Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 18:25
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Offering "Earth" or Magma "Maahnt"
Posted By: Logan
Subject: Offering "Earth" or Magma "Maahnt"
Date Posted: July 10 2011 at 15:37
Offfering's "Earth" off Offering Part 1/ Part II:

Magma's "Maahnt" off Attahk:

I like both very much, but would go with the longer "Ëarth" if I had to choose one; however, the burps in "Maahnt"" are a gas.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Replies:
Date Posted: July 10 2011 at 16:59
I see a few votes, but no comments.  Votes alone are so boring, well I guess comments such as as mine can be dull too (I'm one of those who is more likely to comment and neglect to vote than the other way around). I choose both, by the way.

My kids prefer Maahnt -- they adore the burps.  They don't like the screaming in Earth.  I think I'll do a  poll with various fave songs of mine that include screaming one of the days -- Geinoh Yamashirogumi's Osorezan being a  particular fave of mine.

I made a Zumba compilation for my wife which included Dancing Queen, The Nolan Sisters I'm in the Mood for Dancing, and ELO/ Olivia Newton John's Xanada amongst other fave of her songs to dance to, and I included these two tracks for fun.  She was not amused.

-------------

Posted By: Infinity
Date Posted: July 10 2011 at 17:31
like Earth but it's the groove on Maahnt that edged it for me

cool poll

Approve ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

-------------
I can't remember what I said
I lost my head.

Posted By: SaltyJon
Date Posted: July 10 2011 at 17:33
Hmm, this is tough.  One of my favorite tracks from Attahk vs. my favorite Offering tune I've heard so far...gonna go with Offering, I think.

I see now that you can vote "I like both" but that's no fun, so I'll pick Offering and add on "but I also like Maahnt".

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Salty_Jon" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: SaltyJon
Date Posted: July 10 2011 at 17:33
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I made a Zumba compilation for my wife which included Dancing Queen, The Nolan Sisters I'm in the Mood for Dancing, and ELO/ Olivia Newton John's Xanada amongst other fave of her songs to dance to, and I included these two tracks for fun.  She was not amused.

Also: LOL

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Salty_Jon" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: July 10 2011 at 18:03
I think I prefer Maahnt but I voted for both.

Posted By: zravkapt
Date Posted: July 10 2011 at 18:35
Like both but prefer Earth.

Posted By: Mellotron Storm
Date Posted: July 10 2011 at 22:53
Two great tracks but i'm picking OFFERING this time.That's probably the most Zeuhl sounding tune on that album and i love it.I also like that OFFERING album better than "Attahk".

-------------
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Posted By: harmonium.ro
Date Posted: July 11 2011 at 05:58
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

LOL

I'm new to these two tracks. While I enjoyed both, I'm probably too much of a Magmahead not to prefer Magma's piece. That's where my vote goes.

Posted By: akaBona
Date Posted: July 11 2011 at 10:14
in my humble prog world there's nothing that could ever beat Magma ...

Date Posted: July 11 2011 at 13:39
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

LOL

I'm new to these two tracks. While I enjoyed both, I'm probably too much of a Magmahead not to prefer Magma's piece. That's where my vote goes.

Originally posted by akaBona akaBona wrote:

in my humble prog world there's nothing that could ever beat Magma ...

To me Magma, like Offering is essentially Vander. It's a Vander vs. Vander battle no matter what he calls the project. I'm a Christian Vander fan and like both projects (as well as various  music he released under his own name).  If I didn't know about Offering and heard Earth, I would assume it was a Magma release.  He did a better version of Ooh, Ooh Baby on the first Offering album, by the way, than on Merci. ;)

I like both of these compositions by Vander, and think Earth would have fit very comfortably on a Magma album (had he offered the Offering albums under the Magma name or had he released it earlier for an 80's Magma release.

I would suggest that more Magma fans do check out Offering. Youtube has quite a few vids.  And some recent Magma music really has the Offering vibe to it.

This is one of my faves off that album:

-------------

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: July 11 2011 at 13:42
Definitely interested in that album.

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: July 11 2011 at 13:56
Maahnt, but I don't love either one.  They're not bad.

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: July 11 2011 at 14:03
I like both! I´m currently waiting for Wurdah Ithah to get back from my friend´s place. I brought it with me at a party - and seemed to scare some of the girlies there... 
That Offering track got me excited, and now I´ve got a record more on my "to get list". AAAAaaarghhh it never stops! Thank you. 

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: akaBona
Date Posted: July 11 2011 at 17:49
have to recheck Offering. I remember listening them early days, but it was too jazzy to me, probably. anyway, I just skipped this band and continued my journey with Magma.

thanks for the clip, it opened my ears!

Posted By: The Neck Romancer
Date Posted: July 15 2011 at 15:02
My problem with Maahnt is the belching and weird processed vocals.

-------------

Posted By: crimhead
Date Posted: July 16 2011 at 18:32
Offering for me but I can go with both.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk