Forum Description: Discuss any topic at all that is not music-related
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94780
Printed Date: April 27 2024 at 22:39
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2013 NFL Season
Posted By: TheProgtologist
Subject: 2013 NFL Season
Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 04:25
Well,preseason officially started so it's about that time of year for the new thread.

Sloppy 44-16 win against the Bucs last night for the Ravens,the newer guys looked decent but you can tell this new defense is going to need some time to gel.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: JJLehto
Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 08:17
As usual G Men are a total question mark.
With Eli at the helm and Cruz long term I feel good there but the D is a mystery. The "core" is still there but just oi, it's been so erratic just who knows!?

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 08:25
The Lions' road to their 1st ever Super Bowl victory starts tonight against the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.  

Sadly, as usual, I think that the Lions are driving on the wrong side of a dead-end street yet again this year.  But they sure sound as optimistic as usual on Detroit radio.

-------------

Posted By: Equality 7-2521
Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 08:47
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

With Eli at the helm and Cruz long term I feel good there but the D is a mystery. The "core" is still there but just oi, it's been so erratic just who knows!?

I think the defense is really going to struggle. But with Mike Patterson I think you'll have a lot less issues vs inside runs and one cut games.

-------------
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "

Posted By: timothy leary
Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 09:08
Seattle Seahawks go all the way this year.

Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 13:31
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

I think the defense is really going to struggle. But with Mike Patterson I think you'll have a lot less issues vs inside runs and one cut games.
Yeah I like him, and those sure have been issues...
I'm inclined to agree, pass coverage will still be a wreck I'm sure and I'm hoping they revive the pass rush, otherwise it's gunna be a rough year.

But hey it's all O these days and that should be strong as ever.

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 16:19
Gmen support.

I think this will be the first time since I began liking football that I'll predict the Gmen to win their division...which will probably translate to 6-10 or worse and 3rd overall.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Date Posted: August 09 2013 at 16:21
I must say, this is a weird year to pick them.

-------------
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "

Posted By: manofmystery
Date Posted: August 10 2013 at 19:58
Should I do my annual predictions or not? I'm finding it very hard to find a reason to give a sh*t about GODell's happy fun-time flag football league.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: August 12 2013 at 12:27
Don't act like you're not going to watch football.

-------------

Date Posted: August 12 2013 at 20:52
Not going to make it a priority anymore. The product is such junk. I'm at with the NFL about where I was with the Simpsons in season 12-13. I was still tuning in because I'd grown up loving it but I knew those in control were killing it and that I'd soon have to stop. There are many sad days ahead.

-------------

Time always wins.

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: August 13 2013 at 14:44
Hi

Those Seahawks looked pretty good to me!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 10:28

Don't act like you're not going to watch football.
Seirously, we all bitch and moan about this and that and that but in the end we all cave, like Pat said are ya really not going to?

Yeah the Seahawks will be a team with high expectaions now. I thought R Wilson would be good, but I did not expect that quality, but now the pressure is really on. Even just staying the same will be seen as "bad"
Oh and Kaepernick, talk about pressure! I know it's unrealistic to expect consecutive SBs but anything short of going will have to feel like a loss.

I'm really digging the Hawks and Niners as usual.

Hm, like I said earlier G Men are just a total ? We saw in '11 with no D, no run game and no pass protection and Eli can drag them to a SB win, but then when they have a good team they fall apart LOL I literally have just stopped trying to predict them really. And last year, we still have no idea what happened. Started off #1 passing offense in football (at least big passing) then all the second half looked like they couldn't move the ball on Woodbridge High School.
Even though the run game improved a good bit (still meh) and the pass protection was better! Again still meh but better than 31st!
Guess it proved the true value of Nicks, but really passing game is where I feel fine with long as Easy E is at the helm.
All the rest of the team...erm yeah typical Giants I expect. It's gunna be great, or total trash Cry

Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 10:38
And at least MoM your division is still kinda sorta "true" though the Ravens are shifting and the Stillers already have been.

The NFC East is gunna be more like the NFC Division I-A!
It's probably the fan in me but I can get on board with Phil for that reason. The Eagles are also a huge ?? we just have no idea where they'll be. The Skins, I still am not sold on RG3 mainly because his passing was unimpressive albeit very efficient, and he's an injury risk. The G men could have one of those 9-7 years but maybe win the division LOL
Oh yeah...the cowboys. Eh who cares. They'll blow it when it matters anyway

Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 14:53
May still do full predictions but here are a couple now just to upset everyone :
The following teams will be 7-9 or worse:
-Ravens
-Eagles
-Cowboys
The following team will finish 8-8:
-Giants

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 15:57
I think Ravens are more like 9-7, but I agree with the rest. 

-------------

Date Posted: August 16 2013 at 07:53
Full predictions are nuts anyway, though kudos for always giving it a go.
NFL is just so nutty and closely matched these days.
That is of course normal for ya MoM, we all know in Yinzer land the Steelers are always 16-0 and ever other team is 0-16 (somehow, don't question the logic) but refs and/or swamp gas reflecting off venus cost them the wins deserved!

Sadly Giants 8-8 is quite possible, as always I expect a 7-9 win season.  Eli is proven capable enough even with a horrible team to not let it fall below 8-8 so realistically I dont see that, but 7 wins cant be ruled out.
Especially with all the ?s at D
BUT: Prince Amukamara showed some real improvement last year and was solid, if he can hit his college potential that'd be a huge boost. Doubt Stevie Brown can keep his ball hawkin ways up but we'll see...We still have Webster (shoot me) and Rolle (shoot me and bury me deep) so that's no good and Aaron Ross is back! The guy who could either shut down the best wideouts or let me run by himLOL 

What about JPP?? Will Tuck get over his several year lag? Will Kiwanuka be used more as a pass rusher? (I hope to god)
Again, question marks galore...

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: August 18 2013 at 11:29
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi

Those Seahawks looked pretty good to me!

And yesterday they looked even better ... scary!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: August 18 2013 at 12:04
And they are fun to watch.

Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 21:40
Lions 40 Patriots 9.  Maybe it is time to book a hotel for the Super Bowl.  WinkLOL

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2013 at 18:28
With JPP and Tuck both apparently (oh god I hope) recovered from injuries, Kiwanuka slated to play more DE (where he's been great over his career) add Mike Patterson, good run stopper, Cullen Jenkins, good pass rusher, I feel much better about the D line.  The back 7 is still most likely a disaster but, they can usually escape with just the pass rush anyway.

I hope Tebow flops today. If he cant make it on the Pats, famous for making almost anyone work, maybe we'll finally be rid of him!

Date Posted: August 29 2013 at 20:44
Lions lead the Bills 35 to 6.  Heading for another winning preseason.  I sure wish that that translated into winning regular seasons.

-------------

Date Posted: August 29 2013 at 23:01
Andre Brown suffered another broken leg in this game...

-------------

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: August 30 2013 at 00:22
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Lions lead the Bills 35 to 6.  Heading for another winning preseason.  I sure wish that that translated into winning regular seasons.

I'm still obviously overly optimistic for this season. That last glass of Honolulu blue Kool-aid must have been spiked.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Date Posted: August 30 2013 at 08:10
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Yeah this isn't good, though looks like they finally are letting Wilson actually prove himself (maybe by necessityLOL)
I do love Coughlin but sheesh, one fumble and it's 3/4 of the season waiting...Brown was obviously better in pass blocking, hope Wilson can step up there. Will really miss Bradshaw in that regard, he was one of the best pass blocking RBs Cry

Date Posted: August 30 2013 at 22:06

Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Yeah this isn't good, though looks like they finally are letting Wilson actually prove himself (maybe by necessityLOL)
I do love Coughlin but sheesh, one fumble and it's 3/4 of the season waiting...Brown was obviously better in pass blocking, hope Wilson can step up there. Will really miss Bradshaw in that regard, he was one of the best pass blocking RBs Cry

Indeed.

Luckily it's being reported he should be out only 4-6 weeks instead of the entire season, which is encouraging.

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 09:54
Predictions:

AFC East:
Patriots
Dolphins
Bills
Jets

AFC North:
Bengals
Ravens
Browns
Steelers

AFC South:
Texans
Colts
Jags
Titans

AFC West:
Broncos
Chiefs
Chargers
Oakland

NFC East:
Redskins (10-6)
Giants (8-8)
Eagles (8-8)
Cowboys (7-9)

NFC North:
Packers
Bears
Vikings
Lions

NFC South:
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
Bucs

NFC West:
Seahawks
49'ers
Rams
Cardinals

AFC Wildcards: Chiefs, Colts
NFC Wildcards: Bears, 49'ers
Superbowl: Seahawks over Broncos

MVP: Peyton
Defensive Player of the Year: Watt
Offensive Player of the Year: Wilson
Offensive Rookie of the Year: DeAndre Hopkins
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Dion Jordan
Comeback Player of the Year: MJD
Coach of the Year- Andy Reid

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 10:21
^ I approve, let it be so

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 15:12
I don't do records/ordering for every team so feel free to ignore. But playoff predictions:

NFC:
Packers
Seahawks
Saints
Giants
Falcons
49ers

AFC:
Broncos
Texans
Patriots
Ravens
Steelers
Bengals

I hesitate to be so conservative with the AFC but that conference is pretty terrible. NFC is more of a toss up for seedings that will probably come down to tie breakers (except for the NFC east winner who should get the 4th seed no problem).

Raiders & Bills fight it out for 1st overall pick next year.

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 16:07
Oh don't worry the Raiders have that picked locked up.

I'm really down the the Steelers and Saints this year. Other than that, it's hard to argue with your picks too much.

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 16:36
Yeah...that spot in the AFC is a bit open in my mind. Picked the Steelers for pedigree and because I think they will be a bit peeved they missed the playoffs last year. That said...I wouldn't be surprised at all if the chiefs or Colts get in.

But I do think the Saints will be back to their pre-bounty ways. Perhaps not 13-3 good (thanks to their defense) but certainly enough to challenge for the division win.

-------------

Posted By: Mellotron Storm
Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 18:53
Broncos / Ravens tonight. I really think the Broncos will cover the 7 1/2 point spread here. Not a Broncos fan at all but being at home and the Ravens probably still hung over ( emotionally) from the last Super Bowl I don't think it will be close. Hope i'm wrong. They were supposed to play in Baltimore I understand but the Orioles didn't co-operate.

-------------
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 19:32
AFC East:
Patriots 9-7
Dolphins 6-10
Bills 6-10
Jets 4-12

AFC North:
Bengals 10-6
Ravens 8-8
Browns 5-11
Steelers 9-7

AFC South:
Texans 11-5
Colts 7-9
Jags 4-12
Titans 5-11

AFC West:
Broncos 12-4
Chiefs 6-10
Chargers 7-9 (have no idea what Equality sees in this team every year)
Oakland 3-13

NFC East:
Redskins 10-6
Giants 8-8
Eagles 6-10
Cowboys 7-9

NFC North:
Packers 11-5
Bears 7-9
Vikings 8-8
Lions 9-7 (no reason for this one, complete hunch)

NFC South:
Falcons 11-5
Panthers 6-10
Saints 11-5
Bucs 5-11

NFC West:
Seahawks 9-7
49'ers 10-6
Rams 4-12
Cardinals 3-13

MVP: It'll probably be Peyton but there'll be at least one better candidate who's snubbed because of the Manning name
Defensive Player of the Year: London Fletcher (long shot theory that the league will finally recognize the career he's had)
Offensive Player of the Year:   AP (single season rushing record's going down)
Offensive Rookie of the Year: EJ Manuel (don't like any rookies to have a big season and the voters love giving awards to QBs)
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jarvis Jones (hopefully)
Comeback Player of the Year: Brian Cushing
Coach of the Year: Sean Payton (hahahaha)

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 20:02
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Oakland 3-13

You're thinking of the Chiefs. I expect the chargers to go 0-16 every year.

And that's a good comeback player. I forgot about him.

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 20:12
Finally! Football is back, assuming the Ravens actually want to play....they seem pretty unenthused thus far.
Really don't have a preference, but with Wes and Dem Thomas on fantasy I need Peyton to go huge...to them of course.

I get why people why liked the Chiefs, I just thought they were incorrect. Reason being they had a solid D and good run game, problem is: not much else, QB. People assumed Matt Cassel was good, (I was never sold since being on the Pats is not a true test) and sure enough....
That said it's known I was a big Alex Smith fan. He's better than Cassel, but is now on a worse team. He actually has even LESS weapons than on SF, but still it's a solid team so he should at least be efficient.

Let the season begin gents

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 21:12

Oakland 3-13

You're thinking of the Chiefs. I expect the chargers to go 0-16 every year.And that's a good comeback player. I forgot about him.

You're right, that should've been on the line above.

Typical Birdies game so far... Flacco throws moron passes and doesn't pay for them and the refs are unable to call a penalty against them

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 21:14
Unf**kingreal. Ravens have to be the luckiest team in nfl history

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 21:27
I hate the Ravens but don't agree with your yellow colored glasses view of them.

However, yes I agree with this game. Should clearly have been a safety called in the first quarter first and foremost

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 21:40

Yeah, honestly I think we all (myself included but I admit he makes it hard) need to just ignore MoM on the Ravens.

I think we all are pretty fair and honest here, while still being fans, but his comments on the Ravens are the most insane stuff I've ever heard. Of course sh*t happens, but that does every single game...literally every game.
Pretty biased to single out the Ravens, naturally, as the benefactors of bad reffing. And just to throw it out there....the media, as well as regular people, pretty much treat the Stillers like gods, and the phony stiller fans come out when they visit to fill 60% of the stadium, so his constant whining how everyone loves the Ravens (which itself doesnt make sense) got quite annoying.
tl;dr so far this game hasn't been any worse reffed than any other, which granted is usually not very good! Missing all the "omg wtf are you serious?" calls then flagging plays that are questionable at best!

Typical opening game, pretty sloppy. Lots of silly mistakes, neither QB really looks terribly on yet.

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 21:44
Not everyone loves the Ravens, just the league

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 21:52
I never was one for specific predictions (how the NFL is these days, a team can honestly be 6-10 or 10-6 basically on the flip of a switch) but guess I'll jump on:

NFC EAST:
Redskins (realistically)
Giants (better potential but so many ?s)
Cowboys
Eagles (too much change and ?s for now)

NFC South
Falcons
Saints
Buccs
Panthers

NFC North
Pakcers
Bears
Lions
Vikings

NFC West, the fun division
49ers
Seahawks (will be damn good but just cant quite top everything SF has)
Rams
Cardinals (even they will be improved, good D, Off should be better, this may be a crazy division)

AFC East, as usual one of the worst and least fun divisions
Pats
Phins, may have some improvement
Bills, god knows what we're getting
Jets, LOL   

AFC North, hm this is a pretty tough one IMO
Bengals
Ravens
Steelers
ANY of those 3 can really take this
Browns

AFC South
Texans
Colts
Jags
Titans   honestly idk, those last 2 can go either way

AFC West
Broncos

uh wow IDK this division is always insane/awful
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 22:01

Not everyone loves the Ravens, just the league
But again, this is coming from you. You see no bias here?

Honestly, I'm pretty much neutral on BAL and I've seen nothing largely pro them in terms of good calls and etc compared to anyone else. The refs just suck man.
Besides why on Earth would the league favor them anyway? They aren't a national team, even till the end Ray Lewis still had a bad rep with a lot of people, Flacco (at least before the SB win) was deff not a stud/superstar while someone like Big Ben was. In fact the Ravens always ran their mouths about the reffing and how they are unfavored. Remember 07 "its tough to play the Pats and the refs"? If anything the NFL should dislike the RavensLOL I havn't seen a favorability to them, nor do I see why there would be.

The Pats, Packers and Saints off the top of my head have had the most favored status of the league.

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 22:18
Not to sound biased but f**k BALTIMORE!

I don't think Ben's a superstar outside of the Pittsburgh area, btw. Think his rep is still pretty bad. His sucking in 2 out of the 3 Super Bowl's he's been to holds him back, as well. Don't get me wrong, he's led us to great things and we'd have gone nowhere without him but man can he ever be frustrating.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 22:33

I don't think Ben's a superstar outside of the Pittsburgh area, btw. Think his rep is still pretty bad. His sucking in 2 out of the 3 Super Bowl's he's been to holds him back, as well. Don't get me wrong, he's led us to great things and we'd have gone nowhere without him but man can he ever be frustrating.

Maybe not, but he's a superstar on ESPN.

And Manning shredding the Ravens makes me feel so good inside.

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 22:42

haha fair enough but Ben vs Flacco, one deff has a bigger appeal and sorry it is not Joe.  

Oh I do understand. Eli was invaluable for 2 SB wins (2 for 2 btw) and with how crap the Giants have been overall, without him we'd have like 4-5 wins the last 2 years. Sincerely, he bailed us out of so many games that should've been losses. Not to mention our sh*t OC, leaving us in constant 3rd and longs and he just makes that throw to convert. Yet he's still a bit streaky and still makes throws that defy logic. Frustrating I know oh too well.

See take this game. How on Earth was that obvious Wes drop called a catch? Crazier is how it went unchallenged but still, what a bad call and the game literally turned on that bad call. Though Flacco still doesn't seem quite on and Peyton is on fire. 5 TDs in 3 quarters??

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 23:20

Maybe not, but he's a superstar on ESPN.

You're clearly getting a different version of ESPN than I am. He's never even brought up when they discuss elite QBs. It's Brady, Peyton (despite he's awful postseason history), Brees, and Rodgers (1 SB and he leapt right past Ben into the convo somehow).

And Manning shredding the Ravens makes me feel so good inside.

Me too but what an idiot that Denver LB is. When will these guys learn? Be more like Barry Sanders and Larry Fitzgerald: get the TD and hand the ball to the ref.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 23:32
Aw cmon Peyton, keep throwing! Gret a 7th TD, ideally to one of my fantasy WRs :P
Edit: Thanks man! I knew he was reading thisLOL

Well I do believe in terms of pure skill, Rodgers is probably the best QB in the NFL, with Brees being up there.
IDK where exactly Peyton and Brady rank (though Brady is lower) but I dont have em 1/2 as most people/the media do. I always gave Peyton some botd at Indy, that team was pretty crap recently...they wouldnt even make the post season without him. He has gone to 2 SBs and has had post season success, when the team was better.
If he flops again though, I'll admit there has to be SOME validity to the claim. Also we've seen QBs (Rodgers, Eli, Ben and even Brady) go to the SB and even win some with pretty poor teams around em.

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 23:48
I don't care about any of Peyton's individual achievements, he has done so little considering the teams he has been on. Had the best team in the AFC for about a decade, with constant dome-field advantage, and managed 1 Super Bowl win against possibly the weakest team to make a Super Bowl. Then he goes to the best team in the AFC last year and also blows it. Outside of 2-3 games he has been nothing but a screw-up in the playoffs and the way he has ended the last two playoff games he's played gives that statement more than SOME validity. He'll get you through the regular season, put up all the stats MVP voters love, film a billion commercials, but when the playoffs roll around you're better off calling up his brother.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 00:08

But isnt that the debate? Individual achievements? When we're trying to determine actual skill, isn't that the point?

We're not talking clutch ability or how good the team was. Romo is a very good QB after all but has terrible clutch performance, doesnt take away from his actual skill, just his intangibles. Whatever, really not gunna debate it after this.  
It's understood, if you're realistic, how good Peyton is. After Edge left they never had a real run game, and  they NEVER had a real defense...just 2 edge rushers and Bob Sanders. Recall the joke, Peyton was the most important defensive player, because without him in control the Colts entire D falls apart (because they suck honestly).
He ran such a simple offense, yet people still couldn't stop it.

And of course I dont buy the whole "weak opponent" stuff. What do you want? That Bears team had a great defense, great run game, and effective enough QB. Isnt that the classic football we all moan about being gone??? Ive said this before as well, this is not the BCS! There are playoffs. We can say x was really better, y was a joke but they beat the teams to make it there, what else can you ask for? That be that!

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 00:12
All I know is given how absolutely sh*t the Giants secondary is...I am not looking forward to the manning bowl Unhappy
The D line better step up and pummel him or else Peyton will have 10 TDs against usLOL

Also I never make serious SB predictions this early in the season so for kicks: SF vs Denver, with SF winning.
I'd say a real manning SB, played here in NJ but that's just a bit too silly even for me

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 16:12
A national writer who predicts that the Detroit Lions will win the NFC North.  How is that for going out on a limb?

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/03/the-mmqbs-2013-predictions-and-preview-spectacular/4/" rel="nofollow - http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/03/the-mmqbs-2013-predictions-and-preview-spectacular/4/

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 16:50

A national writer who predicts that the Detroit Lions will win the NFC North.  How is that for going out on a limb?
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/03/the-mmqbs-2013-predictions-and-preview-spectacular/4/" rel="nofollow - http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/03/the-mmqbs-2013-predictions-and-preview-spectacular/4/

Well he could have been more ridiculous by picking the jags to win their division.

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 17:58
The game i'm most looking forward to this weekend is Atlanta going into New Orleans. I do think Atlanta will win but New Orleans will be pumped having their coach back, it could be a really good game.

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 18:33
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

The game i'm most looking forward to this weekend is Atlanta going into New Orleans. I do think Atlanta will win but New Orleans will be pumped having their coach back, it could be a really good game.

Ditto. I almost feel cheated that it's a week one game though.

-------------

Date Posted: September 07 2013 at 11:00

That's not going to happen, but the Colts are most definitely not going to the superbowl.

-------------

Date Posted: September 08 2013 at 13:57
At the airport so can't follow the games, and sadly my g men will be playing when I'm in the air...so guess all I can say lets go giants, start the season well with the usual cowboys ass kicking in their hellish joke of a stadium!

Date Posted: September 08 2013 at 14:02
The Lions just scored a touchdown to take a 20 - 14 lead over the Vikings.  They should be up by 3 or 4 touchdowns but they shot themselves in all 4 paws in the first half to do everything that they could do in their power to give this game to the Vikes.

-------------

Date Posted: September 08 2013 at 14:05
Oops. They took the touchdown away from them.  So they had to score on the next play and now the above statement stands.  LOL

-------------

Date Posted: September 08 2013 at 14:19
Yeah!!!! Reggie Bush just went 77 yards on a screen pass for a touchdown!   This is totally unheard of.  In my lifetime, the Lions have never ever ever known how to run a decent screen play.

-------------

Posted By: MillsLayne
Date Posted: September 08 2013 at 17:18

^Loved it!  Week 1 divisional win over the Vikings to start the year! 

-------------
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbox/user/MillsLayne/" rel="nofollow">

ht

Date Posted: September 08 2013 at 20:13

Denver might have shredded our D but at least we put almost 30 points on the board compare to that big 9 that the Steelers scored today.Losing Pouncey for the season because one of your guards fell on his leg makes me feel a bit better about one of our rookies running into Jacoby Jones and spraining his MCL.

And so it begins..........Big smile

-------------

Posted By: The Dark Elf
Date Posted: September 08 2013 at 20:40
Although they won by 10 points, only the Detroit Lions could turn a 56-24 obliteration into a 34-24 4th quarter nail-biter:

a blown field-goal snap
multiple touchdowns overturned due to not completing the "process" or not crossing the plane
pick-sixes either dropped or brought back by a stupid personal foul
A fumble recovery nullifed by an off-side
4th and 1 penalties
unnecessary personal foul out of bounds after a play
Allowing a 78 yard Adrian Peterson TD run on the 1st play from scrimmage

...You can only truly comprehend such things if you are a long-suffering Lion fan.

Fortunately, it seems we found a keeper in Reggie Bush, the young O-line held up incredibly well, the D-line gave Christian Ponder fits (3 int and 3 sacks), and also held Adrian Peterson to 15 measly yards on 17 carries after his initial 78 yard run. But I think the Vikings got lucky last year. They suck this year. At least in this game.

-------------
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...

Date Posted: September 08 2013 at 22:24

The Lions will be okay as long as they're disciplined, which is asking a lot from that group.  And you're right.  Only if you've followed them for years can you know what kind of heartbreak, paranoia and excitement they can cause.  Hence, the Cardiac Cats nickname.

-------------

ht

Date Posted: September 08 2013 at 23:11
Christ Gmen...what a way to play coming ot of the gate. This running back situation is going to be more serious then I thought.

I guess there should be some good feeling about turning the ball over six times and only losting by 5 points...but still...pitiful.

-------------

Date Posted: September 09 2013 at 01:28

Eli 450 yards and 4 tds!

Eli....3 ints

I hear Wilson fumbled twice? Oh man, after his one fumble that cost him 1/2 of 2012 I'm surprised he's still on the team LOL coughlin is probably stapling sticky pads to his hands as we speak.
Well glad I missed the game, Dad said it was set up for a classic Eli comeback until a bad pass/tipped ball was picked off. And looks like the D let way too many points up.,

Well, I'll keep saying its just one game but it already feels like exactly what I predicted for the G men
oi :(

Posted By: Padraic
Date Posted: September 09 2013 at 08:38

Eli 450 yards and 4 tds!

Eli....3 ints

I hear Wilson fumbled twice? Oh man, after his one fumble that cost him 1/2 of 2012 I'm surprised he's still on the team LOL coughlin is probably stapling sticky pads to his hands as we speak.
Well glad I missed the game, Dad said it was set up for a classic Eli comeback until a bad pass/tipped ball was picked off. And looks like the D let way too many points up.,

Well, I'll keep saying its just one game but it already feels like exactly what I predicted for the G men

Yeah sorry but I don't know if I've seen the Giants play a worse game - Coughlin told them in the locker room the first half was the worst half of football he's ever seen.  Only the laughable incompetence of Dallas kept you in that one.

Date Posted: September 09 2013 at 09:49
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Eli 450 yards and 4 tds!

Eli....3 ints

Yeah sorry but I don't know if I've seen the Giants play a worse game - Coughlin told them in the locker room the first half was the worst half of football he's ever seen.  Only the laughable incompetence of Dallas kept you in that one.

Yup, business as usual. Cry

Like I said, I didnt see any of the game (or any part of any games sadly) but moment I saw the stats it was pretty obvious what went down...inconistent Eli and sh*tty Dallas trying to lose it.
I really wanna throw it up to week 1 off sync-ness, it does happen, but I also know the Giants...this could've been an off week or what our season will be.

Curious what will happen to Wilson. He's clearly our best back but this is now the second, and third, fumble after last years "dog house" and Col Coughlin never lets things go...is he even gunna see the field again? LOL
Ah well, at least their was some positive...if Eli can keep the numbers up but cut out the stupidity (which he HAS been able to do) it'll be ok. But oi what a clunker!

Posted By: AEProgman
Date Posted: September 09 2013 at 12:47
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Denver might have shredded our D but at least we put almost 30 points on the board compare to that big 9 that the Steelers scored today.Losing Pouncey for the season because one of your guards fell on his leg makes me feel a bit better about one of our rookies running into Jacoby Jones and spraining his MCL.

And so it begins..........Big smile

My Steelers game was a train wreck, it was hideous, I had to look away...  I could not believe DeCastro's lame blocking attempt that wiped out Pouncey.  After that, the team looked like deer in the headlights, which revealed how thin we are at the line and running game.  I think we lost Foote for the season as well...

Yes, it begins!  The AFC-North:  All are tied for first and last at 0-1 LOL.

-------------

Date Posted: September 09 2013 at 13:35

It's how the league is now, and even Pittsburgh has fallen prey...QB centric. Its actually surprising how weak many teams really are...but are usually kept under wraps by great QB play. And my G men are prime examples. As well as Pitt, N'orleans, Green Bay (though they may be improved this year), Pats, Colts, the Falcons imo. So if the QB ever falters or there are injuries...game over!

Also looks like Steven Jackson could have a good year for Atlanta. Im so glad. The Rams are my #2 team so I follow them closely, he was a GREAT back. Fast, elusive, strong...in terms of talent one of the best in the NFL. But year after year of running into brick walls hurt his stats, and body. Those O lines were horrendous. Now he has the rep of a "straight forward, 3 yard a time guy" but that's really unfair, he's taken a beating and there's been almost no passing game to relieve pressure. Like the Pats, Saints you have to respect the pass threat so much it opens up the run...yeah that doesn't happen with Sam Bradford and their best WR which was Danny AmendolaLOL
 Hope Jackson manages some good years in those remaining legs.

Date Posted: September 09 2013 at 14:49
Niners looked scary.

Date Posted: September 09 2013 at 15:12
The giants are holding workouts for both Willis Mcgahee and B Jacobs this week.

This is probably good. Although, to go back to Jacobs...idk.

-------------

Date Posted: September 09 2013 at 18:46

Niners looked scary.

Yeah, I'm hesitant to pick them for the SB again but I honestly think they're that good. Already the best overall team IMO, they just have more weapons and Kaep is just starting to develop.... Scary thoughts indeed.

Yikes this Eagles offense is painful. Not it's effectiveness, I'm sure it'll be effective (sadly) but god damn it requires like no skill. That's the reason colleges do this stuff, they needed to so they can compete. The NFL can actually get good quality players. And whadya know? The best play the Eagles ran so far was the traditional one LOL

But this is "progress" I guess...NFL teams willingly reducing their quality to that of small collegesLOL
Edit: Holy crap Vick is gunna die this season at this rate.

Date Posted: September 09 2013 at 20:03
The Eagles are making Washington look bad so far. I'm sure the second half will be different. We'll see.

-------------

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN

Date Posted: September 10 2013 at 00:25
The more things change the more they stay the same...Rivers starts the game hot as hell and I really thought this one was long over, but the Chargers yet again are showcasing how to collapse.
Funny thing is I was gunna comment and say this is same ol Texans...lotsa hype but just cant deliver but they really took on a different feel as the game has gone on!

Hoping for a sweet finish, no real preference who wins

Date Posted: September 10 2013 at 00:50
The Chargers shouldn't be allowed to play on Monday nights anymore.

-------------

Date Posted: September 10 2013 at 01:17

It's like Norv was there in spirit tonight.

-------------

ht

Date Posted: September 10 2013 at 08:30

Yeah, I put the over/under on Foles starting at week 5.

Date Posted: September 10 2013 at 11:21

Which if it did happen, one would have to wonder if the Chip Kelly O would continue as it is...I know it's about speed and running, but the option QB is key and that doesn't seem Foles' forteLOL

Crazy, pretty sloppy, opening week. Should be another nutty season!

Date Posted: September 10 2013 at 12:16

Which if it did happen, one would have to wonder if the Chip Kelly O would continue as it is...I know it's about speed and running, but the option QB is key and that doesn't seem Foles' forteLOL

Crazy, pretty sloppy, opening week. Should be another nutty season!

Te-bow Te-bow Te-bow.

-------------

Date Posted: September 10 2013 at 21:01
LOL
I hope that coffin is finally nailed shut. The Pats are famous for taking anyone, and making them good (at least servicable) in their system. If they couldnt even find a way to use Tebow I think his fate may be sealed.
He WOULD be better in a chip kelly like system but thing is he still can't pass. Literally, he still throws side arm with that horrid motion or chucks it like a bowling ballLOL Not quite the fast, accurate passing Philly needs! Also indecisive, I'll never forget that deer in the headlights face while he scrambled round like a madman, or got hammered unaware of the defender closing on him.

Speaking of the Pats Im hard on Brady but he can win some respect from me this year. With his 3 major weapons gone (we'll see how well Gronk comes back) he's left with the poor mans wes welker, also hurt now, and julian edleman! Reminds me of the pre 07 days when the Pats never had much at all and Brady really had to work

Date Posted: September 10 2013 at 21:11
Giants re-sign Jacobs.

Hmm.

-------------

Date Posted: September 10 2013 at 23:35
Makes me happy as a huge fan of his, but I wonder if there's anything left in the tank! He seemed to be getting low by the end of his Giants tenure, and struggled to stay healthy. I loved his style, (was better than he got credit for as well) but it took a beating on him. Remember by the end, the infamous: 1 yard to go, run Jacobs, stopped at line. Not real great for a 264 lb guy!

I love Coughlin, but the fumble thing is a little mad. Was one gameLOL fumbles happen, I say keep running him and see how it plays out. If there's a real issue well ok then, but he's a great back. But let's see what Jacobs has left, better than nothing.
Guess familiarity is a good thing, though still McGahee seems like a better choice.

Date Posted: September 11 2013 at 09:08
Brandon Jacobs is trash.

-------------

Date Posted: September 11 2013 at 11:29
I was never a fan of his antics and mouth running, but it's unavoidable these days.
He at least was fiery and a good teammate oh and a great back.   
Antrel Rolle has more than filled the talking void but sadly is a much crappier player :(

Date Posted: September 11 2013 at 18:11
Ditto the left in the tank concerns. But I hope the giants wouldn't sign him just for the hell of it.

Hopefully if nothing else he will at least pass protect.

-------------

Posted By: Greg W
Date Posted: September 11 2013 at 20:11
I'm a Longtime suffering Raiders fan. I have been reduced to telling myself after Sunday, was "they lost, but they at least they weren't embarrassing."

Date Posted: September 12 2013 at 07:45
Yeah, a purely pass blocking RB, well why not?LOL We'll see how the O line holds up, it did get better but they may need it. Esp as long as David "turnstyle" Diehl is around!
I'll not forget that Bengals game last year, at half time the "pressure reel" and every single play shown....Diehl being toastedCry

Do feel for the Raiders, the whole team has become a black hole now, I honestly forget they exist. No matter what happens, there never seems to be improvement, just kinda there.

Tonight may be interesting, Geno Smith Jets vs the weakened Pats.
Nah it'll still be a horrible defeat for NY who we kidding!

Date Posted: September 12 2013 at 08:33

Yeah, a purely pass blocking RB, well why not?LOL We'll see how the O line holds up, it did get better but they may need it. Esp as long as David "turnstyle" Diehl is around!
I'll not forget that Bengals game last year, at half time the "pressure reel" and every single play shown....Diehl being toastedCry

Do feel for the Raiders, the whole team has become a black hole now, I honestly forget they exist. No matter what happens, there never seems to be improvement, just kinda there.

I expect the Pats to lose, as Brady literally has no one to throw to, and Ridley will just fumble it away.  On the other hand, I should never underestimate the Jets ability to tank.

Date Posted: September 12 2013 at 12:47

I expect the Pats to lose, as Brady literally has no one to throw to, and Ridley will just fumble it away.  On the other hand, I should never underestimate the Jets ability to tank.

Oh whew, I was gunna say...against better opponents perhaps but these are the Jets! They're pretty lacking in the weapon category as well, with worse backs and I need a little more to make an opinion of Geno Smith. Until R Wilson and Kaepernick, these option QBs havnt proven capable of legit passing yet.

Date Posted: September 12 2013 at 13:09
Yeah I'd definitely take the under on tonight's game.

Date Posted: September 12 2013 at 15:23
Ah I know nothing of that crazy ass betting world. I heard the odds were ridic for this game, (In a good way I think) but yeah I avoid that madness. All's fun until losing $ is involvedLOL and I think it works like "X needs to win by at least 14" so if they do by only 13 you lose it all still. OR crazier, if they win by too big an amount! IDK, glad I steer clear of that. (Not that I have the $ to gamble anyway)

Still, classic rivalry game and despite their suck, and Rex Ryan's horrible attitude, as the other NJ team I have to at least watch the game and pull for the Jets. It's pretty much written by contract when living here

Date Posted: September 12 2013 at 21:59

Well, gotta love that in two games Geno Smith already looks a better QB than Sanchez. LOL Fans, being fans, were going apesh*t about the picks and etc  my how quickly we forget. I'd like to ask Jet fans how do they think the game would've gone down with Mark "I cant handle the slightest pressure and need perfect conditions" Sanchez playing?

Would've been 5 picks, 2 or 3 fumbles and probably 30% complete. Maybe another butt fumble for good measure.
The thinned out Pats are struggling a bit, and while TB isn't a very good team at all they have a better offense than last 2. Falcons should be interesting.

I forsee a shootout in the Manning Bowl.
Niners/Seahawks is hopefully epic as it appears on paper.

Date Posted: September 13 2013 at 07:56
Well, the Cheatriots are finally bad. Problem is that they are in the worst division in football and can simply stumble into the playoffs with little to no effort at all.

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: September 13 2013 at 08:16
Were they bad or were they missing their 3 best skill position players? 

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2013 at 10:45
The latter half is true, and not new, they've had an easy road to the division win almost every year, and more recently some easy ass schedules and an overall lesser quality AFC so it's been fairly easy for the Pats.
But yeah, I'm sure the loss of 3 major targets, an injury to Almendola, Vereen and rainy conditions later on had absolutely zero impact, the Pats must be just total crap suddenlyClown

Date Posted: September 13 2013 at 10:51
Brady looks like one of my little nephews when things don't go his way,talk about throwing a fit.

Very unprofessional.Thumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: September 13 2013 at 10:54
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

Brady looks like one of my little nephews when things don't go his way,talk about throwing a fit.

Very unprofessional.Thumbs Down
Yeah that was really one of the sadder displays I've seen (can't say saddest, Rivers and Cutler probably have thoseLOL)
Of course they're passionate, emotional and competitive all that but sheesh, there's letting it out then there's carrying on like a total baby.

Date Posted: September 13 2013 at 16:35
http://www.theonion.com/articles/carrie-underwood-releases-complex-multipart-prog-r,33847/" rel="nofollow - Carrie Underwood Releases Complex, Multi-Part Prog Rock–Inspired ‘Sunday Night Football’ Theme Song

-------------

Time always wins.

Date Posted: September 13 2013 at 19:10

http://www.theonion.com/articles/carrie-underwood-releases-complex-multipart-prog-r,33847/" rel="nofollow - Carrie Underwood Releases Complex, Multi-Part Prog Rock–Inspired ‘Sunday Night Football’ Theme Song

LOL

Posted By: Epignosis
Date Posted: September 13 2013 at 19:18

LOL

Awesome.

Reminded me of this oldie but goodie, if you've not read it:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/yes-lyrics-to-be-added-to-new-testament,966/" rel="nofollow - http://www.theonion.com/articles/yes-lyrics-to-be-added-to-new-testament,966/

-------------
https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays" rel="nofollow - https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/album/a-month-of-sundays

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk