Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 10:34
Settle the neverending debate!

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/g0rd0nb0mbay/?chartstyle=basicrt10">

Replies:
Posted By: moreitsythanyou
Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 11:20
From the list, South Park.

But being honest and going with other - THE BOONDOCKS.

-------------
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 12:07
From your poll choices I pick The Simpsons,even though I think the later seasons aren't on the level as earlier ones.

My favorite cartoons are anything Looney Tunes.They are hilarious,classic and timeless.

-------------

Posted By: PhuncleSam
Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 13:06
South Park is more my kind of comedy. 

-------------
Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

Posted By: zappaholic
Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 20:03
Even though South Park is showing its age, and isn't as consistently good as it used to be, Trey & Matt still manage to knock several episodes out of the park each season.  It's still some of the best satire anywhere.

-------------
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken

Posted By: manofmystery
Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 20:35
seasons 3 through 8 of The Simpsons were the greatest television has ever had to offer

-------------

Time always wins.

Posted By: JLocke
Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 20:36
No love for Family Guy? I see how it is. Guess it's up to me to be the first to vote in MacFarlane's favor.

Posted By: SaltyJon
Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 20:58
No love for Futurama?  Geez...ah well, at least I know it's the best show ever. Smile

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Salty_Jon" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Stooge
Date Posted: July 22 2009 at 21:44
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

seasons 3 through 8 of The Simpsons were the greatest television has ever had to offer

Definitely among the greatest, which is why I also chose The Simpsons.

Posted By: Kazuhiro
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 01:56
I voted on The Simpsons.
It is known acceptable also in Japan where I live.

Posted By: camilleanne
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 02:00
I picked south park..It's one of my favorite.Smile

-------------
The planet is fine the people are f**ked.
-George Carlin-

Posted By: Lodij van der Graaf
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 02:31
The Simpsons!

-------------
Grace is a name,
like Chastity,
like Lucifer,
like mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: progkidjoel
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 02:32

-------------

Posted By: The Pessimist
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 11:28
South Park. Simply untouchable. Their mockery of the political systems, celebrities, rednecks, racism... It's all just perfect. And their little satire of Kanye West in the Fishsticks episode had me in tears also.

-------------
"Market value is irrelevant to intrinsic value."

Arnold Schoenberg

Posted By: Anirml
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 12:11
South Park!

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 12:14
South Park by a mile.

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 12:16
Not a single one listed there I don't like.  I went with other for Aqua Teen Hunger Force. 

http://www.starpulse.com/Television/Aqua_Teen_Hunger_Force/gallery/AQUATEENCTV03/">Aqua-Teen-cn03.jpg http://www.starpulse.com/Television/Aqua_Teen_Hunger_Force/gallery/AQUATEENCTV04/">Aqua-Teen-cn04.jpg

Also like Robot Chicken, though not technically a cartoon, I guess? 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Robot_chicken_logo.jpg">
The Boondocks rocks!!!
http://www.c-eb.com/students/keaton/boondocksFreemans500.jpg

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 12:43

Agreed 100%

Honestly Family Guy is my favorite at the moment.
The simpsons are classic, but honestly...just not the same as it was.
South Park was brilliant but same thing....maybe now 1 our of every 3 episodes I enjoyed.

Also, I NEVER used to even watch King of the Hill but it's been growing on me more every day.
It is hilarious and some of the best quotes I've heard!

Also, Futurama is still AMAZING. Heard they're making new episodes, actual episodes too not just the movies broken up into 4.

Posted By: crimhead
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 17:23
South Park is my fav at the moment but all time would fall to the old WB cartoons.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 17:41
I dunno guys... I'm really digging season 13 at the moment Season 12 was amazing also. Breast Cancer Show Ever actually had me in hysterics for the most part.

-------------

Arnold Schoenberg

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 18:30
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Agreed 100%

South Park was brilliant but same thing....maybe now 1 our of every 3 episodes I enjoyed.

Also, I NEVER used to even watch King of the Hill but it's been growing on me more every day.

Also, Futurama is still AMAZING. Heard they're making new episodes, actual episodes too not just the movies broken up into 4.

Yes, Family Guy is the new Simpsons in my honest opinion. Hell, they've even rehashed some of the old Simpsons gags and done it better! What does that say?? LOL

"Simple, Lois. Christians don't believe in gravity." Clap

And South Park I also agree with you on. It used to be sooo funny, but now it's just offensive and/or stupid. Used to be a brilliant mixture of all three elements, but no longer.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 19:23
South Park isn't what it used to be. Season 5 was probably its pinnacle for me. But I still love a lot of the new stuff. You are right though in some ways Micah.

-------------

Arnold Schoenberg

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 19:33
Originally posted by The Pessimist The Pessimist wrote:

South Park isn't what it used to be. Season 5 was probably its pinnacle for me. But I still love a lot of the new stuff. You are right though in some ways Micah.

Well, it's just . . . for me, I have no problem with humor that offends. In fact, I welcome it. However, if a joke you tell is only funny to you, and no humor comes through at all, you are left standing there with egg on your face looking like an ass because not only did your joke fail, but you used offensive means to get there, and nobody laughed. See what I'm saying?

Of course, South Park still has its great moments, but the big laughs are happening less and less with me as I watch recent seasons. Perhaps it's just me, and I'm simply burnt out with their style, but honestly I think it's just because they have run out of ideas for the most part.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 19:35
Originally posted by p0mt3 p0mt3 wrote:

Agreed 100%

Yes, Family Guy is the new Simpsons in my honest opinion. Hell, they've even rehashed some of the old Simpsons gags and done it better! What does that say?? LOL

And South Park I also agree with you on. It used to be sooo funny, but now it's just offensive and/or stupid. Used to be a brilliant mixture of all three elements, but no longer.

don't compare classic Simpsons to Family Guy please, it sickens me
Family Guy was just fine till FOX brought it back and their writers (the manatees) decided they had license to be not only be smug but lazy; making cheap one line political shots, driving characters weren't that solid to begin with into the ground through overuse (Mort, the old pervert), and insulting their viewers by filling time they obviously don't know how to fill with the two guys playing old timey piano that everyone hate and other such recurring nonsense.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 19:45

Agreed 100%

don't compare classic Simpsons to Family Guy please, it sickens me
Family Guy was just fine till FOX brought it back and their writers (the manatees) decided they had license to be not only be smug but lazy; making cheap one line political shots, driving characters weren't that solid to begin with into the ground through overuse (Mort, the old pervert), and insulting their viewers by filling time they obviously don't know how to fill with the two guys playing old timey piano that everyone hate and other such recurring nonsense.

Then, I'm afraid you're just going to have be sick.

Family Guy is as good now as The Simpsons was back in the day. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! Tongue

However, that manatee episode is a perfect example of great modern South Park. That was a great episode!

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 19:47
EDIT: Although, I will grant you that for the first coupe of seasons after Family Guy's return to television, they took a little while to get back to their old quality. But the most recent season had me in stitches just like the old Family Guy days.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 21:04
Seriously, ANY love for King of the Hill?
I used to think it was a dumb redneck show until I started watching.
It is HILARIOUS

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 22:26

Definitely a fan here.  These days, I like it much more than Family Guy.  I think it is more like a sitcom than most other cartoons, and maybe the fact that the Hill family is normal compared to the Simpsons, Griffins, or other cartoon families turns people away.  I find it refreshing.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 22:31

It is HILARIOUS

Dangit, Bobby!

Posted By: clarke2001
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 22:33
I never heard of "American Dad" and "King Of The Hill...but all the others are great!!! It's difficult to pick one...perhaps I'm slightly, slightly inclining towards Futurama, simply because I'm a huge SF fan and get all the sublime jokes and references...

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 22:35
Originally posted by clarke2001 clarke2001 wrote:

I never heard of "American Dad" and "King Of The Hill...

You're not missing anything. Tongue

Posted By: Any Colour You Like
Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 22:51
I grew up with Simpsons, as I'm sure many around my age would have. I still enjoy them today, even though the classic seasons have passed into channel re-runs. Never been big on Family Guy, and I've got into South Park over the last few years. Never really cared for the others.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 23:40

It is HILARIOUS

King of the Hill is a great cartoon that has managed not to drop off in quality after all the years it has been on.  They've managed to keep the show funny for years and years without resorting completely changing character continuity (ahem, Simpsons writers), forcibly adding guest stars as themselves (ahem, Simpsons writers), destroying he shows entire timeline (ahem, Simpsons writers), etc, etc
Let me rant for a second about a couple absolutely stupifying Simpsons writing problems:
- They recently decided to destroy the entire history of the show for the benefit (in their eyes at least) of one episode by creating some completely bullsh*t story about Homer inventing grunge music while Marge went to college.  Now, you may say this is just a cartoon but I don't think its beyond reason to want the people responsible for this episode, and most recent episodes, to have their fingernails and toenails slowly pulled out.  You don't have to change the damn timeline of Homer and Marge, it's an animated program, the time in which the stories are occuring is not important.  Back when this show was great they didn't feel the need to try and make it cutting edge and current, for christs sake, it was about the damn jokes then.  But then back then they had writers.
- Torture would be getting off too easy for whomever it is that plugs the sickening play-on-name jokes they've been plugging into the show for the last several years.  "Britney Beers" and "Rosa Barks", what the fAngryck is that!

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: July 23 2009 at 23:45
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Definitely a fan here.  These days, I like it much more than Family Guy.  I think it is more like a sitcom than most other cartoons, and maybe the fact that the Hill family is normal compared to the Simpsons, Griffins, or other cartoon families turns people away.  I find it refreshing.

LOL Refreshing? Never thought of that, but I see what you're saying.
Maybe that's it...it is different feeling from The Simpsons/Family/American Dad (all the same show after all) and different from South Park which has just gotten old and stale...not to mention still uses the whole dysfunctional life thing,

And it's just flat out hilarious. Hank Hill is such a great character. Glad to see some respect for it here.
I rank it 3rd behind Family Guy and Futurama myself.

Anyway, I dont really hate on the Simpsons. What the show is now is pretty sad...but I can not blame them. It is as old as I am! How can you keep it going for so long and still be funny/not lose it's appeal.
It also happened with South Park and as you said King of the Hill survived through 10 years, but they're getting the plug...

Posted By: g0rd0nb0mbay
Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 10:03

American Dad is great! Its like family guy......but with a plot.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/g0rd0nb0mbay/?chartstyle=basicrt10">

Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 10:20

Well, it's just . . . for me, I have no problem with humor that offends. In fact, I welcome it. However, if a joke you tell is only funny to you, and no humor comes through at all, you are left standing there with egg on your face looking like an ass because not only did your joke fail, but you used offensive means to get there, and nobody laughed. See what I'm saying?

Of course, South Park still has its great moments, but the big laughs are happening less and less with me as I watch recent seasons. Perhaps it's just me, and I'm simply burnt out with their style, but honestly I think it's just because they have run out of ideas for the most part.

Yeah. I think one of the biggest laughs ever for me came from the Proper Condom Use episode. Ye know, the "horrific" moment with Miss Choksondik and Mackie... Oh man, that took funny and shocking to both extremes Man I miss those days... They were awesome...

-------------

Arnold Schoenberg

Posted By: Noak
Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 10:38
Futurama, greatest cartoon of all time.

Posted By: Vibrationbaby
Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 14:05
BUGS BUNNY

-------------

Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 14:18
Originally posted by g0rd0nb0mbay g0rd0nb0mbay wrote:

American Dad is great! Its like family guy......but with a plot.

. . . Which is why I personally don't like it.

Posted By: akamaisondufromage
Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 14:21
This was soooo difficult.  I love Simpsons and South Park and Family Guy and BUGS BUNNY ^^^ LOL and DAFFY and Ren and Stimpy and Cow and Chicken and well lotsClap

i went for Simpsons cos ofyears of  consistency and cos its revolutionary and thought provoking.

-------------
Help me I'm falling!

Posted By: Abstrakt
Date Posted: July 24 2009 at 14:24
Simpsons are more well-written and  classic, but i like Family Guy's humor better WackoLOL

Date Posted: July 25 2009 at 18:29
I'm watching some Simpsons on DVD for the first time in around 3-4 months (too long for me).  I watched "You Only Move Twice" (Hank Scorpio episode) and "The Homer They Fall" (Homer vs Dreaderick Tatum).  Untouchable, in my opinion.

Posted By: mrcozdude
Date Posted: July 25 2009 at 21:58
South Park for me but quite a long shot.I seem to laugh at family guy more during an episode,but a south park is far more pleasing.See Pessimists summary for details.

South Park. Simply untouchable. Their mockery of the political systems, celebrities, rednecks, racism... It's all just perfect. 

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/cozfunkel/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 25 2009 at 22:35
Originally posted by mrcozdude mrcozdude wrote:

South Park for me but quite a long shot.I seem to laugh at family guy more during an episode,but a south park is far more pleasing.See Pessimists summary for details.

South Park. Simply untouchable. Their mockery of the political systems, celebrities, rednecks, racism... It's all just perfect. 

So, you laugh more at Family Guy, but because you think you ought to like South PArk more, that's the one you vote on? Confused

Posted By: mrcozdude
Date Posted: July 25 2009 at 22:44
I'm not sure where you go that from? Though to be fair my reason was vague. Family guy has jokes every couple of seconds,so it's bound to have more laughs although I sometimes find it an annoyance to expect a "you remember that time...." joke every second.South Park is generally more clever with political & social commentary and of course our favourite.....toilet humour,When the jokes work on south park there far funnier,it's just there's less of them.But a single episode is far more rewarding then Family Guy for me.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/cozfunkel/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 25 2009 at 22:45
Originally posted by mrcozdude mrcozdude wrote:

I'm not sure where you go that from? Though to be fair my reason was vague. Family guy has jokes every couple of seconds,so it's bound to have more laughs although I sometimes find it an annoyance to expect a "you remember that time...." joke every second.South Park is generally more clever with political & social commentary and of course our favourite.....toilet humour,When the jokes work on south park there far funnier,it's just there's less of them.But a single episode is far more rewarding then Family Guy for me.

Thank you for clarifying. Wink

Posted By: TheCaptain
Date Posted: July 26 2009 at 12:54
Family Guy is low brow humor mixed with wastes of time and some of the most blatant political agenda that sickens me. It used to be fine when the low brow jokes were new but I haven't laughed once in the last season. There may have been a time when I would have voted for it but that will never happen now or in the future.
I have only seen a couple episodes of King Of The Hill and American Dad. I remember very little other than I was underwhelmed by both.
I don't value excellent satire as highly as laugh-out-loud moments so South Park doesn't get my vote.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force is always good for a few laughs and they had Neil Peart in their movie so that's good for some bonus points.
So I guess that leaves The Simpsons. They've had plenty of classics and I still enjoy watching the new episodes. The Simpsons is like an old friend that has served me well in the past for long enough and I will most alwa---ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

-------------
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.

Date Posted: July 26 2009 at 15:28
Originally posted by TheCaptain TheCaptain wrote:

Family Guy is low brow humor mixed with wastes of time and some of the most blatant political agenda that sickens me. It used to be fine when the low brow jokes were new but I haven't laughed once in the last season. There may have been a time when I would have voted for it but that will never happen now or in the future.
I have only seen a couple episodes of King Of The Hill and American Dad. I remember very little other than I was underwhelmed by both.
I don't value excellent satire as highly as laugh-out-loud moments so South Park doesn't get my vote.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force is always good for a few laughs and they had Neil Peart in their movie so that's good for some bonus points.
So I guess that leaves The Simpsons. They've had plenty of classics and I still enjoy watching the new episodes. The Simpsons is like an old friend that has served me well in the past for long enough and I will most alwa---ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

Yes, because Bitey of Brackenwood is just so much more sophisticated. LOL (your avatar)

Posted By: Icarium
Date Posted: July 26 2009 at 17:56
http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7926247568/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/30/17138_SpongeBob_19.jpg

I voted for Simpsons becouse the other series wouldnt be made if it wassnt for Simpsons to make the path for Satirical cartoons

but i miss Beavis and Butthead in this poll

but as childish i often is im most admit that im a big Sponge Bob fan as well Big smile

Posted By: LandofLein
Date Posted: July 26 2009 at 20:48
Peter Griffin is just a cheap copy of Homer Simpson with none of his redeeming qualities

Simpsons for me

Date Posted: July 26 2009 at 21:03
Originally posted by LandofLein LandofLein wrote:

Peter Griffin is just a cheap copy of Homer Simpson with none of his redeeming qualities

Simpsons for me

I just got a perplexing case of deja vu Confused Had you posted this before?

Posted By: moreitsythanyou
Date Posted: July 26 2009 at 21:17
Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7926247568/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/03/30/17138_SpongeBob_19.jpg

but as childish i often is im most admit that im a big Sponge Bob fan as well Big smile

Spongebob is also better than all of these choices. As far as serious quality television comedy goes, Spongebob is seriously underrated.

-------------
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

Posted By: SaltyJon
Date Posted: July 26 2009 at 23:21

HE COMMANDS YOU

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Salty_Jon" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: progvortex
Date Posted: July 28 2009 at 13:16
Family Guy!

Posted By: The Truth
Date Posted: August 03 2009 at 17:03
Originally posted by moreitsythanyou moreitsythanyou wrote:

Spongebob is also better than all of these choices. As far as serious quality television comedy goes, Spongebob is seriously underrated.
Spongebob made this world what it is today, wait... Ermm

-------------
http://blindpoetrecords.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: MFP
Date Posted: August 03 2009 at 17:33

I'm watching some Simpsons on DVD for the first time in around 3-4 months (too long for me).  I watched "You Only Move Twice" (Hank Scorpio episode) and "The Homer They Fall" (Homer vs Dreaderick Tatum).  Untouchable, in my opinion.

Clap

Great episode!

Posted By: Wolf Spider
Date Posted: August 04 2009 at 15:56
Family Guy for me. I like the absurd humour, they have absolutely no respect for no one. I can only imagine what this show would look like without the network restrictions. South Park is good but sometimes they are trying to be too educative and lose the humour. I don't like The Simpsons their sense of humour is just not my cup of tea

-------------
http://www.lastfm.pl/user/tomash33 - Last.fm

Posted By: Johnny_Tsunami
Date Posted: August 04 2009 at 16:14
If I were to choose from that list, it would be tough.  All of them are pretty good (except American Dad), but I'd say it's a tie between Family Guy, The Simpsons and South Park; too hard to choose one!  That's exactly why none of those shows are my favorites. 

I personally LOVE Home Movies on Adult Swim!  I'm becoming more tired of joke-based comedy and have started really appreciating conversational and improvisational comedy.  Home Movies is great at that, they have a rough script to refer to, but the voice actors are all just genuinely funny and don't need to rely on the writers to make the show hilarious.  Plus H. Jon Benjamin and Brendon Small have some of the funniest voices of all time!

-------------
I likes musics

Posted By: A Person
Date Posted: August 04 2009 at 16:41

I voted for Simpsons becouse the other series wouldnt be made if it wassnt for Simpsons to make the path for Satirical cartoons

but i miss Beavis and Butthead in this poll

I watch Spongebob more than any of the other options, and am more amused by it even, but some of the new episodes aren't up to par. I voted for Futurama anyway.

Posted By: cacha71
Date Posted: August 05 2009 at 14:07
Dexter's Laborotory!  The earlier Simpsons are pretty good, as is Iznogoud

-------------
http://www.last.fm/group/Progressive+Folk

Date Posted: August 05 2009 at 15:23
Originally posted by cacha71 cacha71 wrote:

I used to love Dexter's Lab.  I recall at one point Dexter's voice changed for the worst (different voice actor) and I lost interest in the show. 

Posted By: LandofLein
Date Posted: August 06 2009 at 23:43

Originally posted by LandofLein LandofLein wrote:

Simpsons for me

I just got a perplexing case of deja vu Confused Had you posted this before?

I dunno, but I did fall on my head a while back

Date Posted: August 07 2009 at 00:08

Originally posted by cacha71 cacha71 wrote:

I used to love Dexter's Lab.  I recall at one point Dexter's voice changed for the worst (different voice actor) and I lost interest in the show. 

The animators and writers also changed. What a mistake that was (the show only lasted for a season after that)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk