Print Page | Close Window

smash hit pop singles

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Polls
Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74574
Printed Date: February 25 2021 at 04:37
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: smash hit pop singles
Posted By: jean-marie
Subject: smash hit pop singles
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 12:35
my favrite one is aphrodite's child though i just love them all, witch one is your favorite,you can choose other bandsBig smile



Replies:
Posted By: harmonium.ro
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 12:37
I have only heard "Nights In White Satin" through the media channels that I've ever been exposed to. Are the other ones really that "smash" of a hit?


Posted By: Moogtron III
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 12:40
Wow, 4 great hit singles. Well chosen, Jean-Marie.
 
From these, I choose the Moodies.


Posted By: zravkapt
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 12:42
The one with the typo. That was maybe even a bigger smash than "Nights"


Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 12:43
Nice pollClap

Procol Harum just about beats The Moodies for me.


-------------
In Lazland, life is transient. Prog is permanent.


Posted By: jean-marie
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 12:45
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

I have only heard "Nights In White Satin" through the media channels that I've ever been exposed to. Are the other ones really that "smash" of a hit?
Is kobaia so far from europa?(for sure i'm joking )LOL


Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 13:00
Though not a hit in my corner of the planet, and I didn't hear it until decades after it was released, I thought I'd vote for Rain and Tears.

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"


Posted By: jean-marie
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 13:06
Originally posted by Progosopher Progosopher wrote:

Though not a hit in my corner of the planet, and I didn't hear it until decades after it was released, I thought I'd vote for Rain and Tears.
i was hoping about that progsopher!!!!Thumbs Up


Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 13:24
Procol Harum. The singles of Aphrodite's Child and the Moody Blues are way too sweet for my taste.

-------------


Posted By: ThinLizzy
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 13:50
Aphrodite's Child, because of their country.

-------------
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun


Posted By: jean-marie
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 13:51
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Procol Harum. The singles of Aphrodite's Child and the Moody Blues are way too sweet for my taste.
too sweet? you mean about the lyrics??cos about the music i don't hear any differenceConfused


Posted By: yanch
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 13:56
Procol Harem's Whiter Shade of Pale  for sure-great song! 


Posted By: akaBona
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 17:29
from these it's aphrodites child ...


Posted By: Prog Geo
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 17:40
Sympathy!!!Marillion's cover is wonderful.


Posted By: The Truth
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 17:41
Procol Harum's track is just about fantastic.

-------------
http://blindpoetrecords.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 17:42
Whiter Shade Of Pale for being about an LSD trip. Tongue

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...



Posted By: twosteves
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 17:46
Moodies---but Procol Harum a very close second


Posted By: jammun
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 17:56
And so it was that later...

-------------
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.


Posted By: friso
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 18:05
As a music therapist (in training) Night in White Satin is one of the few prog-related songs I can use. Voted for that.


Posted By: Saperlipopette!
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 18:07
For some reason I'm not allowed to vote in polls, so I'll contribute by being an annoying nitpicker instead. Here's the singles I know of released by the Moody Blues before Nights in White Satin. Go Now even got to no. 1.


1964 MOODY BLUES Lose Your Money (Pinder / Laine) b/w Steal Your Heart Away (Parker) (GB: Decca F11971)
1964 MOODY BLUES Go Now b/w It's Easy Child (GB: Decca F12022 / D: Decca DL25166 / US: London 9726)
1965 MOODY BLUES I Don't Want To Go On Without You b/w Time Is On My Side (Ragovoy) (GB: Decca F12095)
1965 MOODY BLUES From The Bottom Of My Heart b/w And My Baby's Gone (GB: Decca F12166 / US: London 9764)
1965 MOODY BLUES Every Day (Pinder / Laine) b/w You Don't (Pinder / Laine) (GB: Decca F12166 / US: London 9799)
1965 MOODY BLUES I'll Go Crazy (Brown) / And My Baby's Gone (Pinder / Laine) / It's Easy Child (Sandler / Bennett / Redd) / I Don't Want To Go On Without You (Berns / Wexler) (erschienen auf / released on: "MOODY BLUES - Go Now"; US: London LL 3428)
1966 MOODY BLUES Stop b/w Bye Bye Bird (US: London 9810)
1966 MOODY BLUES Boulevard De La Madeleine (Pinder / Laine) b/w This Is My House (Pinder / Laine) (GB: Decca F12498 / D: Decca DL25263)
1966 MOODY BLUES This Is My House b/w Boulevard De La Madeleine (US: London 1005)
1966 MOODY BLUES Go Now / Loose Your Money / I Don't Want To Go On Without You / Steal Your Heart Away (GB Decca DFE8622)
1966 MOODY BLUES Boulevard De La Madeleine / This Is My House / Life's Not Life / People Gotta Go (Pinder / Laine) (F Decca 457117)
1967 MOODY BLUES Life's Not Life (Pinder / Laine) b/w He Can Win (Pinder / Laine) (GB: Decca F12543)
  1967   MOODY BLUES                        Fly Me High / (Really Haven't) Got the Time
 
  1967   MOODY BLUES                        Love and Beauty / Leave This Man Alone




-------------


Posted By: jean-marie
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 19:09
Originally posted by Prog Geo Prog Geo wrote:

Sympathy!!!Marillion's cover is wonderful.
    I didn't know about a marillion's cover....i'm gonna search for it, thanks!!!Thumbs Up


Posted By: jean-marie
Date Posted: December 30 2010 at 19:15
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

For some reason I'm not allowed to vote in polls, so I'll contribute by being an annoying nitpicker instead. Here's the singles I know of released by the Moody Blues before Nights in White Satin. Go Now even got to no. 1.


1964 MOODY BLUES Lose Your Money (Pinder / Laine) b/w Steal Your Heart Away (Parker) (GB: Decca F11971)
1964 MOODY BLUES Go Now b/w It's Easy Child (GB: Decca F12022 / D: Decca DL25166 / US: London 9726)
1965 MOODY BLUES I Don't Want To Go On Without You b/w Time Is On My Side (Ragovoy) (GB: Decca F12095)
1965 MOODY BLUES From The Bottom Of My Heart b/w And My Baby's Gone (GB: Decca F12166 / US: London 9764)
1965 MOODY BLUES Every Day (Pinder / Laine) b/w You Don't (Pinder / Laine) (GB: Decca F12166 / US: London 9799)
1965 MOODY BLUES I'll Go Crazy (Brown) / And My Baby's Gone (Pinder / Laine) / It's Easy Child (Sandler / Bennett / Redd) / I Don't Want To Go On Without You (Berns / Wexler) (erschienen auf / released on: "MOODY BLUES - Go Now"; US: London LL 3428)
1966 MOODY BLUES Stop b/w Bye Bye Bird (US: London 9810)
1966 MOODY BLUES Boulevard De La Madeleine (Pinder / Laine) b/w This Is My House (Pinder / Laine) (GB: Decca F12498 / D: Decca DL25263)
1966 MOODY BLUES This Is My House b/w Boulevard De La Madeleine (US: London 1005)
1966 MOODY BLUES Go Now / Loose Your Money / I Don't Want To Go On Without You / Steal Your Heart Away (GB Decca DFE8622)
1966 MOODY BLUES Boulevard De La Madeleine / This Is My House / Life's Not Life / People Gotta Go (Pinder / Laine) (F Decca 457117)
1967 MOODY BLUES Life's Not Life (Pinder / Laine) b/w He Can Win (Pinder / Laine) (GB: Decca F12543)
  1967   MOODY BLUES                        Fly Me High / (Really Haven't) Got the Time
 
  1967   MOODY BLUES                        Love and Beauty / Leave This Man Alone


Congratulation for your avatar! very funny and very sexy,i just like itLOL


Posted By: Chela
Date Posted: January 02 2011 at 01:20
Wink Moody Blues


Posted By: Gandalff
Date Posted: January 02 2011 at 05:57
My sympathy belongs to Sympathy. Wink That´s not so chest-nutty song like the others, having an emotional charge, tension and gradation.

-------------
A Elbereth Gilthoniel
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!



Posted By: idlero
Date Posted: January 02 2011 at 07:27
Sympathy



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk