Forum Description: Discuss and create polls about all types of music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94909
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 06:58
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Songs You Never Want to Hear Again
Posted By: deafmoon
Subject: Songs You Never Want to Hear Again
Date Posted: August 20 2013 at 16:23
I'll start it off ...Dream Theater's The Enemy Within.

-------------
Deafmoon

Replies:
Posted By: The.Crimson.King
Date Posted: August 20 2013 at 22:49
Styx - Babe
Genesis - Follow You Follow Me
Yes - Onward
Kansas - It Takes a Womans Love to Make a Man
The Beatles - Got to Get You into My Life
The Doors - Riders on the Storm
King Crimson - Sleepless
...too many more to mention Disapprove 

-------------
https://wytchcrypt.wixsite.com/mutiny-in-jonestown" rel="nofollow - Mutiny in Jonestown : Progressive Rock Since 1987

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: August 20 2013 at 22:51
A whole bunch of songs by The Beatles. Too many to list.

A few songs by Aerosmith, ESPECIALLY their cover of "Come Together."

Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love." Seriously. Enough, already.

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: August 20 2013 at 22:59
^ I still enjoy WLL but the studio version of Stairway makes me ill

Van Halen's 'Jump'
Blondie's recording of 'The Tide is High'
and sadly Lennon's 'Imagine'

Posted By: Polymorphia
Date Posted: August 20 2013 at 23:01
Rammstein. Anything by Rammstein.

Posted By: Dayvenkirq
Date Posted: August 20 2013 at 23:33
 - Bob Dylan - "Like A Rolling Stone"

- All the s$%t they play on the local 104.5 Reno's rock station, from Three Days Grace, Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day; it's sickening. And I have to listen to all this at work. Even if it's Tool.

Think this should be good for now.

Posted By: mongofa
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 00:04
20th Millenia Quadrophenoid Woman

-------------

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 00:45
Anything by the 'Fine Young Cannibals' - that singer makes we wanna slash my wrists AngryAngry

Posted By: Metalmarsh89
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 01:10
As far as prog goes, I can't think of a single song I disliked so much that I wouldn't want to hear it again, ever. Excluding certain genres I don't like (pop, rap, dub-step, country, etc.) Lou Reed is the one artist I'd rather not ever hear again.

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 01:12
taab

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Posted By: sukmytoe
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 01:25
Europe's The Final Countdown 

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 01:50
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Anything by the 'Fine Young Cannibals' - that singer makes we wanna slash my wrists AngryAngry

Yes.

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 01:56
Originally posted by sukmytoe sukmytoe wrote:

yepLOL

Smoke On The Water
I Know What I Like And Like What I Know
Battle Of Epping Forest
More Fool Me
(btw I'm not being ironic here , I don't mind over the top cheesy stuff but I don't like DULL)
Anything by The Doors

and non prog my top of the I would like it destroyed and removed from existence for all time

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life 
AAARGGHHH!!

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 07:25
anything by Madonna (no kidding)
anything by The Clash
Moxy V
Van Morrison-Moondance
Don Mclean-American Pie
David Bowie-China Girl

and as far as prog goes
Caravan-Golf Girl
Yes-Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 07:43
That generic indie pop song style, usually with a somewhat ironic retro vibe (e.g. token hammond organ sound, reverbed surf guitar, etc), used in commercials to market new technological gadgets, to hone in on the young hip crowd.  Usually has a coquettish female singer singing wordless vocals.  You know the commercials I mean.

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 07:46
As for particular songs I never want to hear again, I actually have a great deal of control over what I listen to, so I have avoided getting sick of anything really.  I could just list classic rock songs I don't like, but some of them I haven't heard for years anyway, so there's not much point.

I will second David's nomination of Lennon's "Imagine", though.  I love the Beatles and John is one of the 5 rock people I'd most like to have met, but I never cared for his solo albums and that song in particular grates on me.

-------------

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: Cactus Choir
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 07:49
Stairway to Heaven is an obvious one as it's been over-played to death.
Peter Sarstedt - Where Do You Go To My Lovely? The lyrics make me cringe, though I do like the follow-up Frozen Orange Juice.
Anything by Canuck caterwauler Alanis Morissette, I think I am actually allergic to her.
Anything by Stock, Aitken and Waterman. With a name like that they should have been an ace Prog power trio instead of purveyors of cheesy 80s s%*t.

Struggling to think of any Prog that makes me groan when I hear it, though maybe some early Rush where Geddy Lee squeals too much.

Richard, I can't believe you hate everything by The Doors!

-------------
"And now...on the drums...Mick Underwooooooooood!!!"

"He's up the pub"

Posted By: AlexDOM
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 09:08
Originally posted by sukmytoe sukmytoe wrote:

:(

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 09:30
[QUOTE=deafmoon]I'll start it off ...

The song about the PA never being happy with anything, and someone always hating something!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 09:46
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

The song about the PA never being happy with anything, and someone always hating something!
Including hating when we do that. Wink

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: Ambient Hurricanes
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 10:16
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

coquettish

Yay someone else likes this word Smile

-------------
I love dogs, I've always loved dogs

Posted By: the lighthouse keepe
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 10:38
Any song by ONE DIRECTION, and Time Stand Still by Rush (hate the female backing vocals)

Posted By: King Manuel
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 13:45
Disco Queen by Pain of Salvation
Providence and Catfood by King Crimson
The Story of Ovo by Peter Gabriel
I'm the guy by Spock's Beard
Benny the Bouncer by ELP

and anything by Abba!

-------------
Don't Bore Us, Get To The Chorus

Posted By: Michael678
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 14:19
yes, anything related to like hip hop or pop makes me wanna hurl. either than that, i got nothin.

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 14:31

That generic indie pop song style, usually with a somewhat ironic retro vibe (e.g. token hammond organ sound, reverbed surf guitar, etc), used in commercials to market new technological gadgets, to hone in on the young hip crowd.  Usually has a coquettish female singer singing wordless vocals.  You know the commercials I mean.
Or a 2/4 feel on acoustic guitar complete with glockenspiel, handclaps, and gang vocal "oh's" with glottal stops.

Posted By: Neelus
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 14:38
Can't all those pretty pop singing girls do something better with their instruments?

-------------

Posted By: Luna
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 14:50
Selling England by the Pound

-------------
https://aprilmaymarch.bandcamp.com/track/the-badger" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 16:16
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

Or a 2/4 feel on acoustic guitar complete with glockenspiel, handclaps, and gang vocal "oh's" with glottal stops.
Bingo.  You know what I'm talkin' about.

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 16:17
YMCA.

-------------

Posted By: Ambient Hurricanes
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 16:17

In a recent songwriting session I put something like this smack dab in the middle of an acoustic jazz/progressive tune. Evil Smile

-------------
I love dogs, I've always loved dogs

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 16:19
Originally posted by Ambient Hurricanes Ambient Hurricanes wrote:

In a recent songwriting session I put something like this smack dab in the middle of an acoustic jazz/progressive tune. Evil Smile
But it's cool when you do it.

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: otto pankrock
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 19:21
Anything by Boston or Supertramp.

Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 21:32
Originally posted by Ambient Hurricanes Ambient Hurricanes wrote:

Shocked

Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 01:34
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

anything by The Clash
Moxy V
Van Morrison-Moondance
Don Mclean-American Pie
David Bowie-China Girl

and as far as prog goes
Caravan-Golf Girl

Quite like London Calling by the Clash. They were not my favourite punk band though (The Stranglers or Siouxsie and the Banshees)

Van Morrison yep. Grumpy old b*****d that seems to be held in ridiculous reverence yet I only know of one song of his that  I've ever heard

Don McLean maybe a little harsh

Bowie I would probably go for Lets Dance but we are splitting hairs admittedly
Tongue

Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 01:40
Originally posted by Cactus Choir Cactus Choir wrote:

Stairway to Heaven is an obvious one as it's been over-played to death.
Peter Sarstedt - Where Do You Go To My Lovely? The lyrics make me cringe, though I do like the follow-up Frozen Orange Juice.
Anything by Canuck caterwauler Alanis Morissette, I think I am actually allergic to her.
Anything by Stock, Aitken and Waterman. With a name like that they should have been an ace Prog power trio instead of purveyors of cheesy 80s s%*t.

Struggling to think of any Prog that makes me groan when I hear it, though maybe some early Rush where Geddy Lee squeals too much.

Richard, I can't believe you hate everything by The Doors!

I love that Peter Sarstedt songLOL

Alanis has probably made my favourite rock album.I think your allergy to her is similar to mine for the Doors. I love organ as well but I just can't listen to them and have never owned anything by them in any format. Never been remotely tempted. If I hear anything by them on the radio I swithc it off immediately and that station goes on my blacklistSmile

Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 02:31
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

YMCA.
Correct - in fact, anything by this troupe of lunatics is banned for life. Including that ponce who prances around in the Native American Indian get-up Angry - Sick - Dead...............
Damn you, rushfan, you had to bring this YCM crap to my attention (just when I thought I had deleted it from my memory altogether..................(LOL)

Posted By: PhideauxFan
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 02:35
All the progressive rock songs from the 70's. A very bad period for music ! Big smile

Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 05:39
Originally posted by PhideauxFan PhideauxFan wrote:

All the progressive rock songs from the 70's. A very bad period for music ! Big smile

then why the f**k are you here then!?!?!

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 05:41
...and they say Americans don't understand sarcasm. Tongue

-------------
What?

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 06:06
Are you Ready Eddie?
Benny The Bouncer

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Posted By: Moogtron III
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 06:07
I like the Peter Sarstedt song as well and still after 30 years, each time the radio plays Owner Of A Lonely Heart, I still put up the volume.
Songs I never want to hear again: other radio favorites like Black Velvet by Alannah Myles, Take My Breath Away by Berlin and The Time Of Our Lives by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes.
As for prog: I wouldn't know. Prog is not much on the car radio, so I can arrange myself how often I listen to a certain song or not. So there's no danger of "overeating" ("over-hearing").

Posted By: Cactus Choir
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 06:21
LOL Looks like I'm in a minority of one with not liking Mr Sarstedt's magnum opus.

Still think this one is better though!

-------------
"And now...on the drums...Mick Underwooooooooood!!!"

"He's up the pub"

Posted By: notesworth
Date Posted: August 23 2013 at 21:20
The Verve - "Bittersweet Symphony"

Date Posted: August 24 2013 at 02:27
Originally posted by notesworth notesworth wrote:

The Verve - "Bittersweet Symphony"
I've always liked that one even if the strings were ripped off from some Beatles cover album

Most annoying brit pop band for me would be Blur with Oasis not far behind. The Verve were one of the better things to come out of the late 90's imo.

Date Posted: August 24 2013 at 09:46
Also, absolutely anything of Ke$ha's.

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: August 24 2013 at 10:31
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

YMCA.
You nailed it......and any of the other disco dance junk from those times.

Clap

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: silverpot
Date Posted: August 24 2013 at 10:48
Originally posted by Cactus Choir Cactus Choir wrote:

LOL Looks like I'm in a minority of one with not liking Mr Sarstedt's magnum opus.

Still think this one is better though!

No, I agree. Where do you go to was the first song that came to my mind when I thought about this subject. Smile

I'll now nominate Popcorn instead.

Posted By: Metalmarsh89
Date Posted: August 24 2013 at 11:21
Originally posted by Moogtron III Moogtron III wrote:

I like the Peter Sarstedt song as well and still after 30 years, each time the radio plays Owner Of A Lonely Heart, I still put up the volume.
Songs I never want to hear again: other radio favorites like Black Velvet by Alannah Myles, Take My Breath Away by Berlin and The Time Of Our Lives by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes.
As for prog: I wouldn't know. Prog is not much on the car radio, so I can arrange myself how often I listen to a certain song or not. So there's no danger of "overeating" ("over-hearing").

I'm with you there. Anytime I here anything prog air on the radio, I turn up the volume regardless. I also rarely listen to the radio, so I don't let those hit prog songs become overplayed.

Posted By: thellama73
Date Posted: August 25 2013 at 21:56
If I never have to hear anything by the Eagles again, I would be pretty happy.

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2013 at 21:57
Originally posted by Michael678 Michael678 wrote:

prog died in 1969

-------------

Date Posted: August 25 2013 at 23:37
Originally posted by thellama73 thellama73 wrote:

If I never have to hear anything by the Eagles again, I would be pretty happy.

Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 00:33
Annie Lennox, Cher, James Blunt, Adele - all these really get under my skin............couldn't care less if I never heard anything by these folks again..........

Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 03:57
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

prog died in 1969

not quite , ''progressive rock'' died in 1969 and prog started with King CrimsonWink

Posted By: King Manuel
Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 12:11

Annie Lennox, Cher, James Blunt, Adele - all these really get under my skin............couldn't care less if I never heard anything by these folks again..........

Adele, she drives me nuts, she is not a bad singer, but there was a time when she was constantly played in every mall, on every radio station, at every opportunity by my wife, ... too much exposure to a substances causes allergies!

I have to admit, I really dig James Blunt!

-------------
Don't Bore Us, Get To The Chorus

Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 19:51
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

prog died in 1969

not quite , ''progressive rock'' died in 1969 and prog started with King CrimsonWink

............they mean the same damn thing ya know!!!

Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 19:54
^ No, they aren't, you know. Richard was just joshing us.

Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 19:54

prog died in 1969

what is prog

what is progressive rock

what is difference

who was the first

-------------

Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 20:13

prog died in 1969

what is prog

what is progressive rock

what is difference

who was the first
Who is the first? Well, Tera Melos is certainly not the last, Mr. Prog-is-dead. Wink

Posted By: geneyesontle
Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 20:18
If you stay in prog, anything from Trout Mask Replica . Pure unlistenable noise. If not, there's a whole lot of garbage I don't wanna hear anymore.

-------------
Poseidon wants to Acquire the Taste of the Fragile Lamb
- Derek Adrian Gabriel Anderson, singer of the band Geneyesontle

Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 20:31

prog died in 1969

what is prog

what is progressive rock

what is difference

who was the first
Who is the first? Well, Tera Melos is certainly not the last, Mr. Prog-is-dead. Wink

Tera Melos invented prog in 1942.

Hopefully this statement makes you realize my other posts were nonsense :3

-------------

Date Posted: August 26 2013 at 21:50
Embarrassed

Tera Melos invented prog in 1942.

Must've stolen the Flower Kings' time machine...

Posted By: irrelevant
Date Posted: August 27 2013 at 04:24
Originally posted by geneyesontle geneyesontle wrote:

If you stay in prog, anything from Trout Mask Replica . Pure unlistenable noise. If not, there's a whole lot of garbage I don't wanna hear anymore.

Trout Mask is rock, not noise, silly. Tongue

Oh, I thought of one today. That "son of a gun we're gonna have big fun on the bayou" song. Wouldn't care if I never heard that again. 

Can't really think of a prog example. 

-------------
https://gabebuller.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - New album!
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385

Date Posted: August 27 2013 at 15:17
I forget the name of the group here, but the song which has all this bullsh*t at the beginning and the first line is "wake up kids, we got the dreamer's disease...." Makes me f**king puke when I hear that through the muzak at work....
I want to get the master tapes and every format it appears on and put it all in a nuclear capsule and send it to the farthest reaches of the universe for disintegration............
......yeah, the next time that song comes on will be too soon

Date Posted: August 27 2013 at 15:33
^ What's your occupation? They don't let you put your headphones/earbuds on?

Date Posted: August 27 2013 at 15:46
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

^ What's your occupation? They don't let you put your headphones/earbuds on?
Your friendly, neighbourhood grocery store. Work sux but I need the bucks - no earbuds allowed......
On the rare occasion, they play Hawkwind's 'Silver Machine'
Still, that song I mentioned is 100% crapola and one of the worst songs, if not THE worst song I've ever heard. Makes The Black Eyed Peas sound Prog (almost)

Date Posted: August 27 2013 at 15:48

Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: August 27 2013 at 15:52
Google search came up with the New Radicals' You Get What You Give. 

I can't say that I have heard that one based off of the band name and song title. 

YouTubed it and yep I have heard that before.  'Twas OK.

-------------

Date Posted: August 27 2013 at 15:58
^ Same here. The first time I've ever heard it, though. They sound like an electrified version of Carole King. LOL

Date Posted: August 28 2013 at 01:09
New Radicals, free radicals, whatever.....can't stand that song. I'm sure the lead singer would puke upon hearing Magma

Date Posted: August 28 2013 at 01:10

Date Posted: August 28 2013 at 01:20
Thankfully, I didn't hear the song today .......   although I heard a Graham Bonnet song that drives me up the wall, something about 'Baby Blue' - just another idiotic song I don't care for - incidentally, I always thought that it was Peter Frampton.......

Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: August 29 2013 at 06:56
Hey Tom, give a close listen the next time on your work radio you hear the Ronan Keating songs `Life Is A Rollercoaster' and `Lovin' Each Day'...they were written by that same New Radicals singer Gregg Alexander, and you can hear plenty of the same harmonies and structure that song you LOVE so much has!

Actually, I remember those Radicals had a second song called (I think) `Someday We'll Know', which was not quite as bad. I'd still never want to hear it again, but it was blandly pleasant and catchy.

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: August 29 2013 at 19:04

Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

anything by The Clash
Moxy V
Van Morrison-Moondance
Don Mclean-American Pie
David Bowie-China Girl

and as far as prog goes
Caravan-Golf Girl

Quite like London Calling by the Clash. They were not my favourite punk band though (The Stranglers or Siouxsie and the Banshees)

Van Morrison yep. Grumpy old b*****d that seems to be held in ridiculous reverence yet I only know of one song of his that  I've ever heard

Don McLean maybe a little harsh

Bowie I would probably go for Lets Dance but we are splitting hairs admittedly
Tongue

I quite enjoy "Rock The Casbah" by The Clash, particularly in these times! 

Our only rock FM station anymore, WLUP-FM, may as well call themselves "All Led Zeppelin, All The Time!"  yeesh!  Enough already! 

The other stuff they beat to death are "Dark Side of the Moon," if I hear "Money" again I'll hurl!  

Mind you, I play all that stuff on guitar and bass, but it is just so mindless....the DJs have no imagination at all.  Zero.

Posted By: Xonty
Date Posted: August 30 2013 at 03:30
Mainly because I've heard them way too much:

Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
Back In Black - AC/DC (amongst others)
Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
Walk This Way - Aerosmith
Every Rihanna song that is known to exist

Date Posted: August 30 2013 at 03:42
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Hey Tom, give a close listen the next time on your work radio you hear the Ronan Keating songs `Life Is A Rollercoaster' and `Lovin' Each Day'...they were written by that same New Radicals singer Gregg Alexander, and you can hear plenty of the same harmonies and structure that song you LOVE so much has!

Actually, I remember those Radicals had a second song called (I think) `Someday We'll Know', which was not quite as bad. I'd still never want to hear it again, but it was blandly pleasant and catchy.
You seem to know a lot about this - hmmm, 'outfit'. Why ???

Posted By: Aussie-Byrd-Brother
Date Posted: August 30 2013 at 05:03

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

You seem to know a lot about this - hmmm, 'outfit'. Why ???

I vaguely recall seeing some interview with that main guy years ago, maybe like on some dogsh*t `Video Hits' type show or something. What's worse than that is that I actually remembered that information!

Anyway, I'm off to hit myself in the head with a hammer, try to forget some stuff!

Posted By: otto pankrock
Date Posted: September 04 2013 at 10:16
I've got everyone beat. Those from Canada will know it...Seasons in the Sun, by Terri Jacks.

Date Posted: September 04 2013 at 10:20
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

....the DJs have no imagination at all.  Zero.

Sadly, I suspect a lot of them have plenty of imagination -- they are just forbidden to use it.

So change that to "station managers" or whoever their corporate puppeteers are, and that's prob more like it.

-------------

-Kehlog Albran

Date Posted: September 04 2013 at 10:31

....the DJs have no imagination at all.  Zero.

Sadly, I suspect a lot of them have plenty of imagination -- they are just forbidden to use it.

So change that to "station managers" or whoever their corporate puppeteers are, and that's prob more like it.
They only follow what the market says, so change that to "mainstream culture."

And they get their taste in music from the radio...

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: September 04 2013 at 10:34
.......and the radio gets it's taste from small girls with a deep desire to pole-dance the night away.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: The.Crimson.King
Date Posted: September 04 2013 at 23:50
Originally posted by otto pankrock otto pankrock wrote:

I've got everyone beat. Those from Canada will know it...Seasons in the Sun, by Terri Jacks.

We had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun but the wine and the song like the seasons now are gone...ARGH...Make it Stop Head on wall

-------------
https://wytchcrypt.wixsite.com/mutiny-in-jonestown" rel="nofollow - Mutiny in Jonestown : Progressive Rock Since 1987

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 01:40
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

Originally posted by otto pankrock otto pankrock wrote:

We had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun but the wine and the song like the seasons now are gone...ARGH...Make it Stop Head on wall

Well, I like that one  Embarrassed (ducks)
It was a modest hit in the Netherlands (my country of birth) in 1973.
Haven't heard it in a very long time.
Even our nostalgia radio stations seem to have forgotten about it.
Does it still get a lot of airplay in Canada?

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 05:34
I'm Canadian, and actually i like the song.
        It only currently gets airplay on stations that specialize in older hits, and even in those cases, not much.

Posted By: Nighteyes
Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 06:11
Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness.  Urgh.  I love Maiden but I've always hated this song with a passion, so poppy and sing-songy.

Yes - The Remembering High The Memory.  I like the first and last tracks from TFTO but this song grates my nerves in a really terrible way.  I don't mind some 'meandering' prog (when its well played and interesting) but this song feels like it goes nowhere for 20+ minutes and does nothing for me... Track 3 from TFTO isn't much better IMHO.

Genesis - The Waiting Room / Supernatural Anaesthest / Ravine / Silent Sorrow.  All of these are just annoying fillers, I understand why they exist (for the live performances) but on the studio album of the Lamb they are very annoying to me.  The Waiting Room especially is like torture.  Maybe I'm hearing something different to other people!  Annoyingly this means I often skip disc 2 when listening to the lamb because I can't be botherered to keep skipping tracks...... :-(

Camel - Freefall.  I absolutely love Mirage, its one of my top albums, but not this song... Just doesn't do it for me...

I'm sure there are loads of others.  I guess with prog, a genre with so many highs there are going to be quite a few lows to balance it all out...

Posted By: AtomicCrimsonRush
Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 06:14
Oooooooooooooh I hear laughter in the rain, just walking hand in hand with the one i love
Oooooooooooooh how I love the rainy days, and the happy way I feel inside

Dead

-------------

Posted By: tamijo
Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 06:32
Not much music actualy hurts my ears, especialy if i only have to survive a single track at the time.
But some of those modern POP songs Sick

Music is worse than forgettable.
Lyrics is the most untastefull C-Porn,
(Ella ella, ay ay ay)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella, ay ay ay)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella, ay ay ay)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella, ay ay ay ay, ay ay)

It's pouring rain, it's pouring rain
Come in to me, come in to me
It's pouring rain, it's pouring rain
Come in to me, come in to me

-------------
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours

Posted By: AtomicCrimsonRush
Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 06:55
also:

Dont tear my heart my achy breaky heart... i just dont think you understand....
cos if you tear my heart my achy breaky heart. you might grow up to kill this man

HATE THAT!!!!!!

its by Billy Ray Cyrus

or perhaps its Silly Gay VirusLOL

-------------

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 14:00
I see that the Terry Jacks song is originally Belgian, from Jacques Brel ("Le Moribund"), just like his other hit (in The Netherlands at least): If You Go Away, which I like too. That one is from Jacques Brel most famous (world famous!) song Ne Me Quitte Pas.

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 14:05
I could comfortably live without hearing "Macarena" ever again!

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 14:57
"I'm a star in New York, I'm a star in LA!"-god that song drives me up the wall

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 15:02

I could comfortably live without hearing "Macarena" ever again!
I could just see you folding your arms to that one, Chuck!

Date Posted: September 05 2013 at 15:09
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

.......and the radio gets it's taste from small girls with a deep desire to pole-dance the night away.
I was trying to imply that it was an endless cycle (going back to DJs then to record execs, etc.), but you just had to mess it up. LOL

Posted By: Lady_fantasy
Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 03:27
Any guns n' roses song. I just don't like them, and I really hate when some people says " Guns and roses are the best band in the world" DeadDead
"Enter sandman " by Metallica 
Any Metalcore song
Any grindcore  song
Any  modern pop song.
Any  Posion song.

etc
etc
etc 

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 05:17
Summer of '69 

-------------
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 06:24
Originally posted by irrelevant irrelevant wrote:

Summer of '69 
Most anything by Bryan Adams - sure, he plays the guitar well, but that massed vocal sh*te he's always blaring (courtesy of Mutt Lange's production) really does my head in. Same goes for that Hysteric Def Leppard album - sounds like they're singing from their gonads.............

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 06:47
Also, wouldn't care if I never heard Cold Chisel's "Khe Sanh" again. When it comes on at parties and people sing along it's cringeworthy stuff. 

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 07:05
^ Man that Barnesy is a pretty profound bloke eh ??

Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 07:13

^ Man that Barnesy is a pretty profound bloke eh ??
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARNESY!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: tamijo
Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 08:04
Come to think of it, that korean hit with the cowboy dance, i can live without ever hearing that again.

-------------
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: September 06 2013 at 14:39
Songs I never wan't to hear again..?

Just about anything that my 12 yr old grand daughter listens to.

Wink

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk