Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=49026
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 08:00
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What's Your Favourite Tale
Posted By: Sacred 22
Subject: What's Your Favourite Tale
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 02:45
I have always wondered which one of the tales is the most popular with the gang here at Prog Archives. So, go ahead and make your choice. I think it will be a toss up between The Revealing Science of God and Ritual. I know what Micky is going to vote for, but what will the rest of you vote for? Smile

Replies:
Posted By: JesusisLord
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 03:35
My favorite Yes album of all time, with The Revealing Science a favorite track. The intro/outro is still moving after 30 plus years of listening.........

-------------
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. Phillipians 2:11

Posted By: zbida
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 04:36
Great album. My choice is The Revealing Science Of God, followed by Ritual. The rest is slightly weaker, but still very good.

Posted By: jalist
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 08:01
It's hard to choose because I always see the album as a whole piece. If I had to, I would go for The Remembering, Ritual, The Revealing Science of God and The Ancient in that order but it's a false list 'cos I absolutely love the dissonant guitar on The Ancient.

Posted By: Shakespeare
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 08:36
Rituaaaal

Posted By: TGM: Orb
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 08:45
TRSOG does have the opening, but I think I'll say The Ancient for its high moments.

Posted By: Negru Voda
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 08:52
The Remembering has such a brilliant climax.

Posted By: Norbert
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 09:08
I think this has been already done  a few times.Wink
Still Ritual for me, but I love the whole album.Smile

Posted By: Astrodomine
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 09:52
The Remembering, the end of the song is very nice

Posted By: febus
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 10:18
Easy for me: THE REVEALING SCIENCE OF GODHeart....magical intro, great song, nice Wakeman moments, Howe getting frenetic at the end........................got it all!!! 

Posted By: infandous
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 11:43
There should be an "all of the above" option.  Seriously, I never listen to any of these tracks in isolation, only the entire album is appropriate for me (though, of course, I have the Keys albums so with the first one I do hear Revealing by itself, as well as Yesshows where Ritual is by itself............but I make exceptions for live shows).

I guess if I was forced to choose.......................no, can't do it.  The first and last are the best overall I think, but I still couldn't say they are better than the middle two.

Posted By: ghost_of_morphy
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 11:44
Some days The Remembering, some days Ritual.

Posted By: MikeEnRegalia
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 11:56
I only heard the album once, and didn't pay *any* attention to the lyrics.Embarrassed

-------------
https://awesomeprog.com/users/Mike" rel="nofollow">Recently listened to:

Posted By: Dynamo
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 14:43
I like all of them but specially The Revealing Science of God, seriously i cant listen to them in a separate way i have to listen to the whole album...im i a yes die-hard fan?

-------------
"Don´t Stop Dancing!"

Posted By: Moogtron III
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 14:58
Since I discovered the live version on Keys To Ascension: The Revealing Science. Still, Ritual comes close.

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 15:02
I would say "The Ancient", but really it's almost impossible to make a choice.  I do feel "The Remembering" is a bit weaker than the other three but it still has wonderful moments, particularly in the middle with the juxtaposing of acoustic sections with more "rock" passages, as well as with some lush keys by Wakeman.

Posted By: el böthy
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 18:20
As a whole The Revealing bla bla bla... but the best part of the album is the acoustic guitar section in The Ancient... too bad the other half is the worst part of the albumConfused

-------------
"You want me to play what, Robert?"

Posted By: aesnogard
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 18:28
I love TRSoG and The Ancient. Tales is album which has peaceful atmosphere and marvelous moments.

Posted By: moreitsythanyou
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 18:38
Originally posted by Shakespeare Shakespeare wrote:

Rituaaaal

-------------
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: May 30 2008 at 18:50
While "The Revealing Science of God" is my favorite Yes track in their entire discography, it tends to be a tough choice between the four since I enjoy listening to the album in its entirety.  "The Remembering" is a close second, and "Ritual" a very close third.

Posted By: Relayer09
Date Posted: May 31 2008 at 10:55
The Revealing Science of God for me. I enjoy the entire Tales From Topographic Oceans album but that song just has that little extra something that makes it stand out for me.

-------------
If you lose your temper, you've lost the arguement. -Proverb

Posted By: Weston
Date Posted: May 31 2008 at 11:10
The Revealing Science of God.  I love the themes a tiny bit more than the themes of the other movements, but it IS just a tiny bit.  It also gets my vote for the most blistering synth solo I've ever heard in 6/8 or 3/4 there toward the end.

The Ancient a close second because I love that weird Bruford percussion and I love the "And I heard a million voices singing" section.

Heck - it's all good.  I don't care what Wakeman thinks.

Posted By: Weston
Date Posted: May 31 2008 at 15:22
Originally posted by Weston Weston wrote:

The Ancient a close second because I love that weird Bruford percussion and I love the "And I heard a million voices singing" section.

Before you guys jump on me - I meant Bruford-LIKE percussion.  I know that Alan White played on that album.

Date Posted: May 31 2008 at 23:53
Wow, I'm surprised Ritual has not gotten more votes. Interesting Smile

Posted By: zicIy
Date Posted: June 01 2008 at 03:30
Ritual

Posted By: Okocha
Date Posted: June 05 2008 at 09:26
1 The Revealing Science of God
2 Ritual

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: June 05 2008 at 19:22
Aw man, I thought we were going to get to vote on tunes off of Primus' Tales From The Punchbowl. Tongue

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: June 05 2008 at 19:25
The Ancient..  still..  just like that last time we had this poll

-------------
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip

Date Posted: June 05 2008 at 20:52
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

The Ancient..  still..  just like that last time we had this poll

I missed that one. I must have been on vacation. Anyway, I had a feeling side one would be the most popular and now I know.

Posted By: Zargus
Date Posted: June 05 2008 at 23:30
The Ancient.

-------------

Posted By: Dim
Date Posted: June 05 2008 at 23:37
The remembering.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk