, but apparently not proggy enough to be included on PA, which is one my bigger disappointments with PA since I feel that they are one of the pioneers of Prog Metal.  Hmm, maybe I should mention that in that thread.

-------------

Posted By: Nightfly
Date Posted: April 05 2008 at 09:59
looking forward to that one. Their last, Ogre Tones was a return to form after a few patchy albums.

Posted By: jme
Date Posted: April 12 2008 at 13:01
i would not consider king's x to be a prog band, really. especially the last 4 or 5 albums. to me, gretchen goes to nebraska was almost a prog rock album. prog moments were OUT OF THE SILENT PLANET, PLEIADES, THE BURNING DOWN. the first album, out of the silent planet could have been considered prog.

i would call them more of a hard rock band with some prog-moments.

btw, they are one of my all time favorite bands, and i have seen them 9 times! i saw doug's solo band, pound hound once as well.

-------------
"gravity: it's what's for dinner!"

Date Posted: April 12 2008 at 13:09
i have been trying to figure out why the album is called xv (15).

1. out of the silent planet
2. gretchen goes to nebraska
3. faith hope love
4. king's x
5. dogman
6. ear candy
7. best of king's x
8. tape head
9. please come home, mr. bulbous
10. manic moonlight
11. black like sunday
12. live all over the place
13. ogre tones
14. ?
15. xv

if the new album is the 15th album, where is 14?!!

they have internet only releases, like "dogman demos", and "rehersal". and some releases on wally farkas' MOLKEN MUSIC label. but, if all of those counted as offical albums, it would equal more than 15! (funny how i enjoyed the rehersal cd more than ogre tones!).

-------------

Posted By: ProgRockerJDS
Date Posted: April 12 2008 at 17:35
Excellent. Smile I love King's X. I don't consider them to be a prog band, they're more of a 70s style hard rock band.

Does anybody know if they'll be touring for this album?

Date Posted: April 12 2008 at 17:46
Originally posted by ProgRockerJDS ProgRockerJDS wrote:

Excellent. Smile I love King's X. I don't consider them to be a prog band, they're more of a 70s style hard rock band. Does anybody know if they'll be touring for this album?

i'm sure they will be. they tour like crazy! i wish they could come to asheville, nc. atlanta is always the closest place to see them.

every time i have seen them, the were the headliners. i dont think i would want to see them open for another band, i like their set to be long! ;-)

-------------

Posted By: SilverAnubis
Date Posted: May 06 2008 at 10:03
Hey! They not are in PA! Why?

Posted By: JoaoPirucas
Date Posted: May 21 2008 at 15:42

But bands like Rhapsody of Fire, Nightwish, Kamelot, etc are!

Simply STUPID!!

-------------

Posted By: 1800iareyay
Date Posted: May 23 2008 at 13:41
Anybody check it out? More good grooves a la Ogre Tones. I noticed a fair lack of solos from Ty, though, which was a shame. Overall though, some killer riffs, great lyrics, and I don't think Doug has sounded this good since the glory run of Out of the Silent Planet through Dogman.

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: May 23 2008 at 14:49
Sounds awesome.  I ordered it from Amazon earlier this week, so I am hoping to receive it over the weekend or the beginning of next week.

-------------

Posted By: Nightfly
Date Posted: May 25 2008 at 10:44
^ Me too. Should arrive Tuesday with it being a Bank Holiday weekend.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk