Forum Description: Discuss any topic at all that is not music-related
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=90921
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 21:39
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The NHL Non-Thread
Posted By: rdtprog
Subject: The NHL Non-Thread
Date Posted: December 07 2012 at 04:25
Looks like we wont see (Canadians) hockey soon or maybe its part of the strategy to wait until the last day next week, because, make a 30 games schedule would be ridiculous. It was so funny to see last night one side saying that both parties were close to a deal and the other the contrary. The players are more divided than ever after that frustrating day where the owners took away their offer, and now its all looking ridiculous to witness the battle of millionaires  on numbers.

Does anybody care about the NHL?

-------------
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Replies:
Posted By: manofmystery
Date Posted: December 07 2012 at 19:45

Yeah, we all really f**king miss it in Pittsburgh!  Damn you, Bettman!

-------------

Time always wins.

Posted By: AEProgman
Date Posted: December 07 2012 at 20:07

I have not kept up on it since the first few cancelations and have missed going to a few Hurricanes games this year, even though I am a Penguins fan.  Just when the NHL seemed to be getting some popularity, they have screwed it up again!

-------------

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: December 07 2012 at 20:17
Shame...rangers get good, season gets cancelled.

How much have they cancelled now? I figured the whole season is gone once they cancelled the winter classic.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: geneyesontle
Date Posted: December 07 2012 at 20:48
I will do a sport trip in New York and there was supposed to be an NHL game. CURSE YOU GARY BETTEMAN !!! LOL

-------------
Poseidon wants to Acquire the Taste of the Fragile Lamb
- Derek Adrian Gabriel Anderson, singer of the band Geneyesontle

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: December 07 2012 at 21:18
Ian White of the Red Wings called Bettman an "Idiot", and rightly so. White also said that Bettman has been ruining the game since he became commissioner, and I think that is an inarguable fact. The game is going to hell rule-wise, there are too many failing teams in markets that don't give a damn for hockey, and these stupid lockouts keep driving potential fans away. I am glad I didn't waste money on season tickets this year. I may not even go to a game next year.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Date Posted: December 08 2012 at 04:22
Betteman have done some bad decisions by giving teams to some new markets in the south of US and now it tries to fix things with owners that can't seems to control themselves when comes to time to give long contracts to players, but what is curious is the fact that only a minority of owners can give the power to the NHL to get in a lock out and i presume that it's the owner that don't make money who gave their vote on a lock out. Hockey is suffering from a lack of interest in some markets in the US and now that owners have spend their money irrationally, they want to have back their money from the players, and i understand the players to refuse to give all they have. 

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Posted By: Stooge
Date Posted: December 08 2012 at 15:32
With the Leafs not playing and the Raptors MIA this year, I have to wait for the baseball season.  I definitely wouldn't mind hockey coming back, but unlike the last lockout I think the lack of a season could actually benefit the Leafs.  

Living in Canada, I have almost no choice but to get daily updates.  Both sides piss me off.  I started as pro-owner, seeing the players as a bunch of spoiled brats who couldn't hack it in reality.  However, Bettman's way of negotiating and say he's pulling offers from the table rubs me the wrong way.  Both sides need to make sacrifices for the sake of the game or else you can pretty much kiss at least 4 American markets goodbye.

-------------
A fun place to review and discuss metal: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/" rel="nofollow - MetalMusicArchives

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: December 08 2012 at 15:49
I believe, like last time, the suicide rate in Canada is up 77%, with alcohol consumption up at least 9000 fold

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: December 08 2012 at 16:56
Couldn't care less.

-------------

Date Posted: December 08 2012 at 17:02
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

I believe, like last time, the suicide rate in Canada is up 77%, with alcohol consumption up at least 9000 fold

That's why, unlike many of my sports-loving friends, I branch out further than hockey.  Though I can't believe that there are some only-hockey guys out there who can't be bothered with junior hockey, and will only take the "superior" NHL.

On another note, I remember reading some articles in the last month that beer consumption has actually dropped.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/11/07/sp-nhl-lockout-beer-molson-coors-sales-down.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/11/07/sp-nhl-lockout-beer-molson-coors-sales-down.html

Maybe it's the lack of hockey that makes them buy better beer now. LOL

-------------
A fun place to review and discuss metal: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/" rel="nofollow - MetalMusicArchives

Date Posted: December 08 2012 at 17:11
That's why insane fandom in the US is low...all the crazy f**kers are dispersed amongst the sports!
With just hockey, or football, all the nutters accumulate in one placeLOL

Anyway, as a very casual hockey fan it sucks. Especially since every time the Rangers seem to be getting very good there seems to be a strike/lock out! Really can't say I'm upset about it though.

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: January 06 2013 at 08:19

It looks as though we are going to have hockey boys and girls.  The owners and players have reached an agreement.

-------------

Date Posted: January 06 2013 at 09:45
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

It looks as though we are going to have hockey boys and girls.  The owners and players have reached an agreement.

I was actually pretty happy to hear this news.  Thinking about it, I think I'm more happy that they'll stop reporting on the non-news of negotiations than anything else. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: January 06 2013 at 12:53
woo I suppose.

Anyone want to post details? (Like how many games and etc)

-------------

Date Posted: January 06 2013 at 13:19
Canada, Detroit and Pittsburgh are crying tears of joy.
Elsewhere not a single f**k was givenLOL

Date Posted: January 06 2013 at 13:49
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

woo I suppose.

More details at the end of the day or tomorrow, but it won't be more than 49 games and less than 45 games, i assume... As much as i love football and basketball, i am glad that in spring i will have hockey before the baseball season.

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: January 06 2013 at 13:51
As much as I hate them, Philly, DC, and Boston also have strong fanbases that are probably very happy today.  Don't know about most western conference markets.
I look forward to finally getting to watch my Pens but am not as optimistic (shocker, right) about them as everyone else around here.  Been so long since last season everyone seems to forget the disastrous end to last season and the loss of our best all-around player (yep, it was Staal).  At least they got a pretty solid goalie for when Fleury starts letting in every other shot he sees.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: January 06 2013 at 14:29
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

woo I suppose.

More details at the end of the day or tomorrow, but it won't be more than 49 games and less than 45 games, i assume... As much as i love football and basketball, i am glad that in spring i will have hockey before the baseball season.

Thats more than I suspected...but I agree with you. Will be nice to see some hockey.

I assume the players that bolted for europe/canada/etc will be out for the season?

-------------

Date Posted: January 07 2013 at 07:33
And the Cup to the New Jersey Devils!

-------------

Date Posted: January 08 2013 at 09:44
The league should threaten the New Jersey Devils with contraction until they decide to actually play hockey, instead of the trap, and start filling their stadium without the Penguins being in town.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: January 08 2013 at 10:01

-------------

Posted By: Roland113
Date Posted: January 08 2013 at 10:06
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Canada, Detroit and Pittsburgh are crying tears of joy.
Elsewhere not a single f**k was givenLOL

Bwahahahaha

(go Pens)

Date Posted: January 08 2013 at 10:08
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

As much as I hate them, Philly, DC, and Boston also have strong fanbases that are probably very happy today.  Don't know about most western conference markets.
I look forward to finally getting to watch my Pens but am not as optimistic (shocker, right) about them as everyone else around here.  Been so long since last season everyone seems to forget the disastrous end to last season and the loss of our best all-around player (yep, it was Staal).  At least they got a pretty solid goalie for when Fleury starts letting in every other shot he sees.

On the plus side though, Malkin has wasted no time with the lock out and has been tearing the KHL up as of late.  Assuming that he'll be back for the start of the season, he'll be leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league.

Posted By: Pekka
Date Posted: January 20 2013 at 12:32
Ha, 40 and 42 olds leading the scoring race Clap For this one night only probably, but it's still sweet to see this in such a young man's game.

-------------
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=42652" rel="nofollow - It's on PA!

Date Posted: January 20 2013 at 13:10
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Ha, 40 and 42 olds leading the scoring race Clap For this one night only probably, but it's still sweet to see this in such a young man's game.

Yes, sweet for Kovalev who has never been appreciated because of his lack of consistency, but this guy can do anything in one night.

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Posted By: Eria Tarka
Date Posted: January 20 2013 at 14:35
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Let's hope so!

Date Posted: January 20 2013 at 16:17
Originally posted by bytor2112 bytor2112 wrote:

Let's hope so!

In all seriousness, nothing could hurt hockey worse coming out of the lockout.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: January 28 2013 at 19:09
2 years contract for P.K. Subban with the Habs. Very good news indeed.

-------------

Date Posted: January 29 2013 at 06:18

2 years contract for P.K. Subban with the Habs. Very good news indeed.

He's going to negociate for a bigger contract in 1 year. The canadian's management just report this issue to resolve for a year.

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: February 01 2013 at 03:09
These blueshirts are ruining my dream of a Rangers, Blues final.

-------------

Date Posted: February 24 2013 at 11:56

-------------

Date Posted: February 24 2013 at 18:14
Look at those blackhawks go.

-------------

Posted By: kingcrimsonfan
Date Posted: February 25 2013 at 20:53
I really hope the kings do not win again this year. Who agrees?

-------------

Date Posted: February 25 2013 at 22:23
^ I imagine anyone who's not a Kings fan.

Which includes me.

-------------

Date Posted: February 26 2013 at 03:35
Originally posted by kingcrimsonfan kingcrimsonfan wrote:

Don't worry they wont win again. It will be tougher in the coming years to see some teams win it back to back.

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: March 01 2013 at 04:09
Rangers finally win! Woo...now just 3891 more wins to go...

-------------

Date Posted: March 01 2013 at 04:12

Rangers finally win! Woo...now just 3891 more wins to go...

By the way they came out in the first, they must have got shock therapy by Tortorella....

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: March 08 2013 at 23:08

Well that ended.

-------------

Date Posted: March 09 2013 at 03:38

Well that ended.

You can not win 1 point game forever!...

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Posted By: Larree
Date Posted: March 12 2013 at 18:28

I hope MY Los Angels Kings repeat this year!  Go KINGS!

Date Posted: March 14 2013 at 15:00
http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nhl-realignment-approved-1

thoughts?

-------------

Date Posted: March 14 2013 at 15:06
i am glad that the Red Wings goes to the East, but i am not sure for the Columbus Jackets....Thumbs Down

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: March 14 2013 at 16:05
I am happy the Wings are going to the East.  I really hate all of the West Coast games that don't start until after 10:00 local time; especially during the playoffs.  The worst rivalry that they are losing is with the Black Hawks.  The one with the Avalanche has pretty much petered out.  It will be great being able to face Toronto and Montreal more often, as well as Boston.  "The Original Six" pre-dates my nostalgia period but I can certainly remember back to a day when the Wings were in the same division as Toronto and Montreal.  I feel bad for Florida and Tampa Bay who should be in a division with Carolina and Washington, but instead are now stuck in a division where Detroit is their closest division destination, but I guess at least it is in the same time zone.

-------------

Date Posted: March 14 2013 at 18:16
Doesn't solve the problem that the talent is watered down because there are too many teams.  Also, why not just have an east and a west and the top teams in each (I don't say 8 because a round should probably be cut) make it.  Divisions are pointless and only leave the door open to deserving teams sitting home watching while division "winners" with fewer points sneak into the playoffs.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: March 15 2013 at 04:28

Doesn't solve the problem that the talent is watered down because there are too many teams.  Also, why not just have an east and a west and the top teams in each (I don't say 8 because a round should probably be cut) make it.  Divisions are pointless and only leave the door open to deserving teams sitting home watching while division "winners" with fewer points sneak into the playoffs.

I agree, too many teams, deficient rules for playoffs admissibility etc., but we are use now with this crappy manage league, just when you look at the way the referee gives penalties and how the league gives suspension to hockey player that almost kill another one.

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: March 15 2013 at 10:00
The refs don't call half the penalities committed and completely look the other way for a few teams whose entire system is built on interference (NJ and Detroit).  I already complained a few pages back about how the increased focus on boarding makes these interference heavy systems even stronger (although, it looks like those teams have begun struggling with their lack of talent).  Anyway, the policy needs to be: if you see a penalty call it whether it be 1st period, 2nd period, or with a minute left in the 3rd period.  Also, they really need to finally eliminate fighting.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: March 15 2013 at 15:22

I am happy the Wings are going to the East.  I really hate all of the West Coast games that don't start until after 10:00 local time; especially during the playoffs.  The worst rivalry that they are losing is with the Black Hawks.  The one with the Avalanche has pretty much petered out.  It will be great being able to face Toronto and Montreal more often, as well as Boston.  "The Original Six" pre-dates my nostalgia period but I can certainly remember back to a day when the Wings were in the same division as Toronto and Montreal.  I feel bad for Florida and Tampa Bay who should be in a division with Carolina and Washington, but instead are now stuck in a division where Detroit is their closest division destination, but I guess at least it is in the same time zone.

It will be a bit weird without Chicago Detroit in the same division, but Detroit in the east just makes sense (unless they wanted to do a north division). Ditto for Winnipeg and the west.

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2013 at 12:28

Third career goal for Martin!!!   

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2013 at 14:00

Third career goal for Martin!!!   

He didn't celebrate one bit, wonder why?

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: March 22 2013 at 14:37
^ I probably wouldn't have celebrate either, still...

-------------

Date Posted: March 22 2013 at 18:25
He's one of the best goal scorers on that team.  Still wish the league would shut down the Devils awful, hockey killing, trap system.  17 shots for their opponent last night?  Come on, that only accomplished via a system of interference.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: March 23 2013 at 03:52

He's one of the best goal scorers on that team.  Still wish the league would shut down the Devils awful, hockey killing, trap system.  17 shots for their opponent last night?  Come on, that only accomplished via a system of interference.

i wish they shut down the Panthers, Lighting, Predators, and the Coyotes also...

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: March 23 2013 at 17:39

Those teams should actually be shut down, yes.  NHL doesn't belong in any of those cities.  The Devils don't need contracted (though it's not like they attract many fans to the stadium), they need their trap system legislated out of the game (if the NHL just followed its own rules it practically would be, anyway).

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: March 24 2013 at 04:04

Those teams should actually be shut down, yes.  NHL doesn't belong in any of those cities.  The Devils don't need contracted (though it's not like they attract many fans to the stadium), they need their trap system legislated out of the game (if the NHL just followed its own rules it practically would be, anyway).

I don't think the Devils are the only team using the trap system at one point or another during a game. As soon a team have a lead in the game, the coaches tell them to back up and throw the puck in the other zone. Defensive mentality, trap system have become second nature in hockey player's mind to avoid criticism from their coaches and teammates, because when you're opened up the game, you are subject to give away the puck by turnovers.

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: March 24 2013 at 17:59
I still think it's a mistake for the league to allow it to go on, though.  Call it for the interference it is, get some of these junk teams that rely exclusively on it out of the way of progress, and watch the game start to grow.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: March 25 2013 at 16:09
Originally posted by Larree Larree wrote:

I hope MY Los Angels Kings repeat this year!  Go KINGS!

I am sorry, I just dont think that the Kings should win. If you are a real hockey fan you do not like the Kings. Sorry guys I just want to stir the pot LOL. On the other topic of discussion, I believe the devils and the other teams you have discussed should keep their strategies, because that is what makes the game interesting. Go Canucks!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: March 26 2013 at 00:22
The Devils' system is specifically designed to keep games from being interesting.  Any interesting game would mean that there is offense and that would mean that they are losing.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: March 26 2013 at 22:44

The Devils' system is specifically designed to keep games from being interesting.  Any interesting game would mean that there is offense and that would mean that they are losing.

That is how the Kings play too.

-------------

Date Posted: March 27 2013 at 08:04
^ I'll take your word for it.  I don't get to see western conference hockey too often so the west coast teams are largely a mystery to me.  The Devils are in the same division as my Penguins so I'm forced to watch them often.  Tampa Bay also plays some sort of trap system and all the Red Wings most recent success comes from constant interference.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: March 27 2013 at 13:31
Like it or not, defensive strategies and tactics are part of the game and as important as the offensive plan if you wan't to achieve success and eventually touch the Holy Grail.

-------------

Date Posted: March 27 2013 at 18:53
These aren't strategies, they are interference.  The league has been entirely inconsistent with the penalty enforcement.  It's as if certain teams are exempt from the rules because their systems pre-date the last labor despute... when all this was supposedly legislated out of the game. 

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: March 28 2013 at 06:33

These aren't strategies, they are interference.  The league has been entirely inconsistent with the penalty enforcement.  It's as if certain teams are exempt from the rules because their systems pre-date the last labor despute... when all this was supposedly legislated out of the game. 

The rules of the game are manage in a context of the situation, who has the lead, at what time in the game, if every team has almost the same amount of infractions, all this to give a chance to every teams that are struggling when they don't do interference. Remember that hockey has tough times to fill up the stands, so inconsistent penalty enforcement is part of the game, a game that have troubled to have more than 10 teams in good financial health.

On the other hand : Rumor says that Phoenix are gone next year...

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: March 28 2013 at 10:13
Iginla goes to Pittsburg!

-------------

Date Posted: March 28 2013 at 10:40
I am pretty bummed about that.  I like when players stay with the same team their entire career and hate when they leave get traded near the end of it.  I lost all respect for Ray Borque when he whored himself to leave Boston and go to the Avalanche.  Yes, he finally won his Stanley Cup, but I lost all respect for him. 

-------------

Date Posted: March 30 2013 at 23:33

I am pretty bummed about that.  I like when players stay with the same team their entire career and hate when they leave get traded near the end of it.  I lost all respect for Ray Borque when he whored himself to leave Boston and go to the Avalanche.  Yes, he finally won his Stanley Cup, but I lost all respect for him. 

I was happy to see him get a Cup.  He brought the Bruins close on a few occasions, and gave it a go for 20 years.  It's when people go championship chasing at much younger ages instead of fighting the battles while you're in your prime (in some other much higher scoring sport Wink) is when I get angry.

That being said, It'd be cool to see Iginla get a Cup ring, I don't want it happening.  Especially when the Leafs are looking like they can finally be a playoff team LOL.

On that note, anybody see Lupul's goal vs Carolina?

-------------

Date Posted: April 01 2013 at 15:26

I kind of agree with you Scott, but Borque and Iginla are two very different sets of circumstances.  

Borque actively asked to be traded to win a cup.

Calgary actively shopped Iginla as they weren't going to resign him this summer.  He wasn't going to have the chance to finish his career in Calgary so why block a trade for a team that could no longer afford him, especially when he had the chance to choose where he wanted to go.

Yeah, I realize it's easy for me to say since I'm a pretty big Penguins fan, but the bottom line is that Calgary wasn't going to resign him and they wanted to get something in return.

-------------
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.

Date Posted: April 01 2013 at 17:07
Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

I kind of agree with you Scott, but Borque and Iginla are two very different sets of circumstances.  

Calgary actively shopped Iginla as they weren't going to resign him this summer.  He wasn't going to have the chance to finish his career in Calgary so why block a trade for a team that could no longer afford him, especially when he had the chance to choose where he wanted to go.

Yeah, I realize it's easy for me to say since I'm a pretty big Penguins fan, but the bottom line is that Calgary wasn't going to resign him and they wanted to get something in return.
It is similar but different.  When you make the kind of money these guys do, what is an extra million or two.  You look at your market and say what can that market bear, etc...  If you really want to win the Cup then you take a cut so that the team can afford to pay for a better supporting cast.  And yes I know, that is easy for me to say sitting at my computer. It is entirely different to be the person saying "no.  Please don't give me the maximum that I could get if I went somewhere else that could afford to pay me more than they should".  It is just sports the way that they are.  I am just glad that I have been lucky enough to have guys like Steve Yzerman, Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker, Isaiah Thomas, and Joe Dumars who played their entire careers with the Detroit teams during my lifetime.  The sad part is that these are just about the only players to do so out of all of the players that have wore Detroit uniforms. 

-------------

Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 07:03

Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

It is similar but different.  When you make the kind of money these guys do, what is an extra million or two.  You look at your market and say what can that market bear, etc...  If you really want to win the Cup then you take a cut so that the team can afford to pay for a better supporting cast.  And yes I know, that is easy for me to say sitting at my computer. It is entirely different to be the person saying "no.  Please don't give me the maximum that I could get if I went somewhere else that could afford to pay me more than they should".  It is just sports the way that they are.  I am just glad that I have been lucky enough to have guys like Steve Yzerman, Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker, Isaiah Thomas, and Joe Dumars who played their entire careers with the Detroit teams during my lifetime.  The sad part is that these are just about the only players to do so out of all of the players that have wore Detroit uniforms. 

I agree with you a lot of what you're saying here Scott.  I have the utmost of respect for players that can play their entire career with a single team and my understanding is that Jerome Iginla wanted to be that person, he didn't ask to be traded and in fact didn't want to be traded.  Unless I'm missing something here, it wasn't a case of a couple million here or there, it was a case that the team didn't see him as a part of their future.

Heines Ward, lifetime Steeler was cut by the Steelers last year, he wanted to remain a Steeler but the team didn't want to keep him anymore.  I guess my point is that it takes both sides to make something like this work and the team would rather have gotten something back for him.

Really, who knows, maybe Iginla resigns with The Flames this summer and they still get the players / draft picks from the Pens.

-------------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.

Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 13:22
Jagr with the Bruins, maybe the missing piece to get the power play going. The others east teams are giving up to get the Stanley Cup, it's going to be a battle between the Pens and the Bruins.

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 14:38
The Pens are too strong, no one can compete with them this year imho. Pominville's still on the market, let's see where he'll go...

-------------

Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 14:44

The Pens are too strong, no one can compete with them this year imho. Pominville's still on the market, let's see where he'll go...

Looks like the complete Sabres Team is on the market!

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 16:13
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

Jagr with the Bruins, maybe the missing piece to get the power play going. The others east teams are giving up to get the Stanley Cup, it's going to be a battle between the Pens and the Bruins.

HAHA.  Boston's really grasping at straws after Iginla shunned them for da Burgh.  Jagr's a joke.  Where's the nearest casino to Boston?

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: April 03 2013 at 09:34

-------------

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: April 03 2013 at 16:54
Pens making some great moves,Ray Shero really knows what he is doing.

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2013 at 20:15
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

You're not allowed to be a Penguins fan.  Please find another team.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: April 03 2013 at 20:37

Back in elementary school Ray Sherro once traded an apple for a can of Pringles, a snack pak and a Tootsie Roll.

-------------

Date Posted: April 18 2013 at 21:46
Geez the Leafs have been turdy the last few games.  If this is the beginning of another collapse... Angry

-------------

Date Posted: April 19 2013 at 03:53
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Geez the Leafs have been turdy the last few games.  If this is the beginning of another collapse... Angry

About collapse, you haven't seen the Montreal Canadians, and it always starts against the Leafs....

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: April 19 2013 at 07:30
^ Canadiens. Not Canadians.

-------------

Date Posted: April 20 2013 at 23:26
It only took 9 years, but the Leafs will be in the playoffs.  If Reimer is expected to make 49 saves nightly, it won't be for long. 

And geez do the Capitals look scary lately.  The Isles are playing good now too.  The East playoff picture has many interesting possibilities.

-------------

Date Posted: April 24 2013 at 17:38
Rangers looking poised to f**k it up at the end.

-------------

Posted By: The Bearded Bard
Date Posted: April 29 2013 at 11:24
So, the Isles made the playoffs. Cool! They'll probably get knocked out after the first round, but you never know.

-------------

Date Posted: April 29 2013 at 11:58
The Red Wings made the playoffs for the 22nd straight year, but it took a 4-game winning streak at the end to do it.  Not sure that they have much hope of going anywhere this year, but the Kings won as a number 8 seed last year, so stranger things have happened.

-------------

Date Posted: April 29 2013 at 14:57
Go Rangers!

-------------

Date Posted: May 02 2013 at 09:22
The Pens looked great last night,and congrats to Flower for tying Barrasso's team shut out record.

Crosby out,Orpik out,Malkin not %100..Dupuis,Bennett,Letang and Tanner Glass!?! stepping up.What depth!

Clap

-------------

Date Posted: May 02 2013 at 10:19
Go Habs!

-------------

Date Posted: May 02 2013 at 11:31

The Pens looked great last night,and congrats to Flower for tying Barrasso's team shut out record.

Crosby out,Orpik out,Malkin not %100..Dupuis,Bennett,Letand and Tanner Glass!?! stepping up.What depth!

Clap

Darn it, where's the like button?

-------------

Date Posted: May 02 2013 at 22:07

Crosby out,Orpik out,Malkin not %100..Dupuis,Bennett,Letang and Tanner Glass!?! stepping up.What depth!

Clap

Douglas Murray is a monster.  I really hope they can sign him to a long term deal.  Guys just bounce off of him like they're running into a brick wall.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 01:48
Murray is indeed a beast.The Murray,Morrow,Jokinen and Iginla aquisitions were one hell of a good move.Ray Shero know what he is doing.Clap

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 06:18
The only chance that teams have to beat the Pens are if Kris Letang goes out. This guy is the steady force of the team.

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 07:13
Anything can still happen.  Only takes one hot goalie.  Letang has improved his standing, in my eyes, but I don't think it would crush the team if he went out.  I was amazed that he found the net, instead of the crossbar, in the first game.  Could it be he found some accuracy?

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 07:27
We have proven we can win without Letang,he missed quite a few games due to injury in the last two seasons.Hell of an offensive defenseman though.

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 18:53
2 goals in the first period for Sid.Thumbs Up

Who's your daddy Nabokov?? LOL

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 19:40
Go Isles!

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 20:43
Gotta hand it to the Islanders,from the 2nd period on Nabokov settled in and tightened up and the rest of the team played their asses off.

But,truth be told,2 of NY's goals were scored by Martin and Fleury.Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 20:53
Penguins habit of scoring on their own net in the playoffs is back.  Should be embarrassed to ever let a team like that into a game, let alone let them carry the play.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 22:51

Penguins habit of scoring on their own net in the playoffs is back.  Should be embarrassed to ever let a team like that into a game, let alone let them carry the play.

My son is already of the mind that we should give Vokoun a shot,but I think we should stick with Fleury for game 3(at least to start,lol).

-------------

Date Posted: May 04 2013 at 13:40
Excellent return by Crosby! Hope he stays injury-free for the rest of the series.

-------------

Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 00:51
Now that's a much better game, Toronto!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk