Print Page | Close Window

Between the Buried and Me Video

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
Forum Description: Make or seek recommendations and discuss specific prog albums
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=89935
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 08:14
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Between the Buried and Me Video
Posted By: Earendil
Subject: Between the Buried and Me Video
Date Posted: October 05 2012 at 08:35
Before I saw this video, I'd never listened to this band, but now I'm definitely going to!  

This is one of the best music videos I've ever seen; the visuals and music are both stunning and fit perfectly together, and the video is just abstract enough.

Has anyone else been watching this repeatedly?

Replies:
Posted By: sleeper
Date Posted: October 05 2012 at 10:02
Great video to a great song (nice to see them doing short metal songs again, it's been nearly 10 years since they wrote something under 6 minutes that can't be seen as an interlude or one half of a much bigger track, or not metal).

I have The Parrallax II on pre-order, but thats because it is Between the Buried and Me so I have very high hopes for this album.

-------------
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Posted By: Fox On The Rocks
Date Posted: October 05 2012 at 18:24
God, I'm so excited for the new BTBAM release - highly anticipated by fans. I don't really know what to expect though, I mean, following an album like The Great Misdirect, you're stepping into some pretty big shoes - their shoes in this case. Tongue I know they're going for the whole Space Rock thing, which i think is really cool. I don't know, we'll wait and see. This Tuesday! Clap
And regarding the video, deifnetly one of the coolest videos I've seen from a band. It must have taken a while to make, jeez, the special effects and visuals are stunning.

-------------

Posted By: corascene_dog
Date Posted: October 09 2012 at 16:49
Just picked up Parallax II today along with the new Converge.  Very good so far.

Posted By: pianoman
Date Posted: October 09 2012 at 17:05
It might be my favorite BTBAM release! Lay Your Ghosts to Rest is MASSIVE.

Date Posted: October 10 2012 at 07:08
First listen to the album, bloody great! That metalised surfer music is great, and its amazing just how well it actually works as well!

-------------

Posted By: King of Loss
Date Posted: October 10 2012 at 17:19
new album rules! Thumbs Up

Date Posted: October 10 2012 at 19:24
I loved it.  I'm actually listening through BTBAM's discography right now and I'm really noticing the progression they've made over each album.  Guess that's why they are PROGRESSIVE metalcore instead of just metalcore.

Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 06:27
Originally posted by corascene_dog corascene_dog wrote:

I loved it.  I'm actually listening through BTBAM's discography right now and I'm really noticing the progression they've made over each album.  Guess that's why they are PROGRESSIVE metalcore instead of just metalcore.

Definitely, try listening to The Parallax II back to back with The Silent Circus, the difference is staggering, even against Mordacai.

-------------

Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 14:23
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

Definitely, try listening to The Parallax II back to back with The Silent Circus, the difference is staggering, even against Mordacai.

To me, Alaska was when they really started sounding like what they sound like now, with Colors being the blueprint of everything to come.  Kinda like how Jane Doe ended up being the blueprint for everything Converge did afterwards.  The feeling I got when I heard Colors for the first time was the same as when I heard Scenes From A Memory for the first time.  While everyone always always touts Mars Volta as the future of progressive music, to me BTBAM fit it a lot better.

Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 15:03

Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

To me, Alaska was when they really started sounding like what they sound like now, with Colors being the blueprint of everything to come.  Kinda like how Jane Doe ended up being the blueprint for everything Converge did afterwards.  The feeling I got when I heard Colors for the first time was the same as when I heard Scenes From A Memory for the first time.  While everyone always always touts Mars Volta as the future of progressive music, to me BTBAM fit it a lot better.

I agree about that from Alaska onwards.

Frankly I don't see any band being "The Future!", with music in general being so fractured these days you'll only ever get groups of bands following one directection and other groups going another, probably with a certain amount of cross pollination between them. The likes of TMV and BTBAM will only ever be one off bands (most progressive metalcore bands seem to be following The Dillinger Escape Plan's style more, which is a surprise considering how dull they seem).

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk