Print Page | Close Window

Caravan recording new studio album,"pledges"sought

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Prog News, Press Releases
Forum Description: Submit press releases, news , new releases, prog music news and other interesting things happening in the world of progressive music (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94834
Printed Date: October 23 2014 at 16:01
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Caravan recording new studio album,"pledges"sought
Posted By: The-Winkler
Subject: Caravan recording new studio album,"pledges"sought
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 05:19
This is a great idea and should give us a well overdue studio album from one of the greats, Yours truly will be singing backing vocals on the new Caravan album


http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/caravan?utm_source=mail_out2080&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=artist17171#



Replies:
Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 05:39

^ Who is 'Yours truly' ?? - never heard of 'im...........



Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 05:55
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ Who is 'Yours truly' ?? - never heard of 'im...........



The world will soon know of 'im and they will be in great awe


Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 09:06
Tom, "Yours Truly" is The-Winkler here lol!

If you go to this page:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/caravan?utm_source=mail_out2080&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=artist17171#%20" rel="nofollow - http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/caravan?utm_source=mail_out2080&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=artist17171#

you can help pay for (or in some cases pre-purchase) the funding of the new Caravan album - Yes, there is the option to pre-buy a VINYL copy for Ģ 23!

Clearly Mr Winkler here chose the `Ģ 250 - Visit the Studio & Play Percussion or Sing BVs!' option! Hey, if you've got the cash to afford it, why not?

Fancy singing backing vocals on a Caravan album, Tom?!


Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 09:09
Now there's a new twist on the kickstarter concept.


-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche / http://raregoat.bandcamp.com" rel="nofollow - RARE GOAT bandcamp page

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.
-Kehlog Albran


Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 09:24
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Tom, "Yours Truly" is The-Winkler here lol!

If you go to this page:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/caravan?utm_source=mail_out2080&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=artist17171#%20" rel="nofollow - http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/caravan?utm_source=mail_out2080&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=artist17171#

you can help pay for (or in some cases pre-purchase) the funding of the new Caravan album - Yes, there is the option to pre-buy a VINYL copy for Ģ 23!

Clearly Mr Winkler here chose the `Ģ 250 - Visit the Studio & Play Percussion or Sing BVs!' option! Hey, if you've got the cash to afford it, why not?

Fancy singing backing vocals on a Caravan album, Tom?!


Yes, its me, just thought it was a very unique idea and one I just couldn't turn down...I'm really just doing it for the experience of seeing the band in the recording process and anyway I can't even sing, don't know what Pye and the gang are going to do with me? Guess I'll be lost deep in the mix


Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 09:27
Maybe they'll have a section of a song that has some crowd cheering/shouting sound effects, and you can be part of that.   Cool prospect nevertheless!

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche / http://raregoat.bandcamp.com" rel="nofollow - RARE GOAT bandcamp page

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.
-Kehlog Albran


Posted By: UMUR
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 09:28
I like it. Itīs also a good way for the artist to find out how many people are actually interested in their music enough to want to pay for it. Hopefully the artist (in this case Caravan) will also make more profit this way than if they signed to a label.

-------------
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/" rel="nofollow - Metal Music Archives
https://rateyourmusic.com/~UMUR" rel="nofollow - UMUR on RYM


Posted By: UMUR
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 09:30
Originally posted by The-Winkler The-Winkler wrote:

This is a great idea and should give us a well overdue studio album from one of the greats, Yours truly will be singing backing vocals on the new Caravan album


http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/caravan?utm_source=mail_out2080&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=artist17171#
 
...oh man I sure hope you can sing just a little. Donīt bother coming here again if you mess up the new Caravan albumLOL


-------------
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/" rel="nofollow - Metal Music Archives
https://rateyourmusic.com/~UMUR" rel="nofollow - UMUR on RYM


Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 10:09
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:


Originally posted by The-Winkler The-Winkler wrote:

This is a great idea and should give us a well overdue studio album from one of the greats, Yours truly will be singing backing vocals on the new Caravan album


http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/caravan?utm_source=mail_out2080&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=artist17171#

 
...oh man I sure hope you can sing just a little. Donīt bother coming here again if you mess up the new Caravan albumLOL


Nope, can't hold a tune to save my life, I guess I'll end up on Tambourine or Triangle or something


Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 10:11
Originally posted by The-Winkler The-Winkler wrote:

Nope, can't hold a tune to save my life, I guess I'll end up on Tambourine or Triangle or something

Could be worse, the band might say "You'll be taking the place of the girly backing singers like on the `Blind Dog....' album!"    

Oh the horror!!


Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 10:14
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Maybe they'll have a section of a song that has some crowd cheering/shouting sound effects, and you can be part of that.   Cool prospect nevertheless!



I don't imagine its going to be anything too important, the band probably have ideas already where those participating will actually be used, like you said cheering shouting etc...nothing that would/could compromise their vision and yeah it should be very cool


Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 10:18
That's awesome, man, please keep us updated on your Caravan adventure!


Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: August 14 2013 at 10:27
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

That's awesome, man, please keep us updated on your Caravan adventure!


Yeah will do, no detailed info as yet but I believe the recording will be towards the end of the year


Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: August 15 2013 at 00:03
Phenomenal idea !!! 
Though I'd rather pay the money and plug the Hammond into a fuzz-box to get that authentic 'Canterbury sound' - no plastic synth emulations..........Angry


Posted By: Einsetumadur
Date Posted: August 16 2013 at 08:23
Quote
Phenomenal idea !!! 
Though I'd rather pay the money and plug the Hammond into a fuzz-box to get that authentic 'Canterbury sound' - no plastic synth emulations..........


Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Exactly !!!


-------------
All in all each man in all men


Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: August 16 2013 at 09:50
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by The-Winkler The-Winkler wrote:

This is a great idea and should give us a well overdue studio album from one of the greats, Yours truly will be singing backing vocals on the new Caravan album


http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/caravan?utm_source=mail_out2080&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=artist17171#
 
...oh man I sure hope you can sing just a little. Donīt bother coming here again if you mess up the new Caravan albumLOL
LOL


-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/chopper777/?chartstyle=basicrt10" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: August 16 2013 at 19:42
Originally posted by Einsetumadur Einsetumadur wrote:

Quote
Phenomenal idea !!! 
Though I'd rather pay the money and plug the Hammond into a fuzz-box to get that authentic 'Canterbury sound' - no plastic synth emulations..........


Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Exactly !!!
Einsetumadur, Handshake - something about those fuzzy organ tones (Sinclair, Ratledge, Stewart, Stips, occasional players like Winwood, Lemoine, Ryan) makes my head tingle. 


Posted By: octopus-4
Date Posted: August 28 2013 at 09:28
I would add the acid of a Farfisa Organ

-------------
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.


Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: September 18 2013 at 09:49
Well looks like its happening, I just exchanged emails with Pye Hastings and I'll heading to Canterbury on the 28th October for a morning session in the studio with Pye and then off to Camel at The Barbican in London, its going to be a busy and very exciting day


Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: September 18 2013 at 13:10
^ Hey Wrinkler, e-mail Pye and get a real Hammond with a vintage fuzz-box in the studio for Jan


Posted By: irrelevant
Date Posted: September 19 2013 at 09:34
Originally posted by The-Winkler The-Winkler wrote:

Well looks like its happening, I just exchanged emails with Pye Hastings and I'll heading to Canterbury on the 28th October for a morning session in the studio with Pye and then off to Camel at The Barbican in London, its going to be a busy and very exciting day
Cool. Thumbs Up


-------------

http://superdensecrushloadfactor.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - Superdensecrushloadfactor


Posted By: Chris S
Date Posted: September 19 2013 at 15:31
The Winkler blows a tune. Great way of generating funds for an album. Hats off to Caravan, they have been bllighted by negative record deals in the past.

-------------
Music - The Sound Librarian
...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...


Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: September 20 2013 at 10:44
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ Hey Wrinkler, e-mail Pye and get a real Hammond with a vintage fuzz-box in the studio for Jan




That would be nice wouldn't it, I'll see what I can do


Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: September 20 2013 at 22:56
^ aah, that's 'winkler' (not wrinkler ) Silly me......


Posted By: victor hugo
Date Posted: September 21 2013 at 14:14
Just to give a sad knew. Lindsay Cooper ex-Henry Cow died three days ago. I'm not allowd to make a new topic so someone please give the sad news from a brilliant instrumentist and composer.
Best


Posted By: irrelevant
Date Posted: September 22 2013 at 10:05
^ The news has not gone unnoticed here, a thread was created some days back. So no need to worry about that. 

-------------

http://superdensecrushloadfactor.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - Superdensecrushloadfactor


Posted By: victor hugo
Date Posted: September 23 2013 at 15:37
Thanks.


Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: October 30 2013 at 06:53
So here's my day with Caravan, I know a few of you might be interested in how it all went.

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=95732&PID=4882713#4882713" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=95732&PID=4882713#4882713


Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: October 30 2013 at 07:08
Wow, wow and WOW !! You are one lucky Winkler !!


Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: October 30 2013 at 13:38
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Wow, wow and WOW !! You are one lucky Winkler !!


yes I am Tom, to get this chance with any band would have been special but with one I love its just a memory that can't be replaced.


Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: October 31 2013 at 00:17
^ Your Blog reads like a fairy-tale


Posted By: The-Winkler
Date Posted: November 01 2013 at 13:46
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ Your Blog reads like a fairy-tale


It surely was Tom


Posted By: Angie VZ
Date Posted: March 24 2014 at 10:21
I was at the Barbican for Camel that day also! Travelled from Malta.  Great show!  Also, just read your account of your experience with Caravan - really enjoyed reading :)



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk