URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=82299
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 16:09
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Naming your child.
Posted By: crimhead
Subject: Naming your child.
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 14:01
Old news or new I just found this.

http://www.inquisitr.com/154741/adolf-hitler-in-custody-battle/" rel="nofollow - http://www.inquisitr.com/154741/adolf-hitler-in-custody-battle/

Replies:
Posted By: Failcore
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 14:06
That's weird ass sh*t fo' sho.

-------------

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 14:14
I wonder if the Occupy movement would defend these parents against the state/govt control over their children......and I use the word "parent" only as a descriptor in this case.

Sorry....absolute dumb a$$es.

-------------

Posted By: NotAProghead
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 14:27
"Adolf Hitler is still alive - I slept with her last night" (Jim Morrison).

Why on Earth there are idiots who give their kids foolish names.

-------------
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)

Posted By: Vompatti
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 14:36
I don't see what the problem is. Adolf is a very nice name and it's highly unlikely that anyone would confuse him with the famous (deceased!) politician.

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 14:47
^For the same reason you wouldn't name your kid Satan.

-------------

Posted By: Any Colour You Like
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 14:50
Originally posted by Deathrabbit Deathrabbit wrote:

Or Jesus.

Posted By: manofmystery
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:05
At least they didn't use "Chewbacca".  I have dibs on that.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:06
Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

Or Jesus.

"Oh no he dit-ent!" Shocked
Shocked

-------------

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:06
I've known a few Jesuses and an Adolph, and many Mohammed variations, but never known anyone with the given names Adolph Hitler.  If someone had the surname Fir, Lucy would be sort of nice as a given name. 

I have a nephew named Attila, which I think pretty terrible, and a cousin who is a hardcore Neo-Nazi white supremicist, and heavy metal band guitarist, thug, and all around bad guy witha normal name....

I am surprised that the state would have allowed the name.  I couldn't have officially named my child F**k, though if I had  a flatulent son, I would have liked to name him Jack the Ripper.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Posted By: ExittheLemming
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:11
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

though if I had  a flatulent son, I would have liked to name him Jack the Ripper.

Made me laugh out loud (rare) LOL

Interesting thing about the linked article re the kid named Adolf Hitler, is that despite their home being allegedly swathed in 3rd Reich iconography, doting Mater and Pater both deny being neo Nazis. From a mainstream perspective, is this analogous to loathing Neo Prog but covertly loving Progressive Rock? Wink

BTW I'm just waiting for some post modern apologist to wade in with their 'names are but arbitrary social constructions that merely reference plural realities' spielDead

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:16
By the way, Deathrabbit: Who is that in your sig?  I could see her being the future mother of my little Chewbacca.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:21
Kristen Chenoweth. TV and Broadway actress/singer. 

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:46

Or Jesus.

Jesus is a very, very common name in latin american countries.

-------------

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:47
Poll question Godwin'd the thread.

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:48
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

By the way, Deathrabbit: Who is that in your sig?  I could see her being the future mother of my little Chewbacca.

Just one?? Being a good Catholic her and I would have a herd of Chewbaccas.

-------------

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:49
I wouldn't call it child abuse because this term has imo nothing to do with naming. On the other hand, the "batsh*t crazy" seems a fitting description here.

-------------

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:52
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

though if I had  a flatulent son, I would have liked to name him Jack the Ripper.

Made me laugh out loud (rare) LOL

Interesting thing about the linked article re the kid named Adolf Hitler, is that despite their home being allegedly swathed in 3rd Reich iconography, doting Mater and Pater both deny being neo Nazis. From a mainstream perspective, is this analogous to loathing Neo Prog but covertly loving Progressive Rock? Wink

BTW I'm just waiting for some post modern apologist to wade in with their 'names are but arbitrary social constructions that merely reference plural realities' spielDead

Nice analogy.  When reading the article, i wondered if they denied being Neo-Nazis because they are of the old-school Nazi tradition.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 15:59
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Or Jesus.

I know. That doesn't change the premise that you are naming your son after a famous dead person that might prejudice others.

Posted By: harmonium.ro
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 16:24
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Didn't post modernism put the most emphasis on words and names? The issue is as acute as possible when looked through post modern thought. I see no reason to have a go at post modernism out of the blue like that. 
Ermm

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 16:52
Don't argue with him.  He is admin, and has powers that you will never k...

Oh, right.  Carry on.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 17:04
Family Fortunes with Les Dennis: Name something people believe in but cannot see.
Contestant: Hitler.

-------------
What?

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 17:34

Can't name them all Chewbacca.  I have no idea what to do with a female child but Chewy's brothers would be D'Brickashaw, Bort, Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo, and "The Postmaster General".

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 17:35

Or Jesus.

I know. That doesn't change the premise that you are naming your son after a famous dead person that might prejudice others.

Its more a pronounciation thing.......in english its "geesus" in spanish its "haysus"......so in spanish it may not carry the same weight since the majority of the world know it as "geesus".
I agree though an english speaking family naming their son Jesus would be.....weird.

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 17:38

Can't name them all Chewbacca.  I have no idea what to do with a female child but Chewy's brothers would be D'Brickashaw, Bort, Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo, and "The Postmaster General".

Well I am a fan of the George Foreman school on naming your sons all the same....Chewbacca is an awesome name, plus you can call them Chewy till about the age of 7-8......

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 17:38

Or Jesus.

Its more a pronounciation thing.......in english its "geesus" in spanish its "haysus"......so in spanish it may not carry the same weight since the majority of the world know it as "geesus".
I agree though an english speaking family naming their son Jesus would be.....weird.

I can understand if it's cultural norm, like Mohammed. But in a secular, anglophone nation, it's a little weird.

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 17:40
If our third child ees a boy, ve vill name him Rasputin the Lecherous Brown.  Approve

Yes- third child in May.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 17:46
^ Nice!

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 17:50
Great news, Rob! Shocked Beer

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 18:07
I'm naming my first male Lucifer, and my first female Penis Face.

For my other 17 children the names are undecided, but frankly Adolf Hitler is a bit uncreative. Besides, then I have to change my last name which is alot of paper work. Besides, I must think of my daughter...Penis Face Hitler just doesn't roll off the tongue smoothly.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: stonebeard
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 18:09
Children don't don't need names. They need discipline and a job at 12. That's it.

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 19:04

Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo

That's the worst name I've ever heard of.

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 19:08
Parents are crazy. But it's their right. Then the child when he gets older can change his name to whatever he wants.

In my stupid country there are plenty of "Stalins" and none says anything but a couple of "Hitlers" were very famous cases...

Anyway, names in general are unnecessary...

-------------

Posted By: The Doctor
Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 19:48
But what about the torment the child will go through as he's growing up? I think it is child abuse and it is not a parent's right to do whatever they damn well please with their or to their children.  They are not a property interest. 

Of course, I'm against white supremacists being able to breed in the first place. 

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 19:49
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

But what about the torment the child will go through as he's growing up? I think it is child abuse and it is not a parent's right to do whatever they damn well please with their or to their children.  They are not a property interest. 

Of course, I'm against white supremacists being able to breed in the first place. 
That sounds like the eugenics that said white supremacists espouse.

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 19:50
Of course, if I ever had a son I would name him Big Daddy Spankbottom. 

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 19:52

What's good for the goose and all that.

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 19:56

But what about the torment the child will go through as he's growing up? I think it is child abuse and it is not a parent's right to do whatever they damn well please with their or to their children.  They are not a property interest.  Of course, I'm against white supremacists being able to breed in the first place. 

Because TheDoctor is the same, just different.

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 19:59
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

But what about the torment the child will go through as he's growing up? I think it is child abuse and it is not a parent's right to do whatever they damn well please with their or to their children.  They are not a property interest.  Of course, I'm against white supremacists being able to breed in the first place. 

Yeah, us f'ing liberals.  Always wanting to stamp out hate, poverty and unfairness in the world.  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 19:59

A child should be quite ready to express his desire to change his name from an early age. It's the law that makes him suddenly become intelligent at 00:00 in the morning of his 18th birthday.

I on the other hand am in favor of big generalized copulations of all colors and flavors...

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 20:00

Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Yeah, us f'ing liberals.  Always wanting to stamp out hate, poverty and unfairness in the world.  Wink
Yes. You want everybody to be poor, not just some.

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 20:01
I never said I wasn't in favor of copulation. Just, that certain people shouldn't do it.  LOL

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 20:04
Ok good Doc let's not hijack another thread

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 20:06
Fair enough.  But yes, I do think it's abusive to give your child that kind of name.  But then I think it's abusive for those Aussie parents who wanted to name their child Superman.  That's just asking for your child to be beaten up on a daily basis.  

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2011 at 20:08
^I think nobody should want to beat up a child named Superman

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 07:50

Suppose you named your child "Cyrus Worthington Black."

Then, three weeks after the child was born, a man named "Cyrus Worthington" makes huge news by bombing fourteen Chicago buildings in the same day, killing an estimated 1,700 people.

Are you then guilty of child abuse for your child's name?

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 08:07

I never said I wasn't in favor of copulation. Just, that certain people shouldn't do it.  LOL

I usually don't agree with you, but my wife's uncle and aunt are foster parents...the stories I've heard sometimes make me wish for forced sterilization.

Posted By: Icarium
Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 08:12
it is like every who after 22/7 with the name Anders Breivik gott hate mails and death threats for their names, should everyone named Anders changed name then

Land Antall
menn
Andel
menn
Rangering
menn
Antall
guttebarn
Andel
guttebarn
Rangering
guttebarn
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sverige" rel="nofollow">Sverige   http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sverige" rel="nofollow - Sverige http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders#cite_note-Sverige-4" rel="nofollow - [5] Anders 82 180 (2010) 2 % 2.
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danmark" rel="nofollow">Danmark   http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danmark" rel="nofollow - Danmark http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders#cite_note-Danmark-5" rel="nofollow - [6] Anders 35 201 (2007) 1 % 16. 268 (2005) 0,9 % 34.
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norge" rel="nofollow">Norge   http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norge" rel="nofollow - Norge http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders#cite_note-Norge-2" rel="nofollow - [3] Anders 19 684 (2006) 0,8 % 19. 132 (2006) 0,5 % 56.
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%B8nland" rel="nofollow">Grønland   http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%B8nland" rel="nofollow - Grønland http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders#cite_note-Gr.C3.B8nland-6" rel="nofollow - [7] Anders 171 (2004) 0,6 % 29.
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland" rel="nofollow">Finland   http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland" rel="nofollow - Finland http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders#cite_note-Finland-7" rel="nofollow - [8] Anders 11 079 (2007) 0,4 % 22 (2007) 0,08 % 72.
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A6r%C3%B8yene" rel="nofollow">Færøyene   http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A6r%C3%B8yene" rel="nofollow - Færøyene http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders#cite_note-F.C3.A6r.C3.B8yene-8" rel="nofollow - [9] Anders 11 (2006) 0,04 % 347.

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 09:42
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Then, three weeks after the child was born, a man named "Cyrus Worthington" makes huge news by bombing fourteen Chicago buildings in the same day, killing an estimated 1,700 people.

Not sure how that applies to Doc's position, Rob. It's not intentionally giving your child the name of a hugely controversial figure, which is obviously not OK.  

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 09:57
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Not sure how that applies to Doc's position, Rob. It's not intentionally giving your child the name of a hugely controversial figure, which is obviously not OK.  

It applies: What I'm interested to know is vested in that qualifier you just used.  Is it the name itself that makes it child abuse, or is it the motivation of the parents?  If a couple who'd honestly never heard of Adolf Hitler named their child that, would that be child abuse?

Just participating in and exploring the topic.  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 10:02
^ I think it would be unintentional abuse. :P 

But that's a completely hypothetical situation, the chances for a, say, Mr. & Mrs Schmidt couple naming their child Adolf Hitler Schmidt without knowing who Adolf Hitler was are zero IMO. 

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 10:07
i wonder how far into the future the name Adolf Hitler (shudders) is not linked to a megalomania and genocide or the Swastica is not rememberd as a logo for the same thing, will it ever/never be okey to have it on a CD cover-art work or will it forever be labeld as a symbol of nazisme even in year 4000 or 5000, if humanity come so far

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 10:19

^ I think it would be unintentional abuse. :P 

But that's a completely hypothetical situation, the chances for a, say, Mr. & Mrs Schmidt couple naming their child Adolf Hitler Schmidt without knowing who Adolf Hitler was are zero IMO. 

Not zero- stranger things have happened.

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 10:28
Should have said "virtually zero", indeed. 

Gypsy people do that - they give the name and the surname of a famous figure for their child's name, often with hilarious results. My parents encountered many such children when they were working at the local school for children with disabilities. Hitler wasn't one of them, though, even they know he's not OK, I gather. Iuri Gagarin was a favourite, or classical musicians. LOL

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 10:32
I honestly think it's awful when parents give their child a perfectly normal name with an ridiculous spelling.  That individual will have to spell out his or her name every time.

Also, one of my students is named Garnea.  It is pronounced "Zhuh-nay."  Wacko

-------------

Posted By: refugee
Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 10:35
In this case, however, the chances are zero. Their two other children are called JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Nations" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Nations and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Himmler" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Himmler

OK, I’m sure you knew – but it’s kind of sick, isn’t it?

-------------
He say nothing is quite what it seems;
I say nothing is nothing
(Peter Hammill)

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 12:15
it is the same story with the name Judas, no one names their kid with that name even if the guy who had the name supposedly died 2011 years ago or so, stil it is not a popular name to many persons, why arent people braking the mold and naming their kid Judas then it is a okey name i think...

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 12:20
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

I usually don't agree with you, but my wife's uncle and aunt are foster parents...the stories I've heard sometimes make me wish for forced sterilization.

I don't know about this case, but there are some people out there who simply should never be allowed to be parents again.  I think those who physically or sexually abuse their children should have their rights permanently taken away.  Why should they be able to have more children to abuse. 

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 12:32

It applies: What I'm interested to know is vested in that qualifier you just used.  Is it the name itself that makes it child abuse, or is it the motivation of the parents?  If a couple who'd honestly never heard of Adolf Hitler named their child that, would that be child abuse?

Just participating in and exploring the topic.  Wink

Intention is almost always relevant to a criminal act.  Child abuse is no different.  For example, if I pick up my child and throw him to the ground - that's abuse.  If I pick up my child and while holding him/her lose my footing or balance and drop the child - the injuries may be the same, but there was no intent to harm the child and therefore, no abuse. 

In the extremely unlikely event that someone had never heard of Hitler, but named their child Adolph Hitler, no it would not be abuse.  Simply ignorance. 

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 14:32

I honestly think it's awful when parents give their child a perfectly normal name with an ridiculous spelling.  That individual will have to spell out his or her name every time.

Hello, name's Adam, pronounced "Timmy"

-------------

Time always wins.

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 14:35
I think the parents should get an all expense paid trip to Auschwitz, where they can have the heads shaved and the fillings from their teeth removed and then spend a few nights locked in one of the gas chambers. Deluxe accomodations. 

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Posted By: refugee
Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 14:46

LOL

I had to read several volumes of Harry Potter before I could pronounce Hermione.

In Norway there’s a very well known writer called Karl Ove Knausgård. He’s nearly finished a cycle of novels called "Min kamp". I can’t believe that the publishers accepted that title. If you don’t get it at once:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Ove_Knausg%C3%A5rd" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Ove_Knausg%C3%A5rd

I have absolutely no reason to believe that he’s a nazi (I’ve read one of his books – no nazism there for sure), and still I think he should have chosen another title.

-------------
He say nothing is quite what it seems;
I say nothing is nothing
(Peter Hammill)

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 14:55

I can actually see that.  The soft "G" is pronounced almost like a harder "zh", so dropping the harder part of that sound leaves you with "Zh" and "nea" could be pronounced "nay" and probably is in several words.  That just leaves the silent "r" - nothing wrong with silent letters.  And "zhuh-nay" sounds much prettier than say "Gar (with a hard G)-nee-ah".

How about Orangejello pronounced "Uh-rahn-zhuh-lo" with stress on the second and fourth syllables instead of the usual 1st and 3rd.  Don't worry, Rob, the name is yours to use for your next child.  I stake no claim to it.  Wink

Or then there's my name.  Spelled "Chester" but pronounced "Mister Love".  Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 15:01
sounds french ^

-------------

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 16:21
Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

sounds french ^

No, it doesn't.

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 16:23
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

sounds french ^

No, it doesn't.

Yes.  Yes it does.  I was thinking the same thing Aginor. 

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 16:42

I can actually see that.  The soft "G" is pronounced almost like a harder "zh", so dropping the harder part of that sound leaves you with "Zh" and "nea" could be pronounced "nay" and probably is in several words.  That just leaves the silent "r" - nothing wrong with silent letters.  And "zhuh-nay" sounds much prettier than say "Gar (with a hard G)-nee-ah".

How about Orangejello pronounced "Uh-rahn-zhuh-lo" with stress on the second and fourth syllables instead of the usual 1st and 3rd.  Don't worry, Rob, the name is yours to use for your next child.  I stake no claim to it.  Wink

Or then there's my name.  Spelled "Chester" but pronounced "Mister Love".  Tongue

My friends attended school with twins named Orangelo and Lemongelo (or some such spelling).

-------------

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: October 29 2011 at 16:49

Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

sounds french ^

No, it doesn't.

Yes.  Yes it does.  I was thinking the same thing Aginor. 

No. It doesn't sound French at all.
"Garnea" would be pronounced with a hard "G" (since it's in front of an "a") and the end "-nea" would be pronounced the same way than in Italian, Spanish or Portuguese.
It would never be pronounced "Zhunay".

Posted By: AtomicCrimsonRush
Date Posted: October 31 2011 at 03:59
criminal parenting

-------------

Posted By: smartpatrol
Date Posted: April 16 2012 at 14:00
Yes, it is child abuse! THOSE FILTHY.... GUNKY!

Posted By: markosherrera
Date Posted: May 21 2012 at 23:33
Yes it is an abuse , there are many others good names .

-------------
Hi progmaniacs of all the world

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: May 24 2012 at 02:19
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

I don't see what the problem is. Adolf is a very nice name and it's highly unlikely that anyone would confuse him with the famous (deceased!) politician.

Obvious social trauma and misery is obvious
buuuuuuuttttttttt

Adolf was, and technically still is, just a name.
All these decades later and that f**ked up evil b*****d is still winning.
Same with the "hitler mustache" we should all start sporting it to prove how we've overcome his terrible legacy.

Also Jesus (or at least hey-suess) is a name!
Satan though....would take some major cojones to name your kid Satan.
I'll step up to the plate, remember son no matter the jokes kids make it's "Suh-tawn" not "Say-tin"!

Posted By: HarbouringTheSoul
Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 06:14
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

Adolf was, and technically still is, just a name.

The problem isn't that they named him Adolf. The problem is that they named him Adolf Hitler, "Hitler" being the middle name.

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 06:48
There's a family that just moved in down the street that has the surname "Good".  They have a daughter's whose first name is "Heaven", and her middle name is "Lee".  I am not kidding.

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 06:51
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

There's a family that just moved in down the street that has the surname "Good".  They have a daughter's whose first name is "Heaven", and her middle name is "Lee".  I am not kidding.

"Heaven Lee" or "Heaven Leigh" is a lot more common than you think.  I dated a girl who wanted to name her first daughter that.

-------------

Posted By: Evolver
Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 08:08
"Crystal Chanda Lear"

-------------
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.

Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 08:16
I pushed for "Homeboy".......but my wife did not get it, epic failure on her part I believe.

-------------

Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 08:16
why is Judas such a unpopular name to give a child Tongue

-------------

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 08:22

Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

"Heaven Lee" or "Heaven Leigh" is a lot more common than you think.  I dated a girl who wanted to name her first daughter that.

Interesting.  I haven't come across it before myself.  I guess there are weirder names floating around these days.

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: clarke2001
Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 09:32
A local popular singer here, with the quite common last name Ban (pronounced as in "auto-bahn") named his children Ray and and Ana, so they could be Ray Ban and BanAna. Wacko

-------------
https://japanskipremijeri.bandcamp.com/album/perkusije-gospodine" rel="nofollow - Percussion, sir!

Posted By: Dayvenkirq
Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 09:53
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

I wouldn't call it child abuse because this term has imo nothing to do with naming. On the other hand, the "batsh*t crazy" seems a fitting description here.

+1.

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: May 25 2012 at 10:29

why is Judas such a unpopular name to give a child Tongue

Exactly!

People needa stop living in the past

Not saying my child will be "Adolf Judas" or anything....Tongue

Date Posted: May 30 2012 at 02:48
My best friend and his girlfriend coincidentally share the same surname (which is also a common first name): Vlad. He says they're dead serious about their intentions to name their first boy... Vlad Vlad-Vlad. Wacko LOL

He was very upset that his sister (a single mother) stole his idea and named her recently born son Vlad Vlad. Stern Smile

Posted By: Textbook
Date Posted: May 30 2012 at 05:13
I voted yes and I consider "batsh*t crazy" votes to effectively be "yes" as well.

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: May 30 2012 at 19:21

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Date Posted: June 01 2012 at 14:22
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/judge-orders-adolf-hitler-kept-child-custody-173659145.html" rel="nofollow - http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/judge-orders-adolf-hitler-kept-child-custody-173659145.html

-------------

Date Posted: June 01 2012 at 14:30
Unfortunate name choice. But that doesn't mean they would be terrible parents. This is thought-control after all. I wonder what will be more traumatic for the children: growing up with the stupid name or being taken of their homes and their parents to be raised up in the warmth of an institution or with foster parents aided by loving social workers.

Stupid.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk