Forum Description: Create polls on topics not related to music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5740
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 20:48
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: ...Drug of choice?
Posted By: illustrated
Subject: ...Drug of choice?
Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 21:56

Delete this if you think it is out of place on these forums, but I just think it'd be interesting to find out about [or] learn from other peoples experiences with drugs. I have done very little in the way of drugs but I find them extremely interesting, particularly psychedelics.

Replies:
Posted By: Pale Fire
Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 21:57

hell yeah!

-------------
[IMG]http://eonbluepatient.com/images/fire.png">

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:00

Good ol' Alcohol.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Ben2112
Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:03
This could turn into a very telling poll!

I used to do a lot of different drugs (pretty much everything but coke & heroin) but all I do any more is weed and Captain Morgan's good ole spiced rum.

You actually sound a lot like me; I never took anything in my school years but was absolutely fascinated with psychedelics; it was just a matter of time.

If you do use psychs, be careful. I used to love acid until I had a bad trip, then I could never bring myself to do it again. Terrifying...

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:07

Originally posted by Ben2112 Ben2112 wrote:

This could turn into a very telling poll!

I used to do a lot of different drugs (pretty much everything but coke & heroin) but all I do any more is weed and Captain Morgan's good ole spiced rum.

You actually sound a lot like me; I never took anything in my school years but was absolutely fascinated with psychedelics; it was just a matter of time.

If you do use psychs, be careful. I used to love acid until I had a bad trip, then I could never bring myself to do it again. Terrifying...

I'm definitely not ready for acid at this point, but it amazes me. I definitely don't have the mindset to dive into something so intense as that, but one of these days/years I will.

At this point I only drink the odd time and smoke pot in moderation, which works pretty well for me.

...Actually, right now I'm reading 'The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test' by Tom Wolfe - and it's really great. The Pranksters set out in 1965 on a road trip through America, stoned out of their minds on grass, speed, and orange juice laced with acid...

Posted By: gdub411
Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:10

To Alcohol...The cause and cure to all of life's problems.

Thank God for Alcohol.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:11

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:13
Originally posted by Karnevil9 Karnevil9 wrote:

So you were the mushroom vote!

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:15

So that means you've probably listened to ELP on shrooms... right?

Posted By: mwb498
Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:21
LSD seems to have a very profound and permanent affect...at least for me.  It almost seems like you can tell if someone has tripped before you even get to know them or ask them.  It also seems like from that moment on you become wrapped up in a perpetual state of emotional narccicism, mania/depression, and paranoia.  It ebbs and flows and often times you feel like Hitler...and often times Jesus...but eventually you relax and the cycle starts itself over.

-------------
the moment of defecation is worth a thousand flatulations

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:29
Originally posted by mwb498 mwb498 wrote:

LSD seems to have a very profound and permanent affect...at least for me.  It almost seems like you can tell if someone has tripped before you even get to know them or ask them.  It also seems like from that moment on you become wrapped up in a perpetual state of emotional narccicism, mania/depression, and paranoia.  It ebbs and flows and often times you feel like Hitler...and often times Jesus...but eventually you relax and the cycle starts itself over.

That was just...brilliant.

Seriously. I agree wholeheartedly and see those traits in myself. I'm sure that permanent change that LSD can bring about is one of the reasons why people in the '60's thought it was going to change the world and open everyone's mind. They didn't realize it was just impending neurosis or psychosis until it was too late, i.e. Syd Barrett, Brian Wilson, etc.

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:30

Yeah, that's very weird and awesome. Continuously through this book, it's constantly bringing up... intersubjectivity! -- these psychic realizations between several minds, all occuring as one emotion, one thought...

Posted By: DallasBryan
Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:43
chief minihaha, back in the day!

of course it became the Shining in the latter daze!

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:44

Originally posted by DallasBryan DallasBryan wrote:

chief minihaha, back in the day!

?

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:46
the choice of the native american ritual

you know the gleam in Neil Youngs scowl

Edgar Froese daily diet

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:51

the choice of the native american ritual

you know the gleam in Neil Youngs scowl

Edgar Froese daily diet

Haha, ok..

But I'm still confused.

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:55
peyote is used in native american indian rituals,
mescaline is derived from peyote or synthetic
sources. Hence Chief MANY HAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAhahahahahahahhahahahahahha
hhaahheheheheheeeehehe

how much more illumination you need illustrated
one?

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 22:57

peyote is used in native american indian rituals,
mescaline is derived from peyote or synthetic
sources. Hence Chief MANY HAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAhahahahahahahhahahahahahha
hhaahheheheheheeeehehe

how much more illumination you need illustrated
one?

Oh, ok! Peyote! Sorry man... you were confusing me. Yeah, I know mescaline is derived from peyote, and I had meant to put them both on there but I forgot I guess..

What is the real difference between peyote and mescaline? I heard you get insane nausea with peyote.

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 23:04
depends on the purity of the product, mescaline at its
purist form (pink long crystals) is free of nausea.
Though the devil will make you hurt so bad youll
wish you never opened the door.

Fun going in, hell coming out! You can lose
something in there that you dont wanna let go of!

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 23:06

depends on the purity of the product, mescaline at its
purist form (pink long crystals) is free of nausea.
Though the devil will make you hurt so bad youll
wish you never opened the door.

Fun going in, hell coming out!

So you've opened your doors of perception...

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 23:07
about 30 years ago, remember I am a child of the
70's

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 23:09

about 30 years ago, remember I am a child of the
70's

What was it like?

Date Posted: May 01 2005 at 23:14
you know the pattern

alcohol    / rowdy
marijuana   / free thinking
cocaine   / sex freak
acid/mushrooms / witchcraft
heroin / orgies
sorcery / majik
satanics /blood rituals

stop where you like hopefully its early on
you dont need it, dead end street!

----------------
lyrics from Pink Floyd Animals Sheep single

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland
away,
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan, and I have seen,
Things are not what they seem.
What do you get for pretending the danger's not real.
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors, into the valley of steel.
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes.
Now things are really what they seem,
No, this is not bad dream.
THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD. I SHALL NOT WANT
HE MAKES ME DOWN TO LIE
THROUGH PASTURES GREEN HE LEADETH ME
THE SILENT WATERS BY.
WITH BRIGHT KNIVES HE RELEASETH MY SOUL
HE MAKETH ME TO HANG ON HOOKS IN HIGH
PLACES.
HE CONVERTETH ME TO LAMB CUTLETS.
FOR LO, HE HATH GREAT POWER, AND GREAT
HUNGER.
WHEN COMETH THE DAY WE LOWLY ONES
THROUGH QUIET REFLECTION, AND GREAT
DEDICATION,
MASTER THE ART OF KARATE.
LO, WE SHALL RISE UP,
AND THEN WE'LL MAKE THE BUGGERS' EYES
WATER.
Bleating and babbling I fell on his neck with a
scream.
Wave upon wave of demented avengers
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Posted By: Eddy
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 00:38
well, i enjoy weed. never like it with other stuff sprinkled on though. achohol is OK, i dont get pissed drunk like some of my friends.schinergizing as its called here is really fun, but extremmly dangerous its doing weed+achool. your whole vison gets shaky but its ALWAys ends at leats for us with one of us getting super sick and throwing up all over the place. Ive also done some meth, but    thats like detergent strait to the brain. ive done poopers which are really fun. my favorite is magic mushrooms. feels like your in the ocean, you feel all wavy. i likeit . I LIKE IT!

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 01:10

Originally posted by Eddy Eddy wrote:

well, i enjoy weed. never like it with other stuff sprinkled on though. achohol is OK, i dont get pissed drunk like some of my friends.schinergizing as its called here is really fun, but extremmly dangerous its doing weed+achool. your whole vison gets shaky but its ALWAys ends at leats for us with one of us getting super sick and throwing up all over the place. Ive also done some meth, but    thats like detergent strait to the brain. ive done poopers which are really fun. my favorite is magic mushrooms. feels like your in the ocean, you feel all wavy. i likeit . I LIKE IT!

What are poopers?

Posted By: aqualung28
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 01:14
Salvia for me man.  it doesn't really last long but when you trip you trip hard.  I personally haven't tripped on it but I still felt really relaxed.  I hear it helps if you shut your eyes with the lights out but my friend was freaking out too much when I turned off the lights

-------------
"O' lady look up in time o' lady look out of love
'n you should have us all
O' you should have us fall"
"Bill's Corpse" By Captain Beefheart

Posted By: James Lee
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 01:15
Originally posted by illustrated illustrated wrote:

What are poopers?

Either he meant poppers or Eddy's doing some sort of anal suppository treatment. Either way, it's an ugly scene.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/sollipsist/?chartstyle=kaonashi">

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 01:16

Originally posted by aqualung28 aqualung28 wrote:

Salvia for me man.  it doesn't really last long but when you trip you trip hard.  I personally haven't tripped on it but I still felt really relaxed.  I hear it helps if you shut your eyes with the lights out but my friend was freaking out too much when I turned off the lights

Haha, that's cool. I know some people who've done it. Isn't it legal? Someone said you can buy it over the counter.. do you hallucinate heavy on it or not?

..what are poppers?

Posted By: JrKASperov
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 01:32

Drugs are bad 'k?

-------------
Epic.

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 01:38

Originally posted by JrKASperov JrKASperov wrote:

Drugs are bad 'k?

psht

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 01:48

Haha, that's cool. I know some people who've done it. Isn't it legal? Someone said you can buy it over the counter.. do you hallucinate heavy on it or not?

..what are poppers?

Amyl nitrite (or is it butyl nitrite? I'm not sure; I've heard it called both). Very intense but very short-lived headrush (in fact, back in the day, we used to call it "rush"). You inhale it. It's bad news in my opinion; it makes your head feel like it's about to explode, and I could see my eye veins pulse with my heartbeat in my field of vision. A stroke waiting to happen; at least it felt that way to me.

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 02:03

..what are poppers?

Amyl nitrite (or is it butyl nitrite? I'm not sure; I've heard it called both). Very intense but very short-lived headrush (in fact, back in the day, we used to call it "rush"). You inhale it. It's bad news in my opinion; it makes your head feel like it's about to explode, and I could see my eye veins pulse with my heartbeat in my field of vision. A stroke waiting to happen; at least it felt that way to me.

That doesn't sound like any good.

Posted By: Rob The Good
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 02:32
Caffeine is my master.

But I've read a bit about psychedelics and am almost ashamed/scared to admit that I'm fascinated

-------------
And Jesus said unto John, "come forth and receive eternal life..."
Unfortunately, John came fifth and was stuck with a toaster.

Posted By: emdiar
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 03:28

Poppers are really only ever fun during sex, which is why they are sold in sex shops.

Best trip ever?? DMT crystals. A highly concentrated version of Salvia. The intensely visual/aural trip only lasts about 30mins, and after that you feel fresh as a daisy, which is why it's sometimes known as "businessmans acid". Very rare, and expensive, but a treat if you can get it.

My personal drug of choice however, is Cannabis Hollandica!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v423/emdiar/?">DSC02111.jpg

-------------
Perception is truth, ergo opinion is fact.

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 03:29

I didn't have much luck with Salvia...all I got was a bad taste and a headache, both times.

I'm not much of a drinker, but I like a cold beer or two on a hot day (and we get a few of them in the desert) and I can really enjoy tequila if I'm feeling more serious about drinking. Also red wine, but I'm neither a wino nor a wine snob- I just like how it compliments food.

I still smoke my share of weed. As far as I'm concerned, it's no different than a beer or two. It used to really open me up, now it just chills me out a bit and makes television almost bearable. Maybe that's just the quality of the stuff we get around here, though...

Acid and mushrooms were constant companions for a few years there. I've had good trips, not so good trips, and one hellish 2+ day marathon trip- on one ridiculously potent sugarcube- during which I had to go to work and attend a family dinner (it was macaroni & cheese and man, that stuff really comes alive!). All in all, the psychedelics are my favorite...though if I had the choice tomorrow I'd opt for a more mellow mescaline over the straining smile bowel clenching acid fireworks. Plus, I don't really need to be any more introspective than I already am...MDMA was a nice compromise, I had a nice little run with that in the late 80s/ early 90s. Happy and social (in other words, a complete personality change ), with just enough extra significance to everything. Saw some bad effects but never had 'em myself. I'd probably do it again, with my wife, if the right opportunity ever came up.

Coke & heroin I've tried but neither are for me. The first gives me way too much personality and the other, not enough.  Not to mention too damn expensive and dangerous as hell. 

-------------

Posted By: oliverstoned
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 04:11
wooo!
i never dreamed of such a thread!

If i could vote for two things,that would be weed and mushrooms

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 04:13
...without forgetting LSA

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 05:07
Originally posted by emdiar emdiar wrote:

Poppers are really only ever fun during sex, which is why they are sold in sex shops.

Best trip ever?? DMT crystals. A highly concentrated version of Salvia. The intensely visual/aural trip only lasts about 30mins, and after that you feel fresh as a daisy, which is why it's sometimes known as "businessmans acid". Very rare, and expensive, but a treat if you can get it.

My personal drug of choice however, is Cannabis Hollandica!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v423/emdiar/?">[IMG">class=pic height=462 alt=DSC02111.jpg src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/emdiar/DSC02111. jpg" width=616>

Yes DMT is considered to be one of the most intense drug's effect, if not the most, but this has nothing to do with Salvia (i haven't try this, but know people who did), whereas i've tried salvia under various forms, inluding 10X extract.

About weed, what's the stongest weed or hash you tried?
What about neville's haze and hawaian?

Posted By: Manunkind
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 06:21

Music

-------------
"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 07:39
Ther's nothing like doing a good vapo outside in the sun!

Posted By: Syzygy
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 07:51

Like a few other oldsters on here, I've pretty much been through the card where mind altering substances are concerned. These days I'm pretty much clean and sober barring the odd bit of weed. I wouldn't necessarily rule 'shrooms out either, you can buy them over the counter round where I live, but I think I've got all I'm going to get out of psychedelics. The only things I was ever addicted to were alcohol and nicotine, which are of course both legal.

I've only ever had a bad trip on ecstasy (MDMA), which I tried a few times about 10 years ago. I had a few good times, one blindingly amazing experience (I temporarily became a combination of Jesus, Buddha and Elvis and spent several hours wandering around blessing total strangers. Remarkably, none of them hit me.) and one absolute nightmare, following which I gave up. Cocaine never really did it for me (I preferred the ego loss of a trip to the ego boost of the devil's dandruff) and I find otherwise pleasant people totally insufferable after they've done a line, in the same way that drunks are a total pain when you're sober.

I don't necessarily agree that all drugs are bad, but I do think that if you need to get totally out of it on more than an occasional basis you've got problems, whatever your poison.

-------------
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Posted By: Reed Lover
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 08:09

I've tried most of the stuff discussed here but not heroin.Had a close friend die of an OD when I was at Uni.
These days I stick to alcohol,but never get totally wasted like I did when I was younger.My problem with drugs is that I like to be in total control of myself all the time and so am afraid of taking them now.

Anyway,my head's messed up enough as it is....Confused

-------------

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 08:27
Alcohol. I have never touched any drugs, and I never will. Don't need em, my friends are always telling me I'm crazy enough when I'm sober .

-------------

Posted By: Syzygy
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 09:04

Originally posted by WiguJimbo WiguJimbo wrote:

Alcohol. I have never touched any drugs, and I never will. Don't need em, my friends are always telling me I'm crazy enough when I'm sober .

Alcohol is a drug Jimbo, and considerably more dangerous than some illegal substances.

-------------
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Posted By: threefates
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 09:18
Don't do drugs or drink alcohol.  Don't smoke either.  I prefer to lose myself other ways!! And since I'm a bit hyper naturally... I can lose others as well...

-------------
THIS IS ELP

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 09:26

Yeh Guilty,use to be an Acid head but the stuff is so crap & dickey these days.

Posted By: Jimbo
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 09:35
Originally posted by Syzygy Syzygy wrote:

Originally posted by WiguJimbo WiguJimbo wrote:

Alcohol is a drug Jimbo, and considerably more dangerous than some illegal substances.

Yeah, I know. I should have expressed myself better. I don't have anything against weed or something like that, it's the real  drugs I don't approve (LSD, Heroin etc.).

But then again, this is not an important subject to me, as I don't drink that much, nor is it my business if someone does use those drugs. To each his own, I guess

-------------

Posted By: Velvetclown
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 10:08
Bilden “http://www.studio-maass.de/photos/Absolut-Sweden.jpg” kan inte visas, då den innehåller fel.

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Posted By: Alucard
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 10:21
The bottle or the bottleholder?

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 10:22
Bilden “http://marumaru54.cocolog-nifty.com/marumaru/image/wank.jpg” kan inte visas, då den innehåller fel.

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 10:40

Come here Rex.. Yes that's fine, look what Captain Saussage brought you. 

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 10:41
UNCLE MEAT !!!!!!!!!!  Bilden “http://flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/laughing_dog.gif” kan inte visas, då den innehåller fel.

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 10:44
Lemmy Out Of Here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 11:03

Miauuw!!!

Posted By: Pale Fire
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 11:25
...and now for something completely different

-------------
[IMG]http://eonbluepatient.com/images/fire.png">

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 13:31
A hair of the dog ? 

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Posted By: con safo
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 14:05
Mary jane is my maiden of choice, not a big fan of the bottle... I've puked myself clean on that sh*t. gave mushrooms a couple tries, intense stuff. Also tried salvia, which is like a 10 minute LSD high, really fun stuff with no negative effects on the body.. and its funny as sh*t to watch others smoke it.

-------------

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 15:08

Yeh Guilty,use to be an Acid head but the stuff is so crap & dickey these days.

So you were an acid head?
It explains many things

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 15:34

Originally posted by oliverstoned oliverstoned wrote:

...without forgetting LSA

Hehe, I thought you'd post sooner or later.

A few friends of mine tried morning glory (LSA). I don't think they extracted it properly... there's a way to do it so that you don't get any nausea, but they just ground it up really fine and had it in glasses of water. One of my friends had too much, or was even more foolish about how he took it, but I'm not sure how that went.. but I remember him telling me over the phone how he got insanely sick, and felt like he was going to die.. and throughout his trip had feelings which were completely contrasting. Anyway, as for the other guys, I don't know how it was for them. I know for one of them it was great because he had just the right amount, but there again I don't even know how much they took.. I know that later on in the day they smoked some weed and it was amazing, as if the LSA was like a weed-booster or something.

Posted By: goose
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:39

..what are poppers?

Salvia's f**king nasty... I've not known one person to have a good experience on it, and I certainly didn't. It is legal though, so try it if you want . Poppers are some legal inhalant, a lot of people do them although I never have.

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:40
Originally posted by goose goose wrote:

..what are poppers?

Salvia's f**king nasty... I've not known one person to have a good experience on it, and I certainly didn't. It is legal though, so try it if you want . Poppers are some legal inhalant, a lot of people do them although I never have.

Yeah I've heard a lot of people find the salvia experience very unpleasant, and I think I'll stay away from all inhalants...

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:40
Any drugs that I'd particularly enjoy I wouldn't take regularly enough to call a "drug of choice". Mushrooms were pretty crazy and I've got some acid to take at some point. I guess then alcohol is my drug of choice, if only because it's the only one I consume at all regularly (no caffeine for me )

Posted By: ROCK GOD
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:43

preety

i take pompoms aka hash

-------------

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:44

Any drugs that I'd particularly enjoy I wouldn't take regularly enough to call a "drug of choice". Mushrooms were pretty crazy and I've got some acid to take at some point. I guess then alcohol is my drug of choice, if only because it's the only one I consume at all regularly (no caffeine for me )

Well, yeah. I thought about that after I made the poll, and you're right... most people would obviously choose alcohol or marijuana because those are the drugs that most people do on a regular basis (aside from maybe coffee, or smoking... or chocolate).

Posted By: ROCK GOD
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 16:48
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://xo.typepad.com/blog/images/snoopdogg-thumb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://xo.typepad.com/blog/nature/&h=241&w=233&sz=12&tbnid=NAozoRW60KgJ:&tbnh=104&tbnw=101&hl=en&start=4&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsnoop%2Bdog%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8"> http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000001Y1B.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rockonthenet.com/artists-d/drdre.htm&h=300&w=303&sz=27&tbnid=hkY1KdvvSNsJ:&tbnh=110&tbnw=111&hl=en&start=12&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddr%2Bdre%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8 - http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/fun/devivals/A-DAM2001/allphotos/04-EMPIRE-HAZE-HASH.JPG&imgrefurl=http://boards.slackercentral.com/showthread.php%3Fgoto%3Dnewpost%26t%3D65701&h=480&w=640&sz=49&tbnid=cw2xyZ-shnUJ:&tbnh=101&tbnw=135&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhash%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8">

-------------

Posted By: Eddy
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 17:09
wooo! smooke that thing!. poppers are inhelents that Were extremmly common in the disco arena. it makes you feel like theres a orcistation of percussion in  your head. THUNMP THUMP THUMP! its quite crazy i tell, you it lasta as long as slavia. there legal to buy anywhere exept united states, which is extra retarded!

Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 17:21

wooo! smooke that thing!. poppers are inhelents that Were extremmly common in the disco arena. it makes you feel like theres a orcistation of percussion in  your head. THUNMP THUMP THUMP! its quite crazy i tell, you it lasta as long as slavia. there legal to buy anywhere exept united states, which is extra retarded!

Well, I live in Canada.

But seriously, how bad are they for you?

Posted By: Arsillus
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 17:22

I have never touched any kind of drug and don't plan to ever in my life. Yet, I owe to drugs pretty much all the music I enjoy and making the Beatles a lot better.

Posted By: Mr. Krinkle
Date Posted: May 02 2005 at 17:35
Alcohol, sweet jane and tobaco. i'll try some psychedelyc stuff later in m7y life.

Posted By: PROGMAN
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 04:32
Madness absolute Madness!

-------------
CYMRU AM BYTH

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 05:34

Marijuana, I guess.

I can take or leave drink and anything else, although acid was a lot of fun, and I'm sometimes tempted to go out and do some more. I'm probably too old to enjoy it now. I've probably had too much going on in my life/head for a 'trip' to ever be pleasant or uncomplicated again.

I do need to quit the weed though. My chest aches, I cough like an asthmatic pit pony, and I cant remember a fu**ing thing..

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 10:13
So turn on vaporisation
it's so easier on lungs and throat!

Or just eat cakes!

Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 10:48

Originally posted by oliverstoned oliverstoned wrote:

So turn on vaporisation
it's so easier on lungs and throat!

Or just eat cakes!

Those vapourisers are expensive and by all accounts you have to use twice as much gear to get the same effect. Is this true?

As for cookies and cakes, I could live with that I guess. However, there is something very appealing about the whole ritual of making and sharing a joint.

-------------

Posted By: bluetailfly
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 10:53

I don't believe LSD has a permanent affect at all (unless you trip day after day, thousands of times--and there are people who have done this!), and I know many people who have tripped and their behavior, post-trip, is identical to what it was before.

I have a feeling that if you think about the nature of your personality before you first tripped, you'll find that it's pretty much the same as it is now. It's just that the acid made you more aware of your psychological states than you were before.

-------------
"The red polygon's only desire / is to get to the blue triangle."

Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 11:06
Originally posted by bluetailfly bluetailfly wrote:

I don't believe LSD has a permanent affect at all (unless you trip day after day, thousands of times--and there are people who have done this!), and I know many people who have tripped and their behavior, post-trip, is identical to what it was before.

I have a feeling that if you think about the nature of your personality before you first tripped, you'll find that it's pretty much the same as it is now. It's just that the acid made you more aware of your psychological states than you were before.

I would agree with your last paragraph bluetailfly.

Acid is a powerfull drug, but I dont think its affects the individual permenantly unless they have done an enormous amount over along period of time, OR the user is predisposed to mental and emotional anguish anyway. LSD can trigger the onset of schizophrenia in some users in that category, but this is apparently rare.

I believe LSD merely amplifies your senses, and exagerates aspects of your character until they can either appear hillarious or terrifying to you. You can have enormous profound and almost religious experiences on it. I have felt the rotation of the Earth beneath me before, indeed I have been able to stop the Earth turning too

I have been an alien, a rabbit and a woman - that was stranger than being an alien

-------------

Posted By: Dan Bobrowski
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 11:41

Moderation, kiddies, always practice moderation.

I enjoy a fine glass of ale every now and again. Coffee is another drug of choice, but as Bryan Ferry once said, "Love is the drug for me." 

I don't use, but I believe marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, but smoking, in any form, is not good for the body. I'd like to see a mist styled inhaler for "medicinal" purposes. Any other drug is simply rolling the dice, IMHO.  

Posted By: bluetailfly
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 11:59
Originally posted by danbo danbo wrote:

I enjoy a fine glass of ale every now and again. Coffee is another drug of choice, but as Bryan Ferry once said, "Love is the drug for me." 

I don't use, but I believe marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, but smoking, in any form, is not good for the body. I'd like to see a mist styled inhaler for "medicinal" purposes. Any other drug is simply rolling the dice, IMHO.  

Yes, I agree. I have tripped a few times a long time ago in college, but I will probably never do it again. Been there, done that. No need to do it again. I have benefitted from it, but the power of the experience has worn off in terms gaining insights. I don't need the ride any more.

I do agree that pot is better for you than alchohol, but again in moderation (like once in a while, not multiple times a day).

-------------
"The red polygon's only desire / is to get to the blue triangle."

Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 13:40
Regarding the other plants, strange that no one quoted cacti. I never tried them.

Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 14:18
...morever cacti miss in the list, cause mescalin is the synthetic and concentrated form of mescalin-containing cacti.

Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 15:36
Originally posted by danbo danbo wrote:

Absolutely (although it should be practise - my brain hasn't been addled, you see! )

Posted By: JrKASperov
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 15:39
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Acid is a powerfull drug, but I dont think its affects the individual permenantly unless they have done an enormous amount over along period of time, OR the user is predisposed to mental and emotional anguish anyway. LSD can trigger the onset of schizophrenia in some users in that category, but this is apparently rare.

There is just need of one example to disprove it, and my brother knows someone who has had chronic psychosis from a trip. So what you think is irrelevant, that LSD is dangerous is a fact.

-------------
Epic.

Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 16:17

There is just need of one example to disprove it, and my brother knows someone who has had chronic psychosis from a trip. So what you think is irrelevant, that LSD is dangerous is a fact.

Agreed it's dangerous for some, and the same can be said of all drugs including alcohol. The difference with booze is that it kills over 30,000 people every year in the UK, but the powers that be deem that acceptable in the name of raising revenue.

If you spend much of your young years in the company of habitual drug users you can expect a casualty to emerge from the 'good times' eventually.

The best defence is indeed to leave well alone.

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 16:21
 i love Alcohol

Posted By: Joren
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 16:30

alcohol for me

weed is ok too

Posted By: synthguy
Date Posted: May 03 2005 at 20:18
   I could have gone with the first three, I guess.
Which has caused the most problems in my life?
Looking at the list, been there. Done that.
I have partied out most of my life.
God bless those who can use casually.

-------------
Wearing feelings on our faces when our faces took a rest...

Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 13:59

Acid is a powerfull drug, but I dont think its
affects the individual permenantly unless they have done an enormous
amount over along period of time, OR the user is predisposed to mental
and emotional anguish anyway. LSD can trigger the onset of
schizophrenia in some users in that category, but this is
apparently rare.

There is just need of one example to disprove it, and my brother
knows someone who has had chronic psychosis from a trip. So what you
think is irrelevant, that LSD is dangerous is a fact.

That's very rare in fact.

Take ke9 for example, he used to be an acid head and...
hmm...sorry, it's not a good exemple

Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 16:55

Hm, I'm really curious about something...

I'm just wondering, what kind of people should do acid? Well, not should do, but are more safe to do it than most people... And, what kind of people definitely should never even go near it?

Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 17:00

I did a LOT of acid, and I turned out okay.

Me too.

And me.

Don't listen to them, they're always plotting against me.

Did anybody else see that?

Shh, they'll suspect something.

-------------

Posted By: tuxon
Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 17:04

I'm just wondering, what kind of people should do acid? Well, not should do, but are more safe to do it than most people... And, what kind of people definitely should never even go near it?

Like James Lee said, don't use it on your own, at least have someone else present. When you are experienced enough you can use it whenever you like, then there will alway's be someone to watch you.

-------------
I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT

Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 17:06

Not helping!

Originally posted by tuxon tuxon wrote:

Like James Lee said, don't use it on your own, at least have someone else present. When you are experienced enough you can use it whenever you like, then there will alway's be someone to watch you.

Yeah, I'd definitely have someone around... but is it important to have someone who isn't doing acid?

Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 17:10

Funny thing about acid (or anything else, really)...you may not realize you're at risk for negative psychological effects untill it happens. I would definitely avoid acid if you have a tendency for a negative self-image or a short temper, but conversely it could also mitigate those tendencies...like the man said, it's all a big roll of the dice. If you're fairly comfortable with yourself (and not too easily freaked out), you'll probably be okay. But there's no guarantee of anything in life, and curiousity is often rewarded with danger.

My advice to anyone new to it is to remember to remind yourself, every once in while during the trip: "Don't freak out, it's all just the acid and it will be over in a little while."

-------------

Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 17:26
It's also very important to be in the very good state of mind when you do it.
Cause the emotionnal state is amplified by acid.

Moreover, badtrips happen when your ego resists.
Like said Jerry Garcia, the best acid trips where those when you totally forget yourself.

Then , you can reach the nirvana

Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 17:26
Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

Funny thing about acid (or anything else, really)...you may not realize you're at risk for negative psychological effects untill it happens. I would definitely avoid acid if you have a tendency for a negative self-image or a short temper, but conversely it could also mitigate those tendencies...like the man said, it's all a big roll of the dice. If you're fairly comfortable with yourself (and not too easily freaked out), you'll probably be okay. But there's no guarantee of anything in life, and curiousity is often rewarded with danger.

My advice to anyone new to it is to remember to remind yourself, every once in while during the trip: "Don't freak out, it's all just the acid and it will be over in a little while."

Cool, thanks. [and thanks to oliverstoned as well]

What about shrooms?

Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 17:47

Yeah, I'd definitely have someone around... but is it important to have someone who isn't doing acid?

Yes!

Shrooms aren't quite such a problem though - you can start off with say 10g and work up - that said, how strong they are is very unpredictable - I had 30 on my first trip and was fine [no one sober around until my friend's parents got home, pretty weird experience when I wanted to run around outside and I was just staring at my shoes which weren't tied, my mate's mum asked if I could do them up  - I managed, just about], just a little hazy and weird movement but my friends had 30 of the same type and had completely mad trips.

With acid, however (I'm not speaking from experience here, so anyone feel free to correct me), it's even less easy to tell how strong a tab is, because of the way it's broken down very quickly and triggers something else.

Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 17:56

Yes!

Shrooms aren't quite such a problem though - you can start off with say 10g and work up - that said, how strong they are is very unpredictable - I had 30 on my first trip and was fine [no one sober around until my friend's parents got home, pretty weird experience when I wanted to run around outside and I was just staring at my shoes which weren't tied, my mate's mum asked if I could do them up  - I managed, just about], just a little hazy and weird movement but my friends had 30 of the same type and had completely mad trips.

With acid, however (I'm not speaking from experience here, so anyone feel free to correct me), it's even less easy to tell how strong a tab is, because of the way it's broken down very quickly and triggers something else.

Well, I hear most people start off with quite a bit less than that (about 2g). 10g seems like an awful lot, but then again like you said, I guess it depends on what you get. Quite a few people around here do mushrooms, and so so many smoke pot.. [west coast British Columbia, Vancouver Island]

Some of the best pot in the world here.

Posted By: Trotsky
Date Posted: May 04 2005 at 22:52

Haven't broken the law since 1996 ... which makes me a rum and vodka man these days ...

but in the early 90s I did take 43 trips on 61 tabs ... and I can't believe I'm the only one whose fave is the ol' lysergic acid ... I remember I discovered Selling England By The Pound while high on it (umm) ... although a nice mix of lucy and mary-jane would be my ultimate choice ...

-------------
"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."

Date Posted: May 05 2005 at 00:14
Originally posted by Trotsky Trotsky wrote:

Haven't broken the law since 1996 ... which makes me a rum and vodka man these days ...

but in the early 90s I did take 43 trips on 61 tabs ... and I can't believe I'm the only one whose fave is the ol' lysergic acid ... I remember I discovered Selling England By The Pound while high on it (umm) ... although a nice mix of lucy and mary-jane would be my ultimate choice ...

That's pretty awesome. I can imagine a lot of prog being very heavy on acid..

I remember the first time listened to CTTE really stoned. My god..

Date Posted: May 05 2005 at 02:07

Trust me: Golden Throats vol.1 on acid...that'll really blow your mind.

-------------

Date Posted: May 05 2005 at 02:29
Originally posted by James Lee James Lee wrote:

Trust me: Golden Throats vol.1 on acid...that'll really blow your mind.

Golden Throats??

Date Posted: May 05 2005 at 03:02
Alco...Hick 

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Print Page | Close Window