Print Page | Close Window

canterbury/zeuhl/krautrock&related Rd.1 (2)

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog Polls
Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94620
Printed Date: April 23 2024 at 16:58
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: canterbury/zeuhl/krautrock&related Rd.1 (2)
Posted By: Mellotron Storm
Subject: canterbury/zeuhl/krautrock&related Rd.1 (2)
Date Posted: July 28 2013 at 13:51
Ash Ra Tempel's debut  is one of the best Krautrock albums out there, so that's my vote, but that album by Rialzu is a close second.

-------------
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Replies:
Posted By: SaltyJon
Date Posted: July 28 2013 at 16:40
Ash Ra Tempel, yep.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Salty_Jon" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: July 28 2013 at 18:00
Fourth is completely amazing.

ART is excellent but not excellent enough for my vote.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: antonyus
Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 01:45
Ash Ra Tempel rulezzzz

Posted By: Rando
Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 06:26

Yes, yes, Ash-Ra Temple!

Smile

-------------
- Music is Life, that's why our hearts have beats -

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 06:32
I only have the Ash Ra and Softs releases John, but I'm guessing here that I probably should have the remaining two in my collection at some point? 

I think I'll be predictable and vote for the Germans. Love that one.

Also, I have a live album by Eiliff which is just so damn saucy! Do you have that one oh muscular Canadian?
Here's the thing in it's entirety, if anybody's interested:

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: digdug
Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 06:47
ART

Fourth is excellent as well

-------------
Prog On!

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 15:00
ART > Fourth

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 15:28
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

Ash Ra Tempel, yep.

Yep, yep, yep.  I mean it's not a Mirthkon album but... it's pretty good.Big smile

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 15:35
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Fourth is completely amazing.

ART is excellent but not excellent enough for my vote.

Why the heck is Fourth rated so low on here ? At least on Gnosis it's rated comparably with the first three studio records.
 Heart the Virtuality suite.

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 15:36
Originally posted by antonyus antonyus wrote:

Ash Ra Tempel rulezzzz

In Amsterdam I bet it does. LOL

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 15:44
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I only have the Ash Ra and Softs releases John, but I'm guessing here that I probably should have the remaining two in my collection at some point? 

Also, I have a live album by Eiliff which is just so damn saucy! Do you have that one oh muscular Canadian?

I've not heard that live Eiliff record so thanks for the audio. Man your just like a fruit filled danish aren't you.
Hey I got a new job !  I let my boss know today that i'm quitting.  I'm going to miss being treated like sh*t. Unhappy Oh wait a minute maybe that will continue with my new job, we'll see.

Funny with the first two Eiliff albums, I really didn't appreciate them after spending lots of time with them so I put them away until I saw a thread on another site (years later) with lots of positive feedback about these guys. So I broke them out again and they clicked. Yes they are a little out there but this is really good krautrock. I have the first two cds on a 2 on 1 format.

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 15:46
Clearly Ash Ra Tempel and SM's Fourth are the two favourites here. And yes David please pick up that Rialzu album if it's still available. Some great Zeuhlish music right there.

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Posted By: akaBona
Date Posted: July 29 2013 at 17:11
Fourth

Posted By: VOTOMS
Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 08:34
fourth is my favorite, but i'm current listening to eiliff, so it has my vote

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 08:48
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

I've not heard that live Eiliff record so thanks for the audio. Man your just like a fruit filled danish aren't you.
Hey I got a new job !  I let my boss know today that i'm quitting.  I'm going to miss being treated like sh*t. Unhappy Oh wait a minute maybe that will continue with my new job, we'll see.

Funny with the first two Eiliff albums, I really didn't appreciate them after spending lots of time with them so I put them away until I saw a thread on another site (years later) with lots of positive feedback about these guys. So I broke them out again and they clicked. Yes they are a little out there but this is really good krautrock. I have the first two cds on a 2 on 1 format.

LOL I love the sarcasm John. You could be French in another life... 
Anyway congrats on the new job man - and I'm sure they'll treat you right. I can't imagine anybody not liking you. Just whip out some Magma albums and you'll have a regular possy in no time.
From what I've heard and read, that live album I've got is a completely different animal than the two studio albums. Makes me kinda curious to hear how they sound. Think I'm gonna YouTube emBig smile

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: hellogoodbye
Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 12:46
Yeah, be happy in your new job, John. I lost mine today. I'll start to look for a new one as soon as I finish to listen to this gorgeous Eiliff album. Big smile

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 17:11
^ I'm sorry to hear that Pierre, it sucks loosing a job. I hope you'll find something you'll like in no time.

It took me a while to decide but now that I've listened to them, I'll throw a vote to Rialzu. I really like that album.

That Eiliff video sounds interesting, I'm gonna check it out first thing in the morning.

Posted By: hellogoodbye
Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 17:32
Thanks man !  Love the Rialzu too ! 

Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 17:32

Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

LOL I love the sarcasm John. You could be French in another life... 
Anyway congrats on the new job man - and I'm sure they'll treat you right. I can't imagine anybody not liking you. Just whip out some Magma albums and you'll have a regular possy in no time.
From what I've heard and read, that live album I've got is a completely different animal than the two studio albums. Makes me kinda curious to hear how they sound. Think I'm gonna YouTube emBig smile

The crazy thing is that since i've told him i'm leaving he's been treating me really well. If I thought this would continue i'd actually stay. It's very physical work but I really enjoy the workout.
I can't believe you wouldn't love those first two Eiliff records David.

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 17:36
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Yeah, be happy in your new job, John. I lost mine today. I'll start to look for a new one as soon as I finish to listen to this gorgeous Eiliff album. Big smile

I wish you good luck on the job front Pierre. It took me 2 1/2 months to get the one I got but then i'm not really qualified for much. I didn't go to University, I just have my High School. I did own my own business though for 13 1/2 years. I'm so glad you like that Eiliff album.Thumbs Up

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Date Posted: July 30 2013 at 17:38
Originally posted by sagichim sagichim wrote:

^ I'm sorry to hear that Pierre, it sucks loosing a job. I hope you'll find something you'll like in no time.

It took me a while to decide but now that I've listened to them, I'll throw a vote to Rialzu. I really like that album.

That Eiliff video sounds interesting, I'm gonna check it out first thing in the morning.

That Rialzu record just resonates with me for some reason. A 5 star recording for me. This is the first poll where it's even remotely close thanks to you Soft Machine fans out there.

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Posted By: Barbu
Date Posted: October 24 2013 at 19:31
Fourth

-------------

Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: October 24 2013 at 19:47
Probably go with Soft Machine's `Fourth' as well, I probably listen to it more than `Third', but I don't like it as much as the dark `Fifth', which is my favourite of theirs, and my first choice for rainy, gloomy night drives!

Having said that, there's two here I've never heard.

John, your numerous options on these polls have given me endless new albums to read up on and look into!

Date Posted: October 25 2013 at 16:05
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Probably go with Soft Machine's `Fourth' as well, I probably listen to it more than `Third', but I don't like it as much as the dark `Fifth', which is my favourite of theirs, and my first choice for rainy, gloomy night drives!

Having said that, there's two here I've never heard.

John, your numerous options on these polls have given me endless new albums to read up on and look into!

LOL Well that's a good thing right Michael, well it's hard on the pocket-book but worth it.

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk