Forum Description: Create polls on topics not related to music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8703
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 08:09
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: JFK Assassination
Posted By: maani
Subject: JFK Assassination
Date Posted: July 14 2005 at 11:53

I was curious to see how many of you believed in the "lone gunman" theory (i.e., that Oswald acted entirely alone), and how many believed that there was, in fact, a conspiracy involving some combination of U.S.-based anti-Castro Cubans, organized crime, and/or U.S. government personnel.

I welcome, indeed, encourage, lengthy pontification on the subject, if you are so inclined.

Peace.

Replies:
Posted By: Tony R
Date Posted: July 14 2005 at 12:19

Slightly different to the 9/11 thread as "commonsense" dictates that it is unlikely that Oswald acted alone.

Other than that,everything that could be said about this subject has been said,

Posted By: NetsNJFan
Date Posted: July 14 2005 at 13:19
who cares --- it cleared the way for LBJ (great president domestically)

-------------

Date Posted: July 14 2005 at 13:46

Originally posted by NetsNJFan NetsNJFan wrote:

ShockedYou dont care that a man was murdered and his executioner(s) may not have been punished....

Posted By: Garion81
Date Posted: July 14 2005 at 14:12
Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

Originally posted by NetsNJFan NetsNJFan wrote:

ShockedYou dont care that a man was murdered and his executioner(s) may not have been punished....

There are theories Johnson was involved. 

Who knows?  I think this thing has been beaten to death myself.  I doubt very seriously that a 24 year old Oswold had the means and brains to do this alone if he was guilty at all.  There was somone else at least but I doubt we will ever know.  To many documents gone, too many witnesses dead.

-------------

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"

Posted By: Hangedman
Date Posted: July 14 2005 at 15:26

Its been said but common sense dictates that Oswold did not do it on his own. But ive never seen any theories with enough conclusive evidence to prove themselves.

Posted By: GoldenSpiral
Date Posted: July 14 2005 at 16:09
Originally posted by Hangedman Hangedman wrote:

Its been said but common sense dictates that Oswold did not do it on his own. But ive never seen any theories with enough conclusive evidence to prove themselves.

maybe that's because THEY don't want you to see the conclusive evidence.... ever think of that? huh? did ya?

hehe.

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/altaic" rel="nofollow - http://www.myspace.com/altaic
ALTAIC

"Oceans Down You'll Lie"
coming soon

Date Posted: July 15 2005 at 18:39

Posted By: Hangedman
Date Posted: July 15 2005 at 19:26
Originally posted by GoldenSpiral GoldenSpiral wrote:

Originally posted by Hangedman Hangedman wrote:

maybe that's because THEY don't want you to see the conclusive evidence.... ever think of that? huh? did ya?

hehe.

well then they are doing a good job

Posted By: Borealis
Date Posted: July 15 2005 at 20:01
There's no 'Other (no explanation please)' choice? Too bad...

-------------
Vive le Québec libre!...

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: July 16 2005 at 23:16

All I know is, somebody shot 'em...

...Somebody other than oswald.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: barbs
Date Posted: July 17 2005 at 00:47

Maybe there will be a deathbed confession. There are a number of 'possibilities' but it all becomes conjecture until a substantial witness comes forward.

The whistleblower in the watergate scandal took over 30 years to tell his story to the public, but that wasn't about assassination and he is considered a hero by many for doing it. Whoever knows about JFK, if there has been a cover up, is either; in their grave, or gravely silent for good reason.

Given JFKs sexual exploits, check out which powerful figures at the time had wifes who could have been caught out with him.(they'd have to be 'available' and JFKs taste) If he did it to a number of power brokers with connections to one another, (inside and outside politics - Mafia etc) who knows. Jealousy and revenge are powerful provocateurs that even a president is not immune from.

There wasn't any doubt as to who pulled the trigger in his brothers assassination, though.

Would Robert have made a better President than JFK? His assassination impacted on me more than JFKs for some reason. I felt he was a true humanitarian, a gentle man, an honest person and wise for his age.

By the way, does the US have more conspiracy theories floating around than any other country on the planet, or am I actually Martha Gardner.

-------------
Eternity

Posted By: Syzygy
Date Posted: July 17 2005 at 06:52
On questions like this, my gut instinct is to go with the most implausible explanation. Oswald was a lone gunman.

-------------
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: July 18 2005 at 04:01

did not read all the posts in this thread but;

clearly a republican attempt at ousting the democrats , and the shooter getting shot is the best proof that the man was not alone in this thing.

As for LBJ, he was tough on civil rights and escalated Vietnam war! Not that great of an internal records. Some 500 internal deaths including those burned on cross and "strange fruits" during his tenure and some countless deaths on the international front. Gotta be a good President!!

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Posted By: BaldFriede
Date Posted: July 18 2005 at 09:35
I once saw a long tv-documentary on it. They came up wth so many things that were fishy for the "Oswald the lone gunner" theory, yet in the end they came to the conclusion it was him and him alone. I found that somewhat strange.
Something that was very significant was that many people who had been witnesses to one thing or the other died a sudden and unnatural death.
On the whole I agree about conspiration theories in the USA. it is incredible what one can find when looking for 9/11 and conspiracy. Some even "prove" there had not been any airplanes at all that crashed into the towers!!!

-------------

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.

Posted By: Trotsky
Date Posted: July 28 2005 at 03:02

I like the discussion of the assassination in this article, a little too long to copy and paste, but do check it out:

http://ca.geocities.com/agjg55/truth1.html - http://ca.geocities.com/agjg55/truth1.html

-------------
"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."

Posted By: Velvetclown
Date Posted: July 28 2005 at 03:12

-------------
Billy Connolly
Dream Theater
Terry Gilliam
Hagen Quartet
Jethro Tull
Mike Keneally

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: July 28 2005 at 14:13
There was definitely a conspiracy and Oswald was the patsy.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk