Magenta are back! Tigermoth records are thrilled to announce that “Chameleon” will be the band’s first album of brand new material since “Metamorphosis”. The release may come as a surprise to some fans, so Rob Reed takes up the story:
“After Metamorphosis was released I ploughed straight into the next Magenta album, spending several weeks working flat-out in the studio. I was really happy with what I had written but I got sidetracked with other projects and everything sort of got left on the backburner. Then about 6 months ago I had another creative spurt and another 50 minutes of great ideas emerged.
When I sat back and took stock of what I had before me I realised that both writing sessions produced distinctive musical styles. The tracks from the first session were quite edgy and more contemporary and the second batch were more traditional, almost like ‘Seven’ in style.
It quickly became apparent that I had written two completely different sounding albums!
I decided to then make each album independently, and also to try a different recording process for the more contemporary songs.
Christina and I also had a few tracks that we had written together that were going to be on future Magenta singles, so along with the edgier material, we had plenty of pieces that she could start writing lyrics for. We then got Kieran Bailey into the studio and it wasn’t long before we had recorded the drums for eight new Magenta tracks. Our guitarist Chris Fry then came and weaved his magic and before long what originally was planned as a new single, or possibly an EP, had escalated into a great sounding album. As I’m writing this, we currently have six tracks completed and the other two are in the mixing process.”
So, carrying on with the experiment theme, we’ve devised a unique method of releasing these new tracks to you.
We introduce to you The Chameleon Project.
Starting on July 10th you can purchase full access to the members area of the Chameleon Project website. As a Chameleon Project member you’ll get:-
1. Track 1 “Glitterball” to download in both Full and Instrumental MP3 versions. Every four weeks another track from the album will be uploaded to the site until you received four out of the eight tracks. These mixes will be exclusive to the web site.
2. Various Chameleon promo videos and photos will be made available for you throughout this time period.
3. A CD copy of the finished "Chameleon" album.
4. A exclusive Bonus DVD which will include the whole album in glorious 5.1 surround sound, a Chameleon Gallery and several promo and live studio videos.
5. Glitterball multi-track download (Individual Drums,Bass,Vocal tracks,etc). The aspiring producers among you will be able to create your own re-mix. We will upload the best ones to the Magenta website at a later date.
We hope you will join us on this exciting experimental journey.
The cost to join THE CHAMELEON PROJECT will be £17 and this will include the price of the CD/DVD which will be posted to you on October 10th. Alternatively you can collect the CD/DVD in person if you’re attending Summer’s End, or you can pre-order the CD only for just £10. (Additional postage charges will apply for both products depending on location).
To order go to the Magenta Shop :
http://www.magentashopfront.com/" rel="nofollow -
or via :
http://www.magenta-web.com/" rel="nofollow -