Print Page | Close Window

Brand X reunion for summer 2012 US tour

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
Forum Description: Announce (shows, dates and more) and discuss progressive events and bands touring (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84271
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 17:00
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Brand X reunion for summer 2012 US tour
Posted By: cstack3
Subject: Brand X reunion for summer 2012 US tour
Date Posted: January 16 2012 at 17:37
Peter Banks just posted this photo to his Facebook page, and it appears that Patrick Moraz won't be joining Goodsall & Company!  They also resurrected the Brand X band-name for this effort. 

I'll let you know details as I hear 'em, stay tuned!!  

Replies:
Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: January 16 2012 at 17:38
yeee- no

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: January 16 2012 at 17:45
Moraz would have been good but Sancious ain't no slacker.  I am a little bummed that the Patster bowed out.  So now it's a Brand X project...

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: PabstRibbon
Date Posted: January 16 2012 at 17:56
Hope for a world tour (hehe)

Posted By: Tapfret
Date Posted: January 16 2012 at 18:31
I guess I don't pay enough attention to know that Patrick Moraz was ever involved with Brand X.

-------------
https://www.last.fm/user/Tapfret" rel="nofollow">
https://bandcamp.com/tapfret" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp

Date Posted: January 16 2012 at 18:44
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

I guess I don't pay enough attention to know that Patrick Moraz was ever involved with Brand X.
LOL
Neither Sancious nor Moraz or the drummer guy ever were to my knowledge.  I can however confirm that both Jones and Goodsall were.  I am certainly curious to know if they intend to focus on the older stuff....

Also, what the heck is Peter Banks relationship to this???

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: Rutgers Joe
Date Posted: January 16 2012 at 20:11
Wow...Sancious!!!!   I'm there!!!!

-------------
The original (and very creepy) cover of THE STEVE HOWE ALBUM...hint...look in the water...

Date Posted: January 16 2012 at 23:16
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

LOL
Neither Sancious nor Moraz or the drummer guy ever were to my knowledge.  I can however confirm that both Jones and Goodsall were.  I am certainly curious to know if they intend to focus on the older stuff....

Good questions, all!  First of all, Goodsall posted this flyer to his FB page, and I, as a loyal PA member, dutifully posted it:

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=83456" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=83456

Suddenly, a new lineup (with David Sancious replacing Patrick Moraz) showed up on Banks' FB page!!  

Not sure what Pete's involvement is, and I think one of his assistants manages his electronic communications for him, so I'll look into it. 

Whatever, moves are being made!  Sancious is one righteous jazz-rocker, and this will be one killer lineup!  If anything, it will be more cohesive than a Moraz/Goodsall project might have been. 

The resurrection of the Brand X moniker is, I'm sure, for financial reasons.  Goodsall tells me that he and Percy got screwed mightily out of royalties from those years, it happened frequently.  

Date Posted: January 17 2012 at 06:09
So I guess this means that Patrick got the memo that prog is dead and David didn't? Tongue

-------------

Posted By: twosteves
Date Posted: January 17 2012 at 07:51
Originally posted by Rutgers Joe Rutgers Joe wrote:

Same. Hope he does some of his own stuff--which I love.

Date Posted: January 17 2012 at 16:30
Folks, the news is coming fast & furious!!  LOTS of announcements on this link!!  Portnoy, Brand X, McLaughlin, all sorts of good stuff!!

http://www.guitar-channel.com/rich_murray/2012/01/brand-x-reforms-with-john-goodsall.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.guitar-channel.com/rich_murray/2012/01/brand-x-reforms-with-john-goodsall.html

Posted By: clarkpegasus4001
Date Posted: January 18 2012 at 00:48
I guess they won't do any English dates Disapprove I did notice on that site, that The Aristocrats are touring though including the UK Smile I hope to make the Bilston gig Thumbs Up Guthrie Govan is a superb guitarist. Cool

-------------
Tony C.

Date Posted: January 19 2012 at 14:21
Originally posted by clarkpegasus4001 clarkpegasus4001 wrote:

I guess they won't do any English dates Disapprove I did notice on that site, that The Aristocrats are touring though including the UK Smile I hope to make the Bilston gig Thumbs Up Guthrie Govan is a superb guitarist. Cool

Stay tuned, my friend!  I know that John is looking forward to a London gig, and it would boggle the mind for them to pass on a UK tour.  

This promises to be a KILLER lineup!  I'll post more as I learn more!  

Date Posted: January 19 2012 at 15:43
Nice one Chuck! although London is still 100+ miles from me, bloody expensive and a nightmare to drive around! LOL.....Great news though all the same. Smile  I MUST see John live.

-------------
Tony C.

Posted By: DaleHauskins
Date Posted: January 19 2012 at 20:34

Anyone check out Jeff Berlin along with Motown bassist

Carol Kaye at 2012 NAMM http://www.namm.org/events/2012-namm-show" rel="nofollow - http://www.namm.org/events/2012-namm-show at The Mark Bass booth today...?                                                                          Pretty mega fun on a beautiful warm sunny sunshine day in home state of southern California!!

-------------
Dale Hauskins
(858) 401-2973
(310) 293-0432
https://artistecard.com/Dalehauskins

Date Posted: January 20 2012 at 14:05

Nice one Chuck! although London is still 100+ miles from me, bloody expensive and a nightmare to drive around! LOL.....Great news though all the same. Smile  I MUST see John live.

I know John a bit, come on over to the States & we'll drive over to his place!  He lives in rural MN.  Get ready to party though! 

If my chops were up to speed, I'd try to put a backup band together for the tour!  What a tough act to open for though!   

"Whatever falls," right?  Later!  

Date Posted: January 20 2012 at 14:07
Originally posted by Rutgers Joe Rutgers Joe wrote:

Check out this article about David Sancious & Brand X! 

http://travisrogersjr.weebly.com/3/post/2012/01/then-entered-david-sancious-a-brand-x-tour-update.html" rel="nofollow - http://travisrogersjr.weebly.com/3/post/2012/01/then-entered-david-sancious-a-brand-x-tour-update.html

Date Posted: January 20 2012 at 16:12
Just read this article and it say's Ambrosia will be touring with Brand X! great band I have a couple of their cd's, why don't I live in the USA? Ermm

-------------
Tony C.

Posted By: leonalvarado
Date Posted: January 30 2012 at 18:27
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

LOL

Patrick Moraz was never involved with Brand X but has recorded with Ronnie Ciago (the drummer), David Sancious is just a perfect fit to cover the keyboard duties. Patrick had to cancel due to some scheduling conflicts. John and Percy are founding members of Brand X. Peter Banks on the other hand, is very good friends with the man behind the tour. The flyer someone posted here is one of two flyers, (the other one is a double bill with Ambrosia). Some dates will just be Brand X and some will be with Ambrosia. The dates are not set yet because there are lots of logistics still to be worked out but hopefully they will announce something in the not-so-distant future. As for me, I'm the guy who's doing all the work on the graphics for the band. Besides having recorded with John Goodsall, I do graphic design on an everyday basis.

Believe me, everyone is very excited about this tour. The best thing people can do right now is spread the word. The more interest, the more places they will go to. The more places they play at, the better for the fans.

Date Posted: January 30 2012 at 18:36
Originally posted by leonalvarado leonalvarado wrote:

Besides having recorded with John Goodsall, I do graphic design on an everyday basis.

Really? May I ask what recording(s) you did?

-------------
Tony C.

Date Posted: January 31 2012 at 00:38

Patrick Moraz was never involved with Brand X but has recorded with Ronnie Ciago (the drummer), David Sancious is just a perfect fit to cover the keyboard duties. Patrick had to cancel due to some scheduling conflicts. John and Percy are founding members of Brand X. Peter Banks on the other hand, is very good friends with the man behind the tour. The flyer someone posted here is one of two flyers, (the other one is a double bill with Ambrosia). Some dates will just be Brand X and some will be with Ambrosia. The dates are not set yet because there are lots of logistics still to be worked out but hopefully they will announce something in the not-so-distant future. As for me, I'm the guy who's doing all the work on the graphics for the band. Besides having recorded with John Goodsall, I do graphic design on an everyday basis.

Believe me, everyone is very excited about this tour. The best thing people can do right now is spread the word. The more interest, the more places they will go to. The more places they play at, the better for the fans.

Hi, I'm a bud of John's, and he's been posting lots of information on his Facebook page.  This is one of the latest, nice graphic design!!  We will gladly await John & Company at their usual Brand X hangout in Chicago, namely "Park West" theater, best in the city!  Cheers!

Date Posted: February 01 2012 at 10:56

Besides having recorded with John Goodsall, I do graphic design on an everyday basis.

Really? May I ask what recording(s) you did?

John plays guitars on one of my CDs. You can check it here:  http://www.leonplaysmusic.com/Site/...html" rel="nofollow - http://www.leonplaysmusic.com/Site/...html

Date Posted: February 01 2012 at 11:03

Date Posted: February 15 2012 at 14:26

Date Posted: March 10 2012 at 21:40
Latest news I heard places the tour in August with a set of dates on the East coast.

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: March 10 2012 at 22:07
any chance of former Brand X member Peter Robinson being involved?
         (Last i heard of him, he was with a revamped Shawn Phillips)

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: March 11 2012 at 14:04
^ I checked Chuck's link, and alas, no Peter Robinson.
          Anybody know if he is currently musically active, and if so, with whom?

Date Posted: March 11 2012 at 18:41
Brand X's current line-up:
John Goodsall: Guitars
Percy Jones: Bass
Ronnie Ciago: Drums
David Sancious: Keyboards

Posted By: lilolee
Date Posted: March 13 2012 at 16:09
Bummed, both these and UK get together and not a sniff of coming to the UK, or even Europe Unhappy

Date Posted: April 26 2012 at 17:13
On John's Facebook page, he just posted this:

"Due to unsatifactory agency/booking practices.The band Brand X will probably not perform for at least 6 - 7 months.  John Goodsall is currently available for live & studio projects."

I'll let you know more as I hear about it.  David Sancious is touring with Sting, so he was out of the mix anyway. 

Posted By: Evolver
Date Posted: April 26 2012 at 17:55
Cry

-------------
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.

Posted By: PabstRibbon
Date Posted: April 26 2012 at 18:00
That sucks... Goodsall is amazing I would have loved to know that he's playing live again

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: April 27 2012 at 02:25
Bah indeed.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: DomValela
Date Posted: July 06 2012 at 20:03
Apparently Sancious will be playing on Peter Gabriel's next tour...further delay for Brand X?

-------------
...all around, all around, all around, all around...

Date Posted: July 07 2012 at 17:10
I'm not too sure as the status of that whole thing is. I haven't been notified of any of the future plans. Hopefully they will do something sooner than later, with or without Sancious.

Posted By: Bitterblogger
Date Posted: July 09 2012 at 01:48
Glad to see that keyboards are included. Their sound was a little thin the last time around. BTW, whatever happened to Frank Katz?

Posted By: deafmoon
Date Posted: July 20 2012 at 13:52
So...we sit and wait because of what...schedules...money...bookings...just what is it? Summer is half over unless the advertisement was for Australia's summer.

-------------
Deafmoon

Posted By: sturoc
Date Posted: July 22 2012 at 14:43
I have to admit I loved Brand X in it's hey day of the 70s and early 80s, even saw them open up for JM  at the old Morris Stage in NJ.
For me there was only one Brand X and it was then.
But to keep resurrecting the name etc Ugh, I get tired of hearing it
Interesting to note that either marketing or the old " I get my name on the bill or I'm not in the band "  thing  coming to light here with Sancious ( yes a great musician) name up front.

Posted By: DaleHauskins
Date Posted: July 22 2012 at 15:53
Some of the best shows at The Roxy in Hollywood that I attended as a youth,(besides Peter Gabriel);were Brand X with Phil Collins & Morris Pert (Three days).(Phil made this Los Angeles guitarist laugh hard playing his little cassette deck closing and opening the curtains over and over of the Roxy playing "The 20th-Century Fox Fanfare" by Alfred Newman before Brand X performed.
(Later back stage,Phil would run his little cassette deck with the sound of a loud chainsaw over all a lot of us including myself.Too funny classic times...!!)

-------------
Dale Hauskins
(858) 401-2973
(310) 293-0432
https://artistecard.com/Dalehauskins

Posted By: nowvoyager
Date Posted: February 21 2013 at 06:42
When is the new brandX cd coming out?Is there a live cd/dvd of any of the 2012shows?What cd did artist do W/John goodsall?

-------------
Manuel m.franco,miami,fla.prog/fusion muscian*(diverse&electric)UK/Mahavishnu Orchestra/4th Dimension/Spectrum Road/King Crimson/Henry Cow/Fred Frith/John Zorn-Naked City/Blottedscience/Animals as Ldr

Date Posted: February 21 2013 at 06:49
Saw the Manifest Destiny tour-showvwas SO GREAT-we drove 100+miles to 2nd show,next night to see/hear it.Can't wait for new cd with David sancious:a brilliant guitarist&keyboardist,too:-) :-) btw-ex-Yess/Refugee Keyboardiist-Patrick couldn't participate due t scheduling conflicts.Maybe him&ex-orig.Yes guitariist will get a band together!!.UK in miami/3/30/2014@Grand central!

-------------
Manuel m.franco,miami,fla.prog/fusion muscian*(diverse&electric)UK/Mahavishnu Orchestra/4th Dimension/Spectrum Road/King Crimson/Henry Cow/Fred Frith/John Zorn-Naked City/Blottedscience/Animals as Ldr

Date Posted: February 21 2013 at 06:51
2013!UK has a show@grandCentral/miami.a must!

-------------

Date Posted: February 21 2013 at 07:01
He was living in los angeles doing soundtracks-in the 90's.A very good friend of mine was his neighbor!If u like him-Check out Duncan mackays lp*(no cd-yet!),feat Andrew mccolough/King crimson/Greenslade,drr/John wetton/bass/King Crimson&UK-currently!/Mel Collins/sax/King Crimson*(on Recent cd "A scarcity of Miracles!)+21st century schizoid band*(100% King Crimson Members!)sort of K.Emmerson meets Eddie jobson!

-------------

Date Posted: February 21 2013 at 07:54
Theree is a massive interest in all things prog/fusion.esp.Poland/Argentina&,usa.95%of UKs'tours sold out-already!+tthere r many prog/fusion fests worldwide.most cds are in print too-someones buying this stufg!See the sucess of the Esoteric label+,innovative bandbandsas Animals as leaders*(best alltime seller on their labele!)Porcupine tree,opeth,dream theatre etc.So-whens the tour/cd/dvs??of brandx,of course!

Posted By: Moogtron III
Date Posted: February 21 2013 at 08:59
Oh... okay... too bad, then Disapprove

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk