Forum Description: General progressive music discussions
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=86202
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 19:31
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Has prog ever made you cry?
Posted By: RoyFairbank
Subject: Has prog ever made you cry?
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 12:57
Before one of my classes some girls asked me and two other guys if we ever cried (one was arguing that men don't cry because their emotions are black and white), I said the last time I cried was when a long term pet had died a little over a year ago, but that music sometimes made me well up. Another girl was shocked, "Music!? What kind of Music!?" These three girls in particular are known for their well-broadcast fondness of Korean pop whose lyrics they could not understand- so I think I understand that they would be bewildered by the suggestion music could move someone. The girls voice was utterly shocked, I wish I could convey it, as if the concept of crying or feeling any deep connection to music was unfathomable. Classic.

Prog for me unleashes very, very deep emotions. I don't listen to my favorite band, Floyd, too much, because it unleashes great forces of introspection and awe at the universe, society and my fate in my mind. I've listened to Floyd since I was a child, and its like a Freudian connection.

I don't cry frequently, or sob or anything, but a tear has dropped a few times over the years. Oddly enough, one song that effects me is Fanfare For The Common Man by ELP, I don't know why, it just conjures up images that I consider beautiful.

More frequently I reach that "pre-cry" stage where I think most men naturally go to, rather than outright shedding tears.

I'm listening to Dark Side Of The Moon as its raining outside.... It's pretty powerful stuff.

Similar experiences, or "no one should take music so seriously."

Replies:
Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:04
A few of the more emotional pieces about life and death have gotten me there; "Turn of the Century" by Yes and "Never the Same" by Echolyn are two that immediately spring to mind.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Posted By: Gerinski
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:18
Sure, the cover art of Love Beach LOL

Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:21
Yes, and it still does sometimes. Few examples: Mostly Autumn's The Gap Is Too Wide and Mother Nature, everything of Syd Barrett if I think to his story, and the poetry of the prog-related Fabrizio De Andre' (because I understand the lyrics), just to say the first things that I have in mind.

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com

Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:21
and of course High Hopes

-------------

Posted By: dtguitarfan
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:22
I mostly listen to Progressive Metal (hey, I try other things, but I know what I like), so it's rare that this music makes me cry. Actually the one artist that causes tears for me isn't even progressive - David Gray. However, two Progressive Metal songs do come to mind that did make me cry the first time I heard them, both having to do with parenthood. The first, I heard before I was a father - Goodnight Kiss, from Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater. The second I heard when my son was about nine months old, so it meant a lot more to me then than it would've had I heard it earlier in my life - Keep Breathing by Redemption. One of their guitarists wrote it about his daughter, Parker, who has a degenerative disease that caused her to go blind. He talks about how he hates to see her going through the pain, wishes he could take the pain from her, but can't believe how brave she is and how it inspires him. Man, I had to pull over when I heard that one in the car...

Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:23
Was just a joke, didn't mean to sound disrespectful.

I can't remember any specific case but yes, I know that if I happen to be in some certain intense state of mind, certain songs or passages can surely tie a knot in my throat. Maybe the a cappella begining of Dancing With The Moonlit Knight, indeed Turn of the Century, Queen's Nevermore or You Take My Breath Away, The Lamia...

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:25
Originally posted by RoyFairbank RoyFairbank wrote:

More frequently I reach that "pre-cry" stage where I think most men naturally go to, rather than outright shedding tears.

Yeah, I get that too.  I never could come up with a name for that state, so I'm glad you finally did.  "Pre-cry".  Simple, spot on.

Anyhoo, if you count the Moody Blues as prog (some people don't), a lot of Mike Pinder's songs make me "pre-cry".  My Song, Lost in a Lost World, Melancholy Man, Dawn is a Feeling... he put the "Moody" in Moody Blues, I think.

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:28
Pre-cryLOL

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:32
Knowing the value of a good cry, sometimes when I'm in pre-cry mode I try to just let it go into a full-on deluge of tears (if I'm alone, especially), but I can't do it.  What prog song will release me from the chains of stoicism?

-------------

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:32
Originally posted by dtguitarfan dtguitarfan wrote:

I mostly listen to Progressive Metal (hey, I try other things, but I know what I like), so it's rare that this music makes me cry. Actually the one artist that causes tears for me isn't even progressive - David Gray. However, two Progressive Metal songs do come to mind that did make me cry the first time I heard them, both having to do with parenthood. The first, I heard before I was a father - Goodnight Kiss, from Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater. The second I heard when my son was about nine months old, so it meant a lot more to me then than it would've had I heard it earlier in my life - Keep Breathing by Redemption. One of their guitarists wrote it about his daughter, Parker, who has a degenerative disease that caused her to go blind. He talks about how he hates to see her going through the pain, wishes he could take the pain from her, but can't believe how brave she is and how it inspires him. Man, I had to pull over when I heard that one in the car...

Ooh, I just remembered one more - Seventh Wonder has a concept album called Mercy Falls (which I HIGHLY recommend), the plot of which is very difficult to decipher. We know there was a car accident and the dad is in a coma, and "Tears for a Father" is a scene where the son is by his dad's bedside talking to him about how much he misses him. Man, I hope my kids never have to go through that...

Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:39
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Knowing the value of a good cry, sometimes when I'm in pre-cry mode I try to just let it go into a full-on deluge of tears (if I'm alone, especially), but I can't do it.  What prog song will release me from the chains of stoicism?

This ethereal Zeuhl classic just might do the trick:

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:43
Often.

Recently...Genesis Rome 2007.

Cinema Show­, Firth and Carpet Crawlers.

-------------

Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:45
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

This ethereal Zeuhl classic just might do the trick:

Yes... I believe it has come close before.  Great song/album...

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: clarke2001
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:46
Well, yes.Embarrassed

Men on average cry less than women, but that doesn't mean we don't cry - just look at the dedicated sport fans.

Prog songs that stimulated my lachrymal glands are 750000 Anni Fa, L'Amore from Darwin! by Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, and the best guitar solo in history (sorry Mr. Gilmour): Rhayader Goes To Town from The Snow Goose by Camel.

-------------
https://japanskipremijeri.bandcamp.com/album/perkusije-gospodine" rel="nofollow - Percussion, sir!

Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:50
I only cry when I run out of beer and smack...

Seriously though, I might've shed a tear or two the first time I heard The Madcap Laughs, but that is because I have a deep affection for Syd. I really feel him - and to some extent I can relate to his insanity - I am just able to hold it together - currently that is...

-------------

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:50
Hi,

Not only "progressive" music ... but any music really.

The last piece in Nektar's Recycled is one of the saddest things I have ever heard. The band was done and broke and tired and it was over. The material in the next album was almost all from previous stuff they had done in concert before, so that album was not "new" per se, and since then ... I personally have not felt that it was as good or strong as it could be. I did, enjoy tremendously their concert in America (Nearfest?) which was good, but ... but ... but ... I had tears in my eyes ... it felt old, tired, and trying to find a spark that was not there.

Fairport Convention - One More Chance from the album "Rising for the Moon". Sandy Denny did not survive this song and died a couple of weeks later. To make matters even more nerve wrecking, on the remastered CD there is a piano version that is far more hauntingly beautiful than the massive voice and instrumental jam on the first version on the album, which is magnificent already and a very honest and touching tribute to the lady ... one of the most powerful and saddest moments in rock music for me! A truly beautiful voice.

AD2 - Apocaliptyc Bore on the Side 2 of Vive La Trance -- It is an anthem of sorts but it really helps tell the story of the band and its work ... and after that piece ... it was over. No more jams that mattered and that enthralled us, instead a few pieces of some synthesizer touch here and there in the album "Made in Germany" that were pathetic and were mostly meaningless as opposed to the previous montages they had done. The lyrics kinda tell it all, that the days of drugs and fun were over ... and the music in their albums never again regained the power, strength and intent that it had before. There always was one or two cuts worth listening to, but hearing "Loosey Girls" is not the same thing as "Yeti" or anything in "Wolf City" ... and to me it was ... not good.

AD2 - Part 2. The hatred and the disgusting attitude that they have towards a lot of their music. The album "Utopia" is very good and has a lot of nice things ... yet John calls is "b*****d" on an email. The album No blah blah number is also very good ... it's not even listed on their website! In the end, this is sad, and a disrespect to the art of creativity and experience. You can not tear out a piece of your heart and not pay the price for it! And in art it is visible ... and as Guy Guden would say ... get thee off your bummery!

Can - I saw Damo with a band over here in the west coast. I took pictures on the show and such (posted on teh website) ... and just before the end of the show ... I left. I felt empty. I felt out of time and place. Because of my film/theater work and studies and background, I loved the free form that this was and what it brought about. For people on stage and film (and hopefully music ... as Can is that example!), stuff like this is very important and valuable ... and all I saw was ... a sort of top ten rendition now of what was left of it. It was not good. Not even close. It had nice bits ... but it was not that great. When I got home, I started crying ... it was like our friends had left. I certainly do not want Damo to be on my wall like Elvis is on so many walls, but what I saw ... was not "creative" ... and it lacked spark.  I kept thinking of the old like in the old days ... these guys needed to be and get stoned, because they stunk!

The Who (At Knebworth or equivalent about 6 or 7 years ... not sure which). There is a moment in there that I had seen inside my dreams several weeks earlier and one of the reasons I wanted to see The Who do their thing (and hoped the screwed up tv transmissions would show it!), was to try and find/catch that moment. It's very subtle, last a few seconds and it's just before a loud scream ... and the moment before it was what I was looking for it ... it was him saying to himself "I don't want to do this anymore. It doesn't mean anything to anyone in here!" .... and I have always agreed and thought that the album "Who Are You" was specially important because of that and what this group had come through and how they were also revolting to a lot of the social bs ... and guess what ... that scream is about that ... and I know what Roger meant and wanted to say, and could no longer say it, because it didn't matter anymore ... we're just a bunch of __________ fans that don't give a cahoot about the music and what it means. We also believe in prog ... not because of what it means, but because of our own ideas. And that is not the main reason why most artists ever get on the stage. It was sad ... and the real end of my generation as a bunch of geriatric hippocrites that don't know what the word "love" really means, and on top of it, they mostly don't care and are not capable of showing it. And it's a totally disassociated group ... that believes in the top ten, but not in the music itself. How much more vain can that be? Roger you can scream again ... but no one will hear you! And you know it!

The Man Band -- The long cut of C'mon in "Back Into the Future". I think this is Mickey in that long version of the piece that does the yodeling and lala's alongside the choir and the guitar. It sure sounds like him. A few years back I saw the DVD about Tom Dowd and him talking ... about "catching the magic when it happens" ... you can't set it up, and sometimes it is not perfect, but the moment itself ... is glorious ... and he found us ... one of the best moments in rock history ... in Layla. Every time I hear that long piece and that wonderful lala'ing in the middle of it, you know one thing about music, or ideas ... you have to FEEL IT to do it ... and you will never find a better example, in live music than those few minutes of the most amazing feeling ... and here was ... a very special moment that you can not script ... to me this is as good as anything else ... and I still cry ... because you can hear the dreaminess and the desire coming through ... at least what the piece meant to Mickey that no one else could relate to is my thought!

Klaus Schulze with Lisa Garrard - Das Rheingold. This is not for everyone, and not something that progressive afficcionados even enjoy listening to ... but yeah ... when I was done hearing that I applauded the grit, the courage and the essential desire to just live through the music ... regardless of what it is. Someone in this board once sais that LIsa was boring repetitive and stuck up ... and I ... I cired. I thought that Richard Wagner, Mahler and many others would have loved to have heard this, and might have added/changed the course of opera ... Italy is/was way too melody minded to appreciate something like this ... and what I heard there was ... yeah ... I have few words for it, but I will dream with this forever. It talks more than anyone will ever know.

And finally ... Magma in San Francisco 1999 at the Music Festival that Sean Ahearn lost his shirt and shorts on. He didn't deserve that loss for his insane efforts with "progressive music" but we're a fickle and f**ked up group sometimes. I was the first out of my seat for a standing ovation that ended up lasting almost 15 minutes and had Christian in tears. I had a camera and was shooting the whole event, and I could no longer focus and the last 45 minutes ... just let it go ... you gotta see it to believe it. Maybe it was the feeling that after all these years, like 30 of them, FINALLY a validation that all this is important and means something for me ... but I was very glad to shake Christian and Stella's hands and thank them ... for some reason I kept thinking this would not come off well live ... despite having heard a couple of their live albums ... and of course ... sublime is not enough of a word for this hour plus of music!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: moonlitbay
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 13:59
The whole concept of "Remedy lane", by Pain of Salvation. Especially Undertow....

-------------
A reunion.......it will never happen in my lifetime!!

Posted By: Negoba
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 14:02
The first time I heard the a capella beginning of Dancing with the Moonlit Knight off the live box set, I felt some tears.

And the reprise of "Hey baby, with your guardian eye so blue" at the end of Supper's Ready.

I feel tears at awesome moments during live concerts sometimes. Even with cover singer, when I saw Yes a few years ago and they got to "I get up, I get down" I felt it.

-------------
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.

Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 14:32

Seriously though, I might've shed a tear or two the first time I heard The Madcap Laughs, but that is because I have a deep affection for Syd. I really feel him - and to some extent I can relate to his insanity - I am just able to hold it together - currently that is...

That's interesting. I can not say I did not feel somewhat like that when I bought the album ... and thought ... good God ... who is that ... when compared to the work he had done with Pink Floyd ... so the stuff with PF, was able to take his lyrics and create a massive atmostphere around it ... Syd by himself? ... was almost invisible and the words ... lacked meaning.

Something was not right.

But then, almost all of that group that came out of that house with Syd ... the only one that cleaned himself up quicker and sooner than anyone else, was Daevid Allen ... the others survived, but there is a lot to them that ... is sad, and sometimes strange and then ... downright bizarre and weird. I'm not sure I like thinking of my generation like that at all ... we have way too much great music and art ... that was much more indicative of our spirits and souls ... than the blatant dismembering of Syd ... and it is not better on his next album either!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: colorofmoney91
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 14:41
I felt kind of internally upset when I first heard "Epitaph" from ItCotCK. The way Lake sings "I fear tomorrow I'll be crying" has so much emotion in it.

-------------
http://hanashukketsu.bandcamp.com" rel="nofollow - Hanashukketsu

Posted By: PabstRibbon
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 14:41
Some prog albums remind me some amazing moments in my life and sometimes drive me to cry and I don't feel ashame by that. Not at all.It's the only thing that makes me cry so it must be very powerfull. That's why I love Prog

Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 14:45
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

That's interesting. I can not say I did not feel somewhat like that when I bought the album ... and thought ... good God ... who is that ... when compared to the work he had done with Pink Floyd ... so the stuff with PF, was able to take his lyrics and create a massive atmostphere around it ... Syd by himself? ... was almost invisible and the words ... lacked meaning.

Something was not right.

But then, almost all of that group that came out of that house with Syd ... the only one that cleaned himself up quicker and sooner than anyone else, was Daevid Allen ... the others survived, but there is a lot to them that ... is sad, and sometimes strange and then ... downright bizarre and weird. I'm not sure I like thinking of my generation like that at all ... we have way too much great music and art ... that was much more indicative of our spirits and souls ... than the blatant dismembering of Syd ... and it is not better on his next album either!

I think he was brilliant also when he went mad. Yes it is a different Syd - and one that he couldn't shake off - one that brought him down and everything, but the music and his words still inspires me. I felt the first impact of that album very closely and beautifully - even if it was downright bizarre at times. Still is. 
And I still remember him for Piper at the Gates of Dawn too. Wonderful record that one! 

-------------

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Lizzy
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 14:59
Ommadawn
It was a rather chilly summer morning and I was exhausted after having studied all night for that day's exam. Thought I'd take a break and give this one a first listen. The sun was just shining...
Just so we're clear, those were tears of joy, k?

-------------
Property of Queen Productions...

Posted By: Dayvenkirq
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:05
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, pt. 9, the very ending - nearly made me cry.

Posted By: IMPF
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:08
It is impossible for me to listen to the ending of The Narrow Margin without bursting into tears.

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:10
Not quite, but there are some songs that still make me well up. Certainly 'Turn of the Century' by Yes, 'Undertow' and 'Afterglow' by Genesis.

Visions by Stevie Wonder almost gets me every time too..

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:14
There is not much music that has made me cry

One song that does that for me almost every time is "Playin' This Song Together" by the late Helmut Koellen, from his solo album "You Won't See Me" Especially in the middle, when there is some string work and background vocals-it seems sad, and moves me to tears.

The only other music that has made me cry are parts of some of the symphonies of composer Anton Bruckner, like the ending of the finale movement of his 5th Symphony, or the ending of the Adagio movements of his 7th and 9th Symphonies, or the Adagio of his 2nd Symphony. These moments are so beautiful, and sad, and emotional!

Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:15
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Not quite, but there are some songs that still make me well up. Certainly 'Turn of the Century' by Yes, 'Undertow' and 'Afterglow' by Genesis.

I'm with you on Stevie boy. He is magnificent!

Incidentally, do you know Finnish band WigWam? This band, especially the frontsinger, sounds like a white boy version of Stevie Wonder gone Canterbury. Khan meets Wonder.

Here's a clip:

-------------

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Fox On The Rocks
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:24
Originally posted by Lizzy Lizzy wrote:

Ommadawn
It was a rather chilly summer morning and I was exhausted after having studied all night for that day's exam. Thought I'd take a break and give this one a first listen. The sun was just shining...
Just so we're clear, those were tears of joy, k?

Same with me. Big smile And yes, those were tears of joy. Wink

-------------

Posted By: Marty McFly
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:26

For me it's easy - few Prog songs made me cry. It is basically the only occasion when I cry - when certain song is so emotionally beautiful that it is too much to bear. Not crying from pain, not crying from tear-jerking movies, not because I would be sassy pussy, but

Klaatu - Hope

mostly

To lesser extent

Sandrose - Never Good at Saying Goodbye
some Moon Safari stuff
Queen - Innuendo (because it's Freddie's epitaph)

-------------
There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my

Posted By: akaBona
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:31
King Crimson - Starless

always has been an emotional piece for me ...

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:34
IMPALED ON NAILS OF ICE

Posted By: ole-the-first
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:40
Originally posted by Marty McFly Marty McFly wrote:

Innuendo isn't exactly an 'epitaph' song but... One day (it was a couple of weeks ago) I listened to this song and I really cried. As I've found out, I've never really understood this song before. There was such a dark feeling inside me, it was like mourning for every misjustice on this terrible planet. Other highly emotional Queen song is 'These Are the Days of Our Lives', I almost cry each time I hear the guitar solo.

The other prog songs wich can lead me to tears are 'Half Light' by Porcupine Tree, and, probably. 'Islands' and 'Starless' by King Crimson.

-------------
This night wounds time.

Posted By: KingCrInuYasha
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:45
"Starless". Good gravy, "Starless". If King Crimson created that piece simply to make people break down in tears, they succeeded.

-------------
He looks at this world and wants it all... so he strikes, like Thunderball!

Posted By: Smurph
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:54
This is not normal crying music but I have serious brain problems. I hear magical music in my brain sometimes, and if someone is able to create that I cry because it makes me feel like I'm not alone in this world. Also, I can't understand lyrics so lyrics rarely have anything to to do with it. Also I'm permanently depressed so sometimes just hearing this music in my brain and the layers of thought that ooze from it make me cry too because it is too much to handle but you get the point.

Koenjihyyakei from Angherr Shispha - the first track towards the end made me cry because it matched those noises and the emotion coming out of it is the kind of emotion i feel constantly.

The ending of Aberkinula by the mars volta
Drunkship of Lanterns- the ending- dang its crazy

Baying of the Hounds by Opeth (The heavy part after the first acoustic break)

Gorguts- when the violin comes in on Obscura... damn

Deathspell Omega- Chaining the Kacheton - after the beginning craziness subsides and the band comes together and they strum similar chords

Sometimes Wolves in the Throne room makes me tear up too.

etc, etc, etc- there are tons of songs and instances

Also, sometimes when it isn't crying that comes out its more like a weird insane body buzz that feels like doing lines and tripping. I get crazy tingles all over my body and all of my senses become more aware.

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 15:56
The first time I listened to Van der Graaf Generator's "Pilgrims" (on Still Life, 1976), I thought that my heart and my lungs were going to explode.

But I got better and I can now listen to this song without feeling like this.

Posted By: Jojowarren
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 16:01
Haha, uh, yes. I can't even believe that there are people who aren't moved to tears by music. I pity those people.

Off the top of my head, I transcend and almost always cry when listening to Close to the Edge (Yes), One For the Vine and Ripples (Genesis), Song Within a Song and Echoes (Camel), Nothing At All (Gentle Giant), 2112 (Rush), and probably many many more to a lesser extent.

Honestly, whoever said that men don't cry is awful. The entire point of music to me is the emotional strength of it. Music besides prog has no sway on my emotions by comparison. I guess this is why some people don't understand it..

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 16:05

Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I'm with you on Stevie boy. He is magnificent!
Incidentally, do you know Finnish band WigWam? This band, especially the frontsinger, sounds like a white boy version of Stevie Wonder gone Canterbury. Khan meets Wonder.
Here's a clip:

I'd not heard that. Thanks for posting the clip. I like that!

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: Smurph
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 16:06
Oh yea I forgot the end of track 4 on Om by Negura Bunget
AND the end of track 10 made me well up and I felt as though I had left my body.

Also, RIP by banco, and l'evolutiozone(spelling), and track 4 on their 3rd album whatever its called.

Let's all be happy that music has this amazing power. Music is the most powerful thing man can create.

If aliens landed on Earth, I would show them music as proof that the human race was worth keeping alive.

Posted By: Rune2000
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 16:23
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Often.

Recently...Genesis Rome 2007.

Cinema Show­, Firth and Carpet Crawlers.
Clap

-------------

Posted By: Garden of Dreams
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 16:26
Originally posted by moonlitbay moonlitbay wrote:

The whole concept of "Remedy lane", by Pain of Salvation. Especially Undertow....

Its the same with me although I actually haven't ever cried because of music but I have come close .  Rope Ends and Trace of Blood always bring me pretty close to tears.  The Perfect Element(the album) also brings me close to tears along with the end section of Supper's Ready, especially the live version with Peter Gabriel.

-------------
Just give it all an hour by the concrete lake.

Posted By: desistindo
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 16:29
Just Emo-Prog songs, like Dust In The Wind.

Posted By: friso
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 16:43
I've been through a lot accompanied by In the Court of the Crimson King. Somehow I had periods I felt deeply touched by some neo prog acts, mainly Arena.

Posted By: twosteves
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 17:08
Cry no but get teary ----lot's---Yes CTTE, Awaken, In the Presence of, Genesis---Lamia, Firth of Fifth guitar solo---even Me and Sarah Jane----and others---
Also happened in NYC at Madison Sq Garden Yes 35th anniversary concert----And You and I was so powerful and loud---and god Howe so into it---that at the big climatic last section the whole audience was on their feet cheering and Howe miked the slide guitar part and the crowd stood cheering for what seemed a long time----preventing Jon from singing the last little part----thousands on their feet still cheering a 35 year old group was very moving for me.CryClap

Posted By: yanch
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 17:21
It has once. Not sure which tour, but one of the tours where Yes performed in-the-round-probably in the late 70's or very early 80's. They did an marvelous version of The Gates of Delerium and I got all teary when they started the Soon section. Interestingly, my younger brother, one of the least emotional people I know, also teared up at the same time.

Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 18:45
Cry, no, but I have been moved by a great deal of music.  Much of Vangelis' output, particularly Heaven and Hell, the ending of Entangled, the final line and fade out of Horslips' Book of Invasions.  From Classical there is The Unanswered Question by Chrles Ives, the motets of Browne, Desprez, and Tallis, and the music of Hildegard von Bingen.  There is more, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"

Posted By: prog4evr
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 19:48
All the F***ing time!  That's the reason why Prog moves me so!  I always cry towards the end of Yes-Awaken (GFTO) with Wakeman's organ interlude leading into the choral scat-vocals.  God, that stuff is ethereal and not-of-this-world!  Many tunes on Bainbridge's Veil of Gossamer move me to tears as well - such beautiful music!  I can't think of all the prog music that moves me to tears right now, but 9 times out of 10, that is probably why it would be listed among my favorite prog - because it moves me to tears...

Posted By: rogerthat
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 20:58

Posted By: ClemofNazareth
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 22:21

I think we might have done this before, but anyway -

Prog:

Gates of Delirium

Supertramp - Don't Leave me Now

Faun Fables - Pictures

Marillion - Forgotten Sons

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Providence

non-prog:

Johnny Cash - Hurt

Val Stoecklein - Say it's Not Over

Alina Simone - My Sadness Is Luminous

CSNY - Carry On

Roy Orbison - pretty much anything

Harry Nilsson - Without You

-------------
"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 22:37
Also, the Paganotti kids' solo on the EPOK II version of Wurdah Itah

Posted By: Ambient Hurricanes
Date Posted: April 12 2012 at 23:52
I can't think of any time a piece of music has actually made me cry.  Yes, powerul music makes me emotional and moves me in a profound way, but I don't typically physically express this emotion.  But I did get choked up listening to music once; I had just got the news that my grandfather was dying, and I was thinking about him as I put on "Beneath the Surface" by Dream Theater, and it was one of the saddest and most beautiful things I've ever experienced.

-------------
I love dogs, I've always loved dogs

Posted By: Riuku
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 00:39
Some that make me cry the most are:
Bravado, Rush
Postcard, Steven Wilson
La Villa Strangiato, Rush
Stars Die, Porcupine Tree
Solsbury Hill, Peter Gabriel
By the end of any VdGG or Gabriel-Genesis album, I 'll probably be crying because those are the most powerful albums I've ever heard.

Pain of Salvation and A Perfect Circle and Tool will do the trick. 
Sometimes Circa Survive. Soon by Yes. The "Do you believe in the day" section of TAAB, and if Slipstream and a cheap Day Return were longer they'd do the trick. Thin Air by Anathema as well as The Beginning and The End.

Hmm, Gilmour's guitar, especially High Hopes.
King Crimson's Cadence and Cascade.
An odd one is Chain Lightning by Rush. I have no idea why.

Cry
Eriatarka, Halo of Nembuttals, Copernicus, and Roulette Dares by TMV, especially that guitar note about 4 minutes in. There are a lot!

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 00:41
Johnny Cash's Hurt is one of the most powerful songs ever, but I like to call it prog because it's a unique cover of a great progressive band's song.

Posted By: King Manuel
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 01:53
Yes, once, at an Arena Concert, they just played so beautiful I got tears in my eyes ....Cry

-------------
Don't Bore Us, Get To The Chorus

Posted By: awaken77
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 04:49
"Sunrise" from Arthur Browns' Galactic Zoo make me cry

National Health of Question and Cures some tracks too (especially with sweeping, "crying" guitar solos )

KC starless

Posted By: martinprog77
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 05:17
Originally posted by moonlitbay moonlitbay wrote:

i just cant listen to that album anymore .
when a got it,  6 months before my wife lost a 14 weeks  pregnancy and the first time i listen to the album with the booklet in my hand  reading the lyrics [ a always do that when a get a new album ]  i just cry really bad.i get a very depress feeling  every time a listen to it

-------------
Nothing can last
there are no second chances.
Never give a day away.
Always live for today.

Posted By: awaken77
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 05:23
i had bad experience with Dream Theater "Scenes from memory". I had injured my knee and was unable to walk, I was lying in the bed for 4 days, and listening the album. In the end there is a sound effect similar to "ziplock", and I was sleeping and had a gallucunation that I died, and my body is packed into that black bag for the bodies with ziplock... then I awoke from the nightmare and fugired out that DT record is still playin when I was sleeping, and this scary sound was actually from the record.

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 05:32
I don't think so. I'm a man.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: AtomicCrimsonRush
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 05:36
The crescendo of And You and I from Yes Tsongas DVD had me teary.

Firth of Fifth instrumental break from Genesis in Rome DVD

The song on Neal Morse's Testimony 2 about his dying little girl who was healed.

Powerful stuff 

-------------

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 06:02
I remember when I first heard Godspeed You Black Emperor (the skinny fists album) - I received it in the mail at work, and took it in the car for my lunch break.  I sat in the car listening to it and felt an immediate connection with it.  It was like a soundtrack for my life (wow, is that narcissistic or what).  I think a tear or two might have seeped out.

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 06:14
If you want to see 25,000 prog/folk fans blubbing in cracked harmony (myself included), just go to Fairport Convention's annual festival at Cropredy; Fairport always end the set with 'Meet On The Ledge' - a beautiful song about us being reunited with our loved ones after death.

Always makes me think about those I've lost & always brings on a tear (luckily, it's usually raining, so no-one can see I'm not being manly ) - there's rarely a dry eye in the field (see previous rain comment).

Also - the line "Now I've lost everything, I give to you my soul" from Genesis's 'Afterglow' (in fact the whole version on 'Seconds Out') can get me going.

The most embarrassing one which had me going though, was the cliche ridden schmaltz that is 'The Spirit Carries On' by Dream Theater

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 06:17
^ True that The Spirit Carries On. Gets most of males and all of our girlfriends/spouses too.

-------------
There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 08:50
I have strong emotions even with Kayak's "Coming Up For Air" (the album I mean). Not properly crying, but Universal Totem Orchestra and Area are quite moving. More question of music, not of lyrics.

-------------

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 09:10
Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

The most embarrassing one which had me going though, was the cliche ridden schmaltz that is 'The Spirit Carries On' by Dream Theater

I was at Radio City Music Hall when they played this, which was recorded and released in the Score album. THAT was powerful.

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 09:13
The almost happy sounding guitar in A Trace of Blood during the fast piano sections is the most misleading thing ever...it's amazing how he manages to make it feel so lost within the music. The last minute or so of Dryad of the Woods is amazing as well.

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 09:20
Not prog, but when the lights were switched off and a black chorist raised her fist lightened by two beams of light, Johnny Clegg had just finished singing "Asimbonanga", dedicated to Nelson Mandela and we had some seconds of silence before a great applause. It was in Rome in 1985

The same year Rick Wakeman played the whole Journey to The Center Of the Earth in one shot with Ashley Holt and the few people present under a tent raised up for a standing applause like at a classical music concert.

But the time when I cried more was at the first Pink Floyd concert in Rome in 1986. There was a riot outside the stadium and Police's tear gas was brought inside the stadium by the wind....Cry

-------------

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 09:34

I was at Radio City Music Hall when they played this, which was recorded and released in the Score album. THAT was powerful.

I've got a version of this on 'Live Scenes...' which was recorded at RCMH; same gig?

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 09:54

I've got a version of this on 'Live Scenes...' which was recorded at RCMH; same gig?

No, that was in 2000 right after they released Scenes From a Memory. This was 2005 for their 20th anniversary - they played the whole second half of the show with a full orchestra. Best show I've ever been to. Nothing beats the amazing sound quality of that place. Not a bad seat in the venue - perfect acoustics that are crystal clear anywhere in the venue.

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 09:58
Originally posted by colorofmoney91 colorofmoney91 wrote:

I felt kind of internally upset when I first heard "Epitaph" from ItCotCK. The way Lake sings "I fear tomorrow I'll be crying" has so much emotion in it.

I have always thought that the line, and many others in this album, was much more about the poetry in them, than it was about the "singing", and this is quite evident later ... listen to him telling you ... "don't tell me lies" ... and Carl accentuating it with his bass drum! ... how much more of a hint do we need, right?

At the time, and it was a very big part of the theater and film work in the late 60's in NY, London, Paris and a few other places in the world, it was a time for a lot of experimentation and vocal work, and different expressions and styles. The fact that some of it got into rock music is not a surprise ... rock music was the "last" of these arts to take on many of those attitudes, and a lot of it has to do with the way that music is taught ... which tends to invalidate ALL the expressions that are currently being used in any local area -- which are constantly compared to the "standard". This is th emain reason why I would prefer the "progressive" description and definition to be more open to prevent people from hearing a synthesizer and automatically say ... that's progressive ... or the same in another style ... you hear a Hammond organ and it's automatically blues!

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 10:01

This is even better when you see him do this on the "Behind the Music" ... he knew he was gone, but he did not fear telling you goodbye and say thank you. That's pure art and understanding and puts Queen in a very different light when it comes to their music.

-------------
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: DaveyByTheSea
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 10:55
An excellent thread.....everytime I comeback to read the new posts somebody has put a song on that I'd forgotten carried an emotional charge! There are 2 types of "pre-cry" from my perspective, one is associated with just how beautiful the song sounds and the other is the weight attached to it from  either nostalgia or an emotional time. Obviously for me ( as a Yes fan) i'd have to say Turn of the Century, And You and I, Soon.  Other tracks would be  Paradise - Bruce Springsteen.... 1000 People - Blackfield.....39/Love of My Life - Queen.....Meadows of Heaven - Nightwish.....Red Hill Mining Town - U2...Us and Them - Floyd................masses of others too...and I also agree with Visions - Stevie Wonder !  ( surely there must be some prog connection for this to come up as often as it has!!!! )

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 11:38
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

This is even better when you see him do this on the "Behind the Music" ... he knew he was gone, but he did not fear telling you goodbye and say thank you. That's pure art and understanding and puts Queen in a very different light when it comes to their music.

There is many things that makes their music (and personalities of Freddie + to lesser extent other 3 members, but they do too) so great. Interesting for Prog fan like me, but at the same time, appealing to almost everyone.

I have yet to know a person who hates them. Ahem, except those who had roommate in 80s who kept listening to Queen all the time, therefore completely spoiling it for him.

-------------

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my

Posted By: irrelevant
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 11:51
Originally posted by Smurph Smurph wrote:

Gorguts- when the violin comes in on Obscura... damn

I find Clouded is a beautiful song. Hasn't quite brought me to tears, but the harrowing nature of the song is moving stuff. I'm glad someone has reacted that way to a track on Obscura.  

-------------
https://gabebuller.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - New album!
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385

Posted By: AlexDOM
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 11:57
Yeah Pain of Salvation's albums The Perfect Element Remedy Lane are very moving. CLOSE TO THE EDGE too! Opeth, especially Damnation album.
And my favorite, Neal Morse. So personal

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 13:06
Once when listening to Supper's Ready Apocalypse I cried in 9/8  Smile

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 13:10
Originally posted by Riuku Riuku wrote:

An odd one is Chain Lightning by Rush. I have no idea why.

It's a song about sharing an experience with a loved one, so I could see how you'd get emotional listening to it.

-------------

Posted By: TheLionOfPrague
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 15:28
Originally posted by RoyFairbank RoyFairbank wrote:

Before one of my classes some girls asked me and two other guys if we ever cried (one was arguing that men don't cry because their emotions are black and white), I said the last time I cried was when a long term pet had died a little over a year ago, but that music sometimes made me well up. Another girl was shocked, "Music!? What kind of Music!?" These three girls in particular are known for their well-broadcast fondness of Korean pop whose lyrics they could not understand- so I think I understand that they would be bewildered by the suggestion music could move someone. The girls voice was utterly shocked, I wish I could convey it, as if the concept of crying or feeling any deep connection to music was unfathomable. Classic.

Prog for me unleashes very, very deep emotions. I don't listen to my favorite band, Floyd, too much, because it unleashes great forces of introspection and awe at the universe, society and my fate in my mind. I've listened to Floyd since I was a child, and its like a Freudian connection.

I don't cry frequently, or sob or anything, but a tear has dropped a few times over the years. Oddly enough, one song that effects me is Fanfare For The Common Man by ELP, I don't know why, it just conjures up images that I consider beautiful.

I'm listening to Dark Side Of The Moon as its raining outside.... It's pretty powerful stuff.

Similar experiences, or "no one should take music so seriously."

Most of what you wrote applies to me too. Floyd is certainly the band that moves me the most. I can cry, laught, etc. when I'm listening to them. "High Hopes", "Us & Them" are some of the songs that really touch me. I remember crying a lot when Rick died too.

Queen, Genesis, ELP, King Crimson, are also some bands that can make me cry (or almost) sometimes. I "More Fool Me" is a song that really moves me, although a lot of people don't like it. I think it's really emotional.

There are also songs that make me cry because they have a special meaning, like "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" from Elton John, that reminds of my childhood, although that's not prog at all.

-------------
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place

Posted By: CryoftheCarrots
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 17:25
The entire Lamb Lies Down On Broadway live Archive discs get me every time. Beautiful ,moving music performed by a band never to be repeated in the same lineup.

-------------
"There is a lot in this world to be tense and intense about"

MJK

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 19:00
I think it hits me more because if I recall that collection he wrote it with his daughter, or for her or something, and then she died.

Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 22:31
Originally posted by Riuku Riuku wrote:

I think it hits me more because if I recall that collection he wrote it with his daughter, or for her or something, and then she died.

^Yes, he wrote it about watching meteor showers and such with his daughter. It's one of my favorites from "Presto," which is one of my favorite Rush albums.  

-------------

Posted By: ExittheLemming
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 23:19
It strikes me as paradoxical that a critter as avowedly intellectual, unsentimental and cerebral as Fripp, that his achingly poignant guitar lead on Starless from 'Red' always has me on the verge of tears (maybe this says more about me than Fripp?)

-------------

Posted By: Dayvenkirq
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 23:21
Both had given everything they had. A-a-aa-a-a-aa-a-a-aa-a-a-...
A lover's dream had been fulfilled at last,
Forever still beneath the lake.

And Hackett's guitar (1:54-2:10), for some reason. Not that I shedded a tear, but I was about to. I don't know why since this song conceptually doesn't sound like a tear-jerker.

Posted By: 10mb
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 23:31
There is so much music that is achingly beautiful and quite often can make me tear up. There are so many songs and parts of songs- even solos, that can do this to me. I second the mention of Echolyn's "Never The Same". Marillion has probably done it to me more than anyone though. "Beautiful", "Waiting To Happen", "Neverland", "Easter", "The Invisible Man", "When I Meet God".... on and on. Then, of course, there are guitar solos. Many of Hackett's- especially the second solo he does in the song "Muttersprache" on Gordian Knot's "Emergent" album. It's truly sublime. I'm also moved by Bill Nelson's solo In "Crying To The Sky" and the one he does for "Adventures In A Yorkshire Landscape" on the "Live- In the Air Age" album. And then, well you get the idea- it just goes on and on.
Honestly, it's these moments I listen to this music for. It's profoundly personal and very satisfying.

Posted By: Lima96
Date Posted: April 13 2012 at 23:50
Here's my "Tear Gas" playlist:

Liquid Tension Experiment - State Of Grace
Kansas - Lonely Wind
La Máquina de Hacer Pájaros - Ruta Perdedora
White Willow - Chemical Sunset
Renaissance - Ocean Gypsy
King Crimson - Starless

But whenever I want to cry like a little girl, I play this:

Posted By: thehallway
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 05:22

The Beach Boys have made me cry. McCartney, Bowie, Elton............

When prog goes all epic it's more like an orgasm than a tear fest.

Music that makes you groove is the best though. James Brown and Caravan do it best. 

-------------
http://www.thefreshfilmblog.com/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: irrelevant
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 05:38

I lol'd. 

-------------
https://gabebuller.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - New album!
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385

Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 11:27
"Good Morning Captain" by the band Slint (not prog; but very early math/post-rock band).  When you realize what the song is about, it hits you like a train.  It might be one of the saddest songs I've ever heard.  Kicks butt, too.

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: Slaughternalia
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 12:18
Not even close. I've never been an emotional person though

-------------
I'm so mad that you enjoy a certain combination of noises that I don't

Posted By: tamijo
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 12:23
No

-------------
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours

Posted By: Stool Man
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 12:34
The other day I cried listening to Atom Heart Mother, which I've been listening to for almost forty years without crying.  I cried because I was hit by the sudden realisation that I want it played at my funeral.

-------------
rotten hound of the burnie crew

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 12:45
prog or not, this one gets me every time.

-------------

Posted By: Hercules
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 14:32
La Princesse Perdue from The Snow Goose does it every time.

The Snow Goose flying back from Dunkirk after Rhayader's death to say farewell to Fritha before leaving forever for her home in the North is extremely emotional and Camel's interpretation is perfect.

-------------
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.

Posted By: VexusFlytrap
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 15:16
Disappear and Space-Dye Vest by Dream Theater get me depressed but don't really make me cry - Although I may have once or twice. I think that Lizard by King Crimson was pretty close once. I'm missing several other songs, but for most of them I just shed tears for Nostalgic purposes. 

Posted By: stonebeard
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 15:43
It's probably embarrassing how often I've teared up at IQ's "Guiding Light" and "Came Down".

-------------
http://soundcloud.com/drewagler" rel="nofollow - My soundcloud. Please give feedback if you want!

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 15:47
Yes' "To Be Over" helped me through the ordeal of the death of my grandmother, it was a perfect song for that.  

When my mom died a few years ago, I couldn't get the Pink Floyd song "Comfortably Numb" out of my mind.  Comfortably numb is exactly how I felt. 

The songs themselves didn't bring tears, but they were part of the grief experience, and for this I am grateful.  

Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 15:52
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Yes' "To Be Over" helped me through the ordeal of the death of my grandmother, it was a perfect song for that.  

When my mom died a few years ago, I couldn't get the Pink Floyd song "Comfortably Numb" out of my mind.  Comfortably numb is exactly how I felt. 

The songs themselves didn't bring tears, but they were part of the grief experience, and for this I am grateful.  

Great post monsieur stack. 
Very forthright and something I can relate to. 
I truly treasure when PA gets "real" and "tangible", and your words just did that for me.

-------------

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Isa
Date Posted: April 14 2012 at 23:51
The end of Close to the Edge pretty much always gets me close to tears whenever I give it a good listen. I think it might be the impact that that work had on my life and the connection I'll always feel with it. Like you with Pink Floyd, something about the universal connection and introspective nature of the lyrics, how it relates to life, I'm almost always taken to the pre-cry stage, as you call it.

I've more often been moved in that way while listening to opera though, which is funny since I don't listen to it as often as I should. Who knows how or why music affects us like that. :P

-------------
The human heart instrinsically longs for that which is true, good, and beautiful. This is why timeless music is never without these qualities.

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: April 15 2012 at 00:30

Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Great post monsieur stack. 
Very forthright and something I can relate to. 
I truly treasure when PA gets "real" and "tangible", and your words just did that for me.

Thank you for that!  They were two of the most traumatic, yet amazing, moments of my life, and I was glad to have this music with me.   I'm sure others on PA have similar experiences, it would be nice to hear them as well! 

Cheers, friend! 

Posted By: smartpatrol
Date Posted: April 15 2012 at 01:31
Close to the Edge has gotten me a little emotional a few times.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk