Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=90041
Printed Date: April 28 2024 at 18:34
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lizard Ultimate Poll!
Posted By: Gandalff
Subject: Lizard Ultimate Poll!
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 01:50
This is a continuation of my previous poll: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=89972" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=89972

This time I think the result will not be as clear.

-------------
A Elbereth Gilthoniel
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!

Replies:
Posted By: friso
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 03:48
Top of the list

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 04:54
Hmmm..no criticism this time of it being bits and pieces put together.

Anyway.....much as I  dislike the subliminal messaging, I voted Excellent even though I'm tempted to say it's crap. This is excellent and so is Supper's Ready.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 07:19
I voted excellent cause "I like it" doesn't express my feelings about it, but as much as I adore KC I think it's not perfect. It is brought down by Happy Family and Indoor Games, other than that it's excellent.

Posted By: pfloyd
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 07:55
The song and album are perfect. some of my favorite prog

-------------
check out my art: http://alexanderbennett33.wixsite.com/portfolio

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 07:57
Originally posted by sagichim sagichim wrote:

I voted excellent cause "I like it" doesn't express my feelings about it, but as much as I adore KC I think it's not perfect. It is brought down by Happy Family and Indoor Games, other than that it's excellent.

He means just the piece. Side 2.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: thellama73
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 08:01
One of my favorite King Crimson songs (and indeed albums) and that's saying a lot.

-------------

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 08:26
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Originally posted by sagichim sagichim wrote:

He means just the piece. Side 2.

In that case I'm glad I voted Excellent. It is really one of my favorite pieces of prog, and it doesn't seem to me as a patchwork at all.

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 08:52
I like it.  

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: smartpatrol
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 10:47
Excellent! My favorite King Crimson album!

-------------
http://bit.ly/1kqTR8y" rel="nofollow">

The greatest record label of all time!

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 10:53
All sorts of hearts and love.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Gandalff
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 11:20
Originally posted by smartpatrol smartpatrol wrote:

OK, but we talk about the Epic.

-------------
A Elbereth Gilthoniel
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!

Posted By: smartpatrol
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 11:31
Originally posted by Gandalff Gandalff wrote:

OK, but we talk about the Epic.

still, excellent

-------------
http://bit.ly/1kqTR8y" rel="nofollow">

The greatest record label of all time!

Posted By: Wanorak
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 13:07
Quite decent. I love the album but am not in love with the title track.

-------------
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!

Posted By: Earthmover
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 14:03
One of my favorite epics, maybe even (probably) even in my top 3.
so yeah, i hate it.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Bequeathed" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: HannesHolmqvist
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 14:08
I have to say it's been a real grower! These days it's probably my track of extended length.

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 15:10
I like it. Quite a lot.

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: Dayvenkirq
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 15:34
I like it, even if tracks 2 and 3 are too Gentle-Gianty.

Posted By: Logan
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 15:49
We're just talking about the title-track.

I think "Lizard" excellent.

-------------
Just a fanboy passin' through.

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 17:56
Better than Starless. 

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Posted By: otto pankrock
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 18:04
Excellent. I can understand why some people might be put off by this album. However it's precisely  it's quirkiness that makes this album so endearing

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 19:05
Now, this one I can't quiet feel as an epic, but a collection of 4 different songs. The first 2 ones I like very very much indeed, they are on par with the best King Crimson ever released, but the other 2 songs, well, I just don't like them very much, so I guess I must vote "I like it".

Posted By: Eria Tarka
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 21:37

Posted By: Raccoon
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 21:43
It's definitely a song that you either love or hate. After a while, I LOVE IT. Much like every KC album.

Regarding the rest of the songs on this album, they're all incredibly solid. Not one weak song.

Excellente!!

-------------
      Check out my FREE album: A one-man project   The Distant Dynasty

https://distantdynasty.bandcamp.com/

Posted By: Dayvenkirq
Date Posted: October 11 2012 at 23:53
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

We're just talking about the title-track.

I think "Lizard" excellent.

Should've been reading the question. Still, my answer stands. I like it ... a lot ... well, ... parts of it, 'cause "The Battle - The Last Skirmish" is a bit ... difficult. Still, the whole thing is a hell of a hoot.

Date Posted: October 12 2012 at 18:55
Originally posted by Raccoon Raccoon wrote:

It's definitely a song that you either love or hate. After a while, I LOVE IT. Much like every KC album.Regarding the rest of the songs on this album, they're all incredibly solid. Not one weak song. Excellente!!

Yeah, I definitley Love the first two parts of this song, and I definitley hate the last two parts of it.

Posted By: MonsterMagnet
Date Posted: October 13 2012 at 04:14
Excellent!

Posted By: Saperlipopette!
Date Posted: October 13 2012 at 05:43
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

It's definitely a song that you either love or hate. After a while, I LOVE IT. Much like every KC album.Regarding the rest of the songs on this album, they're all incredibly solid. Not one weak song. Excellente!! 

Yeah, I definitley Love the first two parts of this song, and I definitley hate the last two parts of it.

That's your own fault and not the song. Try again and again until you love all parts of it.

-------------

Date Posted: October 13 2012 at 12:28
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

It's definitely a song that you either love or hate. After a while, I LOVE IT. Much like every KC album.Regarding the rest of the songs on this album, they're all incredibly solid. Not one weak song. Excellente!! 
That's your own fault and not the song. Try again and again until you love all parts of it.

No, it's not my FAULT, it's my TASTE. And I think I've heard the song enough times to be sure I just won't like the last two parts of it... though who knows, perhaps some 10 or 20 years from now I'll put it again and it will click.

Posted By: Fox On The Rocks
Date Posted: October 13 2012 at 13:00
Almost thought we were talking about the whole album there. I better read more carefully. Cool

I must admit, I've only fully listened to the whole song only about 3 times, so I'm not familiar with it as most people. I really like it, but I prefer Cirkus for the best track on the album. Sax man

-------------

Posted By: geneyesontle
Date Posted: October 13 2012 at 13:37
Epic (or excellent)

-------------
Poseidon wants to Acquire the Taste of the Fragile Lamb
- Derek Adrian Gabriel Anderson, singer of the band Geneyesontle

Posted By: Saperlipopette!
Date Posted: October 13 2012 at 14:18

No, it's not my FAULT, it's my TASTE. And I think I've heard the song enough times to be sure I just won't like the last two parts of it... though who knows, perhaps some 10 or 20 years from now I'll put it again and it will click.

I know I sound unsympathetic, snobby, elitiest or whatever but unfortunately that's how I come across at times when I'm completely honest. I think we're responsible for our tastes and that it shouldn't be a static thing but something that should be challenged and that always expands. 

When someone's who's rated nothing but Dream Theater albums starts to hate a song he loves until it morphs into something slightly challenging I can't help thinking that the greatness atleast 24 of us hear throughout, is for you yet to discover.

-------------

Date Posted: October 13 2012 at 14:48

I know I sound unsympathetic, snobby, elitiest or whatever but unfortunately that's how I come across at times when I'm completely honest. I think we're responsible for our tastes and that it shouldn't be a static thing but something that should be challenged and that always expands. 
When someone's who's rated nothing but Dream Theater albums starts to hate a song he loves until it morphs into something slightly challenging I can't help thinking that the greatness atleast 24 of us hear throughout, is for you yet to discover.

I guess it's a bit pointless to keep on arguing, however for the time being I just won't change my opinion about this song, and I'll keep on enjoying the first half and (most of the times) not listening to the second. I do love King Crimson, but there are aspects of the band I don't like so much. As for Dream Theater (I guess you checked what I have reviewed), it was sort of by chance that I have rated mainly their albums, and still I don't think there's anything to be ashamed about that. They are indeed among my favourite bands, but I decided to start rating them because I wanted a band that I could review both in PA and Metal Music Archives, because that site needed the ratings more than PA. However, I wanted to listen to the albums again before rating them, and I've been listening to many other albums, and I've been lazy to finish with my DT ratings.

Posted By: akaBona
Date Posted: October 14 2012 at 17:24
Excellent album, a masterpiece!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk