Print Page | Close Window

Who would you vote for President/PM out of...

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Topics not related to music
Forum Name: General Polls
Forum Description: Create polls on topics not related to music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47992
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 09:02
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Who would you vote for President/PM out of...
Posted By: BroSpence
Subject: Who would you vote for President/PM out of...
Date Posted: April 20 2008 at 01:41
Pretty self-explanatory.  We all discuss who we'd vote for based on who is running, but what about just random, in general people.  Discuss why, it can be abstract or super super serious.

Replies:
Posted By: crimhead
Date Posted: April 20 2008 at 01:53
PG. He is tied to Amnesty Int as well as pushing world music. He seems to care about the world and the state of things.

Posted By: Atkingani
Date Posted: April 24 2008 at 22:56
Mickey Mouse... a character mentioned in a certain Rammstein song! Wink

Hey...

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=5134 -

Admin Group
Admin%20Group
Site Admin & Mod./Symph. & Neo Teams

Online Status: Online

-------------
Guigo

~~~~~~

Posted By: rileydog22
Date Posted: April 24 2008 at 23:21
I met Rob Schneider.  He's a nice dude.  

-------------

Posted By: progaeopteryx
Date Posted: April 27 2008 at 23:00
Captain Crunch. There's nothing like starting off the day with a bowl of cereal, then having another for lunch (or dinner if you like), then topping it off with another for dinner (or supper if you like).

Posted By: rileydog22
Date Posted: April 27 2008 at 23:04
Originally posted by progaeopteryx progaeopteryx wrote:

Captain Crunch. There's nothing like starting off the day with a bowl of cereal, then having another for lunch (or dinner if you like), then topping it off with another for dinner (or supper if you like).

Yes, but the IMPORTANT criterion is which one you'd like to have a beer with. 

-------------

Posted By: laplace
Date Posted: April 27 2008 at 23:04
ez. Jackie Chan because he'd turn into drunken master

-------------
FREEDOM OF SPEECH GO TO HELL

Posted By: moreitsythanyou
Date Posted: April 27 2008 at 23:11
Noam Chomsky all the way. Few people would be better. Except Peter Gabriel, but he's too good of a singer to be president because it would detract from his music career.

-------------
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

Posted By: Philéas
Date Posted: April 28 2008 at 02:32
Captain Crunch, of course.

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: April 28 2008 at 08:01
Originally posted by rileydog22 rileydog22 wrote:

Originally posted by progaeopteryx progaeopteryx wrote:

Yes, but the IMPORTANT criterion is which one you'd like to have a beer with. 

I suppose you could substitute beer for milk on your Captain Crunch

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: jetson
Date Posted: April 28 2008 at 15:10
Rob Approve

-------------

Posted By: jimmy_row
Date Posted: April 28 2008 at 17:39
Umm, Noam Chomsky knows EVERYTHING, he is the man...I think it would be great to have people like that - more academic, philisophically oriented - in the political system.  Of course it's probably a contradiction, as it always goes...someone with morals and integrity wouldn't WANT to be involved in the first place...

-------------
Signature Writers Guild on strike

Posted By: debrewguy
Date Posted: April 28 2008 at 17:48
Originally posted by jimmy_row jimmy_row wrote:

Umm, Noam Chomsky knows EVERYTHING, he is the man...I think it would be great to have people like that - more academic, philisophically oriented - in the political system.  Of course it's probably a contradiction, as it always goes...someone with morals and integrity wouldn't WANT to be involved in the first place...

Morals & Integrity may not be the simple attributes you would assign to politician or leader. You may want to ask A certain soon to be ex-prez as to his opinion of his. And his supporters (ever dwindling as they may be in numbers) would certainly rate him highly as well on both these two qualities.
The other thing is that generally speaking, intellectuals do poorly as leaders as they tend to assume that because they know more, they also automatically know better. Then, too often, it turns into a game of the end justifying the means.

-------------
"Here I am talking to some of the smartest people in the world and I didn't even notice,” Lieutenant Columbo, episode The Bye-Bye Sky-High I.Q. Murder Case.

Posted By: keiser willhelm
Date Posted: April 28 2008 at 17:54
Noam Chompsky's political views are absolutely rediculous. ill take captain crunch over him as president. Or maybe John McCain. . . .

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/KeiserWillhelm" rel="nofollow - What im listening to

Date Posted: April 28 2008 at 18:02
Originally posted by debrewguy debrewguy wrote:

Originally posted by jimmy_row jimmy_row wrote:

Morals & Integrity may not be the simple attributes you would assign to politician or leader. You may want to ask A certain soon to be ex-prez as to his opinion of his. And his supporters (ever dwindling as they may be in numbers) would certainly rate him highly as well on both these two qualities.
The other thing is that generally speaking, intellectuals do poorly as leaders as they tend to assume that because they know more, they also automatically know better. Then, too often, it turns into a game of the end justifying the means.
"moral" was probably a bad word to use...there really is no such thing in an intercultural stage anyway, everyone defines them differently.  I don't think anyone with sufficient knowledge of world politics would say W has INTEGRITY though, of course the same could be said of many...possibly most world leaders. 

I think your last sentence holds true with any political decision, not only with "elitists" or "intellectuals", the ends always justify the means in the eyes of man, that's one of the reasons we invented morals.  Just to build on your quote: "...Intellectuals do poorly as leaders as they tend to assume that because they know more, they also automatically know better." ...Politicians do poorly as leaders as they tend to assume that because they know, they also automatically know better.

-------------

Date Posted: April 28 2008 at 18:07
Originally posted by keiser willhelm keiser willhelm wrote:

Noam Chompsky's political views are absolutely rediculous. ill take captain crunch over him as president. Or maybe John McCain. . . .
Captain Crunch (TM) running as representative of the Consumerism party...with good ol' Toucan Sam (TM) as the vice president

-------------

Posted By: Tim
Date Posted: May 26 2008 at 22:22
I went with Noam Chomsky: I think we've had enough ultra-capitalism for the time being. Although any one of those choices would be a huge improvement over Dubya

Posted By: Dim
Date Posted: May 26 2008 at 22:26
Rick Wakeman

-------------

Posted By: Mikerinos
Date Posted: May 26 2008 at 22:57

FORTIFY ME CAP'N!

count chocula is pretty RIO though

BOO BERRY :D

Frankenberry is totally overrated!

-------------

Posted By: tardis
Date Posted: May 26 2008 at 23:23

Posted By: Relayer09
Date Posted: May 26 2008 at 23:34

-------------
If you lose your temper, you've lost the arguement. -Proverb

Posted By: Prof.
Date Posted: May 27 2008 at 03:58
I would have to go with Solid Snake. Only a true master of stealth and combat could track down our enemies leaders and eliminate them without a total war.
That and hes got a badass bandana.

Posted By: Gamemako
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 20:47
I voted for Mickey Mouse once in an uncontested election. I insisted that I get a write-in ballot to do so.

-------------
Hail Eris!

Posted By: Statutory-Mike
Date Posted: May 31 2008 at 19:12
Trix BUNNEH!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk