Print Page | Close Window

The Nice Five Bridges

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Other music related lounges
Forum Name: Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
Forum Discription: Discuss bands and albums classified as Proto-Prog and Prog-Related
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6476
Printed Date: July 31 2014 at 16:56
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.69 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: The Nice Five Bridges
Posted By: Walker
Subject: The Nice Five Bridges
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 23:38
Hi all....... new member here (although I have been reading the forum posts for a year now). I have a question about the album Five Bridges from The Nice. I recently acquired the cd version and there are a bunch of bonus tracks at the end. Unfortunately the liner notes are rather cryptic. Does anyone know the origins of these tracks? (BBC?, outtakes?, alternate versions?) Thanks~!



Replies:
Posted By: Ben2112
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 23:41
Hi Walker, welcome. You sure picked an, erm...interesting day to join . I actually know very little about The Nice, just wanted to welcome you.



-------------


Posted By: Walker
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 23:43

Originally posted by Ben2112

Hi Walker, welcome. You sure picked an, erm...interesting day to join . I actually know very little about The Nice, just wanted to welcome you.

Thanks for the welcome Ben! And why is today an, erm...interesting day to join?



-------------


Posted By: Ben2112
Date Posted: May 21 2005 at 23:45
Just read through some of today's threads.



-------------


Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: May 22 2005 at 03:45

Originally posted by Walker

Hi all....... new member here (although I have been reading the forum posts for a year now). I have a question about the album Five Bridges from The Nice. I recently acquired the cd version and there are a bunch of bonus tracks at the end. Unfortunately the liner notes are rather cryptic. Does anyone know the origins of these tracks? (BBC?, outtakes?, alternate versions?) Thanks~!

The Nice released an album in 1972 called 'Autumn 1967 - Spring 1968' that included stereo versions of tracks from the 'The Thoughts Of Emerlist Davjack' album PLUS the single 'America' and some outtakes like 'Bonnie K'.The idea was to cash in on the success of Keith Emerson with ELP.The Five Bridges Suite and Elegy LP's were also released after The Nice split up.Rather than issue 'Autumn 1967 - Spring 1968' on CD the record company took the unusual step of dividing the album up into 2 and releasing it as bonus tracks on the Elegy and The Five Bridges Suite CD's.Therefore you will need to buy Elegy to get the other half of the album! Hope that helps



-------------


Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: May 22 2005 at 07:31
Thanks Rich...it does

-------------
Coldness doth get away with the badness. http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Walker
Date Posted: May 22 2005 at 11:14
Thanks Rich! That does help indeed. Not only that, but you have now given me permission to spend more money buying Elegy! My wife will hate you forever!

-------------


Posted By: threefates
Date Posted: May 22 2005 at 12:26
I just have the  vinyl "Autumn to Spring"... nope wait, I also have both cds... Darn, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!

-------------
THIS IS ELP


Posted By: T.Rox
Date Posted: May 23 2005 at 00:26

Originally posted by Walker

Not only that, but you have now given me permission to spend more money buying Elegy! My wife will hate you forever!

My missus has given up caring about the money I spend on CD's...it just ain't worth the stress! As long as I can feed the kids and put a roof over their heads, not a lot else matters.



-------------
"Without prog, life would be a mistake."

...with apologies to Friedrich Nietzsche



Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.69 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2010 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk