URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=90294
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 22:18
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Your history with weed
Posted By: smartpatrol
Subject: Your history with weed
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:26
Just curious
I've never tried it, not interested right now, but I might try it someday, i dunno

-------------
http://bit.ly/1kqTR8y" rel="nofollow">

The greatest record label of all time!

Replies:
Posted By: Icarium
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:33
i don't think threads like this is alowed in PA k, but i might be wrong

but promoting narcotics, drugs and elegal substances is not smart in a public page which PA is (and MMA and JMA is also). where people under the age of 18 is vissiting also in someplaces, usage of weed is forbidden by law and can put people in jail.

-------------

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:38
Used to be a very,VERY avid smoker but don't anymore.

Over the last few years I have found out I have diverticulitis(colon pockets),and polyps in my colon(last colonoscopy they found 9,all pre-cancerous).Because of that I have frequent pain in my lower torso.My doctor told me marijuana would help soothe my pain and if my state had medical marijuana he would have me a card in a heartbeat.

-------------

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:40
Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

but promoting narcotics, drugs and elegal substances is not smart in a public page which PA is (and MMA and JMA is also). where people under the age of 18 is vissiting also in someplaces, usage of weed is forbidden by law and can put people in jail.

I don't see anything wrong discussing the subject,but if my fellow admins disagree we will close this thread.

-------------

Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:45
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

I don't see anything wrong discussing the subject,but if my fellow admins disagree we will close this thread.
oki, Embarrassed im not trying to be a poser-admin,

btw i have never tried weed, never have and never will (i guess)

-------------

Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:46
I'm not advocating anything. Just asking a question

-------------

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:49
Ah the 9 millionth drug thread on PAParty
Shame is this site is dead nowadays, no more eruptions or fun or controversial shut downs, just a slow death of this threadCry

Also I used to take weed the only way you should: via injection into my scrotum

Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:52
pics, please?

-------------

Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Shame is this site is dead nowadays, no more eruptions or fun or controversial shut downs, just a slow death of this threadCry

i miss the good old days, of crazy,  anti-post 89 music and debates,

-------------

Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Used to be a very,VERY avid smoker but don't anymore.

Over the last few years I have found out I have diverticulitis(colon pockets),and polyps in my colon(last colonoscopy they found 9,all pre-cancerous).Because of that I have frequent pain in my lower torso.My doctor told me marijuana would help soothe my pain and if my state had medical marijuana he would have me a card in a heartbeat.

Ouch man, had no idea. That's roughCry
I dont wanna start any crazy government rants by saying something like: if only it was just legal.
oopsCool

Posted By: Luna
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:53

I used to do this as well. Though I stopped once my friend overdosed. It really woke me up to the dangers of weed.

-------------
https://aprilmaymarch.bandcamp.com/track/the-badger" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:53
Originally posted by smartpatrol smartpatrol wrote:

pics, please?

Now THAT would certainly be against the rules!

Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 17:57
I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not

-------------

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 18:05
Though I will drink anything with an ABV (and most things without), I have never tried marijuana in any form (unless secondhand counts- had a few pot smoking friends).

I always thought pot smelled bad.

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Posted By: Andy Webb
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 18:39
Originally posted by SolarLuna96 SolarLuna96 wrote:

I used to do this as well. Though I stopped once my friend overdosed. It really woke me up to the dangers of weed.

LOL

-------------
http://ow.ly/8ymqg" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: zravkapt
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 19:06
Originally posted by smartpatrol smartpatrol wrote:

I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not

Welcome to the internet. Oh, btw, injecting weed into your scrotum is totally dangerous...I died twice trying it.

-------------
Magma America Great Make Again

Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 19:06
LOL

-------------

Posted By: The Doctor
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 19:07
I've smoked it a few times over the years, usually only when a friend had and was smoking.  I never once bought any myself.  Alcohol has always been my drug of choice, and now that I've developed asthma I can't.  It will cause me serious problems.  Can't say I really miss it.

-------------
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 20:01
I've done it, never with women or in the scrotum.

Some people say I haven't lived because of it.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: October 25 2012 at 20:26
Use to do it all the time, now only occasionally.
Apart from the funnies made in this thread, you may just get some good advice, so I applaud you for asking around intelligently before, jumping in at the deep end.
If you decide to try it out at some point in your life, then just remember that we as a species are prone to overdo the things we enjoy. Routine is a bad thing in this case, if you know what I mean. And first and foremost listen to what your body tells you, meaning that people respond differently to different things. Some enjoy themselves, while other spend the night talking to the toilet...

As for the earlier mentioning about an OD, which btw was completely sarcastic, that scenario is almost impossible. You need to obtain one third of your bodyweight in weed to do so, and even if you by some miraculous feat manage to swallow all that down, you will still be struggling not to barf during the next hour or so. Just saying...

I hope this doesn't come off sounding like a recommendation, because it's not. I just think information is far better than taboo and what most governments offer up about the subject.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 00:16
Been to concerts.  Around here that makes it 3rd option, at least the kind of music I like 

Posted By: A Person
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 00:26
Never have, no real interest in doing so.

Posted By: stonebeard
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 01:08
Every now and again, but whenever I do it just reaffirms that I like drinking much more.

-------------
http://soundcloud.com/drewagler" rel="nofollow - My soundcloud. Please give feedback if you want!

Posted By: Jim Garten
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 02:43
Used to a fair bit, but not for over 10 years now.

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 03:03
I smoked hash and weed quite regularly in the early 80's, but I stopped in early '85 and I never regretted that decision.

-------------

Posted By: Sumdeus
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 04:10
I became a pothead at age 11, don't really see myself ever not smoking weed for very long

Posted By: Undercover Man
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 06:44
Never done it, probably never will.

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 06:50
Never, and not interested.

6000th post. Have I nothing better to do???!

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 07:06
relatively big smoker in my youth... even dealt for a while to get my stuff free...Red Lebanese & black  Afghani or ganja or columbian gold >> most of that stuff was easy to find in Toronto in the 70's.

But when the stuff started getting rare and worse quality (mid-80's), I reduced quite a bit...

Upon my return in Europe, I spent a few years without it... Then I visited Dutch coffee shops, and tried a few of the local chemically-enhanced clone squnk stuff... didn't like it... Too strong, cold sweats, uninviting smell etc...  

So I started growing it.... with variable results... Now, I smoke two or three joints/year 

I guess it's fair to say I grew out of it... never felt trapped either

-------------
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 07:58
Used to be an avid smoker, stopped a while ago

About sums it up.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 08:00
I smoked very often for much of the 90s.  Then it became only an occasional thing and now I can't remember the last time I had any (then again, I can't remember most of the 90s either << /joke).  It wasn't a conscious decision to stop, it just wasn't conducive to my lifestyle any more. I'd probably do it again if the mood was right, but I've been offered numerous times in the past few years and turned it down.

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 09:07
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

Never have, no real interest in doing so.
This.

-------------

Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 09:10
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

relatively big smoker in my youth... even dealt for a while to get my stuff free...Red Lebanese & black  Afghani or ganja or columbian gold >> most of that stuff was easy to find in Toronto in the 70's.

But when the stuff started getting rare and worse quality (mid-80's), I reduced quite a bit...

Upon my return in Europe, I spent a few years without it... Then I visited Dutch coffee shops, and tried a few of the local chemically-enhanced clone squnk stuff... didn't like it... Too strong, cold sweats, uninviting smell etc...  

So I started growing it.... with variable results... Now, I smoke two or three joints/year 

I guess it's fair to say I grew out of it... never felt trapped either

I used to grow my own too. Nothing like  a free buzz.Ying Yang

-------------

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 09:11
Number of times I've tried can be counted on one hand, and it was all back in high school.  Never really held much appeal for me.

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 09:32
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Number of times I've tried can be counted on one hand, and it was all back in high school.  Never really held much appeal for me.
This.

...and it makes me sneeze for some reason, don't know why and don't care to find out.

-------------
What?

Posted By: tamijo
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 09:37

Seems a load of people are looking at what we do, just a shame so few are joining, we need more people, more debates, more music, more art.
Regarding w(h)e(a)e(t)d, i prefer mine baked and with butter or cheese.
 394 http://www.progarchives.com/forum/active_users.asp" rel="nofollow - Active Users online, 371 Guest(s), 21 Member(s), 2 Anonymous Member(s)

-------------
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours

Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 10:14
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

...and it makes me sneeze for some reason, don't know why and don't care to find out.

You're probably allergic to it. I knew somebody that was allergic to weed...of course, that didn't stop them from smoking it.

-------------

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 10:56
I used it when I was younger in an average of twice a month, always with friends. I have almost never used it by myself. And it's been a long time since the last day I smoked. 

-------------

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 13:55
I've never smoked and I'm not interested. Why would I spend my money for burning it - nearly literaly?

Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 14:22
have to say i'm quite surprised at how most of you don't smoke. maybe it's just cause of growing up in California but weed has been such a normal part of my everyday life for so long... the majority of people i meet in real life smoke as well.. I guess i underestimated just how much of a stoner population we have here

Posted By: akamaisondufromage
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 14:27
I used to smoke very occasionally because my friends did.  But I nearly always felt ill pretty quickly and now I never touch the stuff it doesn't agree with me.  Yuk!

-------------
Help me I'm falling!

Posted By: Pekka
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 14:35
Coffee and alcohol are my drugs, never tried anything else. I'm ever so slightly interested in how it would feel to be high on weed, but I would never, ever, ever want a habit out of it, so I'm not going to try.

-------------
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=42652" rel="nofollow - It's on PA!

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 14:50
I started smoking in about 1997 on a daily basis for about 9 or 10 years and then reduced heavily when the kids showed up. Now it's every now and then maybe once a month when I come across it.
Actually I'm smoking right now.

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 17:20
Originally posted by Sumdeus Sumdeus wrote:

have to say i'm quite surprised at how most of you don't smoke. maybe it's just cause of growing up in California but weed has been such a normal part of my everyday life for so long... the majority of people i meet in real life smoke as well.. I guess i underestimated just how much of a stoner population we have here

all the potheads are probably the ones who haven't replied to the poll.

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: October 26 2012 at 17:51
I smoked it from age 13 on and off until i was 20. I found it psychologically addictive. In early February of 2013, i will have been clean of it for 30 years-best decision i ever made!

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: October 27 2012 at 15:39
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

all the potheads are probably the ones who haven't replied to the poll.

If they ever could...

Posted By: Barah86
Date Posted: October 27 2012 at 17:03
Yeah I smoke... define avid.

-------------
Death seed blind man's greed
Poets' starving children bleed
Nothing he's got he really needs
Twenty first century schizoid man.

Posted By: The Neck Romancer
Date Posted: October 27 2012 at 20:15
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Coffee and alcohol are my drugs, never tried anything else. I'm ever so slightly interested in how it would feel to be high on weed, but I would never, ever, ever want a habit out of it, so I'm not going to try.

This

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 01:11
I think it's really funny that someone drinks coffee and alcohol regularly but is afraid of making a habit of smoking weed. Those two are so much more addictive and harmful than weed

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 01:48
My friends and I lived on the stuff in the early to mid-1970's.  It was the era....the University of Illinois in Champaign (150 miles south of Chicago) had so much, we smoked it outdoors in the public places of the university!

We had a public celebration called "Hash Wednesday," when the central part of the campus (the 'quad') was basically taken over by stoners.  The police just stayed away.   Look at this photo:   http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5137391" rel="nofollow - http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5137391

Seems that many/most of us "pot head pixies" were into prog, big time!!  That's pretty much all we played back then.  

Haven't done it in some years, but I don't pass judgement on those who partake.  I wish they'd legalize it and tax it.  

Posted By: Dayvenkirq
Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 02:15
^ God-damn! Was the whole university smoking the stuff?

I think it's really funny that someone drinks coffee and alcohol regularly but is afraid of making a habit of smoking weed. Those two are so much more addictive and harmful than weed
Sorry; ... I'm gonna have to go through all that myself to make a conclusion about that.

Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 07:43

There might be some truth to the last point, I don't deny that, but coffee and beer/wine/whiskey/younameit are easy. Legal's good, I like that. I like buying and doing my modest share of drugs without the slightest fear of getting into any kind of trouble because of it. 

And I've never had any interest in putting a cigarette in my mouth, so that goes for joints too.

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 13:22
Eh, the government sells a lot of terrible drugs legally, I don't think that means anything. Salvia is totally legal and sold in stores to anybody here but it's a super strong psychedelic that shouldn't be f**ked with by people who haven't had previous experience with something more mild like LSD or mushrooms. unfortunately lots of kids think "oh it's legal and i heard it makes you trip out, let's try it!" (just like my friends and i did in middle school) and then they do it and freak out cause they're not at all prepared for such an intense experience. so yeah I don't think just cause the government sells something to the public means it's good. Also being in California makes it really easy to smoke pot legally, everyone and their grandmother has a medicinal card nowadays

I dunno, to me it's just like... people who drink coffee every day end up needing it every morning to function... people who drink alcohol everyday end up dying quite young from liver diseases and other sh*t... people who smoke pot every day don't really end up with any issues or problems for it. smoking isn't healthy sure but weed smoke barely does anything compared to tobacco or something. I smoke weed every day but I can still go through an entire day without it and I'm not gonna be freaking out cause I'm sober, I'm just probably gonna go get stoned at night to relax. But it has no hold on me like most drugs try to do.

Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 13:44
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

used to grow my own too. Nothing like  a free buzz

Did it ourselves for a couple of years. Much milder than that available from dealers & considerably more pleasant... As I said before, though, was a long time ago.

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 13:46
Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

[QUOTE=Snow Dog] used to grow my own too. Nothing like  a free buzz[/qoute]

Did it ourselves for a couple of years. Much milder than that available from dealers & considerably more pleasant... As I said before, though, was a long time ago.

Oh yes...milder....a very long time ago....twenty five years at least.

-------------

Posted By: Barah86
Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 13:54

Salvia is totally legal and sold in stores to anybody here but it's a
super strong psychedelic that shouldn't be f**ked with by people who haven't had previous experience with something more mild like LSD or mushrooms.

>Mexican tripping weed

-------------
Death seed blind man's greed
Poets' starving children bleed
Nothing he's got he really needs
Twenty first century schizoid man.

Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 15:01

Maybe you're addressing this issue more broadly and not just replying me, but my entire point was "legal -> easy and entirely riskless to obtain and use -> I say yay", not that everything the government allows us is beneficial for our health.

-------------

Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 15:25
yeah and i'm trying to say you shouldn't just say yay to everything that's legal because the government peddles a lot of very harmful stuff on to us. Especially addictive substances. They want you to be dependent so you keep buying

Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 15:34
Oh I know, I do. Big Brother is still legal after all.

-------------

Posted By: The Neck Romancer
Date Posted: October 28 2012 at 16:10

Well, they're both cheap and can't get me in legal trouble, except for alcohol, but then again I barely drink more than a beer at a time and I don't have a drivers license yet.

-------------

Date Posted: October 29 2012 at 13:52
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

[QUOTE=Snow Dog] used to grow my own too. Nothing like  a free buzz[/qoute]

Oh yes...milder....a very long time ago....twenty five years at least.

mid-90's for me.... Yaeh, milder, mellower but biological ... And tasted much better because I took my seeds from Thai or Ganja from the mountains >> so already used to colder and wetter climates

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: October 29 2012 at 14:05
To paraphrase Bill Hicks..I used to smoke as much as the average touring prog rock band in the 70's...

Generally, I don't remember much..

Where's the Jaffa Cakes..?

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: Syzygy
Date Posted: October 30 2012 at 16:50

I've been through phases of being an avid smoker and an occasional smoker. I haven't partaken at all for about 5 years, though.

Although I was certainly familiar with the stuff from an early age, I didn't get into smoking the herb regularly until I was in my 30s and had stopped drinking (which was way more damaging).

-------------
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Posted By: manofmystery
Date Posted: October 31 2012 at 09:47
I've never had it and never will but I also strongly object to its prohibition.  Do with your own body as you please.

-------------

Time always wins.

Posted By: UMUR
Date Posted: October 31 2012 at 10:02
Used to smoke often, but never on a daily basis. Since I´ve had kids (which I´ve now had for 8 years), I´ve smoked very few times (and not because of moral issues, it´s just that I seldom get the opportunity to smoke these days). If I want to get intoxicated I still much prefer weed over alcohol. When I smoke weed I´m fine the next day. Maybe a bit heavy headed but that´s it. When I drink alcohol, I´m busted for days.

-------------
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/" rel="nofollow - Metal Music Archives

https://rateyourmusic.com/~UMUR" rel="nofollow - UMUR on RYM

Date Posted: October 31 2012 at 11:04
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Used to smoke often, but never on a daily basis. Since I´ve had kids (which I´ve now had for 8 years), I´ve smoked very few times (and not because of moral issues, it´s just that I seldom get the opportunity to smoke these days). If I want to get intoxicated I still much prefer weed over alcohol. When I smoke weed I´m fine the next day. Maybe a bit heavy headed but that´s it. When I drink alcohol, I´m busted for days.

I know that feeling. I rarely drink heavily now, partly because it makes me feel so bad the next day, but also I tend to get sick before I get happy drunk. So when I'm done drinking most people I know are just warming up.

Although I rarely smoke weed now, it's a far more pleasant and satisfying experience. The pubs around where I live are pretty rough too. I'm fed up with the whole world of blokes in vests drinking buckets of Stella then fighting each other, or beating up their girlfriends by the local kebab van. You don't seem to get that behaviour very much among the stoner brigade.

-------------

Date Posted: October 31 2012 at 12:12
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I'm fed up with the whole world of blokes in vests drinking buckets of Stella then fighting each other, or beating up their girlfriends by the local kebab van

You not coming to the prog-curry, then? The last one wasn't that bad...

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Date Posted: October 31 2012 at 13:56

I'm fed up with the whole world of blokes in vests drinking buckets of Stella then fighting each other, or beating up their girlfriends by the local kebab van

Jim, I don't want to wake up in a police cell again, with a medical examiner picking bits of a Pallas album out of my face, and having to explain to them what a 'prog curry' is..

-------------

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: October 31 2012 at 20:58
Wait...ummm...what was the question again? And are you gonna eat that Twinkie?

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Posted By: Andy Webb
Date Posted: October 31 2012 at 21:48
LOL

-------------
http://ow.ly/8ymqg" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: November 01 2012 at 04:06

Jim, I don't want to wake up in a police cell again, with a medical examiner picking bits of a Pallas album out of my face, and having to explain to them what a 'prog curry' is..

You guys still hold these prog curry events??ShockedLOL... I took part in the first one... fun evening, even if it was a shame it ended so early (damn early OK last calls)... I could stand doing another of those...

Richard, Andy, Alan , Chris, Simon, moi (and my better half for the first part) and some other bloke I can't remember his name now...

==========

And yup, booze does more damage than weed... and sometimes more towards innocent bystanders

But I do drink more than I toke nowadays... but very rarely go behind the point of being tipsy...

-------------
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen

Date Posted: November 01 2012 at 12:36
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

You guys still hold these prog curry events??ShockedLOL... I took part in the first one... fun evening, even if it was a shame it ended so early (damn early OK last calls)... I could stand doing another of those...

Richard, Andy, Alan , Chris, Simon, moi (and my better half for the first part) and some other bloke I can't remember his name now...

==========

And yup, booze does more damage than weed... and sometimes more towards innocent bystanders

But I do drink more than I toke nowadays... but very rarely go behind the point of being tipsy...

There's been a few since then, but it's been a while. Long overdue!!

-------------

Date Posted: November 06 2012 at 11:25

Don't worry about it, Andy - the magistrate was understanding & the goat was fine after a bit of counselling.

Mind you, I never did see what happened to the artichoke

-------------

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: November 07 2012 at 03:36
The kudzu is really hard to beat back around here. We also have an abundance of privet...

Posted By: zachfive
Date Posted: November 08 2012 at 17:07
I smoke weed/hash everyday. Once pot makes me lose my job, affect my marriage, go bankrupt then I'll consider quitting. A bowl of weed is just like my coffee/beer/aspirin/what ever the hell it is you take to make your perception of reality more palatable.

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: November 08 2012 at 21:53
Every once in a while, Tobold Hornblower's breed only.

-------------

Date Posted: November 08 2012 at 22:04
Anyone get those giant hog ones?

Posted By: Luna
Date Posted: November 08 2012 at 22:09
Appropriate

-------------
https://aprilmaymarch.bandcamp.com/track/the-badger" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: A Person
Date Posted: November 08 2012 at 22:19

Appropriate

Posted By: MillsLayne
Date Posted: November 09 2012 at 02:28
I used to all the time with friends, but then I started moving around the country with my wife as we steadily moved up the job ladder in our field of work and basically had to stop to be able to easily pass pee tests.  Certainly wasn't hard to quit, but if I knew I could get away with it, I'd start smoking again.  And I'd revisit some of my old prog favorites, too, and see if I might get a different experience while high.LOL

-------------
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbox/user/MillsLayne/" rel="nofollow">

ht

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: November 09 2012 at 21:05

wow, think maybe these guys took the term 'stoner rock' just a liiiiittle bit too seriously ?

Appropriate

Posted By: geneyesontle
Date Posted: November 09 2012 at 21:56
I've never been intrested in smoking. Even ones with water vapor, I just don't get it. Probably a waste of life.

-------------
Poseidon wants to Acquire the Taste of the Fragile Lamb
- Derek Adrian Gabriel Anderson, singer of the band Geneyesontle

Date Posted: November 09 2012 at 23:45
Originally posted by geneyesontle geneyesontle wrote:

...Probably a waste of life.

"Probably" is a poor word chose, as it may offend those who partake in smoking and do not beleive that they are wasting their life. Now, can it ruin some peoples lives? Sure it could, but all drugs have that possibility, both legal and illegal ones. What it really boils down to is the individuals level of responsibility. Smoking pot isn't for everyone, and those who do not smoke or dislike it should be careful when they express their opinions about those who do smoke. I enjoy smoking weed, you don't, end of conversation. I should not and do not advocate smoking weed, so treat me with that same respect and keep your opinions about pot smokers/weed to yourself. The thread, I do believe, is about your experience with weed, positive or negative. Not a thread about how you feel about it.

Date Posted: November 09 2012 at 23:51
Once upon a time... oh I forgot :)

What was the middle part???

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 01:12

-------------

Posted By: Dayvenkirq
Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 01:34
Originally posted by zachfive zachfive wrote:

"Probably" is a poor word chose, as it may offend those who partake in smoking and do not beleive that they are wasting their life. Now, can it ruin some peoples lives? Sure it could, but all drugs have that possibility, both legal and illegal ones. What it really boils down to is the individuals level of responsibility. Smoking pot isn't for everyone, and those who do not smoke or dislike it should be careful when they express their opinions about those who do smoke. I enjoy smoking weed, you don't, end of conversation. I should not and do not advocate smoking weed, so treat me with that same respect and keep your opinions about pot smokers/weed to yourself. The thread, I do believe, is about your experience with weed, positive or negative. Not a thread about how you feel about it.

Here is what I do not understand: how is he being offensive? He was trying to avoid that by using the word "probably". ... But it's not very important. ... It just confuses me.

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 03:58
I could make an endless list of people who were complete potheads and most certainly did not waste their lives... He may not have been trying to be blatantly offensive but he's still obviously being close minded if he thinks it's probably a waste of life.

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 04:17
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

Here is what I do not understand: how is he being offensive? He was trying to avoid that by using the word "probably". ... But it's not very important. ... It just confuses me.
Let me clarify this, if you use it on a regular basis, it is a wast of live.
But you could like it so much, that you dont care, just like i do with cigarettes.

-------------
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours

Posted By: refugee
Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 05:53
Luckily I don’t have any problems with weed on my balcony. It’s worse if you have a garden, I guess.

But seriously: I used to smoke in my youth but stopped after a couple of bad experiences.

-------------
He say nothing is quite what it seems;
I say nothing is nothing
(Peter Hammill)

Posted By: Neelus
Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 13:17

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 13:59
Originally posted by tamijo tamijo wrote:

But you could like it so much, that you dont care, just like i do with cigarettes.

This is your opinion, not fact. Explain to me, opinions aside, how it is a waste of life.

Nobody knows what life is truly about, and for each individual it may be different, so saying smoking is a waste of life, to me, comes off as a bit arrogant. When other peoples' actions deviate from your set of morals and values please do not assume they are wasting their life, rather, accept that everyones journey through life is different, and in the end, you know as much about the meaning of life as any other person, regardless of what drugs they take.

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:06

This is your opinion, not fact. Explain to me, opinions aside, how it is a waste of life.

Nobody knows what life is truly about, and for each individual it may be different, so saying smoking is a waste of life, to me, comes off as a bit arrogant. When other peoples' actions deviate from your set of morals and values please do not assume they are wasting their life, rather, accept that everyones journey through life is different, and in the end, you know as much about the meaning of life as any other person, regardless of what drugs they take.
Ok : My experince is negative - its a waiste of life
Now its my experince with Weed - happy ? 

On a side note, if you want people to keep their opinions to them self, internet forums is just not the right place, it will never happen

-------------

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:09
^Waste of time maybe, but waste of life? Nah!

-------------

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:09

Probably: Almost certainly, as far as one knows or can tell.

I said it was a poor word choice. If he were to simply say "It is my opinion that people who smoke weed are wasting their lives" I wouldn't even had responded, because opinions can not be refuted. But he didn't say that, he said that as far as he can tell, with almost certainty, that smoking is a waste of life. In addition to this he admitting that he hasn't smoked before, ever (not to be misconstrued as a bad thing) But I do believe that would make him ignorant on the subject of whether or not smoking is a waste of life. 

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:13

Ok : My experince is negative - its a waiste of my life

On a side note, if you want people to keep their opinions to them self, internet forums is just not the right place, it will never happen

Can you accept that people can smoke weed and not be wasting their lives?

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:15

Yes, i dont know about everybodys life, as i said before it a choice.
But if you think you can smoke 5-6 big joints a day, without hurting you helth, id say you are not taking a realistic view on things. 

-------------

Posted By: timothy leary
Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:21
I can tell you what a waste of life is...........putting people in jail for smoking it......and I believe that is the opinion of the majority of Americans.

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:27

But if you think you can smoke 5-6 big joints a day, without hurting you helth, id say you are not taking a realistic view on things. 

Where did you say anything about it being a choice? What I read was that you had a negative experience with weed, said it was a waste of life, then applied that to everyone who smokes...

And as for the joints, you are correct in saying that smoking (anything) is bad for your health. But marijuana can be consumed or vaporize with little to no negative health effects. I think it is you who are not taking a realistic view on things. Assuming everyones experience with weed must be exactly like yours' is ridiculous.

Posted By: timothy leary
Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:30

Must be some real bunco stuff if you gotta smoke 5 or 6 big joints a day, hope none of that stuff makes it to Washington state.

Date Posted: November 10 2012 at 14:32
Amen to that. Nice to see another person from the Olympic Peninsula on the forums.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk