Posted By: rushfan4
Subject: 2013 MLB Season
Date Posted: March 09 2013 at 13:37
Photo

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: horsewithteeth11
Date Posted: March 09 2013 at 13:53
You have absolutely no idea how excited I am for baseball season.

As a side note, we're 2-11 in spring training right now. And I've already seen people throwing in the towel on Facebook, saying our season is over and done with. Really? Confused

I'm interested to see how Chapman winds up doing switching from a closer to a starting role for this team. Especially since I'm still iffy on that decision.

-------------

Date Posted: March 10 2013 at 17:01
Canada is beating Team USA 3 to 2 in the top of the 7th inning of the World Baseball Classic.  Not as important, but could be an upset on the scale of Team USA beating the Russians in the Olympics.  Team USA could be facing another WBC embarassment if they don't come back to pull this one out.

-------------

Posted By: Larree
Date Posted: March 12 2013 at 13:08
I bleed Dodger blue!  Go Dodgers!

Definitely looking forward to baseball this season!

Posted By: ProgMetaller2112
Date Posted: March 12 2013 at 17:52
Can't wait to keep track of my Halos Big smile  However, Hamilton and even Pujols are a big???? Can't wait to see more of that freak of nature Mike Trout LOL

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Date Posted: March 12 2013 at 18:18
Mike Trout IS amazing!

Date Posted: March 12 2013 at 18:37
^^^^ Yes he is LOL

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Date Posted: April 01 2013 at 15:14
The Tigers versus Twins is about to begin.  It is sunny and in the 30's in Minnesota today.  Go Tigers!!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: April 01 2013 at 15:52

The Tigers have jumped out to a 3 to 0 lead in the bottom of the 2nd.  So far, so good.

-------------

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: April 01 2013 at 16:34
Let's see how the Upton bros fare at Turner Field with the Braves this year.  There seems to be a lot of optimism here at the start of the season.  Of course, if they lose their first 3 games, then all the sports writers here will start panicking again.  It usually takes a while for the bats to get going.

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: April 01 2013 at 17:45
Alright!  HUGE opening day Dodger win today!  How about Clayton Kershaw?  A complete game shutout AND his first home run ever!  HUGE!

Go Dodger blue!

-------------
http://larree.ws" rel="nofollow - The Larree (dot) Website

Date Posted: April 01 2013 at 17:52
We're currently in the bottom of the 8th in a 1-1 duel with the Angels. And IMO our best player in Ludwick left in the bottom of the third with some kind of right shoulder injury. That's the last thing I wanted to see on Opening Day. Unhappy

-------------

Posted By: TheProgtologist
Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 18:22
The O's looked pretty good today in their first game of the season.Orioles - 7 / Rays - 4 Clap

-------------

Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 18:30
Sincerely, I believe the Yanks can win the division or end up last 20 games behindLOL

They have a good pitching unit, bullpen, Mo is back, and ironically a very "classic" lineup of small ball type players.
If they can hold it together until injured players get back, plus the very competitive division....
OR:
1. The injuries can linger
2. Mo may not return to his old level
3. The Yanks may have zero "grit" or "fight" and flop miserably and without life

Frankly I expect the last part to happen, this has been a painful process. Like detoxing a fat lazy b*****d addicted to crack. Any hope the Yanks clawed back from me late last year, was shot in the post season. I'll be happy to get near even this yearLOL

Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 18:49
The Yankme Crankmes come to D-town for Opening Day on Friday.  I am trying to sell my tickets for a large profit but no interest so far.  Damn you A-Rod and Derek Jeter for being injured. LOL 

-------------

Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 18:58
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

The Yankme Crankmes come to D-town for Opening Day on Friday.  I am trying to sell my tickets for a large profit but no interest so far.  Damn you A-Rod and Derek Jeter for being injured. LOL 

Funny thing is you "joke" but actually expose part of the problem. All you b*****ds across the US (or at least stadium owners) also suckle the pin stripe teat. Either by doing as you do, or all the stories I've heard that stadiums always fill up for the Yanks and ticket prices soar.

Ya filthy beast feeding hypocrites all of you. Wink

But yeah, this season is just the next step of the transition. Was really hoping management would guide the team as pain free as possible and not come crashing down and burning but they chose the latter!
Is weird seeing both us and the Sahx not relevant, in division and in baseball. With NY and BOS out the game feels dead to me LOLApprove

Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 19:21
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Funny thing is you "joke" but actually expose part of the problem. All you b*****ds across the US (or at least stadium owners) also suckle the pin stripe teat. Either by doing as you do, or all the stories I've heard that stadiums always fill up for the Yanks and ticket prices soar.

Ya filthy beast feeding hypocrites all of you. Wink

But yeah, this season is just the next step of the transition. Was really hoping management would guide the team as pain free as possible and not come crashing down and burning but they chose the latter!
Is weird seeing both us and the Sahx not relevant, in division and in baseball. With NY and BOS out the game feels dead to me LOLApprove
Opening Day crowds are usually drunk and obnoxious and filled with people who are there to be there rather than because they are actual fans.  Yankees games are usually filled with drunk and obnoxious people who are there to be there rather than because they are actual fans. Combine the two and you have a lot of drunk and obnoxious morons.

-------------

Posted By: manofmystery
Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 21:07

A couple things I know about this season:

- The Pirates will be below .500 (be lucky if they get 70 wins)
- The Yankees are going to have a bad year
- Another crappy NL team will find a way to beat the far superior AL team in the World Series.

-------------

Time always wins.

Posted By: Stooge
Date Posted: April 02 2013 at 21:25
Cleveland 4 - Toronto 1

Are the bandwagoners gone yet?? LOL

-------------
A fun place to review and discuss metal: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/" rel="nofollow - MetalMusicArchives

Date Posted: April 04 2013 at 21:21
My Angels are 1-2 Angry

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Date Posted: April 05 2013 at 17:19
Yank me crank me wind me up and spank me.  Tigers 8 Yankees 3.  Fielder goes yard twice and Avila adds a big banger.  Happy Opening Day!!!

-------------

Date Posted: April 06 2013 at 21:20
John Lackey left with a bicep strain versus Toronto.  Tough to watch him leave the game considering he also had Tommy John surgery.

-------------
A fun place to review and discuss metal: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/" rel="nofollow - MetalMusicArchives

Date Posted: April 07 2013 at 14:25
Speaking of tough to watch, a total slaughtering going down at the Dome today. Cry

The "fans" in attendance aren't liking what they're seeing.  I don't blame them for booing, but I know a large chunk of them probably haven't watched the Jays in a decade.

-------------

Posted By: rdtprog
Date Posted: April 07 2013 at 14:51
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Speaking of tough to watch, a total slaughtering going down at the Dome today. Cry

The "fans" in attendance aren't liking what they're seeing.  I don't blame them for booing, but I know a large chunk of them probably haven't watched the Jays in a decade.

The Jays doesn't look like the team everyone was raving about. When your first starting pitcher gets hammered like that in  his 2 first appearances, it doesn't look good. Never trust a knuckleball pitcher to be consistent over the years.

-------------
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: April 07 2013 at 19:30
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

The Jays doesn't look like the team everyone was raving about. When your first starting pitcher gets hammered like that in  his 2 first appearances, it doesn't look good. Never trust a knuckleball pitcher to be consistent over the years.

In Dickey's defense, his first outing was decently pitched.  Not Cy Young quality obviously, but Arencibia's passed balls didn't help matters out.  That game was winnable.  

-------------

Date Posted: April 07 2013 at 19:32

The Jays, Rays, and Los Tigres all got their butts handed too them today.  A combined loss of 33 to 0.   (at least that is what the scores were when the Tiger game ended). 

Tuesday should be interested between the Jays and Tigers.  Both teams with high hopes that should be quite mad about their most recent losses.

-------------

Date Posted: April 08 2013 at 22:18

The Jays, Rays, and Los Tigres all got their butts handed too them today.  A combined loss of 33 to 0.   (at least that is what the scores were when the Tiger game ended). 

Tuesday should be interested between the Jays and Tigers.  Both teams with high hopes that should be quite mad about their most recent losses.

Looks like I'll miss tomorrow's game on account of work.  I'll try to follow it via MLB.com unless my work has blocked that site this year.

-------------

Date Posted: April 08 2013 at 22:27
My Angels are 2-4 Angry  Here we go yet again Angry

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Date Posted: April 09 2013 at 21:09
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

Jays are 2-5.  I win!!! Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2013 at 01:17

No you don't, the Angels have higher expectations

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Date Posted: April 10 2013 at 22:00

That's debatable.  Sucks about Weaver, man.

-------------

Date Posted: April 10 2013 at 22:59

I know. I was and still am expecting great things from the Angels this year. It's World Series Champions or bust Angry

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Date Posted: April 10 2013 at 23:58

I know. I was and still am expecting great things from the Angels this year. It's World Series Champions or bust Angry

Yeah man.  Your boys better get it together if we are going to have a freeway series in October!  Angels are getting pounded by Oakland 10-4 in the seventh and my Dodgers are leading the Padres 4-1 in the top of the ninth.

-------------

Date Posted: April 11 2013 at 00:04
Originally posted by Larree Larree wrote:

Yeah man.  Your boys better get it together if we are going to have a freeway series in October!  Angels are getting pounded by Oakland 10-4 in the seventh and my Dodgers are leading the Padres 4-1 in the top of the ninth.

Right now AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Date Posted: April 12 2013 at 01:30
This Dodgers fan officially hates the S.D. Padres more then the S.F. Giants right now.  I hope those lousy no good dried up camel droppings lose 120 games this season.  Angry

-------------

Date Posted: April 12 2013 at 01:46
f**king Angels keep losing now I'm really pissedAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

WHAT THE f**k ARE THEY PAYING YOU TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO WIN SOME f**kING BASEBALL GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M REALLY REALLY REALLY FCensored PISSED OFF RIGHT NOWAngryAngry
AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Date Posted: April 12 2013 at 22:51
Jays win!!!  But we lose Reyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AngryAngry

-------------

Date Posted: April 13 2013 at 03:55

John Lackey left with a bicep strain versus Toronto.  Tough to watch him leave the game considering he also had Tommy John surgery.

Hey I remember that name LOLBeer  but to bad he's on the DL

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Date Posted: April 13 2013 at 06:00

That doesn't look good! I hate to see a good baseball player go down on a routine play.Angry

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: April 13 2013 at 10:47

That doesn't look good! I hate to see a good baseball player go down on a routine play.Angry

He's been by far the best player they acquired from Miami. Anthopolous is already looking to trade for another shortstop, as they guess he'll be out 1 to 3 months.  Of course, our best shortstop prospect (Adeiny Hechavarria) went to the Marlins.

-------------

Date Posted: April 14 2013 at 12:30
Dickey looked pretty good yesterday, as did James Shields of the Royals who pitched a two-hitter in a loss.

-------------

Posted By: Drew
Date Posted: April 14 2013 at 12:52

This Dodgers fan officially hates the S.D. Padres more then the S.F. Giants right now.  I hope those lousy no good dried up camel droppings lose 120 games this season.  Angry

Did you see what the Dodgers Tweeted after that series was over? It was great- and this is coming from a Giants fan

-------------

Date Posted: April 18 2013 at 21:07
Angels are 4-10 get your fu**** acts together and soon Angry

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

Date Posted: April 18 2013 at 21:52
Just as Dickey's been turning it around, he may be injured.  Unhappy

-------------

Posted By: progbethyname
Date Posted: April 26 2013 at 11:13
Go Jays Go!!! I need some MLB playoffs in this god dam city! Lol

-------------
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣

Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 16:49
Tigers beat the Astros 17 to 2 yesterday and lead 8 to 0 in the 5th today.  MLB really should be ashamed about having a team with a payroll less than A-Rod's salary.  It is quite a travesty.

-------------

Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 17:00
Also, what is going on with Doc Halladay?  Miami 14 Philadelphia 2.  That is twice (in a row?) this season that he has gotten absolutely hammered.

-------------

Date Posted: May 06 2013 at 04:30

Tigers beat the Astros 17 to 2 yesterday and lead 8 to 0 in the 5th today.  MLB really should be ashamed about having a team with a payroll less than A-Rod's salary.  It is quite a travesty.

Should also be ashamed to have a team with big payroll that is a travesty: the Toronto Blue Jays!

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: May 07 2013 at 09:57

Should also be ashamed to have a team with big payroll that is a travesty: the Toronto Blue Jays!
I'm not quite as shocked as I should be.  Dickey having a Cy Young season last year was kind of a shocker.  Hard to believe that a knuckleballer was able to pitch with that much success.  It will be interesting to see if he is able to find whatever it is that he has seemed to have lost.  The Marlins were last year's huge disappointment and adding those guys from that team, you kind of had to wonder if that stink might rub off on the Blue Jays.  They've probably already dug themselves to big of a hole to get out of this year, but who knows, with the talent that they have on that team maybe they will turn it around and at least make it interesting there in the AL East.

-------------

Posted By: Equality 7-2521
Date Posted: May 07 2013 at 10:40
It's not that surprising really at all. Their pitching was highly suspect before the season began.

-------------
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "

Date Posted: May 08 2013 at 14:40
Originally posted by Drew Drew wrote:

Did you see what the Dodgers Tweeted after that series was over? It was great- and this is coming from a Giants fan

Sorry I took so long to respond to this!  Yes!  (Damn, you guys slaughtered us last weekend.)

-------------

Date Posted: May 08 2013 at 15:23
Jays....showing signs of life. Guess the team listened to some Pink Floyd or something. Lol

-------------

Date Posted: May 11 2013 at 10:50
I called this.
I said watch the Yanks scrap through fairly well, just to have the stars come back and it goes to sh*t.
Well, the first part has held up, they've done amazingly well and it's been great to watch a real team and not just a bunch of guys slugging balls around.

Shame that eventually the big names have to come back... : (

Date Posted: May 11 2013 at 10:51
Jays....now not showing life. :( ahhhhhh well, GO LEAFS GO!

-------------

Date Posted: May 11 2013 at 11:26
I know the quality is poor (looks like someone took it with their home camera), but this might be one of, if not THE, defensive highlight of the year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJxVHwVTiLo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJxVHwVTiLo

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 11:48
At least we won something........

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles_buzz/2013/05/orange-black-and-cartoon-birds-reign-in-espns-battle-of-the-uniforms.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.masnsports.com/orioles_buzz/2013/05/orange-black-and-cartoon-birds-reign-in-espns-battle-of-the-uniforms.html

Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 12:00
Big two-game showdown between the Tigers and Indians starts today.  Cleveland has a 2 1/2 game lead over the Tigers due to their recent hot streak and the Tigers getting whomped by the Rangers this week.

-------------

Date Posted: May 21 2013 at 21:19
Tigers 5 Indians 1.  Another big home run for Miguel Cabrera. I think that ties him for the league lead in home runs, which means he leads all 3 Triple Crown categories again. 

-------------

Posted By: Roj
Date Posted: May 23 2013 at 08:01
'scuse the ramblings of someone from over the other side of the pond who actually likes baseball.  Now I don't profess to understand all the statistical guff but I do understand and enjoy the game.  On my first trip to the US back in the late '90s I just grew to enjoy the sport watching the playoffs.  My team became and remains the Braves, Chipper Jones was always my favourite player and I know he only retired recently after a great and long career.

The Yankees have always been the team I love to hate, I suppose that's predictable.  However the news that they have now jumped into bed with my least favourite English football team - Man City - and formed a new NASL franchise means I can really dislike the Yankees with passion and fervour Wink.

Date Posted: May 23 2013 at 09:33
So nice to know that even an ocean away,someone despises the Yankees.Clap

I'm a Baltimore resident and lifelong Orioles fan,we don't care for Yankees that much around these parts.Angry

-------------

Date Posted: May 23 2013 at 09:59
Dream theater are like the Yankees. Everyone tries to hate them because they are the best More years than not. (historically speaking.)

-------------

Date Posted: May 30 2013 at 21:15
The Tigers and Pirates are 0 - 0 in extra innings for the second time this week.  The Tigers have left a ton on base today. 

-------------

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: May 30 2013 at 22:19
The Tigers are damn infuriating. They have a combined salary greater than many small countries' GDP and they can't score a run? Excellent shutout perfomances by Porcello and Fister and not a single run? Eleven men left on base? WTF!

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Date Posted: May 31 2013 at 18:23
Go jays!!! Come on Joey bats!!! Yeeeeah!!

-------------

Date Posted: May 31 2013 at 22:08
Just got back from that O's/Tigers game at Camden Yards,Scott.Hell of a 9th inning,why the Tigers still use Valverde as a closer is a mystery to me.

-------------

Date Posted: May 31 2013 at 22:53
My Dodgers are driving me NUTS, NUTS, NUTS!

-------------

Date Posted: June 01 2013 at 07:49
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Just got back from that O's/Tigers game at Camden Yards,Scott.Hell of a 9th inning,why the Tigers still use Valverde as a closer is a mystery to me.
Leyland is enamored with him. 

-------------

Date Posted: June 02 2013 at 02:16
Jays lost a a tough one in San Diego this week. 17 innings!! Man. This road trip is gonna kill the jays.

-------------

Date Posted: June 02 2013 at 06:53
Tigers beat the Orioles 10 -3 yesterday with 5 home runs.  And the best part was that they didn't need to use Valverde since there was no save situation.

-------------

Posted By: VOTOMS
Date Posted: June 02 2013 at 09:38
GO TIGERS!!!!! Party

Date Posted: June 02 2013 at 13:44

Tigers beat the Orioles 10 -3 yesterday with 5 home runs.  And the best part was that they didn't need to use Valverde since there was no save situation.

Yep....kicked our asses in that one.

Watching the 3rd game in the series now,hope our top pitching prospect Gausman doesn't give up as many homers as he did in his debut.

-------------

Date Posted: June 02 2013 at 13:45
Right after I typed that Fielder homers!!!!

Angry

-------------

Date Posted: June 02 2013 at 13:57
Pitching prospects with 11.00+ ERAs coming into a game generally give the Tigers fits.  Heck, any pitcher with a high ERA coming into a game is generally going to shut down the Tigers' offense.

-------------

Date Posted: June 02 2013 at 14:20
He's young and raw.He has good control and velocity,just needs to stop throwing those straight down the middle fastballs in certain situations.

-------------

Date Posted: June 02 2013 at 14:56
The Tigers go to the bullpen with only a 1 run lead.  I'm pretty certain that the Orioles can now mark this game in the win column.

-------------

Date Posted: June 06 2013 at 08:40
The Tigers played their 3rd game in a week that went 0 to 0 into the 9th inning (the first two went 0 to 0 into the 11th inning) and they have lost all 3 games. It is the 6th time that the vaunted Tigers' offense has been shutout this year, after having only been shutout two times last year.

I am pretty comfortable that they will make the playoffs this year since the rest of the Central Division is quite weak, but I am disappointed that the Tigers seem to totally lack clutch hitting this year. Basically, if the teams are tied or the other team has a lead against the Tigers in the 6th inning or later, you can pretty much put the game in the win column for the other team.

-------------

Date Posted: June 06 2013 at 08:42
James Hetfield was shown at the Tigers' game last night. Metallica are in town this weekend for the 2-day Orion Festival.

-------------

Date Posted: June 06 2013 at 20:00
^ you gonna go?

-------------

Date Posted: June 06 2013 at 20:00
Oh and jays suck. Getting worried now. :(

-------------

Date Posted: June 11 2013 at 15:13
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

^ you gonna go?
Nope. I didn't go. 20 years ago I would have probably been there, but nowadays that didn't really seem like something that I wanted to deal with.

-------------

Date Posted: June 11 2013 at 17:57
I don't blame you. ^

Now when are my Jays gonna go on a 10 game winning streak!? Anyway. We really need Jose Reyes in the Line up.

R.A Dickey needs to pick up man! Everyone that comes to Toronto ends up sucking hard, except Roger Clemens. Man...he was awesome.

-------------

Posted By: Equality 7-2521
Date Posted: June 11 2013 at 17:59
Um. Jose Bautista maybe?

-------------
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "

Date Posted: June 12 2013 at 16:20
Jose Valverde blows another one as Verlander gets to say bye-bye to win number 9. 2-0 lead with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and an 0 ball and 2 strike count, and Valverde gives up a 2-run home run to Lorenzo Cain. That is now 5 home runs in his last 6 appearances.

-------------

Date Posted: June 12 2013 at 16:37
And not surprising, the Tigers put this one in the loss column. You're welcome Kansas City.

-------------

Date Posted: June 12 2013 at 16:52
No way, Jose.

-------------

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: June 12 2013 at 16:53
Way.

-------------

Date Posted: June 12 2013 at 16:54
Atlanta's riding a pretty nice wave at the moment.  Backup catcher Evan Gattis is doing some pretty amazing things.  In pinch hit appearances this season, he is 6 for 8 with 4 home runs and a double.  

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: June 12 2013 at 16:56
Tiger catcher Alex Avila has been horrible. There have been rumors of the Tigers being interested in making a trade for Brian McCann, seeing as how well Evan Gattis is playing, and I believe that McCann can be a free agent next year.

-------------

Date Posted: June 12 2013 at 17:00
That could be interesting.  McCann's a solid player, one of the more visible Braves players over the past few years, but I wouldn't be too sad if he left.

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: The Truth
Date Posted: June 15 2013 at 13:29
If the Royals win today they'll be back to .500

I'd be happy with that. They look so much improved from last season I can't help but be happy.

-------------
http://blindpoetrecords.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: June 17 2013 at 15:43
Jays are finally starting to bring it...god can they please crack Boston's spirit.
sh*t. How about that Big-popi Ortiz dude. sh*t. That guy can hit.

-------------

Posted By: jude111
Date Posted: June 17 2013 at 15:52

Jays are finally starting to bring it...god can they please crack Boston's spirit.

My mighty O's took 3 of 4 against the Red Sox. After enduring decades in the cellar, it's about time the O's got back to their former glory.

Date Posted: June 17 2013 at 16:22
Adam Lind of the Jays is in its zone, he can hit a golf ball!

-------------

Emile M. Cioran

Date Posted: June 17 2013 at 16:31
^ it's nice to watch. If Lind keeps this up all season long he could make Mickey mantle look like a putz...well...maybe not. Close though. :)

-------------

Date Posted: June 17 2013 at 19:12
Originally posted by jude111 jude111 wrote:

My mighty O's took 3 of 4 against the Red Sox. After enduring decades in the cellar, it's about time the O's got back to their former glory.

The palmero, ripkin and Anderson days.

Man. They had a good team in the late 90's. Remember when Anderson had that 52 Homerun year? Amazing. Think it was 1997-1998

-------------

Date Posted: June 17 2013 at 20:10

Man. They had a good team in the late 90's. Remember when Anderson had that 52 Homerun year? Amazing. Think it was 1997-1998

Yeah, the best team money could buy, unfortunately. They were trying to be like the Yankees, buying players like Palmeiro, Alomar (one of the greatest players I've ever seen play, though), Bobby Bonilla; they even had Albert Belle for a few years. They love Ripken in Baltimore, but they were a last place team for much of his career... (It wasn't his fault, I guess...) 

I prefer the old Orioles way, when the talent was mostly homegrown: Jim Palmer, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Mike Cuellar, Dave McNally, Boog Powell, Al Bumbry, Paul Blair. The late 60s-70s teams. The Orioles were in the World Series in 1966, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1979, and 1983. They won the AL East in 1973 and 1974 (the A's beat them in the playoffs both years). There were other years during this time when they were in 2nd place: 1968, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1980, 1981 (2 games out of first place), 1982 (one game out of 1st place). It was a great time to be a child, although I came late, just as they were passing, and the 80s O's came up (Eddie Murray, Mussina, Ripken, Flanagan, etc.), which didn't seem to fulfill their promise as the 80s wore on...

I like the team they've had the past couple of years, with new younger homegrown players, and cast-offs finding a home there.

Date Posted: June 17 2013 at 20:42

That's

Yeah, the best team money could buy, unfortunately. They were trying to be like the Yankees, buying players like Palmeiro, Alomar (one of the greatest players I've ever seen play, though), Bobby Bonilla; they even had Albert Belle for a few years. <span style="line-height: 1.2;">They love Ripken in Baltimore, but they were a last place team for much of his career... (It wasn't his fault, I guess...)</span><span style="line-height: 1.2;"> </span>
I prefer the old Orioles way, when the talent was mostly homegrown: Jim Palmer, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Mike Cuellar, Dave McNally, Boog Powell, Al Bumbry, Paul Blair. The late 60s-70s teams. The Orioles were in the World Series in 1966, <span style="line-height: 1.2;">19</span><span style="line-height: 1.2;">69, </span><span style="line-height: 1.2;">19</span><span style="line-height: 1.2;">70, </span><span style="line-height: 1.2;">19</span><span style="line-height: 1.2;">71, </span><span style="line-height: 1.2;">19</span><span style="line-height: 1.2;">79, and </span><span style="line-height: 1.2;">19</span><span style="line-height: 1.2;">83. They won the AL East in 1973 and 1974 (the A's beat them in the playoffs both years). There were other years during this time when they were in 2nd place: 1968, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1980, 1981 (2 games out of first place), 1982 (one game out of 1st place). It was a great time to be a child, although I came late, just as they were passing, and the 80s O's came up (Eddie Murray, Mussina, Ripken, Flanagan, etc.), which didn't seem to fulfill their promise as the 80s wore on...</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.2;"></span>
<span style="line-height: 1.2;">I like the team they've had the past couple of years, with new younger homegrown players, and cast-offs finding a home there.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.2;"></span>

That's right. It was an expensive team. Oh man, Magic Mike Mussina! He was great and it is a real shame that the O's didn't have better years in the 80's with cal around. Definitely not his fault. He goddam iron man...literally!

-------------

Date Posted: June 17 2013 at 20:48

That's right. It was an expensive team. Oh man, Magic Mike Mussina! He was great and it is a real shame that the O's didn't have better years in the 80's with cal around. Definitely not his fault. He goddam iron man...literally!

Orioles' fans consider the ("Damn") Yankees as their hated rivals, so when Mussina went to the Yankees (as Reggie Jackson did, after spending one year with the Orioles and promising he'd spend his career there), he became a 'persona non grata' for Marylanders, haha. (To be fair though, Jackson belonged in the Big Lights of NY :-)

Date Posted: June 17 2013 at 23:32

Orioles' fans consider the ("Damn") Yankees as their hated rivals, so when Mussina went to the Yankees (as Reggie Jackson did, after spending one year with the Orioles and promising he'd spend his career there), he became a 'persona non grata' for Marylanders, haha. (To be fair though, Jackson belonged in the Big Lights of NY :-)

Yup. Magic mike turned into INVISABLE mike when he dawned the pin stripes.

Anyway. Predictions for this 2013 season. I think the red socks are gonna win it all.
Jay's were the favourites on paper this year to start the season. Yikes!

-------------

Date Posted: June 17 2013 at 23:40
Also. Next weds(26th) will be my first baseball game in one year since my tragic motorcycle accident.
I'm so grateful to play the game again. My shoulder, which I broke, is finally feeling up to the task.

Wish me luck my fellow proggers!

Now. For those of you who play baseball. Here is a fun game.
What song would you liked to be played when you go up to bat?

I think I Honor Thy Father has a nice fast-pumped up intro that could work for me.
I'd have to give it more thought. :)

I remember Joe Carter had 'space jam' when he returned to Toronto in 1997. Lol

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk