Print Page | Close Window

Which Jade Warrior album you like the most?

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Polls
Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=57865
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 17:44
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Which Jade Warrior album you like the most?
Posted By: Alberto Muñoz
Subject: Which Jade Warrior album you like the most?
Date Posted: May 11 2009 at 12:52
Please answer and reflects your opinions, comments, etcWink

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: May 11 2009 at 13:35
I only know three and Floating World is the best of those (Breathing the Storm and Distant Echoes are disappointing by comparison). Sorry, no vote.

-------------
What?

Posted By: Alberto Muñoz
Date Posted: May 11 2009 at 16:27
It seems than many PA members do not know this wonderful band, and that is a shameCry

-------------

Posted By: Syzygy
Date Posted: May 11 2009 at 16:33
I'm most familiar with the Island albums (Floating World through to Way of the Sun) and Floating World gets my vote, with Kites a close second. The 4 Island albums were reissued as a 2 CD set a few years ago and I strongly recommend it. 

-------------
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Posted By: Easy Money
Date Posted: May 11 2009 at 16:43
I have some of their albums, I like them all, but I forget which one is which. Which one has Zanzibar, I like that song.

Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: May 12 2009 at 01:04

After years of voyeurism on this site, I finally saw fit to get involved.  Since Last Autumn's Dream is one of my absolute favorite albums, I thought it needed some support.  Clap

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"

Posted By: jovar
Date Posted: October 09 2009 at 09:26
i think "lady of the lake" from LastAutumn'sDream" is one of our unique harmonic doorways into the next resonant evolutionary realm - made with love, impervious to evil

Posted By: SergiUriah
Date Posted: June 18 2010 at 20:55
2 weeks ago I buyed several albums in amazon and play.com (crazy cheap prices!) and I have just -yesterday & today-listened to Jade Warrior´s "Last Autumn Dream". After this I have few words to describe what I feel: 

Just only that Music is Magic. Amazing album made with mixtures from many founts and an incredible a great band playing beautiful songs. The result is a 5 stars.

Can´t understand why there are so few answers in any JW thread. (and too many about the same bands sometimes)

-------------
http://img229.imageshack.us/i/bonfirma.jpg/">

Posted By: Adams Bolero
Date Posted: June 19 2010 at 15:38

Wonderful band. I love all their albums but Kites has always been a particular favourite of mine.

-------------
''Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.''

- Albert Camus

Date Posted: June 19 2010 at 21:22
Someone who can tell another album most similar in sound to Last Autumn Dream? I listened to Way Of the Sun yesterday and I am affraid is too calm for me.

Thanks.Wink

-------------

Posted By: Adams Bolero
Date Posted: June 20 2010 at 12:17
Originally posted by SergiUriah SergiUriah wrote:

Someone who can tell another album most similar in sound to Last Autumn Dream? I listened to Way Of the Sun yesterday and I am affraid is too calm for me.

Thanks.Wink
Released is very similar sounding to Last Autumn's Dream.

-------------
''Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.''

- Albert Camus

Date Posted: June 20 2010 at 13:10
^^Thanks very much Adams Bolero. I ´ll listen to it.Wink

-------------

Posted By: Geizao
Date Posted: June 21 2010 at 05:45

Floating World...........is floating me away.......

Posted By: kenethlevine
Date Posted: October 23 2010 at 21:03
just rediscovering the 4 Island albums and it's close between the first "Floting World" and the last "Way of the Sun".  I picked the latter partly because it has had no love up till now!

Posted By: Jazzywoman
Date Posted: October 23 2010 at 21:04
God, i need to go to amazon and buy all these albums....i havent heard this stuff in a while!  Anyways, Floating World....if i can recall haha

-------------

Posted By: martinprog77
Date Posted: October 24 2010 at 03:43
Last Autumn Dream is fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
Nothing can last
there are no second chances.
Never give a day away.
Always live for today.

Posted By: Gandalff
Date Posted: October 24 2010 at 04:33

-------------
A Elbereth Gilthoniel
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!

Posted By: HackettFan
Date Posted: August 15 2012 at 21:19
One page? Only one page!! I love Jade Warrior. For those who don't know them, there are two basic eras. Check them out. Their best two albums for me are Released (from their 1st era) and Floating World (from their 2nd era). They were a very innovative band, and one of the truest examples of Prog is or should be.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: August 15 2012 at 21:43
Only know the island years. Of those I like Way Of The Sun the best.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: infocat
Date Posted: August 15 2012 at 22:14
Way of the Sun

-------------
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.

Date Posted: August 15 2012 at 22:37
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Only know the island years. Of those I like Way Of The Sun the best.

That one's good. You might be surprised how coarse and crunchy the older Vertigo ones are. In addition to their musical complexity they have a great groove (I'm thinking especially of Barazinbar). They may have been the earliest band to have fiddled with world music too. They got a lot of their symphonic sound with droning distortion rather than mellotron or synth. Lots of dynamic contrasts too. You can find a lot of the older stuff on YouTube.

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: August 15 2012 at 23:51
It's good to see this thread coming out again since Jade Warrior are too overlooked here and would appeal to a lot of people here. They are very progressive and have so many styles fused together in an album. I only know the first 4 albums and my favorite is Last Autumn's Dream followed by Released.

Here is just one side of the band that features their more rocky side. Check out the end before the 4 minute mark.

Posted By: hobocamp
Date Posted: August 16 2012 at 07:27
Huge fan. I voted LAD. Burn incense while you listen and look at The Wonder Years with the volume down.

Posted By: Eria Tarka
Date Posted: August 17 2012 at 00:32
I liked their debut but I haven't heard much elseEmbarrassed

Date Posted: August 17 2012 at 20:17
The arrangements get more complicated and extended with the second album. It's fascinating how they had no drummer (playing on an actual drum kit) on the first album just Jon Field who was both the flautist and percussionist. He did some of his percussion on the first album with drum sticks on a wooden stool. They got a drummer and a saxophone player on the second album, Released, but they left thereafter. The group actually got along without a conventional drummer for most of the time they were together.

Date Posted: August 17 2012 at 22:20
I have to correct myself. The drummer, Allan Price was still with the band on Last Autumn's Dream. Apologies.

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: August 18 2012 at 01:06
No mentioning to their latest album Now. I have listened to it only once but didn't get it, it felt a little inconsistent but maybe it was just varied, I have to check it again.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk