Forum Description: Create polls on topics not related to music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71432
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 17:47
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Italian Food V. Mexican Food
Posted By: The Truth
Subject: Italian Food V. Mexican Food
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 10:42
Whenever it comes to deciding between these two types of food I have a humongous internal war.  Both are great in their own special ways and I love both with all my heart.  However, Mexican food wins by a small margin. Tongue What about you? Big smile

-------------
http://blindpoetrecords.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow">

Replies:
Posted By: LinusW
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 10:43
Like both, but far from equally...Italian food is just paradise. 

Posted By: Finnforest
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 10:48
Both about equally.  Mexican raises hell with my stomach though, so I have to tread carefully.  Heartburn sucks.  

-------------

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 11:16
Pasta is the world's most boring food, it's boiled dull with a big dollop of dull thrown at it that requires grating cheese that smells like old socks in a attempt to lift it above dull to dull that smells of old socks. Pizza equally as dull, but with the added incentive of completely tasteless and overcooked "bread" to compliment a topping that you wouldn't put in a midweek sandwich unless you were desperately hungry and a cheese that has neither smell nor taste but is added for the sole reason that it melts nicely and goes stringy (for about five minutes and then it's just cold and oily blandness of indeterminate texture). Both pasta and pizza suffer from one overriding simularity that makes any meal a chore - the first mouthful tastes exactly the same as the last mouthful except it gets progressively colder as the meal progresses until by the last mouthful all you have is congealed lump of dull (on inedible bread in the case of pizza) - yum. The only advantage to pizza and pasta is that any fool can make it and its remarkably difficult to screw up ... many resturants (even in Italy) must put a lot of effort into making sure they do.

However, Italian cuisine is some of the finest food in the world - I just never order pasta or pizza.

-------------
What?

Posted By: Icarium
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 12:05
^ I tend to see both pasta and pizza as food made by geniuses for a purpose that you can have anything your imgaintation and knowledge desires to make a good sauce, be it bolognaise, carbonara, napoli, seafood, tuna, anchovies, plain pasta with pesto, or maccaroni n cheese and sousages, tomato sauce, garlic and black pepper.

Pizzas the same, you can simply put annything tasty on it (it have to be some logic), the best one are those made in a stone owen, I realy like pizzas with scampi, anchovies, olivs, or hawiian, mexicana Wink

but I also realy like Mexican food, been their once and they serve wonderfull meals, spicy yet tasty, and every birthday party is saved if you have prepared Taco 

-------------

Posted By: WalterDigsTunes
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 12:09
Its been my experience that the textural weirdness of Mexican food gets transmogrified into dull poot in the US, and I assume the same happens to Italian food. I've had Mexican food in Mexico, but I've yet to try Italian food in Italy. Until I taste the traditional originals in their normal context, no vote from me.

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 12:25
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Both about equally.  Mexican raises hell with my stomach though, so I have to tread carefully.  Heartburn sucks.  

This. I love both, but I'm never without Rennie tablets!

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: Drew
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 12:49
I like spending less time on the toilet so.............

-------------

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 12:53
Thanks for the totally indecisive option in your poll.  When it comes to the world cuisines, I am just happy for all the variety, and that I can eat many of them out (no joking) Tongue  in my area, and get the ingredients at local farmers markets.

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: Drew
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 12:59
I agree, variety is the key. I could not stand eating just one or two types of food. 

Anyone else really into Indian food?Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Finnforest
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 13:04
Love Indian, and Vietnamese too.  Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 13:20
real mexican food is some of the most awesome food ever

Posted By: zappaholic
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 13:30
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Love Indian, and Vietnamese too.  Big smile

AYE, lads!  Thumbs UpClapRawks

/re the poll: Mexican by a slight margin

-------------
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken

Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 13:34
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

real mexican food is some of the most awesome food ever

Exactly, luckily the town I live in has great Mexican food although it's small.

-------------

Posted By: spookytooth
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 13:52
I don't really like Mexican food that much (yeah, I'm one of those people). Gotta go with Italian on this one.

-------------

Would you like some Bailey's?

Posted By: jammun
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 14:09
Mexican.  I could (and sometimes do) live on tortillas, cheese, avocados, jalapenos, salsa, and tequila for weeks at a time.

-------------
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.

Posted By: Falx
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 21:18
Italian. I prefer Spanish to Mexican.

-------------
"You must go beyond the limit of the limit of your limits!" - Mr. Doctor
"It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits of our abilities do not exist." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 21:20
Love both
But the Italian in me can never go against Italian food!

It is my favorite type of food, I could live off that stuff.
Mexican is great though.

Posted By: progkidjoel
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 21:21
Originally posted by LinusW LinusW wrote:

Like both, but far from equally...Italian food is just paradise. 

-------------

Posted By: thellama73
Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 21:30
Well, when I was in Italy I had some of the best food of my life, but here in the States I far prefer Mexican food.

-------------

Date Posted: September 18 2010 at 21:32
Originally posted by thellama73 thellama73 wrote:

Well, when I was in Italy I had some of the best food of my life, but here in the States I far prefer Mexican food.

What's really interesting is debt that Italian owes to Mexican in terms of vegetable ingredients. Big smile

We have lots of great Taquerías in our area, Tex-Mex, Peruvian, etc.  Oddly enough, good Italian has largely vanished.  Screw it, sometime you just have to make it yourself. LOL

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Date Posted: September 19 2010 at 05:05
Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

^ I tend to see both pasta and pizza as food made by geniuses for a purpose that you can have anything your imgaintation and knowledge desires to make a good sauce, be it bolognaise, carbonara, napoli, seafood, tuna, anchovies, plain pasta with pesto, or maccaroni n cheese and sousages, tomato sauce, garlic and black pepper.
Even if I live forever I will never understand macaroni cheese - aside from being dullness incarnate - why only macaroni, why not any other pasta? - why is the dish defined by the shape that the flour and water dough has been formed into? And don't give me that different pasta's hold the sauce differently rubbish - why not penne'n'cheese or cavatappi'n'cheese? There is nothing genius about boiled flour and water paste.

Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

Pizzas the same, you can simply put annything tasty on it (it have to be some logic), the best one are those made in a stone owen, I realy like pizzas with scampi, anchovies, olivs, or hawiian, mexicana Wink
In an Italian restaurant in London I once ordered a sea-food pizza and it was served shell-on - I've never seen anything quite so Censored ridiculous as prawns, clams and mussels cooked in their shells on a pizza covered in tomato sauce and melted cheese - yes, that's the work of a genius, when any fool can make pizza but it takes special skill and effort to fCensoredk it up so badly that you can't physically eat it.

Another occasion in another restaurant in another town I ordered mexican hot pizza - when it was served there was three tiny pieces of pepperoni and not a jalapeños pepper in sight. It was only on taking the first bite I discovered that they had covered the topping in a tablespoonful of raw chili powder. When I complained to the owner he told me that if I couldn't handle hot food I shouldn't have ordered it - I told him the heat wasn't the problem and that if he had used fresh or preserved jalapeños or flaked chili or chili oil there wouldn't have been a problem but raw chili powder that hasn't "cooked-through" was simply unpleasant to eat to the point of being inedible and if he couldn't serve-up something as simple as cheese on toast with tree miserable slices of pepperoni without screwing it up he shouldn't be in business. I then asked him to try a fork-full of my pizza, at first he refused but I insisted - I don't think he chewed and I'm certain he didn't swallow, but his face went scarlet and tears welled in his eyes - he quickly took my plate away and stormed off to the kitchen, returning 10 minutes later with a fresh pizza covered in pepperoni, apologising that they had run out of jalapeños and that the chef had made a mistake in putting chili powder on the pizza.

Pizza is the only food where people reguarily don't clear the plate and no one hardly ever wants the last slice. And quite why people ask for a doggy-bag to take home their half-eaten pizza is beyond my comprehension.

No, pizza is not the work of genius, its lazy food, lazily prepared and lazily cooked for lazy people - it contains no imagination, flair or finess - at best it is a snack food, but other nations do starch-based snack food so much better, even the style over substance of sushi and sashimi (which is all too often served too cold to actually taste anything) or the brute-force of a burrito.

The Italians are great cooks and produce some excellent food, but pizza and pasta don't figure on my list of great Italian meals.

-------------
What?

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: September 19 2010 at 05:17
wow, the Great Dean Pizza Rant of 2010 -- sounds like you've had it bad.  Having eaten 'Italian' and 'American' food in Britain, I sympathize.  Come to NY or SF and have some real pie ..  but yeah, there's sad excuses for pizza everywhere

Date Posted: September 19 2010 at 06:15
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

wow, the Great Dean Pizza Rant of 2010 -- sounds like you've had it bad.  Having eaten 'Italian' and 'American' food in Britain, I sympathize.  Come to NY or SF and have some real pie ..  but yeah, there's sad excuses for pizza everywhere

I have eaten a pizza in Italy (once) and it was equally as disappointing and I have eaten pizza in SF that failed to impress (ate some great seafood though). I've never visited NY, but on my many trips to Texas the plethora of excellent mexican, texican and cajun restaurants push the pizza-parlour way down the list of places I'd choose to eat.

The call "Let's go out for pizza" always makes my heart sink into despair, but I will order calzone in the rare instances that it appears on a menu, even if it is impossible to eat a whole one and the "crust" remains uneaten on my plate. 

-------------
What?

Date Posted: September 19 2010 at 11:32
I was gunna say....come to NYC or the metro area and have some great Italian food but looks like Dean is pretty settled in his opinion. Cry

Date Posted: September 19 2010 at 11:35
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

I was gunna say....come to NYC or the metro area and have some great Italian food but looks like Dean is pretty settled in his opinion. Cry

So whose Italian do yo like better NY or NJ's?

-------------

Posted By: akamaisondufromage
Date Posted: September 19 2010 at 11:37
Pizza is great it's not gordonblur cooking but I still love pizza.  I'm sure it was only invented as fast food anyway.  But I do prefer Mexican food (Frijoles and huevosWink fritos)

-------------
Help me I'm falling!

Posted By: crimhead
Date Posted: September 19 2010 at 13:44
Equally. I love both foods. Hard to leave either restaurant feeling hungry.

Thankfully Yum foods hasn't ruined Italian food like they have Mexican food with Taco Bell. Fast food and Italian don't mix.

Posted By: memowakeman
Date Posted: September 19 2010 at 22:45
Well, I am used to Mexican food, and I really love it. However I also love Italian one. No vote here, since a live in Mexico and eat almost everyday Mexican food.

-------------

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman

Date Posted: September 20 2010 at 07:02
If I had to guess, you guys are the number one consumers of Mexican food in the world. LOL

-------------

Posted By: WalterDigsTunes
Date Posted: September 20 2010 at 22:30
http://www.theonion.com/articles/us-leads-world-in-mexicanfood-availability,3322/ - http://www.theonion.com/articles/us-leads-world-in-mexicanfood-availability,3322/

Date Posted: September 20 2010 at 22:32
I've also been told that "tacos" are really an American thing and tacos in Mexico are bad.

No idea about either of those though

Posted By: KoS
Date Posted: September 20 2010 at 23:44

I've also been told that "tacos" are really an American thing and tacos in Mexico are bad.

Are you channeling moshkito there?

I'll take tacos al pastor over any pasta dish.

Posted By: Evolutionary Sleeper
Date Posted: September 21 2010 at 00:18
Originally posted by KoS KoS wrote:

Are you channeling moshkito there?

I'll take tacos al pastor over any pasta dish.

My gawd those look amazing. mmmmmmmm...

Mexican food for me as well, easily.

-------------

Posted By: June
Date Posted: September 22 2010 at 05:33
Mmm... I went with Italian, but I think I should have gone Mexican, despite the number it sometimes does on my stomach. It's just so freaking tasty.

Date Posted: September 22 2010 at 06:49
Originally posted by akamaisondufromage akamaisondufromage wrote:

Pizza is great it's not gordonblur cooking but I still love pizza.  I'm sure it was only invented as fast food anyway.  But I do prefer Mexican food (Frijoles and huevosWink fritos)

Just beware of the gordonramsey cooking.  It curses at you. Tongue

By the way in response to some of the other posts above, crunchy shell tacos are a US invention, the tacos pictured above are the real deal and usually real good.

-------------

Posted By: Ruby900
Date Posted: September 29 2010 at 08:23
Splinters in the bum with this one, as I love them both. In fact I just loooooooove food......

-------------
"I always say that it’s about breaking the rules. But the secret of breaking rules in a way that works is understanding what the rules are in the first place". Rick Wakeman

Posted By: GY!BE
Date Posted: September 29 2010 at 19:04
Mexican all the way!

-------------
It is all a dream, a dream in death...

Posted By: krishl
Date Posted: December 07 2010 at 16:28
Mexican.  More specifically, New Mexican.  
Red or Green?
Christmas.

Posted By: Chela
Date Posted: December 15 2010 at 23:44
There's times when I need spaghetti or pasta, and there's times when I NEED tortillas and birria, but the Mexican food always reigns over Italian. Mmm, tamales...

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: December 16 2010 at 00:43
good Italian is hard to beat but what I love about Mexican, aside from the delicious flavors, is the contrasts between cold and hot, cooked and raw, spicy and mild

Posted By: clarkpegasus4001
Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 13:53
Gotta love Italian....

-------------
Tony C.

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 14:43
http://gizmodo.com/5742413/this-is-what-really-hides-in-taco-bells-beef" rel="nofollow - - Yum.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 14:56
Sick

Posted By: Lark the Starless
Date Posted: February 02 2011 at 12:25

This is SO SO tough.

I absolutely adore both, but I'm going to vote for my parent's homeland, Mexico. Headbanger

-------------

Date Posted: February 02 2011 at 12:30
I forgot I even started this poll. LOL

-------------

Posted By: Lark the Starless
Date Posted: February 02 2011 at 12:33
Originally posted by The Truth The Truth wrote:

Quite the tough one too LOL

-------------

Date Posted: February 02 2011 at 18:32
Originally posted by The Truth The Truth wrote:

Too busy eating Italian and Mexican?  Food that is. Tongue

Date Posted: February 02 2011 at 19:04
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

http://gizmodo.com/5742413/this-is-what-really-hides-in-taco-bells-beef" rel="nofollow - - Yum.

Like that couldn't have been guessed.

-------------
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken

Date Posted: February 02 2011 at 19:16
Originally posted by zappaholic zappaholic wrote:

Uhm, Taco Bell isn't Mexican and even isn't especially Tex-Mexican.  If you've ever had Taco Bell "taco meat" you'll know it's too much like goo.  I mean for Chissakes they've used the term carne asada beef.  Carne asada is beef so it's only fair to assume their carne asada beef isn't really beef either.  Even the nacho cheese is not yo cheese.

I do have a confession to make.  Since my I got my new job I have picked up stuff from there on a regular basis because they, that's right they (there are two within close proximity to my office), because it's cheap and fast.  I feel so ashamed. EmbarrassedLOL

-------------

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: February 02 2011 at 20:07
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Uhm, Taco Bell isn't Mexican and even isn't especially Tex-Mexican.  If you've ever had Taco Bell "taco meat" you'll know it's too much like goo.  I mean for Chissakes they've used the term carne asada beef.  Carne asada is beef so it's only fair to assume their carne asada beef isn't really beef either.  Even the nacho cheese is not yo cheese.

beat me to it

Posted By: Easy Money
Date Posted: February 02 2011 at 20:52
you gotta beef with our carne asada!

Posted By: Easy Money
Date Posted: February 02 2011 at 20:56
^ try that on someone doing acid, they won't laugh, but they will be stuck for half an hour thinking of the different ways that could be taken.

Date Posted: February 03 2011 at 05:07

Uhm, Taco Bell isn't Mexican and even isn't especially Tex-Mexican

I never meant to suggest it was.

-------------

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: February 03 2011 at 09:25
This is an extremely difficult poll....

If Italian s often reduced to pizza  & pasta, it's generally much more than the cliché found in restaurants (my fave dish would be Saltimboca ala romana), but I generally include in Mexican cuisine, the Tex-Mex and Andean cuisines (Peru, Chili, Columbian)

So overall,  I find these two cuisines tied for second place behind the Belgo-French cuisine (it's fairly hard to differentiate the two, so I made it one)

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Posted By: The Monodrone
Date Posted: February 03 2011 at 09:41
Definitely Italian. My favorite kind of food.

-------------

Posted By: let prog reign
Date Posted: February 06 2011 at 18:30
As an american I have to say  mexican, but I do love Italian pasta

-------------
Once upon a time there was some writing on the wall we all ignored, until the time that there was war and feasts of famine at our door

Posted By: NecronCommander
Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 17:39
Italian food by a mile.  I just love all kinds of spicy Italian meats, cheeses, and pasta dishes.  The Italians know how to eat well.

-------------

Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 17:46
I also forgot to mention, the two blend well. Many dishes of Spain seem like a sort of combination between Mexican and Italian cuisine, likely because that's the culture.

-------------

Posted By: Icarium
Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 18:06
well it is after all Latin-american

-------------

Posted By: The Pessimist
Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 18:21

Wouldn't expect anything less from fast food. McDonald's, Burger King, KFC... I imagine they all use similar methods.

Onto the OP, I really dig Mexican food. But I've been to Rome twice now, and both times the highlight was the native food. Now bearing in mind the city is mindblowing in every aspect by most standards (incredible history, well-preserved, shopping in world class, great sport, great climate, busy as hell...), I think that puts Italian food very high on my favourites list! It's gotta be from Italy though

-------------
"Market value is irrelevant to intrinsic value."

Arnold Schoenberg

Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 20:13
Well, for those who enjoy the stereotypical Italian and Mexican dishes I highly encourage you explore further.  You will be richly rewarded.

-------------

Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 20:43

Well, for those who enjoy the stereotypical Italian and Mexican dishes I highly encourage you explore further.  You will be richly rewarded.
Absolutely - after all pasta is just boiled wet flour, pizza is a toasted cheese sandwich and chilli con carne is as Mexican as a polar bear is Wink.

-------------
What?

Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 21:48
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Absolutely - after all pasta is just boiled wet flour, pizza is a toasted cheese sandwich and chilli con carne is as Mexican as a polar bear is Wink.

My wife is a pastaholic.  You'd better hope she doesn't visit this site and read that. Tongue  And yes I do enjoy my toasted cheese sandwiches and the chilli soup/stew/whateverthehellitis. 

When it comes to Mexican, I like me a good ceviche, never had a mole (haven't figured out how to do that accent mark, I don't mean the earth digging rodent which I haven't had either.)   Kind of hard to come up with Italian that isn't some form of pizza or pasta and I'd love to be corrected on this.  Two of my favorite veggie dishes from an Italian cookbook I have have is a carrots Marsala and a simple sauteed broccoli with garlic and olive oil.

-------------

Posted By: Fox On The Rocks
Date Posted: May 27 2012 at 11:58
Yay for necroposting! Party
I love Italian food. Spaghetti w/ meatballs and a Caesar salad on the side. mmmm.. Thumbs Up 

-------------

Posted By: darkshade
Date Posted: May 27 2012 at 12:02
This is tough. I love both. I think I like Italian food just a LITTLE more.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/MysticBoogy" rel="nofollow - My Last.fm

Posted By: smartpatrol
Date Posted: May 27 2012 at 13:57
I spent my first 11 years in southern Texas, where they have the best Mexican food, and now I live in St.Louis where they have really good italian.
THIS IS HARD!
I guess Mexican sence I grew up loving it. Although, the Mexican here is sh*t compared to Tex-Mex

-------------
http://bit.ly/1kqTR8y" rel="nofollow">

The greatest record label of all time!

Date Posted: May 27 2012 at 14:11
Originally posted by smartpatrol smartpatrol wrote:

I spent my first 11 years in southern Texas, where they have the best Mexican food, and now I live in St.Louis where they have really good italian.
THIS IS HARD!
I guess Mexican sence I grew up loving it. Although, the Mexican here is sh*t compared to Tex-Mex

You ain't had Italian food unless you've been in the NYC tri-state area, or Italy itself.

-------------

Date Posted: May 27 2012 at 14:34
I can't believe how many times this thread has been bumped. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: May 27 2012 at 14:45
If Chinese food was an option, it'd be the trifecta of food wars.

-------------

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: May 27 2012 at 14:54
Mexican = good.
Italian = great.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Textbook
Date Posted: May 29 2012 at 06:37
Chinese food kinda sucks imo. Doesn't belong here. Remember that the stuff you eat in America isn't actual Chinese food, it's an Americanised version that doesn't really exist in mainland China where I've lived and worked for years. Authentic Chinese food = pretty crappy for the most part.

For me, the big battle is Italian vs Indian, though Turkish/Greek has been gaining ground.

Posted By: Flyingsod
Date Posted: June 01 2012 at 22:10
Since pasta feels like a fungus and is kinda flavorless I have to go with Mexican.

-------------

This space intentionally left blank

Posted By: garygreen
Date Posted: August 30 2012 at 01:55
The Italian food is really very delicious in taste. According to me, Italian food can't be compared with any other food.

Posted By: Moogtron III
Date Posted: August 30 2012 at 02:37
Italian food, no doubt.
Still, a good taco can be really delicious.

Posted By: Undercover Man
Date Posted: August 30 2012 at 04:02
Both are among my fav kinds of food, actually italian probably is my fav food, so i go with that.

Posted By: The Jester
Date Posted: August 30 2012 at 06:46
Viva Italia! LOL LOL
All of you that you don't like Italian food, have you ever try it in Italy? It has a huge difference you know!
Im not Italian, I love pizza, and I really hated it when i was in Italy! But pasta... That is whole subject for itself!
I am from Greece, I believe the Greek cuisine is one of the most balanced and most delicious in the world.
BUT, whenever I was travelling abroad and tried to eat in Greek restaurants it was never the same.
Anyway, that's not so important I guess... Tongue

-------------
If anybody wants please visit: http://www.gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/

This is my Blog mostly about Rock music, but also a few other things as well.

You are most welcome!

Thank you. :)

Posted By: The Jester
Date Posted: August 30 2012 at 06:50
Originally posted by Textbook Textbook wrote:

Chinese food kinda sucks imo. Doesn't belong here. Remember that the stuff you eat in America isn't actual Chinese food, it's an Americanised version that doesn't really exist in mainland China where I've lived and worked for years. Authentic Chinese food = pretty crappy for the most part.

For me, the big battle is Italian vs Indian, though Turkish/Greek has been gaining ground.

I totally agree! I like chinese food, but I know it has nothing to do with the original tastes that they have in China!
The ones we have here is a 'Western version' of it.
And that's a nice idea for a poll concearning food! Turkish Vs Greek cuisine!
I think I will set it up right now, and I will explain the reasons there...

-------------
If anybody wants please visit: http://www.gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/

This is my Blog mostly about Rock music, but also a few other things as well.

You are most welcome!

Thank you. :)

Posted By: Meta
Date Posted: August 30 2012 at 08:44
Sometimes I want Italian, but I often NEED Mexican.

-------------
http://www.heavymeta.net" rel="nofollow - Meta's Official Website

Posted By: Ytse_Jam
Date Posted: September 16 2012 at 16:37
Italian food is the best, of course Wink. And yes, you don't know what italian food is until you eat it in Italy. But I guess this happens with every exported culture around the world.

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: September 16 2012 at 16:43
Italian food > everybody else's

-------------

Posted By: Saperlipopette!
Date Posted: September 16 2012 at 17:05
Mexican is yummy, but there's hardly any country in the world that can match the Italians foodwise.

-------------

Date Posted: September 16 2012 at 17:16
In my opinion the Germans come very close to matching the Italians when it comes to cooking. And I'm not talking about Spätzle (which for a pasta, isn't that bad).

-------------
What?

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: September 16 2012 at 17:24
Sausage from Germania is amazing. The rest is ok.

-------------

Posted By: Ytse_Jam
Date Posted: September 23 2012 at 16:43

In my opinion the Germans come very close to matching the Italians when it comes to cooking. And I'm not talking about Spätzle (which for a pasta, isn't that bad).
I have to disagree... Apart wurstels, they have too much soups and spicy stuff.. And they eat pizza with STRAWBERRIES and FRUIT JAM... The italian cook inside me is having a heart attack...

Date Posted: September 23 2012 at 17:11
Originally posted by Ytse_Jam Ytse_Jam wrote:

I have to disagree... Apart wurstels, they have too much soups and spicy stuff.. And they eat pizza with STRAWBERRIES and FRUIT JAM... The italian cook inside me is having a heart attack...
Ermm I'm not quite sure how to put this...

-------------
What?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk