Proggers not interested in vinyl.

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Other music related lounges
Forum Name: General Music Discussions
Forum Description: Discuss and create polls about all types of music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94274
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 12:21
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Proggers not interested in vinyl.
Posted By: Knobby
Subject: Proggers not interested in vinyl.
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 17:50
Compared to psychers.

Issit because proggers are likely to be nerds?

Replies:
Posted By: The Mystical
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 17:58
I am a vinyl collector, but often it is too expensive to buy something that you want on vinyl.

-------------
I am currently digging:

Hawkwind, Rare Bird, Gong, Tangerine Dream, Khan, Iron Butterfly, and all things canterbury and hard-psych. I also love jazz!

Please drop me a message with album suggestions.

Posted By: thellama73
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 18:02
Vinyl is fun to have and it looks nice in a collection, but for me it is too much of a hassle to actually listen to, plus the fact that the needle gradually destroys your collection.

I am also one of those odd ducks that tends to prefer the sound quality of CDs anyway.

-------------

Posted By: progbethyname
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 18:04
^ yup. It's what I've sort of related to as well...the cost!

I've spent a lot of money on digital audio equipment and I've always said that I'd like to hear the other side of what Analogue has to offer. Certainly, good record player and tube amps are expensive and so are vinyl records themselves.
It's something I will have to experience later on in life. However, I know having basic audio equipment for vinyl just doesn't cut it. Sounds aweful.

-------------
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣

Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 18:10
I like a good combination of CD's and vinyl. I go for LP if the cover in particular looks amazing on the larger format. There's also a kind of romantic nostalgia I have for that format, but sadly with my vinyl setup falling apart, I've cut down on them in favour of CD's. I've started to notice that my LP's are essentially becoming purely decorative because I can't play them properly.

I think I've bought the least amount of LP's this year more than any other. No shortage of massive wallet-crippling CD purchases though....

Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 18:15
This thread not about vinyl VS cd sound, wotever.

Its about proggers being nerds , more likely to be employed  on some IT team and nerds are not interested in nostalgia.

Old hippies - psychers - are.

Posted By: The Bearded Bard
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 18:20
That's settled then! Proggers are nerds and not interested in nostalgia. [/thread]

-------------

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 18:28
Cost is somewhat irrelevant. You just need to know where to look.

In Guildford on Saturday I could have bought Time And A Word on vinyl for £2 (two quid) but I already have a copy - the cover was tatty as buggery, but the disc was immaculate. I probably could have found other gems in the store that I would have parted with the cash for, but the incessant whine of the ***** behind the counter yakking on about rare jazz & blues albums drove me from the shop in search of human life forms and a nice cup of tea.

Later I went to HMV and bought Korpiklaani's Ukon Wacka for £3.99 and the second Lunatic Soul album for £5.99. Both on CD and both cheaper than a download from iToons.

Generally I don't buy vinyl anymore - the quality isn't all it's cracked up to be by the audiophilists and it's inconvenient, but I will treasure my old vinyl collection for nostalgic sentimental value, just not that keen on adding to it any time soon.

-------------
What?

Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 18:33
Originally posted by Knobby Knobby wrote:

This thread not about vinyl VS cd sound, wotever.

Its about proggers being nerds , more likely to be employed on some IT team and nerds are not interested in nostalgia.

Wow...what a moronic generalisation.

Also, your original title of this thread :

Proggers not interested in vinyl.

As a statement - ignorant.

As a question - I can assure you, there's endless members here, including my good friend Tom Ozric - who ONLY buy vinyl. To them, that's part of the deal that comes with Prog music.

Not sure if you're aware, but nowadays we're currently seeing a big comeback of the vinyl format, and there's more Prog albums than ever being released on this fomat, at least compared to the last several years. There must be a demand and interest in them, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing them.

Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 18:35
I think I know who the true nerd is on this thread.
'a pwog masterman' is the nerd. Vinyl or no vinyl.

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 18:44
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Cost is somewhat irrelevant. You just need to know where to look.

Later I went to HMV and bought Korpiklaani's Ukon Wacka for £3.99 and the second Lunatic Soul album for £5.99. Both on CD and both cheaper than a download from iToons.

How is it people are finding so much cool stuff at HMV??? Ok. HMV Canada must be different cause it caries 90% pop and other commercial related music. So little prog exists in that store chain. Your a lucky guy Dean.
Hope you enjoyed that tea. :)

-------------

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 18:51
I do not care for vinyl, mostly because it's of no use to me.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 19:29
Passive-aggressive threads are fun.

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 19:43
^ they are, but only to a certain extent. There is funny ignorance and then there is annoying ignorance.
Personally, I tend to get a bit frustrated with arseholeness. Lol

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 20:04
Right now Knobs be watching a Glascow murder-mystery series called "Taggert". (Yes, that is Taggert with a "T".) Beginning of the story a man found "murthered" in his flat. First thing the detective does is go to the cd collection. The assistant asks what's he about going to the cds. detective answers: "Victimology. You can tell lots about a person by their musical taste."

Point being, if he discovered a pwog collection there he would inform his assistant, "'  'pooter nerd. Check it out. Breaking the password gonna be a bitch."

Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 20:08

Right now Knobs be watching a Glascow murder-mystery series called "Taggert". (Yes, that is Taggert with a "T".) Beginning of the story a man found "murthered" in his flat. First thing the detective does is go to the cd collection. The assistant asks what's he about going to the cds. detective answers: "Victimology. You can tell lots about a person by their musical taste."

Point being, if he discovered a pwog collection there he would inform his assistant, "'  'pooter nerd. Check it out. Breaking the password gonna be a bitch."

Well now that is actually quite funny.
Thanks for that.

-------------

Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 20:34
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

^ they are, but only to a certain extent. There is funny ignorance and then there is annoying ignorance.
Personally, I tend to get a bit frustrated with arseholeness. Lol
I guess I hid my sarcasm too much.  I agree fully.

-------------

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 22:22
I love vinyl and enjoy prog.........neither one of those makes me a nerd

-------------

Posted By: Ambient Hurricanes
Date Posted: June 30 2013 at 22:27
Maybe some of us are 18 year old college students who like vinyl but do not have the money to go out and collect a bunch of records.  Just maybe.

Also, maybe some of us are happy with their CD's or whatever and don't appreciate being mocked for not taking a greater interest in what you happen to be interested in.

-------------
I love dogs, I've always loved dogs

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 00:56
Originally posted by Ambient Hurricanes Ambient Hurricanes wrote:

Maybe some of us are 18 year old college students who like vinyl but do not have the money to go out and collect a bunch of records.  Just maybe.Also, maybe some of us are happy with their CD's or whatever and don't appreciate being mocked for not taking a greater interest in what you happen to be interested in.

My brother got after me today about why I still buy music and not download. Long story short, at the end of our conversation I he wanted to go to the record store and by some albums.

Yes. I converted my own blood to do the right thing.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 05:28

Maybe some of us are 18 year old college students who like vinyl but do not have the money to go out and collect a bunch of records.  Just maybe.Also, maybe some of us are happy with their CD's or whatever and don't appreciate being mocked for not taking a greater interest in what you happen to be interested in.

My brother got after me today about why I still buy music and not download. Long story short, at the end of our conversation I he wanted to go to the record store and by some albums.

Amen, brother...To me, whether it's vinyl or CD, I simply like to own something PHYSICAL for my money. I'm not much of a data hoarder, and I like to look over the CD booklets or LP sleeves too much!

It's the same for me as a 20+ year comic book collector...there's a big move with them being made on the digital mediums, and believe me, they simply POP on those tablet screens, but it's not the same thing as me having a physical copy to treasure forever.

I don't know how old your brother is, but I guess lots of younger people don't have that thrill of going into a store and discovering some elusive or unexpected musical surprise! I still remember buying a CD and having to wait until school finished, or getting home on the bus to anxiously listen to it!

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 06:48

It's "Taggart" and you have to roll your R's when you say "there's been a murrrderrrr".

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 07:27
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

I still remember buying a CD and having to wait until school finished, or getting home on the bus to anxiously listen to it!
Grand old days, wot?

I CALL   JUNIOR.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 07:39
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

[
It's "Taggart" and you have to roll your R's when you say "there's been a murrrderrrr".
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/troll12.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 07:40

I still remember buying a CD and having to wait until school finished, or getting home on the bus to anxiously listen to it!
Grand old days, wot?

I CALL   JUNIOR.
Oh, well done. Have a badge:

-------------
What?

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 07:42

[
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/troll12.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/Brainssh*thead.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 07:46

[
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/Brainssh*thead.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/lamarsh*tnerd.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 07:50
Ermm ...this could take a while...

-------------
What?

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 07:53
Junior....please...

I've been into prog for twenty years, feel like I'm old hat already, and I sure don't have this mentally damaged, moronic, distorted reality view of prog and their fans.

You think you're so much better than the rest of us, mister PWOG MASTERMAN....?

Yeah, what's it got you...nothing but a bunch of good reasonable people thinking you're an idiot....who'd actually feel sorry for you if you weren't such a delusional accusing prick.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 08:00

Grand old days, wot?

I CALL   JUNIOR.
Oh, well done. Have a badge:

http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/114-29.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 08:03
How come "prick" was not censored?

I call  OLD BOY NETWORK!

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 08:05
I was actually surprised by that myself...

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 08:27
Seems like all of the Knobster's threads degenerate into silliness......Wink.

but as far as vinyl I still have all of the old vinyl prog and psych from the old days and bought some used vinyl over the years but when cd's firmly took hold I stopped looking for it. I collected both styles and I have a friend who also collected both styles and vinyl  for many years and he prefers prog  as do I.
IMO it's a matter of age more than nerds or styles.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: Gerinski
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 09:52
I don't know why some of you still waste your time replying to this pathetic guy

Posted By: FLAC
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 09:57
to expensive, the vinyl get's destroyed after some years

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 09:59

How many crates man are you, Gerritonski?

How many cds?
How many live tapes?

We see who has the right/background  to post here, you or I.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:11

Well it's just another word for penis.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:14

Well it's just another word for penis.

They allow PENIS?! Sir, I am outraged!! Just to be sure, I'm going to test a few more - doodle - shlong - dingaling.

I need to protect all the `juniors' lol!

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:15
Proggers (noobs/nerds) are hardcase fixated on "best of" posts.
You dont see that kind of slack on psych forums.

Old Psychers dont get hung up. They puts feets up and let it flow.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:21

Amen, brother...To me, whether it's vinyl or CD, I simply like to own something PHYSICAL for my money. I'm not much of a data hoarder, and I like to look over the CD booklets or LP sleeves too much!

It's the same for me as a 20+ year comic book collector...there's a big move with them being made on the digital mediums, and believe me, they simply POP on those tablet screens, but it's not the same thing as me having a physical copy to treasure forever.

I don't know how old your brother is, but I guess lots of younger people don't have that thrill of going into a store and discovering some elusive or unexpected musical surprise! I still remember buying a CD and having to wait until school finished, or getting home on the bus to anxiously listen to it!

Yeah, but I do understand about the convienant factor that I pods can bring!
Personally I love them. I've got 3 myself loaded with prog! lol.
The thing is though, a lot of mp3 music files are far too compressed, so I much prefer CDs lossless audio quality format especially for my HD digital equipment. I pods do serve their purpose for portability and accessability. Boy, I remember when I carried around a CD player in my pocket of my jacket in the early to late 90's. That was a drag....especially if you didn't have the anti-skip protection feature. Sony was good for that though. I could shake the hell out of mine and nothing would happen.

Anyway. Let's just drastically go off-topic and ruin knobby's thread. I'm game. I can be a sh*t too. Lol

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:23

Proggers (noobs/nerds) are hardcase fixated on "best of" posts.
You dont see that kind of slack on psych forums.

Old Psychers dont get hung up. They puts feets up and let it flow.
If only there was a Psych Rock forum you could go and play in instead hey?

... or have you been banned from all of them?

-------------
What?

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:25
lol
lol
lol

fyita

http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/img-thing_zps83d96c59.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:26

I can be a sh*t too. Lol

Clearly sh*t is verbatim, too....

This reminds me of that Stallone flick `Demolition Man', in that future society where all swearing is outlawed, bleeped with a siren and issued a fine!   

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:27
Comic book guy:

I gots thousand or so 80s/90s comics in the garage.
Knobs be told that is all basically worthless.

Any 80s/90s comic guff you know that can bring in the sheckles?

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:28

How come "prick" was not censored?

I call  OLD BOY NETWORK!

Ok. You always ask how old everyone is......so how old are you?
If you are over 50 I'm seriously gonna lose it with laughter.

So how many crates of man or you? I you are 10 I might respect you.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:33

I can be a sh*t too. Lol

This reminds me of that Stallone flick `Demolition Man', in that future society where all swearing is outlawed, bleeped with a siren and issued a fine!   

Yup. And Knobby has to put on those special helmets to have a good time even in this present life we live in.
I see it now....home alone pondering vinyl and virtual sex.

Now that's knobbery!

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:35
I yam serious number of crates man - and its not crates of Rush either.

I yam older than me teeths , but younger than me gums.

I yam oldest codger here, moreloikes.

Steve Paikin on TV Ontario wor talking short whiles back how old gits are not getting the respect they deserve from the youth anymore.

Time was an elderly lad could  strut down the mainroad and punks would be trembling in the shadows in fear that the oldster would lift a finger and point them out to the law.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:36

I can be a sh*t too. Lol

Yup. And Knobby has to put on those special helmets to have a good time even in this present life we live in.

Now that's knobbery!

Maybe pondering virtual sex WITH vinyl!

Hey, if you can dream, you can do it!

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:37

I'll take a wild stab inthe dark and say that Wally is over 60 and under 62. Which doesn't make him the olderest old fart here, but he's in an elite club of very few.

-------------
What?

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:40
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

I don't know why some of you still waste your time replying to this pathetic guy

Your right. Curiousity is gonna kill me one day.
By me responding to what he has to say makes me just as childish and stupid. I know I'm resorting to his level, but I've come to terms that my sense of humor sometimes gets the better of me and I end up doing childish things.

Yuk. I think I've just been knobbied.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:41
Who here should I give me respect to, then.

AND DONT CALL ME WALLY!

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:45

Yuk. I think I've just been knobbied.

Uh oh, do I detect a new internet meme?! Or at least a prog meme?!

Make it happen, people!

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:45

I'll take a wild stab inthe dark and say that Wally is over 60 and under 62. Which doesn't make him the olderest old fart here, but he's in an elite club of very few.

Alright. Elite club you say? Ok. This a gotta know and hear.

Geez. Watch'em be part of a space shuttle design team.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:49

I suspect this `elite special club of a very few' has nothing to do with age.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:50

Who here should I give me respect to, then.

AND DONT CALL ME WALLY!

Well you didn't start off on the right foot because you have 2 left feet when you try and enter into an intellectual discussion. You are too crotchety man! You've gotta lighten up and contribute constructively. You can be a moron and say silly things, as we all do here on PA, but you gotta provide a balance.

Can't be knobby all the time. I believe you get kicked off websites for that, and something tells me you've had a few computer screen black listings.

-------------

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:53

[
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/lamarsh*tnerd.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
WTF?
That picture looks nothing like me.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:57
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/29504.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:59
Please post  your lp tradelists here.

(Like I have on more than one occasion.)

Posted By: someone_else
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 11:00

[

WTF?

Not really, I do believe. My guess would be more like this:

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 11:08

I suspect this `elite special club of a very few' has nothing to do with age.

Well I bet he is a real hit in his seniors home residence. Hey knobby! Turn up the wheel of fortune!

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 11:24
Dont laugh.
It just may come to be your misfortune one day to be staring out a Cosy Corners Retirement Home  window watching two chipmunks fornicate.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 11:27
Tune in tomorrow for the next thrilling installment of "Scenes from Wally's Window"...

-------------
What?

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 11:36
Yep.

You should know that Progbemyname is actually my sidekick wot does his best to keep Yours Truely in the limelight here on Progarchioves - which I loikes (not Prog Archives, but being he center of attention.)

If you haven't worked it out yet us two are from the same part of Ontario.

But that could be a ruse as well - Progbethyname could be me olde Yorkshire mate ,Karney on vacation with me here in Leutonia.

You never know. (Untill the Wallacian begins to roll in.)

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 12:07

I can be a sh*t too. Lol

Now that's knobbery!

Maybe pondering virtual sex WITH vinyl!

Hey, if you can dream, you can do it!
That's what the hole is for.

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 12:54

How many crates man are you, Gerritonski?

How many cds?
How many live tapes?

We see who has the right/background  to post here, you or I 
More pathetic at every try, master Wally. Your having 100 times more albums than me won't make me think any less what a pathetic being you seem to be Geek.
Why don't you stay in those old psycher's forums you seem to love so much and let us enjoy our nerdy Prog in peace?

Posted By: CPicard
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 13:04
Come on, isn't it time to ask Knobby if it's an European swallow or an African swallow?

Posted By: The Bearded Bard
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 13:05

You should know that Progbemyname is actually my sidekick wot does his best to keep Yours Truely in the limelight here on Progarchioves - which I loikes (not Prog Archives, but being he center of attention.)
If you don't like PA, why stick around?

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 13:11

[QUOTE=Knobby][QUOTE=Knobby][QUOTE=chopper][

WTF?
Well I guess he posted this because a self-portrait or self-picture would have been too disgusting for all of us Dead
If this is the image he has of us proggers and he thinks he's gonna have fun about it, you know what he deserves being replied = SILENCE!!!

Posted By: The Neck Romancer
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 13:40
So this is what happens when you take too much acid during youth.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:04
Its no tha I doan like Progarchives Forum.
This forum has incredible potential.
There are  100 people looking in on these threads at  most any given time.
That is pretty damn good going in my book.

The question for the hosts/moderators , myself (and mayhaps even YOU) is: where are we taking all this interest/ what manner of people are looking in?

Are the majority total wet-behind-the-ears novices only interested in the Rush/Porcupine Tree/"best of" posts? Or is there something deeper out there in the audience.

Now, Knobs is pretty sure those running this forum think the fan-base is pretty-well NOOB and its well to pander to them (afterall numbers is numbers). But Knobs submits you this: I have been looking in on active users here at the threads that are actually being followed and - moderators/hosts - if you dont realize already ,a surprizing number of "guests" ARE looking into the deeper (and more specific) posts. By surprizing, Knobs wouls say very roughly...say 25%.

So are you gonna build up that 25% interest or just go with the easy noob-flow? THAT is the question.

Posted By: Luna
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:06

Are the majority total wet-behind-the-ears novices only interested in the Rush/Porcupine Tree/"best of" posts? Or is there something deeper out there in the audience.
We're more interested in Yes vs. Genesis posts, thank you very much

-------------
https://aprilmaymarch.bandcamp.com/track/the-badger" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:12

I like having physical copies, and have never illegally downloaded a thing in my life.  I don't collect vinyl though,  Don't have the time or money.  It sounds way better on vinyl, though, and maybe someday I'll be able to get myself a record player and start collecting.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:17
You see here?

Perhaps this 25% "guests" are not interested in the obvious.

They check this place out then LEAVE , but the 25% mark is maintained because of the high traffic here and influx of new interest.
If those initial 25% were given something to eat - what they actually came here hoping to find, they would stay and the place would smarten-up in content , perhaps not exponentially, but it WOULD.

Do you think the average American audience is as trepan-dumb as the TV industry hopes they are or makes them out to be?
No way.

Something like "House" proved it. The audience may not understand 2/3rds of the technical jabber the characters speak,  or that which the alien-like nerd on Big Bang Theory speaks,  but that dont matter - they want to better themselves or at least give the impression they are out to bettering themselves.

What Im suggesting  to those in charge here: consider moving away from the notion that noobism is the way to go. Sure, noobism is SAFE...but ....fox being safe.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:20
The first thing Knobs would do is segregate.
Create a noobs corner: discussion of the cornerstone bands area and all that.

AND PUT IN SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LIST.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:21
OCCUPY PROGARCHIVES!  WE ARE THE 25%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wink

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:22
Henry Plainview for admin 2012

-------------

Yes, of course, separate but equal.

-------------

Originally posted by SolarLuna96 SolarLuna96 wrote:

Is he still around?

-------------

Is he still around?
In our hearts and minds

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:24

Is he still around?
In our hearts and minds

I came here too late to get to know him, I guess, but I remember his unique personality.

I support Walter to be the assistant admin to Henry Plainview.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:30
You know wot?

Pink Floyd vs Porkupine tree.

Knobs say:

FOX         Pink Floyd vs Porkupine Tree

Posted By: The Neck Romancer
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:52

mental disorder or psychiatric disorder is a  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology" rel="nofollow - psychological  pattern or  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abnormality_%28behavior%29" rel="nofollow - anomaly , potentially reflected in  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavior" rel="nofollow - behavior , that is generally associated with  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffering" rel="nofollow - distress  or  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disability" rel="nofollow - disability , and which is not considered part of  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normality_%28behaviour%29" rel="nofollow - normal   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmental_psychology" rel="nofollow - development  in a person's  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture" rel="nofollow - culture . Mental disorders are generally defined by a combination of how a person  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affective" rel="nofollow - feels ,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral" rel="nofollow - acts ,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive" rel="nofollow - thinks  or  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perceptual" rel="nofollow - perceives . This may be associated with particular regions or functions of the  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_brain" rel="nofollow - brain  or rest of the  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nervous_system" rel="nofollow - nervous system , often in a  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society" rel="nofollow - social context . The recognition and understanding of  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health" rel="nofollow - mental health conditions have changed over time and across cultures and there are still variations in definition, assessment and  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classification_of_mental_disorders" rel="nofollow - classification , although standard guideline criteria are widely used. In many cases, there appears to be a  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_%28theory%29" rel="nofollow - continuum  between mental health and mental illness, making diagnosis complex. According to the  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Health_Organisation" rel="nofollow - World Health Organisation  (WHO), over a third of people in most countries report problems at some time in their life which meet criteria for diagnosis of one or more of the common types of mental disorder.

The  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_mental_disorders" rel="nofollow - causes of mental disorders  are varied and in some cases unclear, and theories may incorporate findings from a range of fields. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Services_for_mental_disorders" rel="nofollow - Services  are based in  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychiatric_hospitals" rel="nofollow - psychiatric hospitals  or in the  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_mental_health_services" rel="nofollow - community , and assessments are carried out by  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychiatrists" rel="nofollow - psychiatrists ,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_psychologists" rel="nofollow - clinical psychologists  and  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_work" rel="nofollow - clinical social workers , using various methods but often relying on observation and questioning. Clinical treatments are provided by various  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health_professionals" rel="nofollow - mental health professionals .  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychotherapy" rel="nofollow - Psychotherapy  and  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychiatric_medication" rel="nofollow - psychiatric medication  are two major treatment options, as are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_work" rel="nofollow - social  interventions,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer_support" rel="nofollow - peer support  and  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-help" rel="nofollow - self-help . In a minority of cases there might be  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involuntary_commitment" rel="nofollow - involuntary detention  or  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involuntary_treatment" rel="nofollow - involuntary treatment , where legislation allows.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_stigma" rel="nofollow - Stigma  and  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mentalism_%28discrimination%29" rel="nofollow - discrimination  can add to the suffering and disability associated with mental disorders (or with being diagnosed or judged as having a mental disorder), leading to various  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_movements" rel="nofollow - social movements  attempting to increase understanding and challenge  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_exclusion" rel="nofollow - social exclusion . Prevention is now appearing in some mental health strategies.

-------------

Posted By: NotAProghead
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:53
Good trolling, Knobby! Clap

All your posts are a bit idiotic, but they attract people (I don't know why).

Keep on PWOGGIN'. Rock til ya drop.

-------------
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)

Posted By: silverpot
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 14:59
This thread is very entertaining, that's for sure. Keep up the good job everybody. Clap LOL 

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 15:39
Eat vinyl, it's good for your health.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 16:22

You see here?

Perhaps this 25% "guests" are not interested in the obvious.

They check this place out then LEAVE , but the 25% mark is maintained because of the high traffic here and influx of new interest.
If those initial 25% were given something to eat - what they actually came here hoping to find, they would stay and the place would smarten-up in content , perhaps not exponentially, but it WOULD.

Do you think the average American audience is as trepan-dumb as the TV industry hopes they are or makes them out to be?
No way.

Something like "House" proved it. The audience may not understand 2/3rds of the technical jabber the characters speak,  or that which the alien-like nerd on Big Bang Theory speaks,  but that dont matter - they want to better themselves or at least give the impression they are out to bettering themselves.

What Im suggesting  to those in charge here: consider moving away from the notion that noobism is the way to go. Sure, noobism is SAFE...but ....fox being safe.

I may have pointed this out before and if I have then this will stand as a reminder, you are in no position to make make demands.

May I recommend you go and find another Prog forum that you may find more to your liking than this one, I understand Prog Ears is quite accomodating.

-------------
What?

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 17:05
You know Dean, Knobs is trying to  give opinion on how to better this forum and here you are  with the bum's rush for a PWOG MASTERMAN.

You do realize there are precious few of us, don't you?

Is there no place in the grand scheme of things for a prog masterman?

For a prog masterman, is He not like the grandeur of Canada's landscape, the  sense of vastness?

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 17:16

You know Knobs is trying to give onion on how to butter this forum with bums. Rush are PWOG MASTERMEN.

You do realize there is no place like Grandanada.

Also, I'm wasted.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 17:44
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/imagesCAA7OVTG.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 17:52

You know Dean, Knobs is trying to  give opinion on how to better this forum and here you are  with the bum's rush for a PWOG MASTERMAN.

For a prog masterman, is He not like the grandeur of Canada's landscape, the  sense of vastness?

why did you capitalize the "h" above?

-------------

Posted By: Sheavy
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 18:08
It's best to just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQU22Ttpwc

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 19:13
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/tumblr_m0s5541nCD1qbt92zo1_500_zps9d23ca2e.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
Still waiting to see a lp tradelist.

Not a one?

Oh monsieur! Not a single whaaaaffer?

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 19:27

Your level of self-importance has become tiresome and your opinions loses their value with every utterance you make, therefore I see the place for you on this forum shrinking by the day. As person who has been banned from this site on several occasions you have been permitted to remain here out of the kindness of my cold black heart while I decide whether you are too high maintenace to be allowed to stay.

http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/tumblr_m0s5541nCD1qbt92zo1_500_zps9d23ca2e.jpg.html" rel="nofollow -
Still waiting to see a lp tradelist.

Not a one?

Oh monsieur! Not a single whaaaaffer?
Albums are for listening to, not for making money off.

This is not eBay, Craiglist or Gumtree. We don't trade here.

-------------
What?

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 21:21
Knobs dont want to trade.

Knobs had a point to make with this thread  and has proven himself correct.

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 21:36

Knobs dont want to trade.

Knobs had a point to make with this thread  and has proven himself correct.

Congratulations Smile

-------------

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 21:37
With the advent of CD technology in the 80s, I packed my vinyl collection away in several large, unwieldy boxes, which I have been dragging from house to house through the years. The only thing I miss about them are the covers, which are far better than the tiny pamphlets shoved in CD jewel cases. The small format does not do the art justice.

So, no, I am not interested in vinyl. CDs work fine, and they are much easier to listen to in the car than vinyl.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Posted By: DamoXt7942
Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 21:53

Is he still around?
In our hearts and minds
Clap Well said.

Anyway, GREAT THREAD. Cool

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/damoxt7942" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 22:14
^The only thing that could make it better is if he started adding "my prechissssssss" to his posts.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 22:34
http://s151.photobucket.com/user/baggra/media/Bitco/psych/my-precious-gollum.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: July 01 2013 at 22:40

LOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk