Topic: Post 70's Prog World Cup FINAL: PT- Riverside
Posted By: Morningrise
Subject: Post 70's Prog World Cup FINAL: PT- Riverside
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:04
notti magiche
inseguendo un goal
sotto il cielo
di un’estate italiana....

We've reach the end!!!. After more than 6 months and...66 polls if I'm not wrong Confused...the competition has finally come to an end. Porcupine Tree- Riverside it is. Thanks to everyone who participated. We've had some differences during the process, but overall this was lots of fun.

Deadline: December 10th

Tiebreaker Adv: Porcupine Tree

Replies:
Posted By: Atoms
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:18
I was almost sure that I would not vote for Porcupine Tree in the finals. I have heard 6 albums with them and only slightly enjoyed one of them (Fear of a Blank Planet for those who are interested). But, Riverside is one of those bands who I really can't enjoy, no matter how much I try. Not that my vote would've mattered anyway. Porcupine Tree will walk throught this without even flinching.

Posted By: harmonium.ro
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:22
Riverside? What the hell... Well this makes it very easy for me. 

Posted By: Anthony H.
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:27
How horribly dull.

I prefer Riverside.

-------------

Posted By: JS19
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:29
What was the point of this entire competition. PT would always win, they have the most appeal across all the genres that PA covers, so will have the most votes. 

Having said that. PT.

Posted By: digdug
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:30
love both but

PTree

-------------
Prog On!

Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:31
Seriously, it's kind of terrible how uninteresting of a final round this is.

-------------

Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:32
Originally posted by Anthony H. Anthony H. wrote:

How horribly dull.

I prefer Riverside.

I know. F***ing Riverside. It's a pity that after all this time we ended up having the most one sided final ever imagined.

Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:35
^ That's what DT fans and Opeth fans thought too. Wink

Posted By: Harold-The-Barrel
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:56
PT easily, an underwhelming final, it must be said, how and ever thanks for running this Prog World Cup, its been fun..Now all we need is another one for the 70's and back...i need my daily fixLOL

-------------
You must be joking.....Take a running jump......

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 11:58
Damn. This is a bit disappointing.

I'll vote the surprise Riverside.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: darkshade
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 12:00
My vote goes to  Riverside. With the way some of the polls went in this tournament, I wouldn't be surprised if Riverside upsets, but I doubt it.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/MysticBoogy" rel="nofollow - My Last.fm

Posted By: TheClosing
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 12:02
PT ftw and rightfully so. 

Posted By: Ricochet
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 12:22
Oh my, what kind of dumbass gave Riverside the deciding vote in the semis? Tongue

I'll pass them a vote, at least so they don't get triple-bageled.

-------------

Posted By: The Willow Farmer
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 12:41
Good Times. I joined the forums when this whole thing got started. I used to post something like, "If I had a vote, it would go to..." Now I'm a senior member. Oh, to be a newbie again.
I'll miss going to ol' PA and seeing a new "Post 70s Prog World Cup" on the side. Great job, Morningrise.

I vote PT.

-------------
Recent Music Acquisitions:
Johnny Marr-"The Messenger"
Steven Wilson-"The Raven that Refused to Sing"
Fish-"Sunsets on Empire"
Riverside-"Shrine of New Generation Slaves"

Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 12:43
Originally posted by The Willow Farmer The Willow Farmer wrote:

Good Times. I joined the forums when this whole thing got started. I used to post something like, "If I had a vote, it would go to..." Now I'm a senior member. Oh, to be a newbie again.
I'll miss going to ol' PA and seeing a new "Post 70s Prog World Cup" on the side. Great job, Morningrise.

I vote PT.

Thanks Thumbs Up

Who knows? Perhaps in a near future I'll do something new and endless once again.

Posted By: Mellotron Storm
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 12:48
Well this took me by complete surprise.I thought OPETH was going to win and hadn't checked on that poll for a couple of days. I voted RIVERSIDE on that one but here it's PT. Two amazing bands.

-------------
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 12:50
I voted for After Crying vs PT and Riverside vs Opeth. I don't dislike PT, but I have to be coherent and vote for Riverside again.

Ok, that's a final, but why that mention of a very poor anthem played by the sister of a former F1 pilot and a former bluesman totally converted to pop?

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 13:00
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

I voted for After Crying vs PT and Riverside vs Opeth. I don't dislike PT, but I have to be coherent and vote for Riverside again.

Ok, that's a final, but why that mention of a very poor anthem played by the sister of a former F1 pilot and a former bluesman totally converted to pop?

As you said, it's a final. No particular reason besides it's one of the more recognisable WC anthems.

I don't like Gloryland, and would never EVER post Waka Waka Dead

Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 13:02
Wow, I never thought it would come to this.  As most, I took it for granted that the final would be Opeth vs PT.  It is clear that I do not like Opeth at all, nor do I actually like Riverside.  I like SOME Porcupine Tree, which is why I voted for them.  Since many might miss it, here are my comments from the actual poll thread from earlier:

Originally posted by Hercules

Originally posted by Progosopher

A vote for Riverside is a vote against Opeth. Evil Smile
No - I voted for Riverside, not against Opeth.
Opeth are a really good band but, on balance, I just prefer Riverside.
Now Marillion have gone, I'm with Riverside all the way.
It seems my anti-Opeth campaign is successful, bwa-ha-ha, but I am truly sorry to see it. From reviews and comments, it is clear to me that Opeth really is the more favored band amongst our community, I just do not like them at all. That Riverside has prevailed is a fluke of the tournament. It's like in a championship game - sometimes the underdog marshalls together and puts on a stellar effort. This is what happens when you procrastinate! As it is, I cannot see Riverside defeating Porcupine Tree. Oh, well.

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"

Posted By: tamijo
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 13:04
Porcupine
Riverside
Opeth
Violin

-------------
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours

Posted By: sleeper
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 13:36
Well, this is an anti-climax.

I voted for Riverside since I love them and cant stand PT, but it wont make any difference.

-------------
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 13:43
This is actually only the 2nd time that I have voted for PT in the tournament, not that they need my vote.  I voted for Riverside in every round except the one against Dream Theater.  They just had "weaker" competition from my point of view to get to the finals.  I like both bands well enough but neither band is one of my post-70's favorites.

-------------

Posted By: Hercules
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 14:06
I like PT but they really aren't that special.

Riverside are special; a great band who deserve my vote.

-------------
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.

Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 14:26
this poll = Sleepy

-------------

Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:01
Originally posted by darkshade darkshade wrote:

this poll = Sleepy

Ohhh, I almost forgot about it. I'm waiting for my hot dog...

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:02
YEA HOT DOGS NOW.

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Posted By: CryoftheCarrots
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:02
As a fan of Porcupine Tree,Riverside and Opeth It matters not who wins. At least it wasn't Marillion!
Porcupine Tree reinstated my love of prog rock several years ago when a mate lent me In Absentia.
Thank you.

-------------
"There is a lot in this world to be tense and intense about"

MJK

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:04
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

YEA HOT DOGS NOW.

Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:12

-------------

Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:13

Posted By: akaBona
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:15
Riverside

Posted By: Andy Webb
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:16
Quite a surprising result. I still would prefer PT- DT, though Tongue

PT for me.

-------------
http://ow.ly/8ymqg" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:20
Riverside, musically just more interesting and captivating for me than PT.

edit: pointless I know but prefer Opeth to Riverside.

And Symphony X to all of em Big smile

Posted By: Wanorak
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:21
Porcupine Tree Their whole catalogue beats Riverside's, but give Riverside time they're very good.

-------------
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 16:22

Posted By: Luna
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 17:00

-------------
https://aprilmaymarch.bandcamp.com/track/the-badger" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Sheavy
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 17:08
I like Riverside more. Never seen anything in PT that makes them stand out as much as they do, even though they're good.

-------------

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 17:10
Werd. Opethy were well ahe3ad inthe last round.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: GoldenGod2112
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 17:25
Hahahaha I love all the hot dog related posts. :P
And it was a wonderful poll.
Hope to see a similar one!

-------------
The future's uncertain and the end is always near. - Jim Morrison

Posted By: Earendil
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 18:19
... and porcupine tree it is!

Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 18:59
Unexpected results! Shocked

LOL

-------------

Posted By: Slaughternalia
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 19:13
porcupine tree I guess. MAN THIS IS SO LAME

-------------
I'm so mad that you enjoy a certain combination of noises that I don't

Posted By: Redug
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 19:53
As far as I'm concerned Porcupine Tree did Riverside better than Riverside does Riverside with FOABP, so PT.

Posted By: Nash
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 20:17
Riverside is no rival for Porcupine Tree

-------------
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/sydbarrettg.jpg/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: infocat
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 21:39
Ideally Echolyn or Discipline. would have won.
But I'm voting Riverside.  Not that I don't like PT.  I have all of their (studio) albums, and like them all to varying degrees.  But...

-------------
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.

Posted By: Thandrus
Date Posted: December 06 2011 at 23:25
I like them both quite the similar amount... Still voted for Riverside  http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=83286&FID=42" rel="nofollow">LOL

Posted By: Alitare
Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 00:11
Bluntly, I don't give half a damn about PT. I've heard all their albums at least a couple times, and I can only tolerate ONE song. I almost detest the group. Whether Wilson is stealing from Tangerine Dream's nigh-unlistenable 'galactic keyboard caverns' or when he's futilely reaching his hands into the pockets of Radiohead (who did Krautrock justice, very much unlike any obnoxious, melodically-timid Wilson 'product', which lives in the past instead of builds upon it), or he's doing alternative rock with mid-range vocals blah blah. It's one of the blunders of the world! Oh, what a catchy song! If he'd only do that eight more times instead of one, I'd half care. Where Thom Yorke was trying to sy 'let's see how many emotions we can express with our songs', Wilson was shouting 'hey, how many 1970's and 1980's bands can we pretend to be while we make all our songs real long and 'watery' to trick folks into thinking we're deep and diverse?' 

I don't hate them, outright, just dislike them on a consistent basis. But don't think I deify Riverside. I really enjoyed their first two albums, but ADHD, I'd rather piss on it than listen to it. Naw, my pick for Post-1970 wasn't Riverside. It was probably Ween, but they weren't in the poll. It was also probably Pain of Salvation or Ayreon or Queensryche or Devin Townsend or maudlin of the Well. Riverside were great, but they weren't even close. Oh, much closer than that intolerable Wilson farce, and roughly about as close as the good ol' Opeth, but neither are even in my top fifteen for post-1970's. So hey, I won't vote. 

Instead, I'll hand out an honorary vote to my cat, Jack, who is cuddly and entertaining, who stands by me through thick and thin. Thank you, pet cat Jack. You are truly the world's greatest progressive rock group from after 1979! Or, well maybe you're just a cat.

Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 03:43
Originally posted by Alitare Alitare wrote:

Bluntly, I don't give half a damn about PT. I've heard all their albums at least a couple times, and I can only tolerate ONE song. I almost detest the group. Whether Wilson is stealing from Tangerine Dream's nigh-unlistenable 'galactic keyboard caverns' or when he's futilely reaching his hands into the pockets of Radiohead (who did Krautrock justice, very much unlike any obnoxious, melodically-timid Wilson 'product', which lives in the past instead of builds upon it), or he's doing alternative rock with mid-range vocals blah blah. It's one of the blunders of the world! Oh, what a catchy song! If he'd only do that eight more times instead of one, I'd half care. Where Thom Yorke was trying to sy 'let's see how many emotions we can express with our songs', Wilson was shouting 'hey, how many 1970's and 1980's bands can we pretend to be while we make all our songs real long and 'watery' to trick folks into thinking we're deep and diverse?' 

I don't hate them, outright, just dislike them on a consistent basis. But don't think I deify Riverside. I really enjoyed their first two albums, but ADHD, I'd rather piss on it than listen to it. Naw, my pick for Post-1970 wasn't Riverside. It was probably Ween, but they weren't in the poll. It was also probably Pain of Salvation or Ayreon or Queensryche or Devin Townsend or maudlin of the Well. Riverside were great, but they weren't even close. Oh, much closer than that intolerable Wilson farce, and roughly about as close as the good ol' Opeth, but neither are even in my top fifteen for post-1970's. So hey, I won't vote. 

Instead, I'll hand out an honorary vote to my cat, Jack, who is cuddly and entertaining, who stands by me through thick and thin. Thank you, pet cat Jack. You are truly the world's greatest progressive rock group from after 1979! Or, well maybe you're just a cat.

You know - If you don't like something, you can just not listen to it. I don't like Radiohead, so I don't listen to them. It makes me a much happier person.

Posted By: Shevrzl
Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 03:58
Back when this tournament started I really hoped it would be a PT-Riverside final..and it is! Well Riverside, you have surprised many, including me but I doubt PT is going to lose this one. Anyway, another vote Riverside for being more consistently awesome.

Posted By: Warthur
Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 04:56
On balance, I had to go with PT. Riverside are great, but PT have produced so many classic albums in so many different styles - neo-psychedelia, Floydian space rock, crunchy heavy prog - that I can't not give the nod to them. (If it were Marillion vs. Riverside I'd go with Marillion for the same reason.)

Posted By: colorofmoney91
Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 08:15
PT

-------------
http://hanashukketsu.bandcamp.com" rel="nofollow - Hanashukketsu

Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 09:53
I'm confused, though. I'm being preached at because I gave my feelings on the bands? I thought that was what this shenanigan was all about - voting and comparing your feelings regarding two bands within a set group. Is it because I go in-depth about why I do and do not like certain groups and what they've done? Is it because my post could be seen as inflammatory or argumentative? You aren't wrong. You aren't wrong for even claiming I'm wrong. You aren't right, though, either. I appreciate that you could have differing feelings and that you could react to my feelings in such a way. Your thoughts and feelings are valid. 

Posted By: Hober Mallow
Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 09:56
Hot dogs!

-------------
“When Fortuna spins you downward, go out to a movie and get more out of life.” John Kennedy Toole

Posted By: tamijo
Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 09:57

I'm confused, though. I'm being preached at because I gave my feelings on the bands? I thought that was what this shenanigan was all about - voting and comparing your feelings regarding two bands within a set group. Is it because I go in-depth about why I do and do not like certain groups and what they've done? Is it because my post could be seen as inflammatory or argumentative? You aren't wrong. You aren't wrong for even claiming I'm wrong. You aren't right, though, either. I appreciate that you could have differing feelings and that you could react to my feelings in such a way. Your thoughts and feelings are valid. 

The only thing i dont understand is why you have waisted you time listning to ALL there albums, several times ?
Hopefully you havent bought ALL, just to be sure you dont like them Beer

-------------
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours

Posted By: Manuel
Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 09:59
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Same with me. I can't understand how they made it. I guess PT will get my vote also.

Posted By: MillsLayne
Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 10:23
This is too tough of a poll for me because of my love for both bands, so I just won't vote. LOL

-------------
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbox/user/MillsLayne/" rel="nofollow">

ht

Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 12:48
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Same with me. I can't understand how they made it. I guess PT will get my vote also.

Blame Rico.

Posted By: Ricochet
Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 13:19

Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

Blame Rico.

Off with my head!

-------------

Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 13:44

Sorry, I wasn't trying to preach, honest. I was just countering your opinion. I thought that was what discussion was all about! You're perfectly within reason to have that opinion, I was just saying what my ethos was when it came to bands I don't like.

I really didn't mean offence :) 

Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 17:47
Well there you go I just totaly wasted a few minutes of my life reading  Alitare's whiny drivel about how he's listened to the entire PT catalogue a couple of times. What!!.  Dead

-------------

MJK

Posted By: kawkaw123
Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 18:39
Well, one of these bands wouldn't exist with out the other. 

Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 18:40
You think so? Confused

-------------

Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 19:41
Whiny drivel? I'll have you know I was perfectly cheery when I typed up that hate speech. Stop whining and crying like a baby about my feelings! :P You complainer, you.

Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 20:11

Whiny drivel? I'll have you know I was perfectly cheery when I typed up that hate speech. Stop whining and crying like a baby about my feelings! :P You complainer, you.
I think you just need to go and push the little daisies and watch em come up up you're *** a bit more!
My band won and yours didn't. nyah nyah nyah nyah nyahTongue

-------------

MJK

Date Posted: December 07 2011 at 23:28
MY band? I'm not a goshdarn member of Riverside (not that I voted for Riverside. I withheld my vote). I don't care how much money most bands make or how many popularity polls they win. I'm not here playing rhythm guitar for Pain of Salvation, am I? Why should I feel as if I'm a part of their 'team'? 

And, on that note, why do you feel like you're a part of Steve Wilson's team? You aren't writing songs with him and singing a vocal harmony, now are you? All you've ever done is (I suppose) buy some of his work and, therefore, make him a bit more money (possibly). These are only a bit of argumentative fun for me.

Posted By: Siloportem
Date Posted: December 08 2011 at 01:25
Just voted for Porcupine 3 Tree times in a row.

-------------
Thanks !! Your topics always so good and informative. I like you talk.

Posted By: omphaloskepsis
Date Posted: December 08 2011 at 11:33
  When it comes to bands making music that make me happy.    Porcupine Tree is number One,  and Riverside is number with a bullet.   DT  a close number Three.    All three of these bands leave me earthbound though, compared to Yes and Jethro Tull.   But Anderson and Anderson don't make 'em like they used to. 

Posted By: Bonnek
Date Posted: December 08 2011 at 13:06

How did Riverside end up here?
Anyway, PT is the obvious winner of this contest but a finale between PT and Mars Volta or something would have had more appeal.

Posted By: Gandalff
Date Posted: December 09 2011 at 02:32
Originally posted by Bonnek Bonnek wrote:

Anyway, PT is the obvious winner of this contest but a finale between PT and Mars Volta or something would have had more appeal.
Mars Volta!LOL

-------------
A Elbereth Gilthoniel
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!

Date Posted: December 09 2011 at 05:35
Originally posted by Bonnek Bonnek wrote:

Well, the main problem with this tournament is that it's the same persons that got PT and Riverside to the final. The modern prog scene is pretty much centered around progressive metal, which means that the fans aren't as mixed when it comes to newer prog.

I remember the tournament from last year, that had bands from all ages of prog. It felt much more like a competition. Since it wasn't really the same persons who got King Crimson and Pink Floyd to the final. In this final we only have like 40 persons choosing between two of their favorites, which is why the final ended up this uninteresting.

Posted By: Warthur
Date Posted: December 09 2011 at 06:01
By "40 persons" you mean "86 and counting", which is a decent turnout based on the other polls in the competition.

Plus if you just peg PT with the prog metal tag you're missing a substantial and very important chunk of their career - more or less everything pre-In Absentia, in fact, so over half of their stuff.

Posted By: Fox On The Rocks
Date Posted: December 09 2011 at 15:01
My vote goes to Porcupine Tree.
They completely destroyed all of their opponents in this tournament by a large margin.

-------------

Posted By: Luna
Date Posted: December 09 2011 at 17:25
Originally posted by Fox On The Rocks Fox On The Rocks wrote:

They completely destroyed all of their opponents in this tournament by a large margin.

So you're voting for them because they're winning?

-------------
https://aprilmaymarch.bandcamp.com/track/the-badger" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: December 09 2011 at 17:38
Originally posted by SolarLuna96 SolarLuna96 wrote:

Safety in numbers.LOL

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Roland113
Date Posted: December 09 2011 at 18:43
^ Speaking of Crack the Sky!

-------------
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.

Date Posted: December 09 2011 at 18:45
wat

-------------

Date Posted: December 09 2011 at 18:47
This is a totally undeserved raping. Cry

-------------

Date Posted: December 09 2011 at 19:12
Originally posted by Warthur Warthur wrote:

By "40 persons" you mean "86 and counting", which is a decent turnout based on the other polls in the competition.

Plus if you just peg PT with the prog metal tag you're missing a substantial and very important chunk of their career - more or less everything pre-In Absentia, in fact, so over half of their stuff.

I don't know how I offended you but... for your sake I will from now on always write more detailed and specific posts.

Date Posted: December 10 2011 at 02:10

Tournament's over.

Now it's official:

PORCUPINE TREE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

Here's Steven Wilson celebrating the title

Well done Steven!!

Final score: Porcupine Tree 62-Riverside 28

Date Posted: December 10 2011 at 02:41

Most 'rapings' are in fact, undeserved....

Posted By: Earendil
Date Posted: December 10 2011 at 09:25
Originally posted by JS19 JS19 wrote:

Smile

Posted By: Fox On The Rocks
Date Posted: December 10 2011 at 21:30
Originally posted by SolarLuna96 SolarLuna96 wrote:

LOLNo I voted for PT because I prefer them much more than Riverside.

-------------

Posted By: mEP
Date Posted: December 14 2011 at 16:56

Date Posted: December 14 2011 at 17:09
Well in a case to see which artist you like more, i'd first determine if you like them both. The time to determine that is personal. Whether you fall in love with a band after 1 song or after hearing their entire output is up to you.

But to vote against a band you haven't heard at all isn't fair or wise.

-------------

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: December 14 2011 at 18:52

Could you name one single case in which a "raping" is deserved?

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: December 14 2011 at 18:57
Over a year ago I went to a concert in another city, and I took I bus some guy here usually rents for going to the concerts. He usually puts some videos on the but during the journey, and this time he did put a concert from Porcupine Tree, and then one from Riverside. The first one bored me quiet a bit, Riverside's intrigued me and I thought I should get somethin from them... sadly I still haven't. However, some time ago I checked a CD from Pocupine Tree on You Tube and did find it very good too, so I guess I will have to get some music from both of them when I can. Of course, right now I guess the easiest to find will be Steven Wilson's latest album, so I guess that will be the first one I'll get.

Date Posted: December 14 2011 at 19:07
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=82916&KW=Porcupine+Tree" rel="nofollow - Sure..

-------------

Date Posted: December 15 2011 at 07:30
Hey just as a final note, thanks for doing all of this Morningrise.  It's been a fun distraction for the back half of this year.

-------------
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.

Date Posted: December 15 2011 at 08:01
Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

Hey just as a final note, thanks for doing all of this Morningrise.  It's been a fun distraction for the back half of this year.

Thank you. Thumbs Up

Next year I'll probably do another one of these. I have a couple of interesting ideas around my head.

Date Posted: December 15 2011 at 11:09
It's definitely been interesting, thanks Morningrise.

But I hope you all do realize that for any poll that you open, Gandalff opens five. Stern Smile

Wink

Posted By: DanthraX
Date Posted: December 15 2011 at 11:14

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=82916&KW=Porcupine+Tree" rel="nofollow - Sure..

Clap

-------------
I look up, I'm almost blinded

by the warmth of what's inside me

and the taste that's in my soul,

but I'm dead inside as I stand alone...

Posted By: steve j
Date Posted: November 28 2012 at 15:25
Riverside for me.  It was a close contest, as I love both bands, but Riverside win it with their edgier sound.

Posted By: zeqexes
Date Posted: December 04 2012 at 01:49
PT

-------------

Posted By: The Jester
Date Posted: December 04 2012 at 05:40
Porcupine Tree for me as well...

-------------
If anybody wants please visit: http://www.gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/

This is my Blog mostly about Rock music, but also a few other things as well.

You are most welcome!

Thank you. :)

Date Posted: December 04 2012 at 08:26
These polls were hilarious, but fun.

-------------

Date Posted: December 06 2012 at 06:18

Remember the Dave Meros scandal? lol LOL

Date Posted: December 06 2012 at 07:20
Originally posted by Morningrise Morningrise wrote:

Remember the Dave Meros scandal? lol LOL

Oh I had forgotten about the Meros bit.  That was one of the funner long running series of polls.  I think people are still trying to capture some of the mystique of the tournament.  It was a very good year . . . 

Date Posted: December 06 2012 at 09:03
And how about when I changed the poll title and After Crying almost leaves Porcupine Tree out of the competition? That was fun. Some people wanted to incinerate me.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk