Forum Description: Discuss and create polls about all types of music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67966
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 21:35
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Obsidian Conspiracy
Posted By: JJLehto
Subject: The Obsidian Conspiracy
Date Posted: June 02 2010 at 18:36
By one the best bands out there, (and still not on here but I wont bitch about that). Wasn't due to release in the US till June 8th, but my music store had it today!
Only gave it a quick listen but my god, this music is brilliant and Van Williams is one of the best drummers in metal, that probably no one knows.

Replies:
Posted By: Dorsalia
Date Posted: June 02 2010 at 18:43
I am waiting to get my hands on that CD. Problem is, I have to order it online and the shipping costs can be a bitch. Plus, what I order doesn't always get to me. The workers of the Chilean postal service have yet to prove they can be trusted.

U.U

-------------
"Es ist übrigens unmöglich, eine Meinung zu haben, ohne dass es unerfreuliche Überschneidungen gibt. Die Grünen sind für den deutschen Wald, die NPD ebenfalls."

Date Posted: June 02 2010 at 20:25
Ouch, sorry to hear that!
Well, hope you can manage to get your hands on it. Also, from a quick listen through (too busy to really sit down and listen) it seems less progressive then others, a lot thrashier. But it's there, no doubt.

Posted By: Petrovsk Mizinski
Date Posted: June 03 2010 at 05:46
Nevermore seem to deliver exceptionally good song writing album after album and have been doing so since Dead Heart In a Dead World IMO, and this album is no exception.
No, it ain't as "prog" as This Godless Endeavor, but I don't care really. The songs are good and that's what matters.

-------------

Posted By: angelmk
Date Posted: June 03 2010 at 08:18
The Obsidian Conspiracy rocks. One of the year's best so far. I also wonder why this band isn't in the archives yet. 

-------------
www.last.fm/user/angelmk

Posted By: Dorsalia
Date Posted: June 03 2010 at 13:19
Originally posted by Petrovsk Mizinski Petrovsk Mizinski wrote:

Nevermore seem to deliver exceptionally good song writing album after album and have been doing so since Dead Heart In a Dead World IMO, and this album is no exception.
No, it ain't as "prog" as This Godless Endeavor, but I don't care really. The songs are good and that's what matters.

I can't see why you wouldn't include Dreaming Neon Black.

Of course, I love everything they've released except for the first one and Enemies of Reality, which I find kind of lacklustre at times. 

-------------
"Es ist übrigens unmöglich, eine Meinung zu haben, ohne dass es unerfreuliche Überschneidungen gibt. Die Grünen sind für den deutschen Wald, die NPD ebenfalls."

Posted By: TheClosing
Date Posted: June 03 2010 at 13:52
Originally posted by Dorsalia Dorsalia wrote:

Originally posted by Petrovsk Mizinski Petrovsk Mizinski wrote:

I can't see why you wouldn't include Dreaming Neon Black.

Of course, I love everything they've released except for the first one and Enemies of Reality, which I find kind of lacklustre at times. 
Agreed, but I'd add this record in with the lackluster pile. A few good tracks, but nothing we haven't heard the band do before. I actually find it to be a step backwards from Godless. Kind of expected as much since I was wondering how they were going to top it after hearing it. After five years this just seems like a lot of the juice has run dry. 

Posted By: aapatsos
Date Posted: June 03 2010 at 14:29
not impressed at first, but is slowly growing on me

certainly more direct, shorter tracks, and probably less ''prog'' - however, the quality seems to be there

Date Posted: June 03 2010 at 14:35
Originally posted by angelmk angelmk wrote:

The Obsidian Conspiracy rocks. One of the year's best so far. I also wonder why this band isn't in the archives yet. 

Yeah, I brought it up once a few years ago (Nevermore for consideration) and was shot down. Usually  I mess around on here but I was serious about it, maybe I'll try again....

And as a metal head I dont mind that its less prog, just figured its worth a mention. But yes, its another great album. All the albums I have from them, (which is all but one) are GREAT. And this godless endeavor is perfection. Amazing band

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk