Print Page | Close Window

Progressive Clothing?

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Topics not related to music
Forum Name: I Have A Question For You......?
Forum Description: Ask any question on any subject: if the admin team or any of our members can answer it we will.
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58474
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 12:37
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Progressive Clothing?
Posted By: OzzProg
Subject: Progressive Clothing?
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 15:29
I am so sick and tired of people walking around with Led Zeppelin / Pink Floyd / The Beatles / The Doors / Some Death Metal band T-Shirts!!! (sorry I just had to spit that out!)

ANYWAYS, to change things up at school I want to buy a whole load of cool Prog Rock T's. I currently have a handful of prog t's, but not as many as I'd like. I decided to scour the internet for better luck... Unfortunately, I'm having a really hard time finding them online. I realize that a lot of bands sell them from their websites, but there must be some Prog Clothing database somewhere?

Is there a website anyone is familiar with that regularly has progressive rock t-shirts (and not just Pink Floyd / Beatles).

Thanks!

P.S.

I would love to rock a motW Part the Second shirt. If I can't find one, I'll make it myself.

EDIT: Woops! Just refined my search, and stumbled across this thread: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=49686

-------------
http://soundcloud.com/Ozzprog" rel="nofollow - Soundcloud

Replies:
Posted By: The Quiet One
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 15:33
I have a Doors, Sabbath, Aussie Floyd and Floyd t-shirtsEmbarrassed Also a 'moog' oneApprove And well, a Deep Purple "school"-bag! Cool

To answer your question, you actually answered it yourself, make your own t-shirt!

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 15:45
I still like those shirts, just that every third person at school wears one of the mentioned band t-shirts every day, and probably doesn't even listen to them.

I'll test my luck making some T's!

-------------

Posted By: King Crimson776
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 15:46
I've got King Crimson, Yes, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Allan Holdsworth, and even Spock's Beard t-shirts, along with a bunch more, you have to look on different sites but you can find them though. This website surprisingly has a few (Genesis, Gentle Giant, Soft Machine, Allan Holdsworth):   http://www.djtees.com/tshop/store/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=543 - http://www.djtees.com/tshop/store/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=543 . You won't find MotW stuff though, for bands like that it's probably only on their website if at all.

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 15:52
I used to have a black shirt that said "Boy Band Reject."  It was my favorite.  Now I can't fit into it...so I guess I really am a boy band reject.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Posted By: friso
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 16:10
I design my own t'shirts on a website. I now have a King Crimson t'shirt and a Gentle Giant shirt. I also made a KC t'shirt for my brother Tieme his bearthday with the massage on the back:

King Crimson
an observation by Tieme

Just make t'shirts yourself!

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 16:20
If I don't get it at the show I usually go to artists web site.  Santana has some really cool ones.  I also got a Yes logo and Genesis Lamb logo cap from a site called cafepress.  Why am I having deja vu with this thread? LOL

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 16:47
It's been a long time since I've been to any shows noteworthy to this site, but I used to always buy my concert souvenir shirts from venders in the parking lots.  Got some great Yes and Tull shirts that way, for good prices.  What do they cost now?  $40?  $50?  With a down payment of a baby's arm holding an apple?  Pinch Now I'm more prone to buying shirts with howling wolves and Indian petroglyphs on them.  Big smile

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"

Posted By: Evolver
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 16:53
My son (15 years old) wears my vintage ELP, Yes, Zappa & Floyd shirts that (*sob*) don't fit me any more.

-------------
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.

Posted By: RaphaelT
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 16:56
I've got 2 Van Der Graaf Generator T-shirts along with their badge, t-shirts of Riverside, Quidam, Credo and The Watch

the best way to get it: the shows and I am seeing Galahad on Thursday

-------------
yet you still have time!

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 16:59
I can't wait to get my filthy hands on a Beardfish T-Shirt at the ProgNation event!!!

-------------

Posted By: Icarium
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 17:10
im Dreaming of a t-shirt with the Acquiering the Taste art-work on the front the Thung and the Apple   Cool that would be awsome

Posted By: Jiggerjaw
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 17:13
I've always wanted a T-shirt of the Paradox Hotel album cover.  Anyone know if such a shirt exists?

Edit:  Heh.  Just noticed that that's also my sig.  I really like the album cover. Tongue

-------------

Posted By: harmonium.ro
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 17:20
Originally posted by kingfriso kingfriso wrote:

I design my own t'shirts on a website.

What website? Thanks.

Posted By: LandofLein
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 17:23
Originally posted by kingfriso kingfriso wrote:

I design my own t'shirts on a website. I now have a King Crimson t'shirt and a Gentle Giant shirt. I also made a KC t'shirt for my brother Tieme his bearthday with the massage on the back:

King Crimson
an observation by Tieme

Just make t'shirts yourself!

What website?

Posted By: enemyofthesundevils
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 17:46

I've got some Kayo Dot shirts.One from SxSw last year and one limited edition print sold through the website. A couple of Porcupine Tree shirts from the last two tours as well.My step uncle lives in Poland and got me a cool Out Of Myself Riverside shirt.Quite a few shirts from various post rock/metal bands that I purchased live.Storm of Light,Neurosis,Isis,Cult of Luna,Nadja,Psyopus,Mr.Bungle,etc.I'm quite the merch junkie as you guys can tell. Most bands sell their merch through their Myspace page of if not on tour.

I don't mind seeing people in the increasingly common Pink Floyd/Beatle/Zep shirts as long as the shirts are original and not purchased from Wal Mart and Target. I tend to see the same generic,10 dollar Wal mart Floyd prints everywhere I go and whats really frustrating is a lot of the people wearing them look like they don't know the first thing about Floyd.Death metal shirts don't bother me unless it's just excessively graphic and then I just think a person is going out of his way to shock people which is pretty lame.

Posted By: KingCrimson250
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 18:09
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

I used to have a black shirt that said "Boy Band Reject."  It was my favorite.  Now I can't fit into it...so I guess I really am a boy band reject.

Hahahaha where did you find that? That's great

Posted By: clarke2001
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 18:52
I have a Moog T-shirt; one with Paul and Ringo with the text "drum 'n' bass"; and I used to have a Led Zeppelin one, but now it belongs to my mother (she's got good taste in music).

But I never had a "real" prog rock T-shirt, but I guess I can make it...there's a small shop in my town doing that stuff, I think it's €7/$10 for a picture on your own shirt.

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 18:56
Originally posted by KingCrimson250 KingCrimson250 wrote:

Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Hahahaha where did you find that? That's great

I do not know.  A friend bought it for me many years ago.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Posted By: CryoftheCarrots
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 19:38
I have  Porcupine Tree , Mars Volta ,DreamTheater, and Tool  tshirts all purchased at concerts.

-------------
"There is a lot in this world to be tense and intense about"

MJK

Posted By: J-Man
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 20:04
Originally posted by OzzProg OzzProg wrote:

I am so sick and tired of people walking around with Led Zeppelin / Pink Floyd / The Beatles / The Doors / Some Death Metal band T-Shirts!!! (sorry I just had to spit that out!)

All 4 of the band you mentioned are on PA, and Pink Floyd is an awesome prog band. Just because a lot of people (such as I) wear Pink Floyd shirts doesn't mean that it should get any less credit. The reason why so many people wear Floyd shirts is because they are awesome and popular in the prog community.

As far as people who wear the shirts for he hell of it, well any degree of fan is still a fan.
At least they're putting dinner on David Gilmour's plateLOL

-------------

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime

Posted By: Nipsey88
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 20:46
Originally posted by Jiggerjaw Jiggerjaw wrote:

I've always wanted a T-shirt of the Paradox Hotel album cover.  Anyone know if such a shirt exists?

Edit:  Heh.  Just noticed that that's also my sig.  I really like the album cover. Tongue

Dunno bout that one, but I grabbed an Adam and Eve shirt on one of TFK's sadly few and far between visits to the states.

Got a rack of old concert T's from back in the day (early-mid 80's for me) from various prog bands like Rush, Yes, ELP, Tull, PF, Genesis, etc...sadly I was a much thinner lad then, and even should I want to sport them these days I would look absurd.Ermm

Newer ones I rock on a regular basis are the TFK one mentioned above, Mastodon (Leviathan Tour), Tool (got a couple from various tours), and a Giant Squid one I mail ordered.

Funny enough no PT after all the times I've seen them, gonna have to fix that next tour.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Nipsey88/?chartstyle=myspace02" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: fusionfreak
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 03:16
I've got Magma,Hypnos 69,Turzi,Queen of purple hearts T SHIRTS all bought at concerts!I hope to get some more,maybe a Djam Karet if I can see them this summer in St Palais sur Mer

-------------
I was born in the land of Mahavishnu,not so far from Kobaia.I'm looking for the world

of searchers with the help from

crimson king

Posted By: topofsm
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 04:06
I only have a few. I have a shirt with a Tool logo that a friend of mine made for me in his graphics class. But I also have a Meshuggah one with the really badass Nothing logo in blue on it.

And I also have this infamous one:

-------------

Posted By: Marty McFly
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 06:33
I think it's nothing bad to wear such a t-shirt. But to wear it and think about myself that I'm better than others, it's like these hop-hopers and their arrogant clothes, flat cap, loose trousers, music which makes me puke turned on very loud (from their hop-hop mobile phones) ... don't you think ?

I wear jeans all the time, pseudo jeans jacket and white T-shirt. All the time, just this one. I'm used to wear it and I don't want to change it. Well, I don't wear bands clothing, but still I wear comfortable clothes which don't make me feel bad.

-------------
There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my

Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 06:58
In my many years of buying and wearing progressive artist t-shirts if I've learned one thing, buy as large as possible. LOL
Even if you don't grow larger they will all shrink, progressively of course.

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: crimhead
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 12:56
*sighs*

I'm too fat these days to wear all my Yes,PF,GG,Genesis and ELP shirts from the 70's that I still got.

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 13:29
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

In my many years of buying and wearing progressive artist t-shirts if I've learned one thing, buy as large as possible. LOL
Even if you don't grow larger they will all shrink, progressively of course.
Quoted for truth.

I've never been a jeans and T-shirt person, prefering to be a little more individual in how I look, but I have a few band T-shirts, most purchased at gigs were the cash goes direct to the band.

-------------
What?

Posted By: BaldFriede
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 14:34
I have T-shirts of Gong, Here and Now, Hawkwind (several), VdGG, Peter Hammill and probably some other artists which just don't come to my mind right now too. I like the  "Warrior on the Edge of Time" t-shirt a lot because anatomy fills in the right parts for the landscape on that one. :)
I should mention that I have this on my t-shirt:

-------------

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.

Posted By: el dingo
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 16:25

If I don't get it at the show I usually go to artists web site.  Santana has some really cool ones.  I also got a Yes logo and Genesis Lamb logo cap from a site called cafepress.  Why am I having deja vu with this thread? LOL

Prob'ly for the same reason I am, my friendLOL

-------------
It's not that I can't find worth in anything, it's just that I can't find worth in enough.

Posted By: mr.cub
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 16:53

It seems to be the case with sports t-shirts as well. If another person is wearing a Cubs shirt or hat and they have no knowledge of baseball whatsoever I really couldn't care less- it is not my place to judge. I have shirts from the bands I like; if they happen to be Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin or Beatles shirts, I don't really mind at all because I love these groups. I never see anybody wearing Beck, Jethro Tull, Return to Forever, Umphrey's McGee and other shirts I have; that doesn't bother either.

And yeah go right ahead and make your own shirts. I tried a few but wasn't very pleased with the results

-------------

Posted By: WalterDigsTunes
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 17:10
Currently wearing a "Freak Out!" t-shirt. Yeah.

Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 17:49
Originally posted by WalterDigsTunes WalterDigsTunes wrote:

Currently wearing a "Freak Out!" t-shirt. Yeah.

I've never seen a Freak Out shirt.  Freak on dude! LOL

-------------

Posted By: zachfive
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 20:37
Am currently getting some VDGG shirts from this site. http://www.collectorware.com.ar/vdgg_hammill.htm

Posted By: Plankowner
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 21:07
I have alot of prog metal t-shirts. I only buy mine at shows, just doesn't feel the same if you order them online.

Posted By: WalterDigsTunes
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 21:19
Originally posted by Plankowner Plankowner wrote:

I have alot of prog metal t-shirts. I only buy mine at shows, just doesn't feel the same if you order them online.

My favourite artists are dead.

Posted By: Isa
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 23:02
I'm wearing my Rush Hemispheres T-shirt right now that I found online. Wink

Posted By: fuxi
Date Posted: June 04 2009 at 12:34
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

I have T-shirts of Gong, Here and Now, Hawkwind (several), VdGG, Peter Hammill and probably some other artists which just don't come to my mind right now too. I like the  "Warrior on the Edge of Time" t-shirt a lot because anatomy fills in the right parts for the landscape on that one. :)I should mention that I have this on my t-shirt:

Any chances of a picture of you wearing it?

Posted By: Morakthesage
Date Posted: June 04 2009 at 19:46
I always get a kick when I go up to my high-school classmates with Floyd T-shirts on and say "So, you like Pink Floyd too?" and they respond "Yeah, he's cool." Wacko I have a Floyd shirt, two Beatles shirts, and a Yes shirt. Really ought to get more.

Date Posted: June 04 2009 at 20:00
My "GonG BonG" T-Shirt is currently being shipped from the UK! I love Daevid Allen's drawings!

-------------

Date Posted: June 04 2009 at 20:24
Originally posted by Morakthesage Morakthesage wrote:

I always get a kick when I go up to my high-school classmates with Floyd T-shirts on and say "So, you like Pink Floyd too?" and they respond "Yeah, he's cool." Wacko I have a Floyd shirt, two Beatles shirts, and a Yes shirt. Really ought to get more.

I was able to get into the King Crimson Discipline concert when I was still in high school.  I wore it one day and a substitute thought is was some kind of satanist sh*t.  LOL
I don't recall any of my "peers" knowing who the hell King Crimson was.  Still have the shirt but I've retired it for a fresh one that isn't an exact duplicate from DMG. Big smile

Posted By: jammun
Date Posted: June 04 2009 at 21:04
Bah, t-shirts.  You haven't lived until you've been out wearing a Wakeman-esque cape with the Yes logo!

-------------
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.

Date Posted: June 04 2009 at 21:30
Originally posted by jammun jammun wrote:

Bah, t-shirts.  You haven't lived until you've been out wearing a Wakeman-esque cape with the Yes logo!

Yeah, have you ever tried to buy one of those though? Wink

Posted By: Dim
Date Posted: June 04 2009 at 21:46
I have a...
Yes, The who, (multiple) Pink Floyd, Pelican, Isis, and Mouth of the architect shirt.

-------------

Posted By: jammun
Date Posted: June 04 2009 at 21:48

Originally posted by jammun jammun wrote:

Yeah, have you ever tried to buy one of those though? Wink

In the early 70's it was possible to buy a cape, albeit more the Sherlock Holmes style, and then easy work to apply an iron-on Yes logo.  Not that I'd know...

-------------
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.

Posted By: el dingo
Date Posted: June 05 2009 at 02:55
Originally posted by Dim Dim wrote:

I have a...
Yes, The who, (multiple) Pink Floyd, Pelican, Isis, and Mouth of the architect shirt.

That B&W Who shirt with "maximum R&B" on it is a classic - you sometimes see kids wearing them round here who buy it for the image, not the musical connection.

For some reason I've kept some of my seventies ones - LedZep, Who, Hawkwind - but not others.

For anyone interested there's an on-line store called Electric Circus with a limited but sound range of Prog T's for sale @ £10 a time - a quick spin showed Yes, GG, KC, Tull, Genesis, and quite a few others.

El Dingo's disclaimer: Dunno anything about the site 'cept they've got a shop in the UK, but they've got quite a cool collection.

-------------
It's not that I can't find worth in anything, it's just that I can't find worth in enough.

Posted By: Moogtron III
Date Posted: June 05 2009 at 04:05
I only have a black T-shirt with the cover of Nursery Cryme, which I like a lot.

Date Posted: June 06 2009 at 17:12
Wow, what I saw on Facebook today made me look twice to make sure it was what it was...

On the side, I saw this advertisement:

http://www.facebook.com/ae.php?i=AAAAAQAQXx3FCriP3XDOvbPXx_4jzAAAAwGlEKRQ1w9iua2MOaSKaGgBKvWvAYWL_ivcdNF5piiCN1IHJ0mD5KvL4Dfrls-ufogpSyFRvTS_n7rtsfHP36MxsbGf-mVgaOB6EMJVTIiT5PHJkshWyG7VBFHWT2_gWvqMbbGuEo9P0hganaE8m-7dAwjDObG5wlO-DCNi52Gq5urZaM96ue7qqRlSFR1zKKanxl5tgM162yBuSHQuoHj77vzSkGlFzqhoSIToEiSr9zvashBn-M4bk-shZ_aSRNEBE4KZw4VS7AMIwzmxucJTtGn6b6g6bKlQGPYWR9BPaLW_yeezpoRQCwgWnXmNmFamJLtMb29ybeSOyMsDV3QVW5txQYxfK0k5BjwC7PzMWd9JIChkqZ4MSHHmRHnoWPK_bqZ82PWBRhX5Z0XsMUAxhFoWalX9deVfDxPiy-iNXgGtLNO2t3CHft4dSAW-v8wVy7uRhQ_eLS8DfdRHYbcx7oYaJ5ZB8RB5yFxMZft7XuD3t9FKx7rDY8khpCyEk0kDSOId40U_ZkYDHr-m0-EFAxIk3XpmtUqMMT5hP6V1PZWKJ-8qsc8lXebCR1LGC6en3tlaCZS4CLM3-8W8DfFWopY4bvBIS3o_ontKXNh0TsnSCSqlw_hfgy727l_IAuKap5MtFk8ZjPv8NcEfngxKW7SuOzH8P2Qg4azQxkNbDh3pi-o-cpWSnH1ZuWEJ82Qgcl_iX4ChxcdgeSi9ptZCE-jf886_bXIospce43608ydzaq1QvPGSeH1zgazpzWjoATbUjX800tCDfuaLvYHPjU67hJpxB5JIX5FTpfV2EMDBmDXY0JyoXS1ReS8Z_5-FUt9nl90IEPbDm2SkgjhDj2YoVwAVrA-FUt9nl90IEHv4ytbpmg6WpwppxK68WKdIh1UqsY-Zy-Xf-Ym6vMwU0JLuvnKfB4eph13CjFA89DH_5rRc00XFmEASwxSXeNHi4X6H2gz4ycMmEOKr-21it4u-udh9B-OmFhii9Pto3ho8fFV_NI768gkQPDQRATzForkbCs6CTA%2C%2C&f=0&en=clk&r=1 -
-
- "Yes fan? Chris Squire's triple-neck bass is the centerpiece of the new Instrumental Oddities T-shirt at ScatterbrainTees.com. Yes!"

Which also contained a sketch of this bass.

I clicked the link, and it brought me to this website!

http://www.scatterbraintees.com/instrumentsodd_tshirt.html - http://www.scatterbraintees.com/instrumentsodd_tshirt.html

I think this is pretty neat! Cool stuff! (Facebook is good for something other that procrastinating!)

http://www.facebook.com/ae.php?i=AAAAAQAQXx3FCriP3XDOvbPXx_4jzAAAAwGlEKRQ1w9iua2MOaSKaGgBKvWvAYWL_ivcdNF5piiCN1IHJ0mD5KvL4Dfrls-ufogpSyFRvTS_n7rtsfHP36MxsbGf-mVgaOB6EMJVTIiT5PHJkshWyG7VBFHWT2_gWvqMbbGuEo9P0hganaE8m-7dAwjDObG5wlO-DCNi52Gq5urZaM96ue7qqRlSFR1zKKanxl5tgM162yBuSHQuoHj77vzSkGlFzqhoSIToEiSr9zvashBn-M4bk-shZ_aSRNEBE4KZw4VS7AMIwzmxucJTtGn6b6g6bKlQGPYWR9BPaLW_yeezpoRQCwgWnXmNmFamJLtMb29ybeSOyMsDV3QVW5txQYxfK0k5BjwC7PzMWd9JIChkqZ4MSHHmRHnoWPK_bqZ82PWBRhX5Z0XsMUAxhFoWalX9deVfDxPiy-iNXgGtLNO2t3CHft4dSAW-v8wVy7uRhQ_eLS8DfdRHYbcx7oYaJ5ZB8RB5yFxMZft7XuD3t9FKx7rDY8khpCyEk0kDSOId40U_ZkYDHr-m0-EFAxIk3XpmtUqMMT5hP6V1PZWKJ-8qsc8lXebCR1LGC6en3tlaCZS4CLM3-8W8DfFWopY4bvBIS3o_ontKXNh0TsnSCSqlw_hfgy727l_IAuKap5MtFk8ZjPv8NcEfngxKW7SuOzH8P2Qg4azQxkNbDh3pi-o-cpWSnH1ZuWEJ82Qgcl_iX4ChxcdgeSi9ptZCE-jf886_bXIospce43608ydzaq1QvPGSeH1zgazpzWjoATbUjX800tCDfuaLvYHPjU67hJpxB5JIX5FTpfV2EMDBmDXY0JyoXS1ReS8Z_5-FUt9nl90IEPbDm2SkgjhDj2YoVwAVrA-FUt9nl90IEHv4ytbpmg6WpwppxK68WKdIh1UqsY-Zy-Xf-Ym6vMwU0JLuvnKfB4eph13CjFA89DH_5rRc00XFmEASwxSXeNHi4X6H2gz4ycMmEOKr-21it4u-udh9B-OmFhii9Pto3ho8fFV_NI768gkQPDQRATzForkbCs6CTA%2C%2C&f=0&en=clk&r=1 -
-
-

-------------

Posted By: A Person
Date Posted: June 06 2009 at 17:57
I get lots of DSotM t shirts from my relatives, so I wear those almost constantly. If I ever have enough extra money laying around I will try to get shirts from as many bands as possible.

Actually, I'm wearing a PF t shirt right now.

Posted By: AmericanProgster
Date Posted: June 06 2009 at 18:21
Let's see...

Three Iron Butterfly shirts, 6 or 7 Pink Floyd shirts (my favorite being a tye-dye with the front cover of the Division Bell on the front and logo on back), 2 Led Zep, 4 Hendrix, 1 ANGEL (yes people they were prog!), and I can't think seem to think anymore so I'll just leave!

Oh, by the way, you can now buy Nektar shirts at their website: http://www.nektarsmusic.com - www.nektarsmusic.com !

-------------
https://dawnapproach.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - https://dawnapproach.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/dawn-approach" rel="nofollow - https://soundcloud.com/dawn-approach

Date Posted: June 06 2009 at 21:12
Originally posted by AmericanProgster AmericanProgster wrote:

Oh, by the way, you can now buy Nektar shirts at their website: http://www.nektarsmusic.com - www.nektarsmusic.com !

I've got too damn many prog t-shirts, I so did not need to know that. LOL

-------------

Posted By: martinprog77
Date Posted: June 07 2009 at 05:48

-------------
Nothing can last
there are no second chances.
Never give a day away.
Always live for today.

Posted By: progkidjoel
Date Posted: June 07 2009 at 06:08
Originally posted by martinprog77 martinprog77 wrote:

I want one!

I don't have any prog clothing... At all

-------------

Posted By: rpe9p
Date Posted: June 07 2009 at 11:09
Originally posted by zachfive zachfive wrote:

Am currently getting some VDGG shirts from this site. http://www.collectorware.com.ar/vdgg_hammill.htm

Can you or anyone else vouch for the legitimacy of that site?  It seems they just have an email address to communicate with someone and work it out over paypal.  Also, what are their prices like?

Date Posted: June 07 2009 at 17:07
Who recognizes any of the instruments on this T-Shirt?

I'm going to order this one soon...its so damn cool...

-------------

Posted By: Anaon
Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 04:46
I always wear my Tales From Topographic Oceans t-shirt with my Mars Volta belt and my Marillion bag, I can't be more proggy LOL

I often wear my In The Court Of The Crimson King t-shirt at gigs as well, or Goblin, Mars Volta, Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, Rush, t-shirts, my fav ones! Tongue

-------------
My music: http://spleenarcana.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - http://spleenarcana.bandcamp.com/
My blog: http://groovesandmemories.com/" rel="nofollow - http://groovesandmemories.com/

Posted By: A Person
Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 09:46

Who recognizes any of the instruments on this T-Shirt?

I'm going to order this one soon...its so damn cool...

I see a Shulberry on there. Smile

Posted By: AmericanProgster
Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 15:16
Isn't that the instrument the Shulman bros. created?

-------------
https://dawnapproach.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - https://dawnapproach.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/dawn-approach" rel="nofollow - https://soundcloud.com/dawn-approach

Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 15:18
Why yes, it is!

Apparently it was created specifically for the song "Playing the Game" from TPatG album...

-------------

Posted By: topofsm
Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 17:04
Originally posted by martinprog77 martinprog77 wrote:

I really like that song

-------------

Date Posted: June 09 2009 at 18:56

Why yes, it is!

Apparently it was created specifically for the song "Playing the Game" from TPatG album...

Yeah, that's a great song.  Actually got to see them doing it live on their last tour.  I think it was something like their fourth or fifth to last show. Cool

-------------

Date Posted: June 20 2009 at 19:51
Well I took the advice, and decided to make my own shirts. It turned out to be quite cheap, and they turned out nice.

I bought 24 sheets of iron-on paper for roughly $19.99, and two t-shirts from Old Navy $6 each.
Here is what I did with them (more t's to come!)

COOL BEANS!

P.S. that is my brother (who loathes prog, simply because I love it) giving the thumbs down.

-------------

Posted By: martinprog77
Date Posted: June 21 2009 at 03:35
really cool man ClapClap i like the   Quella Vecchia Locanda  t shirt .really good .now if you have a red t shirt  made one with the "Discipline logo and a green one with close to the edge and the list can  go on and on on and on........

-------------
Nothing can last
there are no second chances.
Never give a day away.
Always live for today.

Date Posted: June 21 2009 at 21:26
I tried to print shirts that I was pretty sure I won't be able to order online (within my lifetime)

I like them both. the motW is more summery, and the QVL is more serious looking, but still damn cool!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk