Forum Description: Create polls on topics not related to music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65689
Printed Date: May 20 2024 at 06:33
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Munsters or the Addams Family
Posted By: BaldJean
Subject: The Munsters or the Addams Family
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 20:53
two black & white tv-series featuring quite unusual families. which one is your favorite?

-------------

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta

Replies:
Posted By: A Person
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 20:55
Both.

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 20:56
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

Both.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Posted By: Finnforest
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 20:57
Split vote, as a kid I preferred Munsters, now i'd say Addams family.  

-------------

Posted By: SaltyJon
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 21:02
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Both.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Salty_Jon" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 21:19
Addams Family rather easily.. though quite a decent silver-age TV show, The Munsters was in the same league as Gilligan's Island (if not as good)

Posted By: jammun
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 21:59

Sheesh, I grew up watching these.  I suppose at the time, The Munsters was a bit more favored.  Now that I'm older (much), I'd probably prefer to watch the Addams Family.  I think it was a bit more sophisticated, if one can use that term w/r/t these shows.

-------------
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.

Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 22:05
I wanted to see what others say first before uttering my opinion. I think Morticia is a lot more sexy than Lily. and I just love her hobble dress

-------------

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta

Posted By: jammun
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 22:15
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

I wanted to see what others say first before uttering my opinion. I think Morticia is a lot more sexy than Lily. and I just love her hobble dress
Oh, Morticia rocks way more than Lily! 

-------------
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.

Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 22:49
and John Astin was brilliantly mad in that show, nothing like him on TV at the time

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: March 10 2010 at 23:42
First vote for the Munsters.

Never really got imnto the Addams family. Good but thats all imo.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: JLocke
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 00:01
Originally posted by jammun jammun wrote:

Sheesh, I grew up watching these.  I suppose at the time, The Munsters was a bit more favored.  Now that I'm older (much), I'd probably prefer to watch the Addams Family.  I think it was a bit more sophisticated, if one can use that term w/r/t these shows.

Without a doubt it's more sophisticated. That doesn't make it a better show. Wink

Munsters for me. 

Posted By: manofmystery
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 00:24

The Munsters was fun enough but it also had several major problems not the least of which being that a John Kerry father and a Vampire mother produced a Wolfman child.

Now, The Addams Family featured John Astin's simply brilliant Gomez

Raul Julia's Gomez was pretty darn good
And Christopher Lloyd was great as "Uncle Fester"
but I suppose the movies aren't part of this discussion

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 00:29
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

. . . a John Kerry father and a Vampire mother produced a Wolfman child.

Dane Cook stand-up reference, by any chance? Or did you make those observations on your own (the John Kerry comparison in particular I completely agree with)?

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 00:51
Morticia! Heart

Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 00:52

dane cook is the person i'd most like to punch square in the face on this earth right now so no, it is not a dane cook reference and it amazes me that the man was smart enough to see the similarities in appearance between kerry and herman munster (suppose the "punch in the face" line might also be taken as a cook reference as that is how he ends almost every joke). 

John Kerry also looks identical to the villain from the film version of ReAnimator by the way:

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 01:04

dane cook is the person i'd most like to punch square in the face on this earth right now so no, it is not a dane cook reference and it amazes me that the man was smart enough to see the similarities in appearance between kerry and herman munster (suppose the "punch in the face" line might also be taken as a cook reference as that is how he ends almost every joke). 

John Kerry also looks identical to the villain from the film version of ReAnimator by the way:

That entire post just made me laugh uncontrollably. LOL 

Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 01:17
Originally posted by JLocke JLocke wrote:

That entire post just made me laugh uncontrollably. LOL 

You know, John Kerry got 2 purple hearts for that role

-------------

Time always wins.

Posted By: mystic fred
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 02:19
Both excellent but the Munsters were funnier, and great acting from "Thing"  LOL

-------------
Prog Archives Tour Van

Posted By: npjnpj
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 02:49

I prefer the Munsters, especially the first season. Later on they had some slapstick thrown in, which I don't care for all that much.

But I've always had a slight problem with the Addams Family: Alhough it was funny for a while, they always seemed to redo the same story: Unsuspecting stranger comes to the house and has the .... frightened out of him. The Munster stories were much more diverse.

Posted By: The Whistler
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 03:01
Damn...this is a question over which I myself have long wondered and struggled...usually I end up picking The Munsters though, since they are much cheesier. Which is a bonus. 

-------------
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson

Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 03:09
^ well you can't beat a pet dragon under the staircase

Posted By: The Whistler
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 03:32
Dragons under the staircase tend to beat out crewmen sticking their hands through a box most days of the week.

-------------
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson

Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 03:59
"Dragons under the staircase tend to beat out crewmen sticking their hands through a box most days of the week."     -- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Posted By: Syzygy
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 04:25
The Addams family for me, altogether darker and cleverer than the Munsters, although Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster) was an excellent comic actor who made The Munsters very watchable.

-------------
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Posted By: A Person
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 10:22
Originally posted by Syzygy Syzygy wrote:

The Addams family for me, altogether darker and cleverer than the Munsters, although Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster) was an excellent comic actor who made The Munsters very watchable.

When I read this post all I could think of was "they're altogether ooky, The Addams Family". LOL

Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 10:49
LOL

Posted By: Syzygy
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 11:11

Originally posted by Syzygy Syzygy wrote:

When I read this post all I could think of was "they're altogether ooky, The Addams Family". LOL
Fair play, The Munsters had a better theme tune.

-------------
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 11:45
The Munsters, due to my love for Universal Monster classics... The Addams were good, though.

I didn't like the Addams movie...

-------------

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 13:23
I grew up with both, Munsters were more campy.  I liked Addams more stylistically.  Don't ask why.

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 13:49
The Addams Family.
I won't even bother to give more points to my argumentation.

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 14:57
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

The Addams Family.
I won't even bother to give more points to my argumentation.

There's no need to argue something as important as the preference for one of these two defunct series... Tongue

-------------

Posted By: Chicapah
Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 16:13
Gotta go with the Munsters because I must've been watching something else when the Addams Family was on.  I can picture Herman groovin' on "Giant Hogweed" for some reason.

-------------
"Literature is well enough, as a time-passer, and for the improvement and general elevation and purification of mankind, but it has no practical value" - Mark Twain

Date Posted: March 11 2010 at 20:19
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

The Munsters, due to my love for Universal Monster classics... The Addams were good, though.

I didn't like the Addams movie...

Angelica Houston is a good actress, but she just did not have the sex appeal which is necessary to play Morticia

-------------

Posted By: Sacred 22
Date Posted: March 12 2010 at 01:41
I lean towards the Adams Family, but I do like the Munsters as well.
It's been ages since I last saw either of them.

Posted By: jampa17
Date Posted: March 12 2010 at 11:25
Munsters for me, the plot was better, just monsters trying to live a regular life. While the Addams were creepy weird people with a lot of issues in their heads. But Morticia was a lot more sexy than Lilly. No matter, at the end, Munsters for me, easily...

-------------
Change the program inside... Stay in silence is a crime.

Date Posted: March 12 2010 at 16:54

The Munsters as a family unit were a sham; either Herman is covering up his deep inner depression and anger over his wife's obvious adultery or he was given a poor quality brain and Lily is taking complete advantage of that by making him pay for some punk Werewolf's b*****d son.

^ hey, we have self censoring posts now, we can go nuts!LOL

-------------

Time always wins.

Posted By: CinemaZebra
Date Posted: March 13 2010 at 17:58
I never liked The Munsters and I've always loved The Addams Family so that's my vote. Gomez FTW

Posted By: AtomicCrimsonRush
Date Posted: May 06 2010 at 10:02

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk