Subject: Area Mirage or Can Aumgn
Date Posted: February 28 2011 at 13:08

Replies:
Posted By: crimhead
Date Posted: February 28 2011 at 13:19
Can for me.

Posted By: zravkapt
Date Posted: February 28 2011 at 13:22
Both are tracks I have to be in the mood for. I'll vote for Area as Can will most likely win this.

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: February 28 2011 at 14:01
Originally posted by zravkapt zravkapt wrote:

Both are tracks I have to be in the mood for. I'll vote for Area as Can will most likely win this.

Somehow I suspect that most people would never be in the mood for either. ;)

I really like both, but went with "Mirage", which is a track that I used to listen to over-and-over again after getting Caution Radiation Area.  Yesterday I was doing an ipod shuffle (not something I've really tried before) and "Äumgn" (a track I hadn't really listened to for a long time) came on and I was enjoying it so much.  It worked so well sandwiched between, if memory serves, a jazz track and a library music track.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: February 28 2011 at 14:52
Aumgn (with Peking O) is the best part of TM IMO. That Area track is good of course, but not somthing I'd consider a favorite.

I'll vote for Can.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: February 28 2011 at 15:06
Hi,

In terms of complete experimentation and design, I would say Can's is the much more important album ... honestly, I have never thought Area was that good, or that great.

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: February 28 2011 at 15:11
Love Area, and hate Tago Mago.

Posted By: Mellotron Storm
Date Posted: February 28 2011 at 15:30
What a great idea for a poll Clap. Two longish songs with the same dark atmosphere by two amazing bands.
A real close call for me but i'm picking CAN by a whisker here(bark bark).

-------------
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: February 28 2011 at 19:11
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

In terms of complete experimentation and design, I would say Can's is the much more important album ... honestly, I have never thought Area was that good, or that great.

If I was asking which was the more important album, Caution Radiation Area or Tago Mago, to me it would be very clear to say Tago MagoTago Mago is a cornerstone of Krautrock, I think influenced Area, and is a much better known album. It was one of Johnny Rotten's faves, not to mention Bowie etc.CRA has less then half the ratings of Area's debut here, and a third of those for Tago Mago (I do consider Area to be an important Italian band) -- plus it predates CRA by a few years.  But, I'm not asking which album is more important, it's just me pitting too rather similar tracks together that I really like, and asking which people enjoy more.  I can appreciate that you never found Area good, but I would have thought that both tracks ("Mirage' and "Aumgn") would be appreciated by a similar audience and are both tracks that many at PA wouldn't enjoy.

Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Love Area, and hate Tago Mago.

I wouldn't have thought that "Aumgn" off Tago Mago would not be in alignment with your tastes.
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

What a great idea for a poll Clap. Two longish songs with the same dark atmosphere by two amazing bands.
A real close call for me but i'm picking CAN by a whisker here(bark bark).

Thanks .

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: February 28 2011 at 22:59
That was actually my first listen to that Area song (no clue why I haven't gotten that album yet).  I liked it a lot, but no vote for me yet as I'm not familiar with it.

As for Aumgn, I've always seen it as the song that wishes it was Soup

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: March 01 2011 at 03:42
These tracks are fit to match against each other indeed! A rather close call, but I give Area the lead for now.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk