Print Page | Close Window

Cruise To The Edge 2014, April 7 - 12

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
Forum Description: Announce (shows, dates and more) and discuss progressive events and bands touring (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94571
Printed Date: April 29 2024 at 07:57
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Cruise To The Edge 2014, April 7 - 12
Posted By: Gooner
Subject: Cruise To The Edge 2014, April 7 - 12
Date Posted: July 24 2013 at 09:41
Cruise To The Edge 2014
http://www.cruisetotheedge.com" rel="nofollow - April 7 - April 12, 2014
Miami, Cozumel, Honduras

Yes
Marillion

Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited

UK

SAGA
Queensrÿche
Strawbs
Tangerine Dream
PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi)
Renaissance

Patrick Moraz

Stick Men (Tony Levin)

Soft Machine Legacy

THREE FRIENDS (former members of Gentle Giant)
Lifesigns

Sound Of Contact
Moon Safari
IO Earth
Electric Asturius
PINEAPPLE THIEF
The Prog Rock Orchestra
Scale The Summit
Heavy Mellow
Cheap Thrill
Roger Dean - "The Art Of Roger Dean"
Presto Ballet
Pamela Moore ("Mary" from Operation Mindcrime)

Hosted by John Kirkman

April 7 - April 12, 2014 
Miami, Cozumel, Honduras

Replies:
Posted By: floydgenesis1313
Date Posted: July 24 2013 at 12:24
Sounds awesome!

Too bad they won't come to Costa Rica Unhappy

-------------
Things are fine odd. But we all like it even.-T.Smith

Posted By: Wanorak
Date Posted: July 24 2013 at 12:25
Wow, great line-up!!

-------------
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!

Posted By: Mormegil
Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 06:44
Holy smokes, what a line-up!!

-------------
Welcome to the middle of the film.

Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 21:55
Apparently...more big surprises in the next few days.  I'm thinking Camel, The Musical Box, Lifesigns, Sanguine Hum or Barclay James Harvest...maybe even Bolus (fresh off of RosFest)...or maybe Deep Purple (wishful thinking).  LOL

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 01:35
If won the lottery I would do it. I was lucky enough to go on a Scandanavian cruise for my 50th .. fully paid by my parents

Date Posted: August 01 2013 at 21:40
New announcements. 

LIFESIGNS has been added!

PRESTO BALLET has been added!

THREE FRIENDS - "The Music of Gentle Giant" has been added!

STRAWBS has been added!

Posted By: Alucard
Date Posted: August 02 2013 at 02:52

I just read through two articles from last years cruising trip, the second one quite funny from a not-happy-non-prog-fan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22098778" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22098778

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22098778" rel="nofollow - http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=217797" rel="nofollow -

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=217797" rel="nofollow - "Very hairy old rockers gawked at the teenage girls and the pot smoking aboard was very evident."LOL (sounds like Aqualung was aboard)

-------------
Tadpoles keep screaming in my ear
"Hey there! Rotter's Club!
Explain the meaning of this song and share it"

Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: August 02 2013 at 05:47
Marillion has been added

Posted By: anesthesized
Date Posted: August 02 2013 at 13:23
Trying to afford either this or Prognation at sea cruise. No way I can do both without winning the powerball. It was a relatively easy decision (based on cost only) until now. With the new additions suddenly the extra $300 or so for this cruise doesn't seem like so much.

Posted By: Moogtron III
Date Posted: August 02 2013 at 14:21
Incredible, what a line up! Wacko

Posted By: infocat
Date Posted: August 02 2013 at 23:53
Wow!  About twice as many bands as last time.  Both good and bad, perhaps.  On the first one there generally was not more than one performance at the same time, so you could see them all.  Of course each band played more than once.  So maybe it will work out.

-------------
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.

Date Posted: August 08 2013 at 13:04
More bands to be announced in the coming days.  Unbelievable!  I thought they`d already blown their powder...but apparently not.  This should be good. Headbanger

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: August 08 2013 at 17:04
I am hearing that there is some pre-booking going on at Yes shows, CTTE agents are at shows talking it up. This will sell out very fast as most will be repeat cruisers from last year.
The FB page is full of people waiting to sign up.......If you just need a deposit for now maybe I will do it. But getting from Seattle to Miami is expensive enough as it is to catch the boat.....althought he MSC Divina is pretty amazing boat!

-------------

Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 21:15
You ain't seen nothing yet!!!  ClapStarThumbs Up

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 15:29
Patrick Moraz has just been added!

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 16:20
Pamela Moore ("Mary" from Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime) has been added!

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 16:56
Soft Machine Legacy has been added!

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 17:14
PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi) has been added!

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 17:30
Stick Men have been announced! 

Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 01:55
I am now officially deeply envious of anyone that gets to go on this cruise

Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 15:15
Pineapple Thief has been added.

Posted By: The.Crimson.King
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 23:52
Originally posted by Gooner Gooner wrote:

Patrick Moraz has just been added!

I don't think even a cruise ship is big enough to hold both Yes and Moraz Ouch

-------------
https://wytchcrypt.wixsite.com/mutiny-in-jonestown" rel="nofollow - Mutiny in Jonestown : Progressive Rock Since 1987

Posted By: infocat
Date Posted: August 23 2013 at 00:57
How is this ship going to stay afloat with all of these bands?!

Seriously, on the surface it looks great to have so many bands, but will you be able to see all of the shows you want to?  Hard to believe.

-------------
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.

Date Posted: August 23 2013 at 07:51
Out of the 20+ bands...there's only 10-12...I'd really like to see...considering I've seen Yes 6 times - they're not a priority(and neither are some of the other biggies listed there).  I'm more interested in the newcomers.  So, I'd imagine you'd have to maybe prioritize what you want to see.  They've been doing this a long time...so I'm sure it'll work out.

Date Posted: August 23 2013 at 09:11
Bands will also be playing twice...so since a broken clock is right twice a day...you get the picture.  Smile

Posted By: geneyesontle
Date Posted: August 23 2013 at 10:41
I wish I could go to this cruise. But I have school.

-------------
Poseidon wants to Acquire the Taste of the Fragile Lamb
- Derek Adrian Gabriel Anderson, singer of the band Geneyesontle

Posted By: DanthraX
Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 19:44
What sorcery is this?

-------------
I look up, I'm almost blinded

by the warmth of what's inside me

and the taste that's in my soul,

but I'm dead inside as I stand alone...

Posted By: Blart
Date Posted: September 19 2013 at 00:36
Not much more expensive than a regular cruise of similar duration!  Now if only my wife were a prog fan...

-------------
Bassist with G2R.ca

Posted By: Chris S
Date Posted: September 19 2013 at 00:51
Great concert, sadly only the elite will make it or those nuts enough to beg, borrow and steal from their bank

-------------
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]

Posted By: TradingProgUK
Date Posted: September 23 2013 at 06:16
TO CONFIRM - ROGER DEAN WILL BE ATTENDING AND MANNING SEVERAL STANDS HOSTED BY HIS OFFICIAL WORLDWIDE DISTRIBUTORS: TRADING BOUNDARIES UK.

THE STANDS WILL FEATURE NEVER BEFORE SEEN ARTWORK, UNRELEASED ALBUM COVERS FROM THE YES, ASIA & URIAH HEAP YEARS, ORIGINAL PAINTINGS & SIGNED PRINTS.

ROGER HAS WORKED AND DESIGNED FOR INFLUENTIAL ARTISTS/BANDS SUCH AS:

YES
ASIA
URIAH HEAP
FOCUS (X)
GENTLE GIANT
NIGHTWING
STEVE HOWE
VERMILLION
RICK WAKEMAN
& THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

WWW.TRADINGBOUNDARIES.COM

HAVE THE CHANCE TO MEET ROGER AND ENJOY NEVER BEFORE SEEN ARTWORK ON THE CRUISE TO THE EDGE

Date Posted: September 24 2013 at 01:55
Originally posted by TradingProgUK TradingProgUK wrote:

TO CONFIRM - ROGER DEAN WILL BE ATTENDING AND MANNING SEVERAL STANDS HOSTED BY HIS OFFICIAL WORLDWIDE DISTRIBUTORS: TRADING BOUNDARIES UK.

THE STANDS WILL FEATURE NEVER BEFORE SEEN ARTWORK, UNRELEASED ALBUM COVERS FROM THE YES, ASIA & URIAH HEAP YEARS, ORIGINAL PAINTINGS & SIGNED PRINTS.

ROGER HAS WORKED AND DESIGNED FOR INFLUENTIAL ARTISTS/BANDS SUCH AS:

YES
ASIA
URIAH HEAP
FOCUS (X)
GENTLE GIANT
NIGHTWING
STEVE HOWE
VERMILLION
RICK WAKEMAN
& THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

WWW.TRADINGBOUNDARIES.COM

HAVE THE CHANCE TO MEET ROGER AND ENJOY NEVER BEFORE SEEN ARTWORK ON THE CRUISE TO THE EDGE

GLASS HAMMER as wellCool

Date Posted: January 17 2014 at 10:35
VIP rooms are sold out (although, there is a waiting list).  Other cabins still available.

http://www.cruisetotheedge.com" rel="nofollow - www.cruisetotheedge.com

Date Posted: March 30 2014 at 19:04
1 week to go! Clap

Posted By: Michael678
Date Posted: August 09 2014 at 13:16
good for you guys who actually went!! why is it this expensive though!?! and this goes for ALL the cruises out there!!

-------------
Progrockdude

Date Posted: August 10 2014 at 06:35
They are always expensive but then they are very popular. You have to like the 'all inclusive' aspect of the experience. Much is laid on for you and included in the price. I would love to do another one but I reckon it will be when I retire which could be another 15 years the way its going.Ouch

Date Posted: August 10 2014 at 07:57
yeah, im just saying, we're on a VERY tight budget; that's why i mentioned this. but we were able to go to Great Wolf Lodge just before school starts so hooray for me!!

-------------
Progrockdude

Posted By: Gerinski
Date Posted: August 10 2014 at 08:09
I would appreciate if someone who attended could comment on the experience. The Prog agenda looked very attractive but cruises are something which never caught my attention.

If I remember well it was something like 20 bands in a 5-day cruise, so around 4 concerts per day? that's fine for one or two days but I wonder if by the 4th day it may get a bit too much?

Also, I don't think there are enough proggers to fill a cruise ship so I guess that the Prog cruise thing is just a small part and most people in the ship are just regular cruise customers?

Does the cruise make also stops at harbours? how many?

I have never been to a cruise but I have the impression that it's not my thing, I think that the kind of activities available are not really my cup of tea.

Date Posted: August 11 2014 at 01:16
I didn't do the prog cruise so I can't speak about that but the Cruise experience for me was about visiting one of the most beautiful countries in the world ( Norway) and the indivdual excursions or 'stop off's'. In transit  you need good entertainment and it was fun to go to a James Bond themed night. The musicians on these cruises are often brilliant so I enjoyed that aspect of it was well. Most people though like to go on a cruise to stuff themselves silly. Regular cruise goers are often not that ..ermm.. slim shall we waySmile

Date Posted: August 11 2014 at 09:34
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

I didn't do the prog cruise so I can't speak about that but the Cruise experience for me was about visiting one of the most beautiful countries in the world ( Norway) and the indivdual excursions or 'stop off's'. In transit  you need good entertainment and it was fun to go to a James Bond themed night. The musicians on these cruises are often brilliant so I enjoyed that aspect of it was well. Most people though like to go on a cruise to stuff themselves silly. Regular cruise goers are often not that ..ermm.. slim shall we waySmile

1. i think you meant "say" but i could be wrong.

2. i couldn't go obviously (ADER!!) but as a replacement ill be heading for the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA for the 3rd time in my life. and i shall be showing some classic rock (including prog of course) pride while over there. i won't be here for a few days just to let you know because of it. hell yeah. Cool

-------------
Progrockdude

Date Posted: August 14 2014 at 01:16
Originally posted by Michael678 Michael678 wrote:

2. i couldn't go obviously (ADER!!) but as a replacement ill be heading for the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, VA for the 3rd time in my life. and i shall be showing some classic rock (including prog of course) pride while over there. i won't be here for a few days just to let you know because of it. hell yeah. Cool

1 correct!

2 enjoy!!

Date Posted: August 14 2014 at 15:23

Originally posted by Michael678 Michael678 wrote:

1 correct!

2 enjoy!!

thx and i did! i also enjoyed going around the town to see what it has to offer while having "bumps in the road" of course. an overall awesome experience.

-------------
Progrockdude

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk