Printed Date: April 29 2024 at 11:42
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Indian or Chinese Food
Posted By: Slartibartfast
Subject: Indian or Chinese Food
Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 18:47
Lots of interesting dishes in these two. Big smile

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Replies:
Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 18:53
Indian by miles.

Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:11
Now, what is your favorite dish? 

I honestly am having a hard time picking one cuisine.

I'm giving a slight edge to India for the vegetarian dishes.  If any of you out there haven't had a dosa, have one at your first opportunity.

One of my Chinese favorites, Ma Po Bean Curd:
http://www.chinahighlights.com/image/news/ma-po-bean-curd.jpg

Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:22
I don't think I could pick just one. I go absolutely crazy at the lunch buffets. :)

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:25
Chinese easily.

And I don't particularly care for most chinese food either.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: spookytooth
Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:34
Oh wow, this is a though decision. I'm gonna need to think this over...both cuisines are so good! Ultimately, I would choose chinese food.
< style="height: 80px; width: 444px; border-top-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-left-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-right-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-bottom-color: rgba7, 0, 0, 0; border-top-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px">< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="auto" ed="ed">Detect language< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese (Simplified)< value="zh-TW">Chinese (Traditional)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="nl">Dutch< value="en" ed="ed">English< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="ht">Haitian Creole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="ko">Korean< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish
English (auto-detected) » English

-------------

Would you like some Bailey's?

Posted By: WalterDigsTunes
Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:36
Indian.

The last time I had chinese was probably a decade ago. It made me puke and I've had an aversion to it ever since.

Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:43
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

I don't think I could pick just one. I go absolutely crazy at the lunch buffets. :)

I never go to buffets as I can never eat all I can eat.  Tongue

I just remembered this now defunct Japanese buffet that one of my old bosses liked to treat me to.  They had a sign in most of the booths imploring you to eat the rice with the sushi.  LOL  Didn't have a great supply of nigiri though.  Had some nice hot dishes and of course miso soup.

Posted By: zappaholic
Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:47
I love Indian food.  I eat Chinese more frequently but that's only because there's more places around here (only one Indian place in the county).

I don't really consider Chinese food CHINESE though, because most of the dishes served in US Chinese restaurants were in fact invented in the US.  My go-to dishes are kung pao and Singapore rice noodles.

There's only one Indian place I've been to that has dosai, and that's a vegetarian place in Parma (Cleveland suburb) specializing in Southern Indian cuisine.  I have not ordered one, because how the hell do you eat that big ungainly thing?  Maybe I should watch and learn.....

Here's a question that goes hand in hand with the main question:  How spicy do you like it?

-------------
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken

Date Posted: January 25 2011 at 19:50
Originally posted by zappaholic zappaholic wrote:

I love Indian food.  I eat Chinese more frequently but that's only because there's more places around here (only one Indian place in the county).

I don't really consider Chinese food CHINESE though, because most of the dishes served in US Chinese restaurants were in fact invented in the US.  My go-to dishes are kung pao and Singapore rice noodles.

There's only one Indian place I've been to that has dosai, and that's a vegetarian place in Parma (Cleveland suburb) specializing in Southern Indian cuisine.  I have not ordered one, because how the hell do you eat that big ungainly thing?  Maybe I should watch and learn.....

Here's a question that goes hand in hand with the main question:  How spicy do you like it?

Mysore of course.  By the way, big fan of Singapore rice noodles, too.  Big smile

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever eaten a whole one in one sitting.  Reheats nicely in a toaster oven though.

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: Equality 7-2521
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 09:37
I'm not sure. I love Indian, but I've only really eaten American Chinese, not authentic Chinese.

-------------
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "

Posted By: Anthony H.
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 10:06
I love both, but Indian food is out of this world.

-------------

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 10:09
Italian for me please.

-------------

Posted By: Ivan_Melgar_M
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 10:15
I don't like curry, so it's obvious.

Iván

BTW: Peruvian Chinese food is the best in the world, I eaten Chinese in several country and none remotely compares, even when 99.99% of the people (including myself) eat it with fork and knife.

-------------

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 10:24
Love both, but I prefer Indian.

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: Hanyou
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 13:29
Chinese, by far.

I grew up with Indian food, and curry makes me sick.  While there is some good Indian food, I think I've just had too much of it.

Posted By: crimhead
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 13:44
Chinese for me. I'm surprised that it is not doing better.

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 13:46
Both totally suck. But at least there's some rice in Chinese. 

-------------

Posted By: Proletariat
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 14:00

Indian food is sooooo good! so much spice!!!

-------------
who hiccuped endlessly trying to giggle but wound up with a sob

Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 14:39
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

lolwut

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 14:46
Indo-chinese. 

Posted By: WalterDigsTunes
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 14:56

lolwut

x2

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 14:59
Originally posted by WalterDigsTunes WalterDigsTunes wrote:

lolwut
x2
Now you know I stand by my anti-eastern-food convictions.

-------------

Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 15:00
No, I meant the implication that there's no rice in Indian food.

Posted By: darkshade
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 15:31
are we talking American-Chinese or actual Chinese?

my vote probably wont change either way.Chinese.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/MysticBoogy" rel="nofollow - My Last.fm

Posted By: clarkpegasus4001
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 16:01
Indian....yum! Smile

-------------
Tony C.

Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 16:04
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

Indo-chinese. 

If I were to do another pair of Asian, who should I match Vietnamese up with?  Three come to mind: Korean, Japanese, and Thai.

Posted By: SaltyJon
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 16:16
Based on what I know, Indian.  I haven't even gotten to try any of the really spicy stuff yet, either. 

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Salty_Jon" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: The Truth
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 17:46
Indian is some of my least favorite food even though I love spicy stuff. Chinese is good unless it's too authentic. Take-out Chinese is good though.

-------------
http://blindpoetrecords.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 17:52
Having spent time in China.......it is sooo hard to eat at American Chinese restaurants.......but I much prefer Chinese cuisine for sure......meow.

-------------

Posted By: hobocamp
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 18:06
Chinese, but check back with me in an hour.

Posted By: jammun
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 18:28
Having had the good (mis)fortune to spend some time in India, I can say pretty much never want to eat Indian food again.  On the other hand, I've never spent any time in China.  There was a nice Chinese restaurant in the hotel I stayed at in Hyderabad.  The Chinese food there tasted pretty much like...Indian food...and had the same effect on the ol' GI tract.

-------------
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.

Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 19:01

I can only hope that was a joke.  Behold, the biryani:

Also: 

-------------
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken

Posted By: Ivan_Melgar_M
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 19:49

I understand Theo, I've been in almost all  South America and the two only countries in which I found people eat rice with lets say 70% of their food are Perú and Ecuador.

As a fact the main dish of Chinese Peruviab creole cuisine is Arroz Chaufa (wrongly named Peruvian Fried Rice)

Normally you make it with chicken and shrimps, but you can add the meat and saussages you wish, it always tastes good.

Mixed with 

Taypa: Has every meat (Fish, shrimps, chicken and pork) 

And a sweet dish, lake

Kam Lu Wantan (Wantons with everything)

Make a meal for 4

Iván

-------------

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 20:09
love both

I'm convinced I've never really had real Chinese cuisine though, and I live among a huge Asian population in Northern Cal; plenty of restaurants, few of them any good.   When I want Chinese, I forge-up the old wok, chop up some meat and veggies, make sure I have plenty of hot chilis, peanut oil and rice wine .. it's always better than takeout

Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 20:14
My wife used to work with some Chinese immigrants when we lived in DC - one time, they brought in some homemade fried rice.  I didn't have the pleasure of sampling it, but my wife said it was orders of magnitude better than anything she's ever had at a restaurant.

I probably have never had "real" Chinese food as well - I've been to some upscale places that will serve better than you'll get at your local hole-in-the-wall, but it's still pretty much the same Chinese-American fare, "inauthentic" to some degree.

Of course, the same could be true of Indian food I've had (restaurants only).

Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 20:22
We actually do have Chinese restaurants that serve authentic.  We make it at home, too.  Same with Indian. 

I'm surprised that Indian is still staying slightly ahead of Chinese.   It was probably about 15 years after my first Chinese before I tried Indian.  Didn't really like it the first time  Second time was the charm.

-------------

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 20:26
Vietnamese Tongue

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 22:40
Picture I took of a lunch I had in Fujian province on one of my trips.......This plate has a lot of rice in it...and some cute little critters known as honey bee larvae.

It was yummy!

ohh and sorry for the big pic...I figured it would be better life like LOL

-------------

Posted By: Equality 7-2521
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 22:43

The rice is one of my favorite parts of Indian food.

-------------
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "

Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 22:55
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

The rice is one of my favorite parts of Indian food.

Basmati rules. Headbanger

-------------

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 23:06
Yeah, I make basmati rice at home all the time.  It smells so dang good

Posted By: progkidjoel
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 23:37
Chinese all day errday.

-------------

Posted By: jammun
Date Posted: January 26 2011 at 23:43
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Picture I took of a lunch I had in Fujian province on one of my trips.......This plate has a lot of rice in it...and some cute little critters known as honey bee larvae.

It was yummy!

ohh and sorry for the big pic...I figured it would be better life like LOL
Skipping the pic.  I actually prefer my maggots in Taco Bell beef Wink

-------------
Can you tell me where we're headin'?
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon.

Date Posted: January 27 2011 at 00:16
another Basmati user here--  I used to make the long grain but I now much prefer the narrow, split-grain of basmati

Posted By: Billy Pilgrim
Date Posted: January 31 2011 at 04:02
Curry, vindaloo, popadoms, tiki masala. Indian food.

Posted By: clarke2001
Date Posted: January 31 2011 at 07:59
Originally posted by Anthony H. Anthony H. wrote:

I love both, but Indian food is out of this world.

Exactly this.

-------------
https://japanskipremijeri.bandcamp.com/album/perkusije-gospodine" rel="nofollow - Percussion, sir!

Posted By: Moogtron III
Date Posted: January 31 2011 at 08:54
Chinese, although my favourite dishes in Chinese restaurants have an Indonesian name (and probably background): babi pangang, bami goreng. Maybe a Dutch (/ Belgian) thing, because Indonesia is a former Dutch colony? Most of Chinese restaurants in Holland are Chin. / Ind. anyway (Chinese / Indian, the latter being meant as Indonesian (East-Indies)).

I also like Ku Lu Yuk a lot, or whatever you call it in English.

Posted By: Guzzman
Date Posted: January 31 2011 at 10:44
Indian, I think. Or could it be Chinese? I voted for Indian to get the poll back into balance!

-------------
"We've got to get in to get out"

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: February 03 2011 at 09:17
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Lots of interesting dishes in these two. Big smile

Naaah, the most of the dishes you find in "chinese" restaurants are simply not chinese... and I'm hungry two hours after eating chinese

Indian is probably the proggiest cuisine in terms od spices, so it wins hands down.

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Posted By: willamalex800
Date Posted: April 01 2011 at 22:59
INDIAN RESTURANT IN ORLANDO

http://www.tablabar.com" rel="nofollow - Tabla Bar & Grill welcomes you to embark on a culinary journey as you enjoy the ultimate dining experience, including food, wine, and liquor. 

Posted By: The Truth
Date Posted: April 01 2011 at 23:35
Chinese by a small margin. Personally, I love Merkanized Chinese food.

-------------
http://blindpoetrecords.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Icarium
Date Posted: April 02 2011 at 04:07
Originally posted by The Truth The Truth wrote:

Chinese by a small margin. Personally, I love Merkanized Chinese food.

ah like a crossover dish, hmm, love when that is possible,

most of the food in the indian resturants in England and Norway or most probably Punjab or Pakistani, north indian cuisine

-------------

Posted By: Chris S
Date Posted: April 02 2011 at 05:03
Damn voted for Indian and it says I have already voted...must be repeating on mePinch

-------------
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: April 02 2011 at 12:27
Chinese. Though I would like to try more Indian cuisine, what I've had is pretty good. 

Posted By: Formentera Lady
Date Posted: April 09 2011 at 06:07
mmmm ...... both so good! It's lunch time!
What do I do: Ku-Lu-Yuk or Tandoori Chicken? Pork today, so it is Ku-Lu-Yuk this time!

Posted By: topographicbroadways
Date Posted: April 11 2011 at 05:44
Chinese could win just for the rice. But i always go for Indian.

-------------

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: April 11 2011 at 06:23
Originally posted by Chris S Chris S wrote:

Damn voted for Indian and it says I have already voted...must be repeating on mePinch

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: April 11 2011 at 06:28
Indian for me every time - I do like Chinese food (double cooked kung po pork is my favorite, there), but there's just something about the variety of flavours & spicing in Indian food which just gets those taste buds going 10 to the dozen.

Hot & sour Dhansak chicken, basmati rice with cloves, a good dhal + a couple of chapatis on the side... what could be better, eh?

Aha - appears my vote for Indian food has again squared the poll.

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: April 11 2011 at 08:03
Indian food. A good lamb masala with onion kulcha, samosas and rice biryani is heaven.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Date Posted: April 11 2011 at 10:08
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Indian food. A good lamb masala with onion kulcha, samosas and rice biryani is heaven.

I am now drooling.

Posted By: Negoba
Date Posted: April 11 2011 at 10:16
Good Indian is much more satisfying to me than good Chinese. But it's so rich that it's not something I'm going to reach for often. Chinese can be a comforting simple food, a nice dinner.

Voted Indian, but both have there place. Tikka Masala.mmmmm.

-------------
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: April 11 2011 at 10:18
Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

Good Indian is much more satisfying to me than good Chinese.

This.  However, I'd take Japanese over either.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Date Posted: April 11 2011 at 11:34
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

Good Indian is much more satisfying to me than good Chinese.

This.  However, I'd take Japanese over either.
It's kind of funny, but I got into Chinese first, and still like it but when I first really got into Indian the food was kind of like an orgasm for your mouth.  I'd go mmm mmm mmm mmm, etc. etc. while eating.  I don't even remember when I got into Japanese.  Most in the US experience it in a steakhouse.  Which I still like to do on occasion, but sushi tends to be what I go for first these days.

-------------

Date Posted: April 21 2011 at 15:58
http://amultiverse.com/files/comics/2011-04-21-First-Contact.png" rel="nofollow - American Asian food explained.

-------------

Posted By: TheGazzardian
Date Posted: April 21 2011 at 16:16
I'm new to indian and I am learning to love a lot of it. But I've been eating Chinese (aka Canadian Chinese) all my life and Western-Canada style ginger beef is one of my all time favorite dishes and has been for as long as I can remember. I know it probably has 0 nutritional value though so I don't eat it too much. 

Date Posted: April 21 2011 at 16:29
Originally posted by TheGazzardian TheGazzardian wrote:

I'm new to indian and I am learning to love a lot of it. But I've been eating Chinese (aka Canadian Chinese) all my life and Western-Canada style ginger beef is one of my all time favorite dishes and has been for as long as I can remember. I know it probably has 0 nutritional value though so I don't eat it too much. 
Well there's a dish new to me.  But 0 nutritional value has to be a bit of a stretch if it's any good.  You get protein from the beef and ginger has some good nutritional benefits.  Of course not knowing what's in the rest of this dish, who knows.  Most dishes like that throw in some stir fried veggies.

-------------

Posted By: ExittheLemming
Date Posted: January 31 2012 at 17:39
Indian. Why? - they don't disappear leaving no trace after a single fart (unlike Chinese)

-------------

Date Posted: January 31 2012 at 20:44
You might not actually be eating good Chinese.  Ermm

I see a good opportunity to take this thread downhill into a really crude area.  Ball is in your court...Tongue

v v v That was bloody good.

Date Posted: February 01 2012 at 03:08
What about if Indian people choose to go out for an English meal?

Classic clip:

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: ExittheLemming
Date Posted: February 01 2012 at 04:56

You might not actually be eating good Chinese.  Ermm

I see a good opportunity to take this thread downhill into a really crude area.  Ball is in your court...Tongue

I just meant that I'm hungry again after about an hour having eaten Chinese food but still feel 'full up' several hours after an Indian curry, that's all. Perhaps my 'solo for unaccompanied blowhole' wasn't appropriateEmbarrassed

-------------

Posted By: dennismoore
Date Posted: February 15 2012 at 12:00
Chinese food can be horrible depending where you are.  If you spend any time in the New York City, tri state area,
you would really enjoy the Chinese food there.

I voted for Chinese.  I can't handle that red-hot spicy Indian food, it makes my %^$$#@ burn, no lie.

-------------
"Yeah, people are unhappy about that - but you know what, it's still Yes." - Chris Squire

Date Posted: February 15 2012 at 17:53
Originally posted by dennismoore dennismoore wrote:

Chinese food can be horrible depending where you are.  If you spend any time in the New York City, tri state area,
you would really enjoy the Chinese food there.

I voted for Chinese.  I can't handle that red-hot spicey Indian food, it makes my %^$$#@ burn, no lie.

That's what you get for not sticking to a strict lupin diet. Wink

-------------

Posted By: colorofmoney91
Date Posted: February 15 2012 at 20:32
All kinds of super hot Indian curry is the best food ever, and I have a huge bag of naan that I munch on frequently.

-------------
http://hanashukketsu.bandcamp.com" rel="nofollow - Hanashukketsu

Date Posted: February 16 2012 at 06:28
Just wait until you manage to chew through the bag and make it to the naan. Tongue

-------------

Posted By: dennismoore
Date Posted: February 16 2012 at 07:42

I voted for Chinese.  I can't handle that red-hot spicey Indian food, it makes my %^$$#@ burn, no lie.

That's what you get for not sticking to a strict lupin diet. Wink
[/QUOTE]
Confused   Ouch   Shocked   Unhappy    Dead

Clap   Good one laddie.  Just wait till I start stealing Partridge Family & Bobby Vinton records, your extensive collection will be the first place I look. Wink

-------------
"Yeah, people are unhappy about that - but you know what, it's still Yes." - Chris Squire

Date Posted: February 16 2012 at 07:54
I used to watch the Family as a kid.  No Vinton present.  I do have a DVD of The Monkee's Head.  Watched them more often than the Partridges.  These days the only Partridge I have an interest in is Andy.

-------------

Posted By: DisgruntledPorcupine
Date Posted: February 16 2012 at 08:47
Impossible choice for me. Both are great. Nothing beats Vietnamese food though. Smile

Date Posted: February 16 2012 at 09:15
You a phan of the pho?

-------------

Posted By: DisgruntledPorcupine
Date Posted: February 16 2012 at 09:28
LOL I sure am. A good pho is just about my favourite thing on earth. Especially when it's spicy.

Date Posted: February 16 2012 at 10:26
Originally posted by DisgruntledPorcupine DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:

LOL I sure am. A good pho is just about my favourite thing on earth. Especially when it's spicy.

If it ain't spicy it's crap!!! LOL

Yeah, the Atlanta area has really developed when it comes to ethnic restaurants since I was a kid.  Plenty of good Vietnamese to be had.

-------------

Date Posted: February 16 2012 at 16:47
Originally posted by DisgruntledPorcupine DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:

AYE, lads!  Thumbs Up

Here in the Akron/Canton area, if you want Viet, you have to go to Cleveland, an hour to the north.  Last time I went up there, as I was paying my bill I told the girl I was from Akron/Canton, and she said they get a LOT of customers from there.  Someone should seriously consider opening a pho house down this way.  I'd be there every week.

-------------

Posted By: mykebob
Date Posted: August 31 2012 at 02:09
You cannot compare the Indian and Chinese food. Both of them are delicious and tasty. But I would prefer Indian food mostly because there are many kinds of varieties are available in Indian food. Chinese fast food is mostly famous all over the world and they are the inventor of many dishes also.

-------------
" rel="nofollow - asian food online

Posted By: smartpatrol
Date Posted: August 31 2012 at 02:12
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Chinese easily.

-------------
http://bit.ly/1kqTR8y" rel="nofollow">

The greatest record label of all time!

Date Posted: August 31 2012 at 02:25
Depends--  you can usually find good Indian food where there's large Indian populations (England, US Westcoast), whereas good Chinese places are increasingly rare.   And as much as I love Chinese, I find Indian to be generally more refined, and their use of spices unequaled.

Posted By: Fox On The Rocks
Date Posted: August 31 2012 at 23:48
Indian over American Chinese. American over authentic Chinese.

-------------

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: September 01 2012 at 00:09
I prefer dating Chinese women. 

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Posted By: Eria Tarka
Date Posted: September 01 2012 at 00:12
I like American Chinese more than Indian, but Indian more than Chinese Chinese.

Posted By: Raccoon
Date Posted: September 01 2012 at 00:20
Broke the tie! Chinese is overrated (but good) Indian is the lesser-known gem. An acquired taste, but amazing after a few bites Wink

-------------
      Check out my FREE album: A one-man project   The Distant Dynasty

https://distantdynasty.bandcamp.com/

Posted By: The Doctor
Date Posted: September 01 2012 at 01:07
I'll take the shrimp with vegetables, wonton soup, egg roll and crab rangoon over the poodle curry thanks.  Tongue

All tied up again.

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Posted By: The Jester
Date Posted: September 01 2012 at 08:34
At the time I wrote this (and voted as well) there was a tie. 29 - 29!
My vote brought Chinese to 30 votes! YEAH!!! Go China!!! LOL LOL
Seriously now, I like enough Chinese food, but I can't stand no way Indian!

-------------
If anybody wants please visit: http://www.gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/

This is my Blog mostly about Rock music, but also a few other things as well.

You are most welcome!

Thank you. :)

Posted By: ClemofNazareth
Date Posted: September 01 2012 at 09:07

I had the good fortune of spending several weeks in China this summer and got to eat lots of the real deal - rabbit, eel, sheep's blood, fish head soup, turtle, pig's feet, hot pot, etc.  Most of it was really good and eating a meal in China is certainly much more of a social experience than most meals in the U.S.

That said I still voted for Indian.  One of the best meals I've had in recent memory was biryani and modak dumplings at a little cafe across the street from the theater before a Decemberists concert.  Awesome (even if the people next to us at the concert probably didn't appreciate our fragrance) LOL

But Greek food needs more love - moussaka with dolmades and a salad heaped with feta and smelts is totally da bomb; in fact, I was going to go out for Mexican food today but after this I think a Greek lunch is in order Thumbs Up

-------------
"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus

Date Posted: September 01 2012 at 10:01
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

I prefer dating Chinese women. 

"There's nothing in the world like a gold skinned girl
To make your bonsai weep and make your bamboo curl
Omnibus, take all of us
All of us, take Omnibus " XTC

-------------

Posted By: Finnforest
Date Posted: September 01 2012 at 10:55
Probably a slight nod to good Indian food.  I had an Indian friend back in childhood.  I would go to their house and be instantly knocked over by the smell of spices walking through the door.  They would make authentic sauces in their kitchen and introduce me to the difference between "american hot" and "indian hot".  Wow!  My friend was the only one who spoke English with much success, so when he would leave the room I would communicate with his large family through body language, smiles, etc.  It was a great experience.  My friend (their youngest boy) was completely americanized and much more interested in the food at our house, while I was interested in his Mom's home made creations.  The grass is always greener?  They also taught me to play Karom (Carom?), an intensely fun game akin to table top pool.  I bought my own board a few years back to play it with my nieces.  Sure beats video games. 

I also had a Vietnamese friend who had just escaped Saigon with gunfire at their back.  Same thing.  He wanted my Fruit Loops and burgers on the grill.  I was interested in his Mom's amazing home made eggrolls.  To this day I"ve never had egg rolls that tasted like those she made in her little kitchen, far away from her home.  She never said a word to me when I was there, but every time I walked in the door she gave me food. 

Two of my best friends as a boy.  I consider myself lucky not for the friendships alone, but for the chance to have had truly authentic Indian and Vietnamese far better than any restaurant I've been to since.  Both made by Moms who had just stepped foot in USA. 

-------------

Posted By: The Jester
Date Posted: September 01 2012 at 11:05
Originally posted by ClemofNazareth ClemofNazareth wrote:

I had the good fortune of spending several weeks in China this summer and got to eat lots of the real deal - rabbit, eel, sheep's blood, fish head soup, turtle, pig's feet, hot pot, etc.  Most of it was really good and eating a meal in China is certainly much more of a social experience than most meals in the U.S.

That said I still voted for Indian.  One of the best meals I've had in recent memory was biryani and modak dumplings at a little cafe across the street from the theater before a Decemberists concert.  Awesome (even if the people next to us at the concert probably didn't appreciate our fragrance) LOL

But Greek food needs more love - moussaka with dolmades and a salad heaped with feta and smelts is totally da bomb; in fact, I was going to go out for Mexican food today but after this I think a Greek lunch is in order Thumbs Up

sighs.... Cry
Oh you have no idea how much I missed my country's food...
Btw, if you go tonight or any other night, ask them if they have in the menu 'Pastitsio', and in the salads 'Ntakos'.Wink
If you like moussaka I believe you will love pastitsio. And as for Ntakos, is a special Salad from Crete island.
Simply amazing!
You can thank me later... LOL

-------------
If anybody wants please visit: http://www.gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/

This is my Blog mostly about Rock music, but also a few other things as well.

You are most welcome!

Thank you. :)

Posted By: FordPrefect
Date Posted: December 30 2012 at 16:38
Indian food (especially fromTandoori oven).  Heart

-------------
Don't panic

Date Posted: December 31 2012 at 06:53
is it possible to make a crossover Indian chinese food Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: December 31 2012 at 07:08
Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

That'd be Tibetan, I would think.....

/is there such a beast?

-------------

Date Posted: December 31 2012 at 07:20
Originally posted by zappaholic zappaholic wrote:

That'd be Tibetan, I would think.....

/is there such a beast?

they are countrys who borders so they might have dishes on the border that cross over

-------------

Posted By: FusionKing
Date Posted: January 26 2013 at 18:23

Yes. My mother accidentally combined Chinese curry and tikka masala sauces. It was awesome. We then named it 'the Chindian'.

-------------
"Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself" - Sartre

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk