Print Page | Close Window

New IQ album to begin production 2013

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog News, Press Releases
Forum Description: Submit press releases, news , new releases, prog music news and other interesting things happening in the world of progressive music (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=90838
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 21:39
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New IQ album to begin production 2013
Posted By: Gallifrey
Subject: New IQ album to begin production 2013
Date Posted: November 30 2012 at 16:33
http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/browse-by-year/2012/item/new-website-2

IQ have just updated their entire website, and also commented on a new IQ album being worked on next year.

IQ are one of the few bands in which every release is better than the last, and although they're now without Orford, I hope they can top Frequency (may be hard, it is stunning).

Predictions? Hopes? Do you think it will be out by the end of next year?

-------------
http://thedarkthird.bandcamp.com/

Replies:
Posted By: Andy Webb
Date Posted: November 30 2012 at 16:52
Great news! Frequency was excellent, so I have high hopes for this album.

-------------
http://ow.ly/8ymqg" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: November 30 2012 at 22:58
Good to hear!

I hope it makes it out by years end, though if they are only starting on it next year I suspect it won't be.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Date Posted: November 30 2012 at 23:05
Really depends on whether they've already been writing. If they plan to start writing next year, then it could be a while.

We've also got the Subterranea film coming out soon, and I hear they've written part of the score for that.

-------------

Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: November 30 2012 at 23:20
I have no doubt it will be another superb effort. IQ don't just crank albums out for the sake of it every year. They just take their time and put out a quality, thoughtful and exciting album every time.

I don't think they've ever put out a dud album, have they?

(unless of course some of you want to throw the `Nomzano/Are You Sitting Comfortably' albums under that category? I personally enjoy them just fine, but some people don't like them!)

Posted By: Progosopher
Date Posted: November 30 2012 at 23:42
Frequency will be a hard act to follow, but if any band can equal or perhaps exceed it, IQ is the one.  I have high hopes.

-------------
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: December 01 2012 at 03:48
I thought they were reissuing Tales From The Lush Attic in January first?

Anyway I got the e-mail as well and purchased the Forever Live DVD as it was on special offer and watched it in the middle of last night ( I'm an insomniac). Good stuff and funny to see John Jowitt wth hair!

Of course its now Tim Esau back in the band so arguably the two strongest musicians in the band have now left. They got over the loss of Orford much better than I expected though and Tim is an excellent bassist.

One of my favourite bands. I think because I am a similar age to most of them it helps me relate to the music on an emotional level.
Wouldn't say every release is better than the last but Frequency was an absolute belter for sure. I preferred The Seventh House to Dark Matter mainly for Pete Nicholls best vocal performance (imo) and the fact that DM got just a bit too close to certain Genesis tracks almost like they were working from a template. Frequency saw a freshening up of the music helped by the arrival of two new members I think.

Can't say I've any clue what to expect for the next album. Tim Esau's first album since The Wake. Could we get something like that dark masterpeice?

Posted By: progbethyname
Date Posted: December 01 2012 at 09:30
Originally posted by Gallifrey Gallifrey wrote:

http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/browse-by-year/2012/item/new-website-2

IQ have just updated their entire website, and also commented on a new IQ album being worked on next year.
IQ are one of the few bands in which every release is better than the last, and although they're now without Orford, I hope they can top Frequency (may be hard, it is stunning).
Predictions? Hopes? Do you think it will be out by the end of next year?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!! Good eye man!! The week I don't check their website and now I get the good news.

IQ is one of my very favourites in the Neo prog end of things right now, so I am incredibly excited. Here the situation, the last 3 IQ albums have been nothing short of stellar, so it would be hard to say that this new album for 2013 would ever blow. There is just no way. . I have high hopes and I'm a little crushed that JOWITT is no longer with the band after 19 years of service, but Tim Esau will take his place!

All in all I think the new album will be a success. IQ never go cheap on album production and usually take 5 to 6 years to make an album, so you know time and good energy is put into each record. Ever since The release of EVER things have been incredible largely due to Peter Nicholls being at the helm. Anyway, I'm very happy and excited to hear this. Thank you for the update!!! Also, I really think FREQUENCY can be topped.

-------------
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣

Date Posted: December 01 2012 at 09:37
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I thought they were reissuing Tales From The Lush Attic in January first?

Anyway I got the e-mail as well and purchased the Forever Live DVD as it was on special offer and watched it in the middle of last night ( I'm an insomniac). Good stuff and funny to see John Jowitt wth hair!

Of course its now Tim Esau back in the band so arguably the two strongest musicians in the band have now left. They got over the loss of Orford much better than I expected though and Tim is an excellent bassist.

One of my favourite bands. I think because I am a similar age to most of them it helps me relate to the music on an emotional level.

Wouldn't say every release is better than the last but Frequency was an absolute belter for sure. I preferred The Seventh House to Dark Matter mainly for Pete Nicholls best vocal performance (imo) and the fact that DM got just a bit too close to certain Genesis tracks almost like they were working from a template. Frequency saw a freshening up of the music helped by the arrival of two new members I think.

Can't say I've any clue what to expect for the next album. Tim Esau's first album since The Wake. Could we get something like that dark masterpeice?

I bet your as excited as I am. Also, I actually prefer The Seventh House over Dark Matter too. It's a 5 star album in my prog world for sure.

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2012 at 09:40
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

I have no doubt it will be another superb effort. IQ don't just crank albums out for the sake of it every year. They just take their time and put out a quality, thoughtful and exciting album every time.

I don't think they've ever put out a dud album, have they?

(unless of course some of you want to throw the `Nomzano/Are You Sitting Comfortably' albums under that category? I personally enjoy them just fine, but some people don't like them!)

I can't imagine the album sucking. Really can't. Also, I like your point about their production Values. I'd maude the same point too. Quality music for intelligent people. I've always felt that should be the band's slogan.

-------------

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: December 01 2012 at 14:49
Similar to Pendragon, in that each release becomes stronger. This will be a highlight of 2013 I am sureApprove

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Date Posted: December 03 2012 at 16:34
I think expectations are perhaps set a bit high by the sounds of it. IQ rarely ever dip below 4 stars and havn't for over 25 years in my estimation. As already mentoned the production values are the highest. Mike Holmes has a lot to do with that I'm sure.

Date Posted: December 04 2012 at 00:13
I have to admit. I haven't been this excited for an album release in a very long time. IQ are a very exciting band and I really dig their overall themes and subject matter with the lyrics and music of course. The reason why I am very excited is because I feel, with certainty, that this next IQ release will be very very good.

They will not fail us!!!

-------------

Posted By: ScorchedFirth
Date Posted: December 12 2012 at 16:08
I predict it will be a great album, but in the year 2014 at the earliest! 

Personally i'm very excited, IQ are a consistently excellent band.

-------------
breathing, eating, defecating, screwing, drinking, spewing, sleeping...

Date Posted: December 13 2012 at 11:11
Originally posted by ScorchedFirth ScorchedFirth wrote:

I predict it will be a great album, but in the year 2014 at the earliest!  Personally i'm very excited, IQ are a consistently excellent band.

-------------

Posted By: yam yam
Date Posted: May 28 2013 at 14:22
Well - we have an update, posted on the website yeterday...not much, but a start at least...  http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/news/item/iq-in-the-studio" rel="nofollow - http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/news/item/iq-in-the-studio : "This weekend IQ have been 'hard at it' at Aubitt Studios working on the new album. We'll have more updates on progress throughout the year."
Smile

Date Posted: May 28 2013 at 18:01
^ thanks so much yammy! 5yr break from new iq material, but it will be worth the wait. :)

-------------

Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: May 28 2013 at 18:05
Terrific news, just the tiniest update to raise the excitement levels again lol! Hopefully we'll have several other nice Neo releases in between to tide us over waiting for it!

Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 01:30
Didn't realise it was 5 years since the last album. Come to think of it its been about that length of time since I saw them play live. If  they could arrange a gig with Magenta in support then I would be in heavenBeer

Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 07:30
It will be five years by the time it's released. I received my copy of 'Frequency' through the letterbox one morning in late May 2009. I still remember that day fondly - didn't leave the house at all until the evening...and that was only 'cos I'd run out of milk...!! Tongue

Posted By: Roj
Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 07:46
Given that recording of  IQ's albums tend to progress at glacial speed I wouldn't expect anything before late 2014 at the earliest Wink.

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 07:58
LOL

Here's hoping anyway.

I'm looking forward to hearing how Edwards and Holmes sound like now, they were the real highlight of Frequency for me.

Strike that, I just saw that Paul Cook is back behind the drums! What!?!? I didn't know that.
Anyway that's what wiki says:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_%28band%29" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_(band)

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 09:39
Yep, the Cookie monster rejoined late in 2009, and they are almost back to where they started from (Mark Ridout and Carmine Brudenell notwithstanding). One day I reckon Martin Orford will have a change of heart (or run out of money - not everyone downloads everything they own illegally, it must be said!) and maybe the classic line up will play on stage together again some time - even if only as a one-off Christmas Gig...Well, we'll see... Smile

Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 10:20
The classic line up Will once again pay major divit ends, but for now I think it's a great line up. Too bad there is no more Jowitt, but it's neat to have the original bass player back in Tom Esau. Awesome!!!

Oh and I should say that I don't mind that IQ move at Glacial speed as some of you have said here. IQ difinately have have a formula that is working. Boy. Ever since the EVER album
IQ have really been the best band in Neo Prog history. Hands down.
I say, ' let them be snails in the studio!!' keep in mind, FREQUENCY was an incredible album and that will be hard to top, so IQ may have to change things up a bit sound wise to keep us all intersted once again.

:)

-------------

Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 10:38
^ Indeed, the curent line-up is superb, Neil Durant being an excellent keyboard player and an IQ fan himself for more than 25 years. He actually ran the very first on-line mailing list for IQ, 'It All Posts Here' in the early 90's before the Internet really took off and the IQ website started, and of course played with two other very fine bands in Sphere³ and Grey Lady Down.

Date Posted: May 29 2013 at 16:28
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

^ Indeed, the curent line-up is superb, Neil Durant being an excellent keyboard player and an IQ fan himself for more than 25 years. He actually ran the very first on-line mailing list for IQ, 'It All Posts Here' in the early 90's before the Internet really took off and the IQ website started, and of course played with two other very fine bands in Sphere³ and Grey Lady Down.

Very very freakin cool. Didn't know that. Neil Durant is an artist I'm a little unfamiliar with. Anyway, very nice to know.
Thank you.

-------------

Date Posted: May 30 2013 at 02:07
That Sphere3 album is a real gem ( and still not on PA for some reason). I saw them play live about 10-12 years ago at a festival that included Martin Orford's solo band and The Flower Kings were headlining. Someone might remind me where it was as I've forgottenLOL

Date Posted: May 30 2013 at 09:47

That Sphere3 album is a real gem ( and still not on PA for some reason). I saw them play live about 10-12 years ago at a festival that included Martin Orford's solo band and The Flower Kings were headlining. Someone might remind me where it was as I've forgottenLOL

It was on a Saturday evening, the fourth of August 2001, the day before my 46th birthday, at the three-day Whitchurch Music Festival, which ran from Friday to Sunday, and also included more wonderful bands, such as Landmarq, Primitive Instinct, Grey Lady Down & World Turtle. Approve
Regarding the absence of Sphere³ from progarchives, I'll deal with that little matter later on today... Wink 

Date Posted: May 30 2013 at 14:46

It was on a Saturday evening, the fourth of August 2001, the day before my 46th birthday, at the three-day Whitchurch Music Festival, which ran from Friday to Sunday, and also included more wonderful bands, such as Landmarq, Primitive Instinct, Grey Lady Down & World Turtle. Approve
Regarding the absence of Sphere³ from progarchives, I'll deal with that little matter later on today... Wink 

cheersThumbs Up

Posted By: Roland113
Date Posted: May 30 2013 at 15:06

Yep, the Cookie monster rejoined late in 2009, and they are almost back to where they started from (Mark Ridout and Carmine Brudenell notwithstanding). One day I reckon Martin Orford will have a change of heart (or run out of money - not everyone downloads everything they own illegally, it must be said!) and maybe the classic line up will play on stage together again some time - even if only as a one-off Christmas Gig...Well, we'll see... Smile

woowoo, yeah, color me excited, IQ always does great stuff.

Sadly, I don't see the classic line up reuniting for anything, there were some pretty harsh words between the Orford and Holmes/Nichols camp.  I don't see those three working together again.

-------------
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.

Date Posted: May 30 2013 at 15:09

cheersThumbs Up

No problem Richard, and regarding the matter of Sphere³: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=93781" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=93781 . LOL

Date Posted: May 30 2013 at 15:18
Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

woowoo, yeah, color me excited, IQ always does great stuff.

Sadly, I don't see the classic line up reuniting for anything, there were some pretty harsh words between the Orford and Holmes/Nichols camp.  I don't see those three working together again.

You're probably right Tom, but time is a great healer, and there were some very difficult times for all of them just prior to Peter Nicholls' departure, which I think were put into perspective were when their dear friend Ledge passed away a few years later. Never say never, eh? Strange things happen on this planet of ours... LOL

Posted By: Roland113
Date Posted: May 30 2013 at 15:27
^ I'm with you David, that would really be great.  They did some great stuff together.

-------------
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.

Date Posted: October 02 2013 at 17:04
OK...An update from the horse's mouth(s).
...With some music too!!

Thumbs Up

Date Posted: October 03 2013 at 01:46
'will sound like IQ' (Pete Nicholls)

phew that's a reliefSmile

the annual Xmas gig in London is later than normal (21st rather than around the second wekk in Dec that is normal). That may well be better for me. Its a long time since I saw IQ live. Would be just after Andy Edwards replaced Cookie probably 2006 I guess.

Date Posted: October 03 2013 at 09:58
Gotta love that dam horses mouth!!!

^^^ thank you Yami!!! Everything sounds like its in full propulsion.

As Dream Theater, Fates Warning and even Queensryche (minus Tate) have all released very decent albums, I really can't imagine my Neo Prog Heros letting me down at all. I have full confidence that IQ will release the best album of 2014 if it does come out then? We shall see. Boy....progressive music is in great shape in general. This year has been so great (2013) and I think 2014 will be the same. Prog on!

-------------

Posted By: tszirmay
Date Posted: October 03 2013 at 10:34
May 3 release, my BD is the next day! Wow, what a present ! 

-------------
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.

Date Posted: October 04 2013 at 01:44
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

May 3 release, my BD is the next day! Wow, what a present ! 

Approve 
think I'm seeing Rick Wakeman around that time.. and my birthday is a few weeks later.

Date Posted: October 05 2013 at 12:36
Confirmation from the band's website: http://iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/browse-by-year/2013/item/new-iq-album" rel="nofollow - http://iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/browse-by-year/2013/item/new-iq-album :

"IQ are pleased to announce that their next studio album will be released on May 3rd, 2014.

No further details on track listing or format details are yet available but on Saturday 3rd May 2014, they will play a special show at The Assembly, Islington, London, UK.

This concert is the official launch event for the new album.

To celebrate this, the band are making for sale a commemorative presentation box which will be limited to 500 copies and will contain:

• a ticket for the gig
  • a special 2 disc edition of the new IQ CD
  • another CD of material exclusive to this package
  • a t-shirt with an exclusive design
  • a programme featuring lyrics, images, photos and text about the album
  • sticker, a badge and of course glowsticks.

The price of this package is £48 plus delivery by registered 'signed for' mail.

We apologise in advance for the cost of postage on this item to Europe and Rest Of The World but we need to ensure this item is delivered securely and on time.

POSTAGE COSTS:
UK: £4.50
Europe: £12.00
ROW: £15.30

Orders are being taken now at the
http://gep.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=137" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: October 05 2013 at 14:32
^ wow. You can't really ask for much more than that. I am honestly thinking about flying to the U.K to watch the show.

Man. So the box set includes a ticket to the show or is it a commemorative stub?
Boy. This boxset really works out if you live in the UK. Lol

-------------

Date Posted: October 06 2013 at 04:30
Just discovered that I am seeing Rick Wakemn on ..yes you've guessed it the same date as IQ 's Islington gig and launch of the new album. Damn damn damn (although I am looking forward very much to Rick of course)

Date Posted: October 09 2013 at 09:29
^ you gonna buy the special edition? Or is it pointless because you cannot use the ticket?

-------------

Date Posted: October 09 2013 at 10:17
That's pretty damn unlucky Richard, what's the chances of that.

At least great news that the new album won't be too long. A repeat of the quality of Frequency will do very nicely thank you.

Date Posted: October 09 2013 at 19:57
Here are all the forthcoming gigs for the band...most are before the new album is actually released, but I expect a few tracks will be aired from it at each gig just to test out audience reaction...

Dec 20: De Boerderij, Zoetermeer (Netherlands)
Dec 21: O2 Academy Islington, London (United Kingdom)

Apr 12: Echoes Progressive Rock Festival, Lisbon (Portugal)
Apr 24: Melkweg Oude Zaal, Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Apr 25: Colos-Saal, Aschaffenburg (Germany)
Apr 26: Spirit of '66, Verviers (Belgium)
May 03: Assembly Hall, Islington (United Kingdom)
Oct 11: The Met, Bury (United Kingdom)

Thumbs Up

Date Posted: October 11 2013 at 02:35
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

^ you gonna buy the special edition? Or is it pointless because you cannot use the ticket?

I want it but then do I just keep the ticket as a memento?! Oh what a dilemma!

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: October 11 2013 at 02:46
Are you going to see Wakeman with the English Rock Ensemble? Who's singing?

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Posted By: Warthur
Date Posted: October 11 2013 at 04:34
Got my order in. Gig'll be interesting with all the matching shirts and glowsticks...

Date Posted: October 11 2013 at 08:32

I want it but then do I just keep the ticket as a memento?! Oh what a dilemma!

Exactly how I feel. This is what I call being caught between a rock and a hard place.
I'm torn really.

-------------

Date Posted: October 14 2013 at 15:47
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Are you going to see Wakeman with the English Rock Ensemble? Who's singing?

good question. I would expect Ashley but have a vague feeling they split. Also not sure who will be doing the David Hemming's narration this time. Will be good whoever or whateverApprove

Date Posted: October 30 2013 at 11:13
Forgive my lousy segue here, but since we are on the subject of IQ I was wondering if people here have heard of the very first IQ project before they became IQ really.

Check out THE LENS. :) was around from 1976-1979.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAtlVS7tQQo&feature=youtube_gdata_player" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAtlVS7tQQo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This may tie some of you over if you haven't heard of this project by the band till 2014. :)
Looking forward to the new album. :)

-------------

Date Posted: October 31 2013 at 17:23
New tour date added:

April 10: Music Hall, Barcelona (Spain)...With support from local female fronted band http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=5078" rel="nofollow - Harvest !

That should be one mighty fine concert indeed! Cool

Posted By: Hercules
Date Posted: October 31 2013 at 19:39
Frequency was indeed excellent. Their problem is that, although Martin Orford did not play on it, he contributed to writing a lot of the material (and was apparently singularly unhappy not to receive credits for it). It will be interesting to see if they can produce first class material without him; this is the first time they've had to.

Personally, if it came to a choice of Wakeman or IQ, I'd choose to see IQ every time.

-------------
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.

Date Posted: November 01 2013 at 03:34
^ Me too, especially as I've missed them the last 2 occasions they've played in my neck of the woods as I was on holiday both times, pretty unlucky.

Gig at Bury Met next October duly noted.  I will be there for sure this time Approve.

Date Posted: November 03 2013 at 03:30
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

Frequency was indeed excellent. Their problem is that, although Martin Orford did not play on it, he contributed to writing a lot of the material (and was apparently singularly unhappy not to receive credits for it). It will be interesting to see if they can produce first class material without him; this is the first time they've had to.

Personally, if it came to a choice of Wakeman or IQ, I'd choose to see IQ every time.

IQ have long been one of my favourite bands so I probably would have chosen IQ if I didn't already have the Wakeman tickets booked. However aside from the music, seeing RW also allows me to have an extended Bank holiday weekend in Bournemouth so I will have a lot of fun.Smile

I also could get to see IQ at Xmas as long as I can book not stupidly expensive accomodation in London at a time when hotels are heavily booked up. Any chance of that I wonderUnhappyTongue

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: November 05 2013 at 21:43
Very much looking forward to this one!! Now if they would just come to the US, specifically Seattle!!!!!

(yea right!)

-------------

Date Posted: November 06 2013 at 06:49
Hey guys. Just a quick question. Did anyone here watch the SUBTERRANEA movie yet?
I have not seen it, but i would love to of course.

Also. If IQ ever Come to Canada I'll eat my Prog collection.   

-------------

Date Posted: November 06 2013 at 09:35

Hey guys. Just a quick question. Did anyone here watch the SUBTERRANEA movie yet?

As far as I know it is still at the post-production stage. The first video blog (from early September) can be seen here: http://subterranea-movie.tumblr.com/" rel="nofollow - http://subterranea-movie.tumblr.com/

You can follow the film's progress here: https://www.facebook.com/SubterraneaMovie" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/SubterraneaMovie   Thumbs Up

Date Posted: November 06 2013 at 12:59

As far as I know it is still at the post-production stage. The first video blog (from early September) can be seen here: http://subterranea-movie.tumblr.com/" rel="nofollow - http://subterranea-movie.tumblr.com/

You can follow the film's progress here: https://www.facebook.com/SubterraneaMovie" rel="nofollow - https://www.facebook.com/SubterraneaMovie   Thumbs Up

Once again. Thank you, Yami. Much appreciated.

-------------

Date Posted: December 06 2013 at 22:38
And the latest update regarding the film was posted today:

We would like to OFFICIALLY announce that we have picture locked the film! All of the editing is completed and we are now moving into the other realms of post production. It has been a long and tiresome process but we are very happy with the cut of the film and look forward to enhancing it with all of the other elements of post.

We are very proud and thankful for everyone who has worked on and supported the film up to this point, cast and crew especially. You deserve a round of applause. Your hard work and dedication to the film is paying off. We can't wait to share it with the world.

At this time we would also like to share with you a teaser poster for the film!

We hope to have more frequent updates over the holiday season. Stay tuned.

Well, that was quick! We have made it to 700. Thanks for the support. Please continue to share our page as we move forward with the project. 

So, heres our part of the deal, the good news. 

We would like to OFFICIALLY announce that we have picture locked the film! All of the editing is completed and we are now moving into the other realms of post production. It has been a long and tiresome process but we are very happy with the cut of the film and look forward to enhancing it with all of the other elements of post. 

We are very proud and thankful for everyone who has worked on and supported the film up to this point, cast and crew especially. You deserve a round of applause. Your hard work and dedication to the film is paying off. We cant wait to share it with the world.

At this time we would also like to share with you a teaser poster for the film!

We hope to have more frequent updates over the holiday season. Stay tuned.

Smile

Date Posted: March 07 2014 at 07:05
First (very short) trailer for the long awaited new studio album from IQ. Arriving May 2014. Pre-orders now being taken at http://gep.co.uk/store/" rel="nofollow - - http://www.iq-hq.co.uk :

Not really enough here to base any comments on...Hopefully they'll give us a bit more in the next one.  Ermm

Posted By: stonebeard
Date Posted: March 07 2014 at 10:19
It's a trailer though. I don't want them to giveaway anything. And I haven't been this excited about a prog album in awhile, and doubly so since IQ can basically do no wrong in my book. They're the only prog band that almost never lets me down, and I love the sounds they're using in this short clip as well as the artwork. 

-------------
http://soundcloud.com/drewagler" rel="nofollow - My soundcloud. Please give feedback if you want!

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: March 07 2014 at 12:07

First (very short) trailer for the long awaited new studio album from IQ. Arriving May 2014. Pre-orders now being taken at http://gep.co.uk/store/" rel="nofollow - [COLOR="#0066cc - http://gep.co.uk/store/[/COLOR -    and http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/" rel="nofollow - [COLOR="#0066cc - http://www.iq-hq.co.uk[/COLOR - :

Not really enough here to base any comments on...Hopefully they'll give us a bit more in the next one.  Ermm

Yay!

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Date Posted: March 09 2014 at 12:58

First (very short) trailer for the long awaited new studio album from IQ. Arriving May 2014. Pre-orders now being taken at http://gep.co.uk/store/" rel="nofollow - [COLOR="#0066cc - http://gep.co.uk/store/[/COLOR -    and http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/" rel="nofollow - [COLOR="#0066cc - http://www.iq-hq.co.uk[/COLOR - :

Awe this is great! And their is, I feel, a lot to comment on even from this short trailer.
I love some of the sounds and images I saw/heard. Looks like the album is definîtely gonna have an edge to it. I'm very excited and I shall make my preorder!
Thanks again, Yami! You have been so great and diligent with keeping up with the new updates on IQ's web page.
Thanks man. And so nice we got an official release date for the album now.

Road to Bones will be mine!!!

-------------

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: March 09 2014 at 14:03
I am really looking forward to this one too. Currently been digging Frequency a lot, which I think is their best album since The Wake. 
I don't really want to sneakypeaky this though. I am all for surprisesBig smile

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: March 09 2014 at 17:37
IQ is very hit or miss for me, but i still play Ever every so often. Still not as often as my favorite Neo album, Clutching At Straws, I kind of like the artwork, even though it has that overly glossy, edited look that a lot of albums covers have nowadays - especially metal. 

Like said before, not much to go on, though i liked the mallet percussion i heard. 

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Date Posted: March 11 2014 at 11:18
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I am really looking forward to this one too. Currently been digging Frequency a lot, which I think is their best album since The Wake. 
I don't really want to sneakypeaky this though. I am all for surprisesBig smile

You could watch the trailer. It's not a spoiler. I'm like you where I love the element if surprise.
Anyhow, it's a small clip.

-------------

Date Posted: March 12 2014 at 05:45
Unusually for IQ this time, they will be releasing 'The Road Of Bones' not only as a standard single disc edition in a jewel case, but also as a double disc digipak edition which contains around 40 minutes of additional music.

Guitarist-keyboardist Mike Holmes explains: “We generally write far more than we need for an album, then choose the best bits. This time we thought some people would like to hear the material that didn’t quite make it into the finished product.”

At the moment, work hasn’t quite been completed on the 60-minute release, so a final tracklist isn’t available, but as mentioned previously, pre-orders are being taken at http://gep.co.uk/store/" rel="nofollow - - http://www.iq-hq.co.ukThumbs Up

Date Posted: March 13 2014 at 11:25
^ sounds great, but i think I am gonna wait until Amazon Canada releases the album because if I buy it now it'll be close to 30$ Canadian, which seems a bit much but that's because the GDP is nearly double North American currency.
Ah well. Gotta be patient.

-------------

Date Posted: March 14 2014 at 23:42
Oh man this sounds massive. Love the snare sound, love the riff, love the production. Was not expecting this at all, but this actually sounds like a pretty big deviation from their sound, in a good way.

Pre ordered.

Ready for this.

-------------

Date Posted: March 15 2014 at 11:53
Pete's vocals were finished yesterday. Tracklist soon...  Smile

Date Posted: March 17 2014 at 14:13
Just a couple of months more until we all get to enjoy the sh*t of this!
I know it's gonna be great. Just know it.

-------------

Date Posted: March 19 2014 at 06:12
The album is now mixed and ready to be pressed: http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/browse-by-category/release-news/item/mixed" rel="nofollow - http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/browse-by-category/release-news/item/mixed :

"IQ are very pleased to to announce that the new album "The Road Of Bones" is mixed and ready to go for pressing."

Mike Holmes: “Every time we go to record a new IQ album I tell myself I’ll get it done in less time than before, and every time it takes longer… Having said that it was the equivalent of two albums this time. We usually write more than we need for an album and pick the material that makes for the best ‘album flow’, if you know what I mean, and the rest is often discarded or put on the back burner indefinitely. This time we thought people would be interested to hear all the songs, including the stuff that didn’t quite make it onto the main album for whatever reason, so we’re doing a special edition with a second disc of the rest of the material.”

Thumbs Up

Date Posted: March 19 2014 at 08:23
An absolute no brainer.  I will definitely be getting the 2 disc edition!

Posted By: The T
Date Posted: March 19 2014 at 08:26
Awesome. One of the best prog bands, definitely the best neo-prog band active today (Arena has really taken a dive, Marillion is not prog anymore, etc). Awesome news! 

-------------

Date Posted: March 19 2014 at 10:20
Two disc just preorderedThumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: March 20 2014 at 02:32
Me too

Date Posted: March 20 2014 at 10:15
Sweet......wish a vinyl version would come out, but I'll take the CD for now.

-------------

Date Posted: March 20 2014 at 11:38
The subject of vinyl is already being discussed in the IQ official forum: http://iq-forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3759&start=15#p64994" rel="nofollow - http://iq-forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3759&start=15#p64994  (scroll down):

"There won´t be a vinyl right from the start, but if you all ask for it very loud.. You know, we GEP-people love vinyl."

Smile

Date Posted: March 22 2014 at 10:35

IQ are pleased to present the track listing for their upcoming new CD, 'The Road Of Bones': http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/browse-by-year/2014/item/the-track-listing" rel="nofollow - http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/browse-by-year/2014/item/the-track-listing :

Disc 1:
1. From The Outside In
2. The Road Of Bones
3. Without Walls
4. Ocean
5. Until The End

Disc 2 (Bonus Disc):
1. Knucklehead
2. 1312 Overture
3. Constellations
4. Fall and Rise
5. Ten Million Demons
6. Hardcore

Sorry - no timings as yet... Embarrassed

Posted By: Clepsydra
Date Posted: March 22 2014 at 20:08
Awesome! Thanks yam yam!
I ordered the Box, can't wait!

Date Posted: March 22 2014 at 20:20

Currently been digging Frequency a lot, which I think is their best album since The Wake.

I agree! I love Frequency where I was disappointed in much of Dark Matter.

I feel that the new one will be more like DM though...

Date Posted: March 22 2014 at 20:25
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Awesome. One of the best prog bands, definitely the best neo-prog band active today (Arena has really taken a dive, Marillion is not prog anymore, etc).

Yes, where most Neo-Prog bands either went Prog Metal or  (in the case of Marillion) Post Rock, IQ stayed the course.
Alongside IQ, Clepsydra, are the best Neo-Prog bands today!

Date Posted: March 23 2014 at 14:31
Another little teaser, guys:

Sounding good!!  Approve

Date Posted: March 23 2014 at 15:20

The subject of vinyl is already being discussed in the IQ official forum: http://iq-forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3759&start=15#p64994" rel="nofollow - http://iq-forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3759&start=15#p64994  (scroll down):

"There won´t be a vinyl right from the start, but if you all ask for it very loud.. You know, we GEP-people love vinyl."

Smile

Clap

-------------

Date Posted: March 24 2014 at 19:37

IQ are pleased to present the track listing for their upcoming new CD, 'The Road Of Bones': http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/browse-by-year/2014/item/the-track-listing" rel="nofollow - http://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/browse-by-year/2014/item/the-track-listing :

Disc 1:1. From The Outside In2. The Road Of Bones3. Without Walls4. Ocean5. Until The End

Disc 2 (Bonus Disc):1. Knucklehead2. 1312 Overture3. Constellations4. Fall and Rise5. Ten Million Demons6. Hardcore

Sorry - no timings as yet... Embarrassed

I think we can all expect something beautiful, dark and epic here.
This is my most anticipated release for 2014, even more so than Anathema and Lacuna Coil's albums to be out this year.
I am very excited and can't wait to blast this new IQ album through my Crazy-awesome sound system.

-------------

Date Posted: March 24 2014 at 19:39

Another little teaser, guys:

Sounding good!!  Approve

This sounds amazing!!!

-------------

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: March 24 2014 at 19:41
Anyone else think the drums sound overwhelmingly programmed? The kit sounds so fake..

How unfortunate.. otherwise i love the teaser..

Ermm

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Date Posted: March 24 2014 at 19:42
The album sounds like its gonna be a prefect hybrid of Dark Matter and Frequency.
Can't go wrong there. I think there is plenty of room for IQ to explore some more different musical directions.
The difference wheel isn't shot yet. :)

-------------

Date Posted: March 25 2014 at 12:28
Originally posted by Clepsydra Clepsydra wrote:

Currently been digging Frequency a lot, which I think is their best album since The Wake.
I agree! I love Frequency where I was disappointed in much of Dark Matter.I feel that the new one will be more like DM though...

2 great opinions here, but I honesty think The Seventh House has a slight edge over both Dark Matter and Frequency.
In the 21st century, The Seventh House reigns as my champion from IQ. Also, I'd be so happy if 'The Road Of Bones' was a nice hybrid of The Seventh House and Frequency. Don't think it'll end up sounding like that, but we will all know soon enough.

Prog on!!!

-------------

Date Posted: March 29 2014 at 09:04
And we now have the track timings:

Disc 1:
1. From The Outside In (7:25)
2. The Road Of Bones (8:32)
3. Without Walls (19:15)
4. Ocean (5:43)
5. Until The End (11:00)

Total Time 51:55

Disc 2 (Bonus Disc):
1. Knucklehead (8:11)
2. 1312 Overture (4:18)
3. Constellations (12:25)
4. Fall and Rise (7:10)
5. Ten Million Demons (6:10)
6. Hardcore (10:53)

Total Time 49:07

Thumbs Up

Edit: Any S.C.s passing through here wanna update the album: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45042" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45042 ...?  Embarrassed

Date Posted: March 29 2014 at 16:32

I'd be so happy if 'The Road Of Bones' was a nice hybrid of The Seventh House and Frequency.

Now THAT would be wonderful! Clap

Sorry, but other than HOS, I don't care for Dark Matter. It is probably my least favorite IQ album.

Date Posted: March 29 2014 at 23:10

And we now have the track timings:

Disc 1:1. From The Outside In (7:25)2. The Road Of Bones (8:32)3. Without Walls (19:15)4. Ocean (5:43)5. Until The End (11:00)

Total Time 51:55

Disc 2 (Bonus Disc):1. Knucklehead (8:11)2. 1312 Overture (4:18)3. Constellations (12:25)4. Fall and Rise (7:10)5. Ten Million Demons (6:10)6. Hardcore (10:53)

Total Time 49:07

Thumbs Up

Edit: Any S.C.s passing through here wanna update the album: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45042" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45042 ...?  Embarrassed

It seems almost mandatory for one to pick up the 2 disc edition. Man, that 2nd disc has nearly 50mins of music!!
Love some of the track names as well. KNUCKLEHEAD strikes me well! :)
I am so looking forward to this. Very very excited.

-------------

Date Posted: March 29 2014 at 23:16
Originally posted by Clepsydra Clepsydra wrote:

I'd be so happy if 'The Road Of Bones' was a nice hybrid of The Seventh House and Frequency.
Now THAT would be wonderful! ClapSorry, but other than HOS, I don't care for Dark Matter. It is probably my least favorite IQ album.

Dark Matter has some great material on it, and I've always adored 'The Sacred Sound.' I feel it is a top notch track, but like you I feel 'Dark Matter' is waaaay down on the totem poll for IQ's grand discography. Come to think of it, Dark Matter would be my least favourite IQ album with Peter Nicholls at the helm. Well, above all, I still would love that seventh house/Frequency hybrid!!! :)

-------------

Posted By: Kazza3
Date Posted: March 30 2014 at 23:52
Sacred Sound is one of the tracks that got me into prog, so at the time I loved the album, but listening to it now, the rest of the album in particular doesn't quite stack up to their other work. Anyway, looking forward to the new album!

Posted By: johnobvious
Date Posted: April 01 2014 at 15:06
Well, its settled. The new IQ is only average. Some dope already gave it a 3 star rating

-------------
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday

Date Posted: April 01 2014 at 15:27
Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

Well, its settled. The new IQ is only average. Some dope already gave it a 3 star rating

Yep. You really do wonder (and get rather pissed off) at the mentality of people who do this, don't you?

-------------

Date Posted: April 01 2014 at 15:34
Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

What a stupid A**!

I give it a 13! Wink

Date Posted: April 01 2014 at 15:36
Wait a minute!
Aren't you supposed to wait till the release date to vote?
I mean it has not even been released yet; how the hell can you rate it?

Posted By: stonebeard
Date Posted: April 13 2014 at 03:11

If anyone is so inclined to listen, this is the full title track from The Road of Bones. And honestly I love everything about it. The keyboard sounds used, the drum sound, the mixing, the composition. It's very tasteful. I'll put this, "Frequency," "Closer," and "Guiding Light" as the best songs IQ's done post- Subterranea.

-------------
http://soundcloud.com/drewagler" rel="nofollow - My soundcloud. Please give feedback if you want!

Date Posted: April 13 2014 at 06:11
^ I can't actually see anything to listen to in this post, but the title track is now up on YouTube:

And so there we are...  Embarrassed

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk