Print Page | Close Window

Porcupine Tree - "Recordings" Finally reissued

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog News, Press Releases
Forum Description: Submit press releases, news , new releases, prog music news and other interesting things happening in the world of progressive music (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69791
Printed Date: April 17 2024 at 20:10
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Porcupine Tree - "Recordings" Finally reissued
Posted By: johnobvious
Subject: Porcupine Tree - "Recordings" Finally reissued
Date Posted: July 30 2010 at 21:09
Been waiting forever.  Finally happening.

7/29/2010

Recordings now available

The last major missing piece of the Porcupine Tree back catalogue is finally available again. "Recordings" was originally compiled in 2000 in order to help finance a tour, and although it is mainly a collection of leftover songs from Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun, the band and many fans consider it to be every bit as strong as these albums. It includes favourites such as Buying New Soul, Disappear, Ambulance Chasing, and the full 14 minute version of Even Less. Recordings will be reissued on 23rd August by KScope, faithful to the original edition, but in a digibook sleeve. It's available for pre-order at the http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/collection/169/2268/ - PT Store now.

-------------
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday

Replies:
Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: July 30 2010 at 22:24
Nice.

I'll certainly be buying this. New (to me) PT that won't be blahseh. Woo!

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Easy Livin
Date Posted: July 31 2010 at 03:24
This "outtakes" album is often rated more highly than most bands main albums. Great to see it being re--released. Have a look at the glowing reviews on the PT page on this site.

Date Posted: July 31 2010 at 07:40
EL, The glowing reviews on the site has been what has had me slobbering over this for years.  He certainly took his time with the last of his reissues but good things come for those that wait, or so they say.Smile

-------------

Posted By: rushaholic
Date Posted: July 31 2010 at 10:09
Mixed feelings about this one.

I am happy for those who have not had a chance to own this one.  However, I am one of the 20,000 owners of the first release and have always prized this CD and its exclusivity.

Fortunately though, I bought it many years ago for $15, not the $100 or so that it goes for on eBay.

Happy listening.

Posted By: Easy Livin
Date Posted: July 31 2010 at 10:13
Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

EL, The glowing reviews on the site has been what has had me slobbering over this for years.  He certainly took his time with the last of his reissues but good things come for those that wait, or so they say.Smile

Indeed John, you'll find it was definitely worth the wait!

Posted By: Queen By-Tor
Date Posted: July 31 2010 at 10:17
Can't wait for this one

Posted By: The Monodrone
Date Posted: July 31 2010 at 10:38
It's gonna be great.  I've only heard 2 tracks from it, and those were all live.  It's gonna be nice to hear some studio versions.

The full version of Even Less=Big smile.

-------------

Posted By: Tony R
Date Posted: July 31 2010 at 13:04
Ordered mine. Approve

Posted By: Keyspoet
Date Posted: August 07 2010 at 12:58
This is great! 

I lucked out and managed to pick up a copy of the original pressing without breaking the bank, though it took a number of tries before I did manage it. 

Now, though, I can finally get a copy for my sister, since I know she will be as nuts for it as I am.  ;-)

Can't wait for Radio City Music Hall on 24 September!!!

Date Posted: August 07 2010 at 13:24
Amazon U.S. has it up for retail of $15.98 with free shipping and available Sept 14. 

You can buy it used from anywhere between $79.99 and $239.64.

Or you can buy a supposed new copy of the original pressing for either $387.89 or $448.47.  Hope they choke on them come Sept 14.

-------------

Date Posted: August 07 2010 at 15:21
Personally, I prefer buying from the band's sites, as they get to keep more of the proceeds that way.  My own way of ensuring that they make music for many years to come.  ;-)

http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/collection/169/2268/

I'll be buying the new reissue even though I have an original, both because I prefer digipacks, and because I am a completist when it comes to all things Steven Wilson.  And I don't believe that this will, in the end, lower the value of the originals - they will remain the rare first pressings they have always been.

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: August 08 2010 at 08:45
Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

Amazon U.S. has it up for retail of $15.98 with free shipping and available Sept 14. 

You can buy it used from anywhere between $79.99 and $239.64.

Or you can buy a supposed new copy of the original pressing for either $387.89 or $448.47.  Hope they choke on them come Sept 14.

Yeah, I hate those devious b*****ds that offer out of print crap at exorbitant prices.

Bloody hell, not another PT album I need to get. LOL

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: Nightfly
Date Posted: August 08 2010 at 09:03
About time! It seems like forever ago I first heard of this being re-released. Still better late than never and one I'm looking forward to hearing. An order from me is a dead cert.

Date Posted: September 07 2010 at 18:22
Placed my order today.  After waiting so many years, will it live up to the hype?

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2010 at 23:06
<Placed my order today.  After waiting so many years, will it live up to the hype?>

I don't think you'll be disappointed - it has always been one of my favorite PT albums, and I especially love the full versions of Buying New Soul and Even Less. 

The whole album is a winner.  Enjoy!!!  ;-)

Cori

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk