Forum Description: Discuss any topic at all that is not music-related
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=86675
Printed Date: May 11 2024 at 06:56
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Your pets
Posted By: Gerinski
Subject: Your pets
Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 18:08
Any animal lovers out there? Do you have pets? Anything nice or funny to share regarding them?
Here a couple of pics of our pets,
   our lovely dog Gaston
   our 4 cats Lola, Marcel, Carmen and Fernand (son of Carmen)

GASTON

GASTON WITH YOUNG LOLA

LEFT TO RIGHT: MARCEL, CARMEN AND LOLA

CARMEN AND HER LITTLE SON FERNAND

YOUNG MARCEL WALKING ON GASTON

LOLA GETTING WARM ON GASTON

LOLA, FERNAND AND CARMEN TAKING IT EASY...

Replies:
Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 19:49
Animal lover here, we have a big grey tabby (actually a Brown but he's grey to the eye) which we love dearly.   Though the costs of vet bills have risen so much that I may not get another pet anytime soon.   Gotta be making some regular bucks to properly care for an animal, I think.

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 19:54

Ringo and Max. :3

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 19:59
Animal lover as well.

I have 2 cats

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 20:12
dawwwwwwwwww

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 20:30
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Animal lover here,

Oh wait, not that kind I guess. Tongue

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 20:38
Burt and Number 2 

-------------

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 20:38
This is my pride and joy, 12 year old Ruthie:

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: ClemofNazareth
Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 21:34

We call him Bright Eyes!  

-------------
"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus

Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 22:10
Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty---

oops sorry  Embarrassed

Posted By: Tapfret
Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 22:58
Also.... http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74139&KW=" rel="nofollow - there is a previous thread on the subject.

-------------
https://www.last.fm/user/Tapfret" rel="nofollow">
https://bandcamp.com/tapfret" rel="nofollow - Bandcamp

Date Posted: May 04 2012 at 23:01
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Also.... http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74139&KW=" rel="nofollow - there is a previous thread on the subject.
There are millions of threads buried among the millions of threads in PA that are repeats from other million of threads. 

Anyway, more:

-------------

Posted By: smartpatrol
Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 00:06
I have a cat named TJ. He's the cutest thing ever and is the most important thing in the world to me. He's about 3 human years old now. Although today we had to pop an abscess/infection in his ear with an exacto knife (yes, it was satrilised), and I hated doing that so much. Well, luckily my dad did that, but I was right next to him and it made me cry a little. We squeezed the puss out and put some poroxide on it and now he's doing fine.

-------------
http://bit.ly/1kqTR8y" rel="nofollow">

The greatest record label of all time!

Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 02:35
Cute animals there!
I was sure that there must be some thread already but did a search without results, another proof of how poor the search function is Unhappy

Here's another pic of Marcel, Peter Gabriel was not the only one pretending to be a flower Tongue

Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 02:38
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

God, and I thought that our Marcel is fat, you clearly feed them well LOL   not badly meant, I find fat cats cute!

Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 03:09
that cat's so big there's two of them

Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 03:10
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

the adorable alarm just went off in my house, thanks a lot !

Posted By: Dayvenkirq
Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 05:20
Gerinski, you've got quite the family there Big smile . Real assortiment. 

Anyway, I've got two on my mind ... on my mind 'cause they aren't really mine, so technically they aren't really pets, but they do feel like members of my family. But hell ! , I'm an animal lover too, which is not to say that I love animals more than y'all put together ... but maybe I do Big smile Smile .

Here's Harper, my step-daddy's dog (posing innocently after my mother stupidly left a door open and Harper "jumped like a bullet" ... and then came back when mom found her):

She's got this white stripe on her neck just below the chin, a stripe my mom refers to as "like that of a tigress". I swear I'll get a better angle when the opportunity comes a-knockin'. My mother took the pictures.

Also, there is Clown. She lives in the car-and-truck shop of my step-daddy's work facility. I let her do all sorts of ... I'm pretty sure the admins and mods are tired of me using the word "s$%t", so I'll just go with crap ... I let her do all sorts of crazy crap, like smell my mouth, eat my yogurt, etc. 

Before and after a head massage:

Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 05:50
Originally posted by smartpatrol smartpatrol wrote:

I have a cat named TJ. He's the cutest thing ever and is the most important thing in the world to me. He's about 3 human years old now. Although today we had to pop an abscess/infection in his ear with an exacto knife (yes, it was satrilised), and I hated doing that so much. Well, luckily my dad did that, but I was right next to him and it made me cry a little. We squeezed the puss out and put some poroxide on it and now he's doing fine.
Well that's part of loving them, same as with people, if you love them you have to be there for the good and for the bad.
Our cat Lola was born with a problem in her eyes and a couple of years ago I had to take her to the clinic to have one eye removed, I was very sad not the least because the vet said that the other eye would probably develop the same problem and would eventually have to be removed as well. She assured me that cats can still live happily without both eyes but it made me really sad.

Luckily so far the remaining eye is still fine, and she is now much better than before removing the eye, when we could clearly see that she was in pain (the eye swelled a lot and made pressure in her skull). Now she's got only one eye but she plays and looks happy again, and I love her all the same if not even more.

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 05:52
Fat cats are indeed the best, though we feed both ours the same amount, and in fact the other (thinner) cat eats more by pushing the other out of the bowl or hogging.

Guess they're just like people...some are just bigger than others

Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 05:56
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

the adorable alarm just went off in my house, thanks a lot !

Yeah their fondness of getting into boxes, baskets and pots makes for very cute images

Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 06:08
Dayvenkirq, Harper's really cute and looks sweet!

Date Posted: May 05 2012 at 06:17
^ Thanks. Yeah, she's quite the nougat Big smile . Now, she looks sweet, but you'll be damning her and yourself if you walk her out. She's quite a rascal. 

Now, did you put the cat into the bowl yourself or ... ? LOL

Posted By: Finnforest
Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 09:37

-------------

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 10:12
Spike:

Mouse: 

-------------
What?

Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 11:26
Really cute cats!

Here's Carmen with her 5 kittens, we only kept one of them, 4 plus the dog is enough... we know that the other 4 are well taken care of.
I was lucky to be home when she gave birth, it was really fantastic to see. The last one took a while to come out and
when he (or she, I don't know) did, it did not move at all, I thought it was born dead and felt sad, then Carmen started to lick it and push it and after a while (probably short but which felt really long) it finally started to move and he was OK. I don't have children and this must have been one of the most moving moments in my life.

Posted By: Finnforest
Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 11:30
Marvelous creatures all!Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 11:36
Yeah, I'm not the biggest photographer - in fact I never ever take pictures, but I'd love to share with you guys my feline friend Speedy, who is about 10 years old now - eats wood, watches TV, chases butterflies though only to kill - never to eat, listens to avant guarde music with me - occasionally enjoying herself I gather... She is one of my best friends and about as mad as myself - which I absolutely adore about her.

Other than that, I guess you could say that I have a voluntary pet who stays outside of the house - only visiting the house in the spring and summertime, but boy does he ever like it here! This blackbird comes every year, sits in the same tree - whistles the same erratic and mad fusion ditties as the previous year, and wakes me every morning around 5 o clock. Yeah, no wonder I call him Charlie - after the great Charlie Parker. He is one mad jazz bird this one.   

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 11:48
The thing I don't like is when Marcel, the one of our cats who is the most dominant and "macho" of them all kills a bird and brings it home to show it off, he does't try to eat it or anything, he just wants to show that he protects the house and he is really proud of it, we shout at him that he may not do it but we can't get too angry at him, he means it well.
That's the call of nature not his fault...

Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 11:57
I know what you mean, but it is in their nature. I read somewhere, that the only animals who kill for sport are humans, cats and a few primate species.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 12:08
Spike will take down a rabbit, and then devour all but the tail and "innards". I arrived home one evening a few weeks ago to see a white van parked by my house with the driver searching the hedgerow with a torch. Assuming we was looking for something that had fallen off his van, I parked up and strolled down the drive to see what the problem was and offered to help. He said a black and white cat darted out of the drive opposite and hit his van, but he could not find the injured cat - fearing it was Spike I grabbed a torch from the car and joined the search, but after 30 minutes no trace could be found. In the end I thanked the guy for stopping and decided to wait for Spike to limp home (if he were able - though logic dictated that if was fit enough to run away and hide he couldn't be too hurt). More than a little upset, I went inside the house to find the kitchen floor covered in blood, further adding to my distress, I frantically searched the house to no avail and then took a mop and bucket and cleaned the house before my wife returned home. I fed the other three cats and went outside again to see if I could find him - and there he was sat on the fence as right as nine-pence without a scratch on him. I can only assume the blood-stained kitchen floor was all that remained of a hapless bunny, perhaps one Spike chased into the path of the van.

-------------
What?

Posted By: ole-the-first
Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 12:13
My cat Roger (he's not my only cat, but he's the craziest and funniest cat I've ever seen).

-------------
This night wounds time.

Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 12:18
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I know what you mean, but it is in their nature. I read somewhere, that the only animals who kill for sport are humans, cats and a few primate species.
I don't think cats kill for sport, even though we see them "play" with what they catch, they kill for food because they are predators. In the wild cats do not eat every day, which is why they sleep so much, also as kittens they learn to hunt by playing with prey their parents catch for them before eating it. In domesticating cats we keep them in an adolescent state and feed them regularly which screws around with their natural instincts - they act both as fully grown cats and as kittens, so they continue to "play" but rarely eat what they catch because they're not hungry.

-------------
What?

Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 12:24
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I don't think cats kill for sport, even though we see them "play" with what they catch, they kill for food because they are predators. In the wild cats do not eat every day, which is why they sleep so much, also as kittens they learn to hunt by playing with prey their parents catch for them before eating it. In domesticating cats we keep them in an adolescent state and feed them regularly which screws around with their natural instincts - they act both as fully grown cats and as kittens, so they continue to "play" but rarely eat what they catch because they're not hungry.

I think you're right. Also when you see natural films about wild big cats - you often see these macabre scenes where the mother of these small kittens catches whatever prey and brings it back to them. This is obviously a lesson on how to kill and how to hunt. 
Many of our pets never experience the full training, because they are sold before any kind of bond has developed between parent and child. Plus, the parent could be a "victim" of the same procedure, as to which there is no real rebound. Of course they have instincts, but the swift clean kill is something that is taught methinks. There might be a few exceptions to this I gather though...

On another note, there are indeed many animals who play around with their prey. Killer whales play tennis with sea lions fx. Looks absolutely gruesome. 

-------------

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Flyingsod
Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 12:33

I think you're right. Also when you see natural films about wild big cats - you often see these macabre scenes where the mother of these small kittens catches whatever prey and brings it back to them. This is obviously a lesson on how to kill and how to hunt. 
Many of our pets never experience the full training, because they are sold before any kind of bond has developed between parent and child. Plus, the parent could be a "victim" of the same procedure, as to which there is no real rebound. Of course they have instincts, but the swift clean kill is something that is taught methinks. There might be a few exceptions to this I gather though...

On another note, there are indeed many animals who play around with their prey. Killer whales play tennis with sea lions fx. Looks absolutely gruesome. 

I'd like to add that when prey is brought home to you it is most likely your cat trying to teach you... You should be hunting these things and it's their way of showing you whats out there and what you should go and find for yourself. Mommy cat does this routinely with her kittens. Starting with dead prey and after kitty takes an interest moving to the half dead prey. Since you never show any interest except for trashing it you are never promoted to half dead things :) The quick kill thing is mostly instinctual I believe. This I know from bringing kittens home and raising them as barn cats. They grow up and learn to hunt just fine with no parenting.

-------------

This space intentionally left blank

Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 12:43

Edit

-------------

Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 17:49

Spike will take down a rabbit, and then devour all but the tail and "innards".

Holy sh$%, your cat is brutal, man. Clown will eat only out of the back of a rabbit's neck or from a side to the innards, but yours ... oosh ... must be one hungry cat. And what about the bones? What does Spike do to the bones?

BTW: Here is Harpusik at her most adorable (and maybe at her most intelligent):

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/4/9/3289959/IMG_0296-up.MOV

Date Posted: May 06 2012 at 18:01
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

Holy sh$%, your cat is brutal, man. Clown will eat only out of the back of a rabbit's neck or from a side to the innards, but yours ... oosh ... must be one hungry cat. And what about the bones? What does Spike do to the bones?
Dunno - I've never asked him and never felt the need to watch him eat one - wherever the bones go I've never found them. I assume he prefers fresh bunny to mechanically recovered meat of indeterminate origin, and I don't blame him.

But, yeah, he's a thug, even our neighbour's dog treats him wi' respec maan. He's the only cat that has ever bitten me and drawn blood - I've had plenty of cats scratch me, but never sunk their teeth into flesh and punctured the skin before. My fault for naming him after a vampire.

-------------
What?

Posted By: bornpretty
Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 04:59
My brother loves dogs sooo much! He had 4 or 5 dogs, but they are all lost... so sad...

Posted By: oliverstoned
Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 05:30
Eclipse when she was a baby

A pile of babies

Mother Moon (on the left) and her daughter Eclipse

Samba having some rest

My three daughters united for the best

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 09:45
Originally posted by bornpretty bornpretty wrote:

My brother loves dogs sooo much! He had 4 or 5 dogs, but they are all lost... so sad...

How did that happen, if I may ask?

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 10:38
Ermm this will be interesting...

-------------
What?

Posted By: Equality 7-2521
Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 11:39
I've had two pets in my life. I took my goldfish out of water two minutes after getting it to see if it could live on the land.

I stopped feeding my hermit crab because I never saw him eat, so I wanted to see if he actually needed food.

I wasn't allowed to have pets after that.

-------------
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 14:23

Yeah Dean, are you sure that what you have is a cat? It made me think of the scene of Monty Python's Holy Grail with the killer rabbit LOL

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 14:24
^ Jesus Christ ! LOL Why haven't I seen that scene before? Now that is dark humor at its best.

Originally posted by bornpretty bornpretty wrote:

How did that happen, if I may ask?

Ermm this will be interesting...

Oh, ... for some reason I thought literally "lost". Never mind, then. 

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 14:35
Originally posted by oliverstoned oliverstoned wrote:

Eclipse when she was a baby 

Cute, looks a bit like Alfons, a kitten we picked up from the street very young and badly sick, we took him to the vet and took care of him but we had already 4 so we did not want to have one more, finally after he had recovered some good friends of ours took him and he is still happy with them, here a couple of pics from when he was still with us already recovered. He was totally nuts !

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 14:51
^Ahh, he looks just like my Roger! Big smile

-------------
This night wounds time.

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 14:54
BTW you'll think that me and my family are bonkers, but there are 7 cats in my home... All picked up from street.

-------------
This night wounds time.

Posted By: colorofmoney91
Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 14:56
My parents have a dog that they got a month or so after I was born. Yes, it is 21 years old and still alive. Pekingese apparently are immortals.

-------------
http://hanashukketsu.bandcamp.com" rel="nofollow - Hanashukketsu

Posted By: Negoba
Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 15:06

There's a yoga pose like that, can't remember the name...

-------------
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 15:09
Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

Ironically, it's called the "Downward Facing Dog"

-------------

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 15:21
Originally posted by colorofmoney91 colorofmoney91 wrote:

My parents have a dog that they got a month or so after I was born. Yes, it is 21 years old and still alive. Pekingese apparently are immortals.

21 years ??!!!  man that must be a record, you should get his DNA sampled...

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 15:26

Another funny one, Lola learning to walk on two feet

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 15:30
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Originally posted by Negoba Negoba wrote:

Ironically, it's called the "Downward Facing Dog"

-------------

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 15:38
^This cat made another pose which is called "Flying Downward Facing Dog".

-------------
This night wounds time.

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 16:25
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

I've had two pets in my life. I took my goldfish out of water two minutes after getting it to see if it could live on the land.I stopped feeding my hermit crab because I never saw him eat, so I wanted to see if he actually needed food. I wasn't allowed to have pets after that.

I applaud your parents.

-------------

Posted By: RoyFairbank
Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 16:59

"Downward Facing Dog"

Woof woof! Shocked

Date Posted: May 07 2012 at 17:07

Another funny one, Lola learning to walk on two feet

And it looks like she is learning how to pray Big smile .

Date Posted: May 08 2012 at 02:53

Any animal lovers out there? Do you have pets? Anything nice or funny to share regarding them?
Here a couple of pics of our pets,

our lovely dog Gaston

our 4 cats Lola, Marcel, Carmen and Fernand (son of Carmen)

GASTON

GASTON WITH YOUNG LOLA

LEFT TO RIGHT: MARCEL, CARMEN AND LOLA

CARMEN AND HER LITTLE SON FERNAND

YOUNG MARCEL WALKING ON GASTON

LOLA GETTING WARM ON GASTON

LOLA, FERNAND AND CARMEN TAKING IT EASY...

Impressive how your Marcel looks very similar to our Eclipse

Date Posted: May 08 2012 at 03:50
Originally posted by oliverstoned oliverstoned wrote:

Impressive how your Marcel looks very similar to our Eclipse

Yes I noticed Smile

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: May 08 2012 at 06:26
No recent photos of the little cuties, but:

Baggins at 4 months old:

Several years later, Baggins in "I'm watching you in case you go anywhere near the kitchen" mode (this is his default setting)

Tosca in default setting:

And just after removal of any trace of dignity (she will happily allow me to carry her around the house like this):

And a rare moment of entente cordiale:

Both are hunters & with our garden having a fair few trees & backing onto a churchyard, they have no lack of prey - usual suspects include mice, squirrels, any number of bird species & the occasional frog (one of which we found sitting quite happily & totally unharmed in their water dish)

Would never be without cats.

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: May 08 2012 at 07:59

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 02:12
[QUOTE=Jim Garten] No recent photos of the little cuties, but:

Baggins at 4 months old:

Several years later, Baggins in "I'm watching you in case you go anywhere near the kitchen" mode (this is his default setting)

Another one which looks very much like my Eclipse

Yes we'll all know this kind of stare look! We feel like we're just food machines!

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 09:04
Cats are cute as hellfire.

Has anyone here ever had pet rats? I loved my pet rats as a teenager. The only problem is their very short lifespans. Very intelligent and clean pets, run up to you and snuggle with you, make funny rat noises, you can let them out around the room and they come back, they bang on their tank when they want to come out or be fed. So cute.

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 09:07
Ruthie singing in the sunshine

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 10:48
This is clearly and undisputedly the best thread ever. 

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 13:30
Our cat Fernand bites the tip of your nose as a sign of affection, not hard, gently, when he wants to be caressed. It's really cute but he is the only one of the 4 cats who does it. Any of your cats doing that too?

Also, he is the only one who enjoys having his belly caressed, he rolls on his back like a dog so that you can caress his belly. The other 3 will scratch you most of the times if you try. 

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 13:46

This is my pride and joy, 12 year old Ruthie:

Steve, your cat seems to be having some kind of natural mascara or something Big smile .

Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

This is clearly and undisputedly the best thread ever. 

Seconded.

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 14:00

Our cat Fernand bites the tip of your nose as a sign of affection, not hard, gently, when he wants to be caressed. It's really cute but he is the only one of the 4 cats who does it. Any of your cats doing that too? 

Nah, not Clown. No sign of affection whatsoever. She is all about herself. Quite the selfish little girl. Although she does enjoy a little head massage or having me or Jim (the guy at the shop) scratching a side of her face. She gets all high from me scratching the inside of one of her ears.

Also, he is the only one who enjoys having his belly caressed, he rolls on his back like a dog so that you can caress his belly. The other 3 will scratch you most of the times if you try. 

Unfortunately, Clown is not a very domestic cat. She used to be out in the wild, but then she was domesticated. She always wants to go out, have a trip, not have her belly scratched or carressed. She hates that. She will just reach out for my index finger, try to scratch it with her nails, and then make it look she is going to seriously bite me but she won't (all in a quick succession). She just threatens that way or something.

v She likes to play with my keys ... which is why she is trying to take them away from me.

v I succeeded in getting my keys back, but once I reached out for my wallet, she is like, ... "I am not gonna let you have that either." So I failed in this round, and she used her prize as her pillow ... my Tommy Hilfiger:

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 14:07

Steve, your cat seems to be having some kind of natural mascara or something Big smile .

I'm sure she would appreciate you saying that, Andrey, but I have to be honest: she spends a full hour putting on makeup every morning. Wink

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: TheGazzardian
Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 14:15
My pet cat Katie was like part of me until she passed away last year.

Since then we've got two adorable kittens, also Calicos, who are featured in my sig. Kiwi is super playful and Miki (the muted Calico) super meek but cuddly when she likes you. I don't know why, but Kiwi always tries to lick the inside of my nose when I'm petting her. Miki does sometimes too but she takes "no" for an answer more easily.

Posted By: Pekka
Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 14:16

Here's one of my three dogs.

-------------
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=42652" rel="nofollow - It's on PA!

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 14:19
^ Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo ... what are your eyes like?

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 14:32
Don't know about them, but here's the belly:

And the two gorgeous ladies:

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 14:40
^ What breed is that, I can't remember? They look a bit like Collies, Shetland Sheepdogs, and Aussie Shepherds.

Originally posted by RoyFairbank RoyFairbank wrote:

Cats are cute as hellfire. 

Has anyone here ever had pet rats? I loved my pet rats as a teenager. The only problem is their very short lifespans. Very intelligent and clean pets, run up to you and snuggle with you, make funny rat noises, you can let them out around the room and they come back, they bang on their tank when they want to come out or be fed. So cute.

I wish I had a hamster. Rats? Aren't they unsanitary?

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 14:49
Don't you think its true that you dislike any animal you've never had as a pet. I was talking with someone who likes dogs but abhors cats, but has never had a cat. I've never had a dog, and I half-think dogs are the words that person used to describe cats: smelly among them. I don't go that far as that person did, and I have spent time with dogs, but dogs I like considerably less than cats, I think cats are cuter. People say similar things about animals they've never had, oh I wouldn't want a bird, oh I wouldn't want a rabbit, oh guinea pigs are smelly (well they are, and I grew up with them). As a rat owner of past times I know this all too well. People who've never spent time with a rat believe they are demonic creatures - vermin  as it were. I think they are like miniature cats with scaly worm tails and great big june bug cracking teeth.

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 14:53
Rats that live in city sewers are unsanitary, because of where they live; but it's not a trait inherent in the rat itself.

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 14:53
^ It's just something I picked up from "Friends". (I have to stop watching television.) 

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 15:00
I've never been comfortable with dogs.  I'm very much in the "cat corner" of the ring.  After my wife and I got married, she really wanted to get a dog (we already had 3 cats between us), so we did.  And I was depressed and ill at ease in my own home for years.  She was a very mellow dog, very sweet actually, but I get very antsy when they follow me around and the smell of dogs has always bothered me.  I avoid them when I go to other peoples' houses who have dogs, but I never make a stink about it, and I'm never unkind to a dog.  I only say this (in all sincerity) because Roy brought it up; I'm not proud of it.

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 15:32

Well i like most animals, though I have only had dogs, cats and birds, and a hamster or two when I was too young to realise if I liked them or not. Birds I really do not care much for, when we have had some it was never because of me but either by my parents or my girlfriend.

I also like rabbits, some friends had one who was really sweet and soft. And horses, when I have chance to be with some.
Of course some animals stink sometimes and that's not nice, and you have to constantly vacuum and clean the house, and your clothes are always full of hair, but... you can not have it all, can you?

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 15:37
It's very nice when you see cats and dogs getting along. To people who are not familiar with pets and have the cliche that cats and dogs are always enemies, they get always so shocked when they see them playing along.

Fernand loves to be licked by Gaston, this is how he asks him "c'mon, lick me a bit, lick me a bit" Tongue

And Gaston goes "OK OK, just a bit eh"

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 16:38
Big smile Oh, man, you are lucky! Mr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r...

I don't know, I like all animals ... well, not equally, but I like them all anyway. Not because they look and act cute, but because they are not intelligent enough to be capable of deception and stuff like that. And I would cut them some slack if they were confused even if they bit me.

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 22:03

^ What breed is that, I can't remember? They look a bit like Collies, Shetland Sheepdogs, and Aussie Shepherds.

That one Smile

-------------

Posted By: Morningrise
Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 22:17
Nikita

And Saori (Saint Seiya, anyone?)

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 22:40
^ I see Nikita's got that white stripe going in the middle. I bet she is not actually that big; it's the resolution in the wrong proportion.

And why is Saori so serious?

Date Posted: May 09 2012 at 23:58
Originally posted by TheGazzardian TheGazzardian wrote:

My pet cat Katie was like part of me until she passed away last year.

Since then we've got two adorable kittens, also Calicos, who are featured in my sig. Kiwi is super playful and Miki (the muted Calico) super meek but cuddly when she likes you. I don't know why, but Kiwi always tries to lick the inside of my nose when I'm petting her. Miki does sometimes too but she takes "no" for an answer more easily.

They are really cute, well all of you PA fellows have really cute pets! 

Posted By: KingCrInuYasha
Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 00:14
I had a tarantula once. Costan Rican Zebra, I think. Had her for seven years. Never held her 'cause I think I'm allergic to spider bites.

-------------
He looks at this world and wants it all... so he strikes, like Thunderball!

Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 14:24
Here's Fernand with his back on my lap so I can caress his belly, he loves it, it's the only cat I know who does this

Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 15:04
^ Hey, man, my mother was really surprised that Fernand has two different hair textures on his skin, the tail is dark, but other areas are white. The bottom part of his torso and his limbs and hinds are white, the rest is all black and grey. I don't know why she was so surprised, though. Maybe she's never seen a hybrid.

Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 15:13

Here's Fernand with his back on my lap so I can caress his belly, he loves it, it's the only cat I know who does this

My cat Ruth and I do that same thing!  I'm the only person she likes to do that with though. And though she will curl up normally in my wife's lap, she won't in mine!

Those last 2 sentences I wrote were a grammatical nightmare, but I hope they made sense. Dead

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 15:47

My cat Ruth and I do that same thing!

Wow, do you really like when someone caress your belly? Clown

-------------
This night wounds time.

Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 15:56
Originally posted by ole-the-first ole-the-first wrote:

Oh yes, please. Big smile

Sheesh.  I already made a disclaimer about my grammatical ambiguity, no need to rub it in. Wink

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 16:13

^ Hey, man, my mother was really surprised that Fernand has two different hair textures on his skin, the tail is dark, but other areas are white. The bottom part of his torso and his limbs and hinds are white, the rest is all black and grey. I don't know why she was so surprised, though. Maybe she's never seen a hybrid.

Your mother must not have seen many cats, that's quite normal I'd say...

Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 16:16

Oh yes, please. Big smile

Sheesh.  I already made a disclaimer about my grammatical ambiguity, no need to rub it in. Wink

Sorry, I just couldn't resist myself Smile

-------------
This night wounds time.

Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 16:26

My cat Ruth and I do that same thing!  I'm the only person she likes to do that with though. And though she will curl up normally in my wife's lap, she won't in mine!

Nice to hear that, I think it's quite rare for cats to allow and like this!

I once read that a cat letting you caresss his belly means that he has exceptional trust in you, but we have 4 cats, we have raised them all the same, caressed them everywhere since they were tiny, and only Fernand has developed this fondness of being caressed in the belly, the other 3 do not like it and will try to scratch and bite you if you try.

Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 16:41
Well, my cat Roger loves when someone caresses his belly. But he don't like to sit on anyone's hands or laps, he prefers to lie on a couch or on the floor or somewhere else, and then you can do anything with him. If he don't like something he might try to bite you, but he never actually bites, just menaces or plays.

-------------
This night wounds time.

Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 16:44

Well, my cat Roger loves when someone caresses his belly. But he don't like to sit on anyone's hands or laps, he prefers to lie on a couch or on the floor or somewhere else, and then you can do anything with him. If he don't like something he might try to bite you, but he never actually bites, just menaces or plays.

Roger seems to be a really sweet cat! Smile

Posted By: annja
Date Posted: May 10 2012 at 17:17
Star

Guh, cuteness overload StarStar

-------------
Fajaa! Currently making music with http://www.beatartisan.com/review/dr-drum/" rel="nofollow - Dr Drum . So far nothing worth sharing :D

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: May 11 2012 at 02:24

I once read that a cat letting you caress his belly means that he has exceptional trust in you, but we have 4 cats, we have raised them all the same, caressed them everywhere since they were tiny, and only Fernand has developed this fondness of being caressed in the belly, the other 3 do not like it and will try to scratch and bite you if you try

Over the years, we've had 7 cats & most of them have allowed it to a point; one of our current cats, Tosca will let me caress her belly as long as I like, as will Baggins... until he tires of it, when he registers his disapproval (nature red in tooth & claw)

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: May 11 2012 at 02:42
our cat grew to love a belly rub but didn't as a youngin

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk