Print Page | Close Window

Chroma Key

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
Forum Description: Discuss specific prog bands and their members or a specific sub-genre
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64532
Printed Date: March 18 2024 at 21:51
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Chroma Key
Posted By: Catcher10
Subject: Chroma Key
Date Posted: January 22 2010 at 15:04
Looking for feedback on Kevin Moore's project Chroma Key.......Who has heard them and your thoughts please.

Thanks in advance

Replies:
Posted By: progkidjoel
Date Posted: January 22 2010 at 15:09
I got his album Graveyard Mountain Home two days ago, absolutely wonderful stuff. A lot of it has a Peter Gabriel vibe to it because of the xylophone rhtyhms, but its all fantastic. If I could find the first two albums for a decent price I'd buy them right now.

Here's a few tracks to try out:

If you like those, you'll like most of his stuff I think.

-------------

Date Posted: January 22 2010 at 15:20
Thanks I am looking for more stuff now. I got the mini LP single Colorblind off Microsoft, 3 singles.......I like it pretty good. yes very much like Gabriel and some hints of PT.

Thanks

Posted By: jampa17
Date Posted: January 22 2010 at 15:29
Well... I have his first three albums as The Chroma Key and is one of my favorites bands... intense and depressive at the same time... the music is very dark and the lyrics are quite tricky...

The first album is oriented more to the piano with only an ambience orientation as a surrounding... the next two albums became more ambience and less piano, but in GMH he incorporate more instrumentals, like acoustic guitars, xilophones and lead electric guitars... I'm about to download the other album from him: "This is a Recording"... interesting that he uses help of the Fates Warning fellas for first two Chroma Key... and non of them are Jim Matheos...

One of my favorite songwriters... in summary...

-------------
Change the program inside... Stay in silence is a crime.

Date Posted: January 22 2010 at 15:56
The bio on Zune Marketplace says he has relocated to Costa Rica....Que bueno!!

Posted By: progkidjoel
Date Posted: January 22 2010 at 16:00
He moves around quite a bit. After leaving DT, he moved to Mexico, and he recorded Graveyard Mountain Home in Turkey

-------------

Date Posted: January 22 2010 at 16:23
He goes to New Mexico, that's the US, then to Costa Rica, then to Estambul, then to Canada for the second album of OSI and now he's living again in turkey if I recall accurate... He "married" or at least have children with a costa rican girl... can't blame him... costarricans are highly hot...

-------------

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: January 22 2010 at 22:25
Even though the songs were nice, I didn't find them terribly outstanding, and they don't make me feel the urge to go buy the albums, I wonder if the OSI project was better. This songs somewhat reminded me of Rick Wright (specially Broken China), though I liked Wrights solo work better. I would have liked better to hear something similar to Wait for Sleep or Space Dye Vest. Ofcourse, it's just 3 songs at first listen.

Date Posted: January 23 2010 at 11:28
@Dellinger... listen to Dead Air for Radios... there's the real deal of Kevin Moore... If you can digest that you will be curious in the rest of his material...

-------------

Date Posted: January 23 2010 at 16:05
Originally posted by jampa17 jampa17 wrote:

... costarricans are highly hot...

Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

Eso si que es! (S-O-C-K-S......If you can spell socks, u too can speak spanish...)

Posted By: aapatsos
Date Posted: January 24 2010 at 17:09
I have Dead Air for Radios, and don't get me wrong, it is probably the most boring album in my collection.

Although there are a few nice melodies here and there, the album is dead-slow (fair enough if you want to make an atmospheric record) and the compositions uninteresting

but that is just me I guess... need to listen to his other stuff as well

Posted By: Kashmir75
Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 02:11
I have heard Moore's work with OSI and liked it, I ought to check out Chroma Key. Is it in a similar vein to that? 

-------------
Hello, mirror. So glad to see you, my friend. It's been a while...

Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 07:58
Originally posted by Kashmir75 Kashmir75 wrote:

I have heard Moore's work with OSI and liked it, I ought to check out Chroma Key. Is it in a similar vein to that? 

Well, take O.S.I. and take out the heavy riffing... it's similar to the most slow and soft songs from O.S.I. like the songs "Go" or "We Come Undone"... a little similar... but way more ambience and slow pace... you should dive in...

-------------

Posted By: O666
Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 11:59
I think Chroma Key is more Personal than O.S.I for Kevin. You can feel it. I think O.S.I is very better than Chroma Key  but if you want to know Kevin and undrestand him You must listen Chroma Key. Chroma Key's albums is Kevin's solo albums and O.S.I is a real project .

Posted By: Pelata
Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 13:40
Amazing stuff, IMO. Imagine a less Metal version of OSI...dark, moody...great playing.

I wish their first 2 CDs would be remastered/reissued...

Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 14:26
^ I think that the raw sound of the first album fits better with the ambient of "old radio" stuff... so I'm glad about that particular sound... but with You Go Now yes, it's more "lunatic" or "space" so it would be better to have a depth sound on it... yes...

-------------

Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 15:01

^ I think that the raw sound of the first album fits better with the ambient of "old radio" stuff... so I'm glad about that particular sound

That album does have a special, unique feel....it's my fave of the lot.

Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 15:21
Yes... I mean... I always find myself very excited about that album... even in a depressive dark way... I mean... Hell Mary is impressive, unique and it has no music on it... but it's just perfect and leave you wondering about the topic, a description of the end of days... just amazing...

-------------

Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 15:27
"Color Blind" has always sent shivers down my spine...

Date Posted: January 25 2010 at 21:16

Originally posted by Kashmir75 Kashmir75 wrote:

Well, take O.S.I. and take out the heavy riffing... it's similar to the most slow and soft songs from O.S.I. like the songs "Go" or "We Come Undone"... a little similar... but way more ambience and slow pace... you should dive in...

Well, perhaps I should try finding some OSI songs, I might get into it more easily.

Date Posted: January 26 2010 at 08:58
Yes man... you should try O.S.I. is not as complex as DT but is very heavy and has the ambience trademark from Kevin Moore... check it out man... is one of my fav. bands right now...

-------------

Date Posted: January 26 2010 at 21:48
Now, this sounds promising. DT's complex parts may be cool, but can also get a bit tedious, and even though I'm not sure whom I prefer with DT between Moore and Rudess (I think Rudess fits the band better), I certainly miss Moore's melodies and ambience.
     Damn, you just added a few albums to my list of To-Get albums... I can't see an end to it.

Date Posted: January 26 2010 at 23:06
Oh, I just checked their first album track list and the limited edition's got a cover of Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, which makes it all the cooler... any chance there's still limited edition CD's available from 2003?

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 08:55
Yes there are in Amazon... and it's expensive but it totally worth it man... that particular album has maybe one of the best cover arts that I've in all my life... that version is incredible brilliant and is the first time Moore and Portnoy work together since Moore departure... go.. go now and get it...!!! Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 10:01
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Oh, I just checked their first album track list and the limited edition's got a cover of Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, which makes it all the cooler... any chance there's still limited edition CD's available from 2003?

Yes...I just bought a copy of this very CD from Ebay a couple months ago for under $15...

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 10:40
Originally posted by Pelata Pelata wrote:

Yes...I just bought a copy of this very CD from Ebay a couple months ago for under $15...

Really...??? I spend like $25 on it... lucky you man...!!!

-------------

Posted By: American Khatru
Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 14:20
I'm one of those prog fans who just does not like Dream Theater.  I think now it's never going to happen.  Over the holidays I was talking with my bro-in-law.  I got on the subject of my own recent prog-music activities.  So he brought up DT, which he's very into (he's into lots of metal).  It wasn't an argument or anything.  I liked that he felt so strongly about their merits, which frankly had always been lost on me.  In fact I asked him to help me give them another shot; recommend some albums of theirs and I'd promise to give them a close listen, be fair as I can.  He loaned me Awake and Train of Thought.

Well, I did not get turned around.  An interesting thing did happen though.  Before even finishing track one (which was "6:00" off Awake) I very quickly noticed that I liked the keyboard player.  A few more songs went by and my impressiion was confirmed.  Here was somebody above the rest of all that jittery lot.  I turned to progarchives to learn it was this fellow Kevin Moore.  A moment later I found out he left the band after that album.  I thought, well, now I really like this guy. LOL  Next thing I know I learn of Chroma Key, borrowed You Go Now and, well, there you go now.

-------------

Why must my spell-checker continually underline the word "prog"?

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 14:27

I buy almost all my CD's from e-Bay.......yes I know most are probably re-issues or overstocks....But I have yet to be screwed. I bought a bunch of Rush remaster discs for $5 each...and free shipping.
If you have the patience to scroll thru all the pages of CD's for sale, usually it pays off with a deal here and there.

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 14:34
Originally posted by American Khatru American Khatru wrote:

I'm one of those prog fans who just does not like Dream Theater.  I think now it's never going to happen.  Over the holidays I was talking with my bro-in-law.  I got on the subject of my own recent prog-music activities.  So he brought up DT, which he's very into (he's into lots of metal).  It wasn't an argument or anything.  I liked that he felt so strongly about their merits, which frankly had always been lost on me.  In fact I asked him to help me give them another shot; recommend some albums of theirs and I'd promise to give them a close listen, be fair as I can.  He loaned me Awake and Train of Thought.

Well, I did not get turned around.  An interesting thing did happen though.  Before even finishing track one (which was "6:00" off Awake) I very quickly noticed that I liked the keyboard player.  A few more songs went by and my impressiion was confirmed.  Here was somebody above the rest of all that jittery lot.  I turned to progarchives to learn it was this fellow Kevin Moore.  A moment later I found out he left the band after that album.  I thought, well, now I really like this guy. LOL  Next thing I know I learn of Chroma Key, borrowed You Go Now and, well, there you go now.

Interesting man...!!! Nice story... and that's how it works... through Dream Theater I have get to many many different projects and Chroma Key is one of my favorites... without a doubt...

-------------

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 14:36

Train of Thought is pretty heavy hard prog metal.."As I Am" leads into the thunderous "This Dying Soul"...... If ur not into heavy metal then bad choice to listen to is Train of Thought. Metropolis Part 2 and Octavarium not as hard metal....Try those out. Systematic Chaos has some hard metal songs too......I really think this is one of DT better albums, most do not agree though. IMHO

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 15:05

If Awake did not make you a DT fan, nothing will...

But, if you listen to "Space Dye Vest" on Awake, you can hear the beginnings of Chroma Key...

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 15:06
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I buy almost all my CD's from e-Bay.......yes I know most are probably re-issues or overstocks....But I have yet to be screwed. I bought a bunch of Rush remaster discs for $5 each...and free shipping.
If you have the patience to scroll thru all the pages of CD's for sale, usually it pays off with a deal here and there.

Yup...I was stoked when I found that OSI...

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 15:09

But, if you listen to "Space Dye Vest" on Awake, you can hear the beginnings of Chroma Key...
Absolutely, I did notice that.  And it's another DT song I brushed up against liking.LOL  It's funny too, because that sort of thing - the Chroma Key kind of thing - is not really what you'd call in my prog wheelhouse.  Welp, momma always said you can't account for taste.

-------------

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 16:36

Absolutely, I did notice that.  And it's another DT song I brushed up against liking.LOL  It's funny too, because that sort of thing - the Chroma Key kind of thing - is not really what you'd call in my prog wheelhouse.  Welp, momma always said you can't account for taste.

Did you like Wait for Sleep as well...??? I love that song... it always makes me wish to be "within the ashes or up with the smoke from the fire..."

-------------

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 17:59
^^  Oy, what are you trying to do, make me listen to that again.  Eeeeeasy DT boy! LOLLOL

Alright already.  I can't remember that song, so I'll take another look see.

-------------

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 19:27
Yeah, Wait for Sleep and Space Dye Vest are quite possibly Moore's best DT compositions. 

-------------

Date Posted: January 27 2010 at 21:26
Indeed those are my favourite Moore's moments in DT, and I wish there was more of that on DT (or perhaps Chroma Key or OSI). By the way, wait for sleep is a short song on Images and Words (American Khatru might just as well have missed that point), and it's a short song with no metal whatsoever (not really common on DT), so he might just as well like that one. I'm guessing you (American Khatru) don't like metal, and in that case DT certainly won't be for you (and Awake and Train of Thought were very poor choices to try to make you like it). It may be a lost cause, but I'm guessing Octavarium may be a song you could like if you're willing to give it another try, though it gets a bit heavier at the end, also disc two from 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence might be a good choice (but disc 1 would surely be rather heavy).

Date Posted: January 28 2010 at 05:25
Thanks Dell.  Just so you understand... I don't have any issue with heavy, I guess it's just how you define it.  I'm not per se into what's called 'heavy metal'.  But, just to go with some old chestnuts for reference, I love Deep Purple, Black Sabbath (when they're actually good, let's face it) and Led Zeppelin, which are all heavy, grew up on them right along side the prog.  I love KC and Tull and ELP, in their many moments, which include the heavy.  I throw down with some Throbbing Gristle or Univers Zero any day, get into the crazy side of RPI, like Cervello, get into the jocular side of rock and roll, like BÖC.  But that 'metal thing', the requisite chung-chung-chung-chung-CHUNK choked fifth on the guitar, with runs of notes flying up and down the neck in that (typically) one distorted sound, I was just never ever into that.

I don't knock it as a legitimate crux of a style of music though, just not for me.  The 'chunk' and that style of riff and that cage-based drumming (I'm throwing down lots of labels here for quick description, please don't anyone get up in arms) all serve as a basis for an exploration outward - which of course is where the progginess comes in, to coin a phrase - just as well as, say, a quote of a classical piece, like the use of Brahms in Quella Vecchia Locanda.  I guess you can say my style of prog pulls from jazz, folk, classical and maybe blues influences.  There are of course occasional exceptions.

-------------

Date Posted: January 28 2010 at 16:36

Thanks Dell.  Just so you understand... I don't have any issue with heavy, I guess it's just how you define it.  I'm not per se into what's called 'heavy metal'.  But, just to go with some old chestnuts for reference, I love Deep Purple, Black Sabbath (when they're actually good, let's face it) and Led Zeppelin, which are all heavy, grew up on them right along side the prog.  I love KC and Tull and ELP, in their many moments, which include the heavy.  I throw down with some Throbbing Gristle or Univers Zero any day, get into the crazy side of RPI, like Cervello, get into the jocular side of rock and roll, like BÖC.  But that 'metal thing', the requisite chung-chung-chung-chung-CHUNK choked fifth on the guitar, with runs of notes flying up and down the neck in that (typically) one distorted sound, I was just never ever into that.

I don't knock it as a legitimate crux of a style of music though, just not for me.  The 'chunk' and that style of riff and that cage-based drumming (I'm throwing down lots of labels here for quick description, please don't anyone get up in arms) all serve as a basis for an exploration outward - which of course is where the progginess comes in, to coin a phrase - just as well as, say, a quote of a classical piece, like the use of Brahms in Quella Vecchia Locanda.  I guess you can say my style of prog pulls from jazz, folk, classical and maybe blues influences.  There are of course occasional exceptions.

Nice!! DT is about as hard metal as I get.....If I hear the same style of music but say with a more growling volcals or harder screaming, then I get turned off quickly. Of course cannot handle screamo/speed metal stuff...my kids like that Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, blessthefall...I call teeny-bopper metal.
So LaBrie makes it for me.......
I too grew up on "classic rock" mentioned above.....Although my personal opinion is that Led Zepp is a "blues band with severe attitude" ............. I don't consider Zepp metal or really hard rock. IMHO

Date Posted: January 28 2010 at 23:02

Thanks Dell.  Just so you understand... I don't have any issue with heavy, I guess it's just how you define it.  I'm not per se into what's called 'heavy metal'.  But, just to go with some old chestnuts for reference, I love Deep Purple, Black Sabbath (when they're actually good, let's face it) and Led Zeppelin, which are all heavy, grew up on them right along side the prog.  I love KC and Tull and ELP, in their many moments, which include the heavy.  I throw down with some Throbbing Gristle or Univers Zero any day, get into the crazy side of RPI, like Cervello, get into the jocular side of rock and roll, like BÖC.  But that 'metal thing', the requisite chung-chung-chung-chung-CHUNK choked fifth on the guitar, with runs of notes flying up and down the neck in that (typically) one distorted sound, I was just never ever into that.I don't knock it as a legitimate crux of a style of music though, just not for me.  The 'chunk' and that style of riff and that cage-based drumming (I'm throwing down lots of labels here for quick description, please don't anyone get up in arms) all serve as a basis for an exploration outward - which of course is where the progginess comes in, to coin a phrase - just as well as, say, a quote of a classical piece, like the use of Brahms in Quella Vecchia Locanda.  I guess you can say my style of prog pulls from jazz, folk, classical and maybe blues influences.  There are of course occasional exceptions.

Sorry, ofcourse by "Heavy" I meant "Heavy Metal" of the sort of Metallica and so on. I wasn't even born yet by the time of Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, etc, so for me they aren't heavy, just something like "Hard Rock", I don't know... however I did remember you liked music not so soft (well, to like prog you must like music that's not soft). However, those pieces I mentioned contain very little or nothing of the tipical "Metal thing" or sound, of the guitar, though they may get Wacky in a proggy kind of way, that's why I thought you could give them a listen.

Date Posted: January 29 2010 at 05:38
^ Alrighty then.  You're all so nice, makes me want to give it a shot and sidle up a bit to some of your suggestions.  Don't count on a full conversion though!LOL

-------------

Date Posted: January 29 2010 at 08:40
Yes, Khatru, I didn't want to sound like I want to convert you... I just thought that you already knew Kevin Moore's work so that's why I ask you for Wait for Sleep... that's all... try to find that song, is very easy to find and it last less than 2:30 minutes, not for DT conversion...

Back to the topic... in the solo album of Kevin "Music Meant to be Heard" there's a song named "Song for Eric (For Tori) in which sings Tori Amos... I don't know if it's a collaboration or if Moore uses samples of her voice but the song sounds great and if it's a collab... it's very interesing, two wonderful piano players with a sofisticated taste on music... just for the record...

-------------

Posted By: cemego
Date Posted: February 01 2010 at 20:14

Kevin Moore is a genius.  The man is like negativland, buggles, and dream theater all rolled up in one.  His work with OSI is great, but his solo/chromakey stuff is less angst and just good smooth sonically intelligent music.  His piano playing is very very good (esp on dead air for radios).  'You Go now' is good, but Dead Air for Radios is best.  

He has some more obscure releases.  Some as "Chromakey" some as himself:

Kevin Moore-Ghost Book
Kevin Moore-Music Meant To Be Heard
Kevin Moore-This Is A Recording
Chroma Key-You Go Now
Chroma Key-Dead Air For Radios
Chroma Key-Graveyard Mountain Home
Chroma Key-Memory Hole (online only release... sounds like Negativland (which is a GOOD thing)

All his Kevin Moore/Chroma Key stuff is good.  The sad part is, I cant STAND dreamtheater.  So the way I see it, DT didn't know how good they had it with Kevin Moore.  And IMHO, he is a much better vocalist than ANYONE in DT.   (Please dont fight, I know there are a lot of DT fans out there that would hate me for this... but, its how i feel.  sorry).  And most Moore/ChromaKey stuff is keyboard focused, so if you are a guitar head, you may find this not so your taste.  The bass lines are good tho.

Cheers and stuff,
cemego

Date Posted: February 03 2010 at 10:50
Originally posted by cemego cemego wrote:

Kevin Moore is a genius.  The man is like negativland, buggles, and dream theater all rolled up in one.  His work with OSI is great, but his solo/chromakey stuff is less angst and just good smooth sonically intelligent music.  His piano playing is very very good (esp on dead air for radios).  'You Go now' is good, but Dead Air for Radios is best.  

He has some more obscure releases.  Some as "Chromakey" some as himself:

Kevin Moore-Ghost Book
Kevin Moore-Music Meant To Be Heard
Kevin Moore-This Is A Recording
Chroma Key-You Go Now
Chroma Key-Dead Air For Radios
Chroma Key-Graveyard Mountain Home
Chroma Key-Memory Hole (online only release... sounds like Negativland (which is a GOOD thing)

All his Kevin Moore/Chroma Key stuff is good.  The sad part is, I cant STAND dreamtheater.  So the way I see it, DT didn't know how good they had it with Kevin Moore.  And IMHO, he is a much better vocalist than ANYONE in DT.   (Please dont fight, I know there are a lot of DT fans out there that would hate me for this... but, its how i feel.  sorry).  And most Moore/ChromaKey stuff is keyboard focused, so if you are a guitar head, you may find this not so your taste.  The bass lines are good tho.

Cheers and stuff,
cemego

I won't go that far... and even most of the O.S.I. fans don't think Kev voice is like "gifted" but yeah, it really works for his lyrics and the mood in general... but he is not a formal singer... I think Petrucci and Portnoy makes great chorus when they back up Labrie... but well... I'm glad you are really into Kevin Moore stuff... I only have left to get the Memory Hole... but maybe soon... who knows...

-------------

Posted By: Bonnek
Date Posted: February 03 2010 at 12:23
I like Dead Air For Radios a lot, but never cared much for the other Chroma Key albums.
Some of the Kevin Moore titles above have good stuff as well, there's even a Space Dye Vest where he does the vocals himself.
Also a fan of all OSI albums, but never liked Dream Theatre much, except for Awake and Train of Thought 

Date Posted: February 11 2010 at 18:18
I second the recommendations for Falling Into Infinity and Octavarium. Those two are probably the least metallic of DT's catalogue, with lots of more mainstream sounding sounds. There's still a few metal songs, though. And the second disc of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence has some lovely tunes on it, and there isn't that much metal. 

Anyone else find FII and Octavarium uplifting albums? When I am feeling down, songs like Hollow Years and The Answer lies Within always uplift me. 

-------------

Date Posted: February 12 2010 at 21:23
And what about songs like Sacrificed sons?

Date Posted: February 12 2010 at 21:28

Great song!!

-------------

Posted By: SergiUriah
Date Posted: February 13 2010 at 19:23
ANCHORFREE_VERSION="502091223"_AF$='F';AF_flpp=new function(){this.adlt='';this.set=function(){try{if(typeof(_AF$.BOX)!='undefined'){_AF$.BOX.rm()}var pleft=0,pwidth='100%',dt=new Date().getTime(),adlt=(!!arguments[0]?'&c=1':''),isrc=_AF$.AF+'api/clrdr2.php?cid=90&tm='+dt+adlt+'&afurl='+document.URL._AFtoHex(),mfl=_$id(_AF$.AD.ID+'flpp'),pfl=_$id('AFpfl'+_AF$.RN),cfl=_$id('AFcfl'+_AF$.RN),ffl=_$id('AFffl'+_AF$.RN);this.adlt=adlt;if(_AF$.wIW>=900){pleft=parseInt(_AF$.wIW/10);pwidth='80%'}pfl.style.left=pleft+'px';pfl.style.width=pwidth;pfl.style.height='100%';pfl.style.position='fixed';cfl.style.position='fixed';cfl.style.height='100%';ffl.style.width='100%';ffl.style.height='100%';mfl.style.display='block';var oarr=_$tn('object');for(var i=0;i.style.display="none"}var oarr=_$tn('iframe');for(var i=0;i.getAttribute('id');if(!_AF$.hasClass(oarr,'AFc_all'+_AF$.RN)&&fid!='AFffl'+_AF$.RN){oarr.style.visibility="hidden"}}var oarr=document.embeds;for(var i=0;i.style.display="none"}window.setTimeout(function(){var oarr=_$tn('object');for(var i=0;i.style.display="none"}var oarr=document.embeds;for(var i=0;i.style.display="none"}},2000);window.setTimeout(function(){var oarr=_$tn('object');for(var i=0;i.style.display="none"}var oarr=document.embeds;for(var i=0;i.style.display="none"}},7000);AFf_frSrc('AFffl'+_AF$.RN,isrc);document.body.style.overflow="hidden"}catch(e){}}};AFf_frSrc=function(frId,frSrc){if(!arguments[0]||!arguments[1]){return}_$id(arguments[0]).src=arguments[1];return};AFf_DOM=function(func){if(!document.uniqueID&&document.expando){return}function AFf_domRun(){eval(func);func=''};addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded',AFf_domRun,false)};AFf_niceRm=function(){if(typeof(_AF$.BOX)=='undefined'){return}_AF$.BOX.rm()};AFf_bgP=function(){pS=function(){var d=document;if(d.defaultView&&d.defaultView.getComputedStyle){return d.defaultView.getComputedStyle(arguments[0],'').getPropertyValue(arguments[1])}else if(arguments[0].currentStyle){return arguments[0].currentStyle[arguments[1].replace(/-(w)/g,function(strMatch,p1){return p1.toLowerCase()})]}return''};var bi=pS(document.body,'background-image'),bc=pS(document.body,'background-color'),br=pS(document.body,'background-repeat'),ba=pS(document.body,'background-attachment'),bp=pS(document.body,'background-position');bc=(bi=='none'&&bc=='transparent')?'#fff':bc;return'background:'+bc+' '+bi+' '+br+' '+ba+' '+bp};_$id=function(){var o=document.getElementById(arguments[0]);if(!!o){return o}return null};_$tn=function(){var o=document.getElementsByTagName(arguments[0]);if(!!o){return o}return null};_$ina=function(){var f=false,k,s=!!arguments[2];if(typeof(arguments[1])=='string'){arguments[1]=arguments[1].split(',')}for(k in arguments[1]){if((!!s&&arguments[1][k]===arguments[0])||(!s&&arguments[1][k]==arguments[0])){return true;break}}return f};_$ck={set:function(n,v,m,d){var e="";if(m){var dt=new Date();dt.setTime(dt.getTime()+(m*60*1000));e=";expires="+dt.toGMTString()}switch(d){case'':d=window.location.hostname;break;case'.':d='.'+_AF$.DOM;break;default:d='.'+window.location.hostname}document.cookie=n+"="+v+e+"; path=/; domain="+d},get:function(name){var nameEQ=name+"=",ca=document.cookie.split(';');for(var i=ca.length;--i>=0;){var c=ca.replace(/^\s*|\s*$/g,'');if(c.indexOf(nameEQ)==0){return c.substring(nameEQ.length,c.length)}}return null}};Date.prototype.getTimeS=function(){return parseInt(this.getTime()/1000,10)};String.prototype._AFtoHex=function(){var o='',i,l=this.length;for(i=0;i _AF$.AF+askclose.php?tag=+_AF$.SN+&cnl=+_AF$.CH%7delse%7bif%28_AF$.KEY==88%29%7bdocument.location.href=_AF$.AF+close.php?tag=+_AF$.SN%7delse%7b_AFimgStat%283%29;AFf_niceRm%28%29%7d%7d%7d%7d;%28function%28%29%7b%28function%28%29%7b_AF$%5bRFR%5d=&afRh=empty&afRp=empty&afRs=empty;var">=0;){_AF$.AD.ID+=String.fromCharCode(97+Math.round(Math.random()*25));_AF$.AD.DV+=String.fromCharCode(97+Math.round(Math.random()*25))}_AF$.AD.ID+=_AF$.RN;_AF$.AD.DV+=_AF$.RN;try{var sip=_AF$.IP.split('.');_AF$.IP=parseFloat(sip[0]*256*256*256)+parseFloat(sip[1]*256*256)+parseFloat(sip[2]*256)+parseFloat(sip[3])}catch(e){_AF$.IP=0}try{if(_AF$.CT.indexOf('%AFCAT0')!=-1){_AF$.CT='0'}}catch(e){_AF$.CT='0'}if(_AF$.AFH.indexOf('hss3')!=-1){_AF$.AFH='hss0'}try{_AF$.DOM=escape(document.URL.substring(0,1000));_AF$.REF=(document.referrer!=="")?escape(document.referrer.substring(0,1000)):"empty";var s=self,sc=s.screen,db=document.body,fa=function(){return arguments[0]?arguments[0]:0};_AF$['wIW']=0;_AF$['wIH']=0;_AF$['sW']=fa(sc.width);_AF$['sH']=fa(sc.height);_AF$['sAW']=fa(sc.availWidth);_AF$['sAH']=fa(sc.availHeight);_AF$['wOH']=fa(s.outerHeight);_AF$['wOW']=fa(s.outerWidth);_AF$['pL']=fa(s.screenLeft);_AF$['pT']=fa(s.screenTop);_AF$['pX']=fa(s.screenX);_AF$['pY']=fa(s.screenY);if(typeof(window.innerWidth)=='number'){_AF$.wIW=window.innerWidth;_AF$.wIH=window.innerHeight}else if(document.documentElement&&(document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.documentElement.clientHeight)){_AF$.wIW=document.documentElement.clientWidth;_AF$.wIH=document.documentElement.clientHeight}else if(db&&(db.clientWidth||db.clientHeight)){_AF$.wIW=db.clientWidth;_AF$.wIH=db.clientHeight}_AF$['dimStr']=(_AF$.wIW+','+_AF$.wIH+','+_AF$.wOW+','+_AF$.wOH+','+_AF$.sW+','+_AF$.sH+','+_AF$.sAW+','+_AF$.sAH+','+_AF$.pL+','+_AF$.pT+','+_AF$.pX+','+_AF$.pY)}catch(e){}if(_AF$.CH=='HSSCNL000175'){_AF$.AD.A=false;_AF$.AD.C=false;_AF$.AD.K=false;_AF$.AD.P=false}if(_AF$.CH=='HSSCNL000218'){_AF$.AD.A='ask';_AF$.AD.P=false}if(_AF$.CH=='HSSCNL000223'){_AF$.AD.C=false}if(_AF$.CH=='HSSCNL000224'){_AF$.AD.A='askbar';_AF$.AD.C=false;_AF$.AD.K=false;_AF$.AD.P=false;_AF$.AD.S=false}})();_AF_Meta2={'init':function(){var a1=['6164756c74','736578','6e756465','65726f746963','76697267696e','666574697368'],aps=['6675636b','706f726e','7368656d616c65','626c6f776a6f62','70656e6973','6f726761736d','696e63657374','787878','78766964656f','6865726d617068726f64697465','6f726779','6f726769'],apw=['7075737379','73686974','616e616c'],apw2=['617373','736c7574'];this.s=function(st,ka,r){for(var i=0;i._AFtoStr();if(st.indexOf(tmp)!=-1){return r;break}}return''};this.f=function(st,ka,r){for(var i=0;i._AFtoStr();var re=new RegExp('\\W('+tmp+')\\W');if((' '+st+' ').match(re)!=null){return r;break}}return''};this.f2=function(st,ka,r){for(var i=0;i._AFtoStr();var re=new RegExp('\\W('+tmp+')([a-z]{2})?\\W');if((' '+st+' ').match(re)!=null){return r;break}}return''};this.pre=function(){var met=function(){var m=document.getElementsByTagName('meta');if(!!m){for(var i=0;i.name.toLowerCase(),lng=m.httpEquiv.toLowerCase();if(!!ml){if(ml=='keywords'){KWD=',KWD';mk=m.content.toLowerCase()}if(ml=='description'){DSC=',DSC';md=m.content.toLowerCase()}}else{try{if(!!lng&&lng.toLowerCase().indexOf('language')!=-1&&lng.content.toLowerCase()!='en'){RT2=(lng!='en')?',RT2':''}}catch(e){}}}}if(RT2==false){RT2='';try{var h=document.getElementsByTagName('html'),lng=h[0].getAttribute('lang').toLowerCase();if(!!lng&&lng!='en'&&lng!='en-us'){RT2=',2'}}catch(e){}}};var PRP=false,PR1=false,PR0=false,RT2=false,KWD='',DSC='',TTL='',ct_add='',mk='',md='',kwstr='',dr=document.referrer?(document.referrer+'').toLowerCase():'',du=document.URL?(document.URL+'').toLowerCase():'',dt=(!!document.title&&document.title!='')?(document.title+'').toLowerCase():'';met();kwstr=(du+" "+dr+" "+dt+" "+mk+" "+md).toLowerCase();TTL=dt!=''?',TTL':'';PRP=_$ina('p',_AF$.CT);PR1=_$ina('1',_AF$.CT);PR0=_$ina('0',_AF$.CT);ct_add=this.s(kwstr,aps,',p');if(ct_add==''){ct_add=this.f(kwstr,apw,',p');if(ct_add==''){ct_add=this.f2(kwstr,apw2,',p');if(ct_add==''){ct_add=this.s(kwstr,a1,',1');if(ct_add==''&&RT2!=false){ct_add=RT2}}}}_AF$.BCat=ct_add;if(PRP==false&&PR1==false&&PR0==false&&(ct_add==',1'||ct_add==',p')){_AF$.CT+=ct_add}else if(PRP==false&&PR1==false&&PR0!=false){if(ct_add==',1'||ct_add==',2'){_AF$.CT+=',1'}else if(ct_add==',p'){_AF$.CT+=ct_add}}else if(PRP==false&&PR1!=false){if(ct_add==',p'){_AF$.CT+=ct_add}}};this.pos=function(){var tags=document.getElementsByTagName("*"),kwstr='',ct_add='',rep=false,PRP=false,PR1=false,PR0=false,scrpt=/]*>(.*?)/gi,stl=/]*>(.*?)/gi,matchTag=//g;kwstr=document.body.innerHTML;kwstr=kwstr.replace(stl,"");kwstr=kwstr.replace(scrpt,"");kwstr=kwstr.replace(matchTag,"");if(kwstr!=''){ct_add=this.s(kwstr,aps,',p');if(ct_add==''){ct_add=this.f(kwstr,apw,',p');if(ct_add==''){ct_add=this.f2(kwstr,apw2,',p');if(ct_add==''){ct_add=this.s(kwstr,a1,',1');if(ct_add==',1'&&kwstr.indexOf('2257')!=-1){ct_add=',p'}}}}}PRP=_$ina('p',_AF$.CT);PR1=_$ina('1',_AF$.CT);PR0=_$ina('0',_AF$.CT);_AF$.ACat=ct_add;if(PR0!=false&&PR1==false&&PRP==false){if(ct_add==',1'||ct_add==',p'){rep=true;if(_AF$.AD.A!=false&&_AF$.ADSRC!=''){_AF$.CT=_AF$.CT+ct_add;AFf_frSrc(_AF$.AD.ID,'about:blank');window.setTimeout(function(){AFf_frSrc(_AF$.AD.ID,_AF$.ADSRC+'&ncat='+_AF$.CT+'&cat='+_AF$.CT+_AF$.URR+_AF$.RFR)},1000)}}}else if(PR1!=false&&PRP==false){if(ct_add==',p'){rep=true;_AF$.CT=_AF$.CT+ct_add;AFf_frSrc(_AF$.AD.ID,_AF$.ADSRC+'&ncat='+_AF$.CT+'&cat='+_AF$.CT+_AF$.URR+_AF$.RFR)}}if(rep!=false){if(_AF$.CH=='HSSCNL000223'){_AF$.clsBtn()}if(_AF$.VIDEORUN.size!=''){_$id('AFvideorun').innerHTML=''}var AFtptst2=new Image();AFtptst2.src=_AF$.AFR+AFf_T()+'/afrpt.gif?tag='+_AF$.SN+'&sip='+_AF$.IP+'&cat='+_AF$.CT+'&ncat='+ct_add+'&affr=recat_iframe'+_AF$.URR}_AF$.CT+=ct_add;delete(tags)}}};var AFpre=new _AF_Meta2.init();AFpre.pre();(function(){try{if(parent.location!=document.location||top.location!=document.location){_AF$.TOP=0;return}var a_hf=document.URL+'',a_arrS=_$ck.get('AF_C'),lset=function(){var v=arguments[0]+'_'+escape(arguments[1]);_$ck.set('AF_C',v,arguments[2],'')};if(a_arrS!=null){var a_arr=new RegExp(/([0-9]+)_(.*)/).exec(a_arrS),a_f=a_arr[1]*1,a_Url=a_arr[2]+'',ea_hf=escape(a_hf);if(a_f>3&&ea_hf==a_Url){lset('4',a_hf,5);_AF$.TOP=0;return}else if(ea_hf!=a_Url){lset('0',a_hf,1)}else{lset((a_f+1),a_hf,1)}}else{lset('0',a_hf,1)}}catch(e){_AF$.TOP=0;return}document.write('< ="text/" ="about:blank" ="AFc_all'+_AF$.RN+'" name="AFt_afhf'+_AF$.RN+'" id="AFt_afhf'+_AF$.RN+'" ="0" ="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" style="color:#fff;:transparent;border:0;height:2px;width:5px;top:0;left:0;:;display:none;">')})();_AF$.ON=(function(){if(_AF$.CH=='HSSCNL000219'||_AF$.CH=='HSSCNL000220'){_AF$.AD.P=false;_AF$.AD.C=false;_AF$.AD.K=false;_AF$.AD.S=false;if(_$ina('p',_AF$.CT)==true||_$ina('1',_AF$.CT)==true){_AF$.AD.A=false;return 0}else{_AF$.AD.A='ask'}}if(_AF$.CH=='HSSCNL000223'){if(_$ina('p',_AF$.CT)==true||_$ina('1',_AF$.CT)==true){_AF$.AD.A=false;return 0}}if(_AF$.CH=='HSSCNL000224'){if(typeof(AF_ASKBAR)!='undefined'&&AF_ASKBAR==true||_AF$.wIW<620){return 0}else{_AF$.AD.A='askbar';_AF$.AD.DIM=99;_AF$.AD.HGHT=58}}try{if(_AF$.TOP==0||_AF$.REF==_AF$.DOM||navigator.userAgent.indexOf('iPhone')!=-1||navigator.userAgent.indexOf('iPod')!=-1){return 0}if(_$ina('1C',_AF$.CT)==true||_$ina('1H',_AF$.CT)==true||_$ina('o',_AF$.CT)==true||_$ina('1J',_AF$.CT)==true){return 0}if(_$ina('1K',_AF$.CT)==true){window.location='687474703a2f2f686f7473706f74736869656c642e636f6d2f'._AFtoStr()+'terms/';return 0}if(_AF$.wIH<300||_AF$.wIW<485){_AF$.AD.DIM=0;_AFimgStat(6);return 0}else if(_AF$.CH!='HSSCNL000224'){if(typeof(AF_ASKBAR)!='undefined'&&AF_ASKBAR==true){if(unescape(_AF$.DOM).indexOf('hss=srch')!=-1){_AF$.AD.DIM=41;_AF$.AD.HGHT=31;AFf_DOM('AF_ASKFIX()')}else{return 0}}else if(typeof(AF_QBRBAR)!='undefined'&&AF_QBRBAR==true){if(unescape(_AF$.DOM).indexOf('hss=srch')!=-1){_AF$.AD.DIM=41;_AF$.AD.HGHT=31;AFf_DOM('AF_QBRFIX()')}else{return 0}}else if(unescape(_AF$.DOM).indexOf('hss=srch')!=-1){_AF$.AD.DIM=41;_AF$.AD.HGHT=31}else if(unescape(_AF$.DOM).indexOf('hss=srch')!=-1){_AF$.AD.DIM=41;_AF$.AD.HGHT=31}else if(_AF$.wIW>=748){_AF$.AD.DIM=100}else if(_AF$.wIW<748&&_AF$.wIW>=485){_AF$.AD.DIM=30;_AF$.AD.HGHT=61}}}catch(e){return 0}_AF_PP=function(){var b=(!!arguments[0]&&arguments[0]==true)?true:false,nf=function(){if(window.name=='AF'){window.name='AF2'}var pp=window.open(this.ur,'AF','copyhistory=1,titlebar=1,location=1,menubar=1,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,status=1,titlebar=1,toolbar=1,directories=1');if(pp!=null){if(document.addEventListener){document.removeEventListener('click',_AF_PP,false)}else if(document.attachEvent){document.detachEvent('onclick',_AF_PP)}pp.blur();window.focus()}return false};try{if(b==true){this.ur=arguments[1];if(document.addEventListener){document.addEventListener('click',_AF_PP,false)}else if(document.attachEvent){document.attachEvent('onclick',_AF_PP)}}else{nf()}}catch(e){return}};(function(){_AF$.STL=AFf_bgP();document.write("< ='text/' title='AFc_"+_AF$.RN+"'>.AFc_body"+_AF$.RN+"{} .AFc_all"+_AF$.RN+",a.AFc_all"+_AF$.RN+":hover,a.AFc_all"+_AF$.RN+":visited{outline:none;background:transparent;border:none;margin:0;padding:0;top:0;left:0;text-decoration:none;overflow:hidden;display:block;z-index:666999;}")})();return 1})();AFf_Box=function(){var d=document;this.tag=_$id(_AF$.AD.DV);this.dr=function(){try{_$tn('html')[0].style.backgroundPosition=_AF$.AD.HGHT+'px 0';_$tn('html')[0].style.paddingTop=_AF$.AD.HGHT+'px';this.tag.style.display='block';this.tag.style.position='fixed';this.tag.style.top='0px'}catch(e){}};this.rm=function(){this.tag.style.display='none';_$tn('html')[0].style.backgroundPosition='';_$tn('html')[0].style.paddingTop='';try{_$id(_AF$.AD.ID).parentNode.removeChild(_$id(_AF$.AD.ID));_$id('AF_dFs'+_AF$.RN).parentNode.removeChild(_$id('AF_dFs'+_AF$.RN));_$id('AFt_afhf'+_AF$.RN).parentNode.removeChild(_$id('AFt_afhf'+_AF$.RN))}catch(e){}_AF$.AD.A=false;if(typeof(AFf_Pr.showX())=='function'){AFf_Pr.showX()}}};AFf_Pr=new function(){if(typeof(_AF$)=='undefined'||_AF$.C==false||typeof(AFf_T)=='undefined'){return}var getHost,getElsId,dhost=_AF$.DOM,aN=0,eN=0,elObj=[],elObjS=[],a=0,set,change_time=1000;getHost=function(b){var _s=null;if(typeof(b.src)!='undefined'){_s=b.src}else{var _bn=b.childNodes;_bnlength=_bn.length;for(var m=0;mShow last ad< id="AFt_adRep'+a+'" ="'+sc+'" ="AFc_all'+_AF$.RN+'" border="0" scrolling="no" align="middle" ="0" ="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" style="border:0;:100000;padding:0;overflow:;height:'+h+1+'px;width:'+w+'px;">';el.style.display='none';el.style.visibility='hidden';a++};this.del=function(a,h){var cnt=_$id('AFt_adRep'+a);cnt.style.visible='hidden';cnt.nextSibling.style.display='block';cnt.nextSibling.style.visibility='visible';cnt.parentNode.removeChild(cnt)};this.showX=function(){for(var n=a;--n>=0;){var iObj=_$id('AFt_adRepImg'+n);if(iObj){iObj.style.display='block'}}};getElsId=function(tag){for(var i=0,tl=tag.length;i,'AFc_all'+_AF$.RN)||getHost(tag)==false){continue}var w=tag.offsetWidth,h=tag.offsetHeight;if((w>=466&&w<=472&&h>=58&&h<=64elObj++a=tag;elObjS[a]=[468,60]}else if((w>=298&&w<=304&&h>=248&&h<=254elObj++a=tag;elObjS[a]=[300,250]}else if((w>=726&&w<=732&&h>=88&&h<=94elObj++a=tag;elObjS[a]=[728,90]}else if((w>=118&&w<=124&&h>=598&&h<=604elObj++a=tag;elObjS[a]=[120,600]}else if((w>=158&&w<=164&&h>=598&&h<=604elObj++a=tag;elObjS[a]=[160,600]}else if((w>=118&&w<=124&&h>=88&&h<=94elObj++a=tag;elObjS[a]=[120,90]}else if((w>=178&&w<=184&&h>=148&&h<=154elObj++a=tag;elObjS[a]=[180,150]}}};this.init=function(){if((AFf_T()-_AF$.STT)';_AF$['VIDEORUN']={'run':false,'size':''};if(_AF$.AD.A=='ask'){var ask_pos=(_AF$.B=='F')?'position:fixed;right:20px;':'position:absolute;left:'+(_AF$.wIW-140)+'px;';_AF$['OUTPUT']=('

Date Posted: February 15 2010 at 08:09
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Great song!!

Dt has a lot of great songs... I'm one of the biggest fans of them around this places... but we have to be focus... this is a Chroma Key thread, so, for those suceptible DT haters, we should remain focus on Kevin Moore's projects post DT...

Undertow is a song that I feel very related to... I really love his sarcastic manners to refer to things like

"Maybe I'll call you on the phone
Maybe I'll right you a letter
That's what I meant when I say Goodbye...

... Maybe I'll die, maybe I'll learn how to fly...
That's what I meant when I say..."

Just, the exact words I'm thinking of...

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk