Print Page | Close Window

bungle in the jungle

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
Forum Description: Make or seek recommendations and discuss specific prog albums
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51137
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 23:33
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: bungle in the jungle
Posted By: krimson62
Subject: bungle in the jungle
Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 11:28
I've heard that B in the G is an allegory. Of what???

Replies:
Posted By: el böthy
Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 13:03
f**king

-------------
"You want me to play what, Robert?"

Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 13:13
Originally posted by el böthy el böthy wrote:

f**king
Stern%20SmileStern%20SmileStern%20Smile

Posted By: Statutory-Mike
Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 13:22
Mister Bunglelelelelelelele?

-------------

Posted By: Vibrationbaby
Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 13:35
The song is a metaphoric statement about how we, as humans manage to screw or bungle everything up. Kittens represent good, snakes evil and the last verse contains religious conotations refering to the lord creator. Monkeys are the average citizens. The jungle is the Earth. Maybe this is reading too much into it. It could also be taken as nonsense. It was a track that was originally written for Aqualung  but re-worked for War Child.

-------------

Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 13:38
Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

The song is a metaphoric statement about how we, as humans manage to screw or bungle everything up. Kittens represent good, snakes evil and the last verse contains religious conotations refering to the lord creator. Monkeys are the average citizens. The jungle is the Earth. Maybe this is reading too much into it. It could also be taken as nonsense. It was a track that was originally written for Aqualung  but re-worked for War Child.
I opt for the second. Thanks for your timeSmile

Posted By: Vibrationbaby
Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 15:13
Well, Ian A said something to the effect in an interview that it was a metaphorical statement about screwing things up rather than screwing.

-------------

Posted By: tszirmay
Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 21:20

Screwing up, screwing down,screwing in or out ,  its all hardware! Ian would bother with such a banal subject as.....er ....sex! After all he used to say in concert that his friend Martin would have 50 women in his bed every night, Oops , sorry I meant in his MIND! in his MIND!  Bungle is about the human condition.

-------------
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 21:40
actually it's far less interesting.. it's all about when the band was on safari in Africa, got lost, and nearly eaten by Mbuta tribesmen

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: August 21 2008 at 21:52
I don't know, whatever, but it's alright with me...

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: el böthy
Date Posted: August 22 2008 at 00:36
Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

Really? I always thought it was about getting some pussy Geek

-------------
"You want me to play what, Robert?"

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk