Print Page | Close Window

Bebop Deluxe

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Other music related lounges
Forum Name: Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
Forum Description: Discuss bands and albums classified as Proto-Prog and Prog-Related
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94923
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 17:00
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Bebop Deluxe
Posted By: the lighthouse keepe
Subject: Bebop Deluxe
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 11:01
Any fans of this crossover/ prog group?
Which albums are to be listened too?

Replies:
Posted By: irrelevant
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 11:09
Great band. I recommend Modern Music and Sunburst Finish if you want some good highly accessible prog pop/rock. The others didn't immediately grab me, but try them for yourself.  

-------------
https://gabebuller.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - New album!
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385

Posted By: Lord Jagged
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 14:34

Long time fan here - I bought the albums as they were released on vinyl back in the day.

I'd go along with Sunburst Finish, but as you can get the "Futurist Manifesto" box set which covers 90% of BBD output (excluding for some reason the fantastic  "Live In The Air Age") for very little money, I'd buy that if I were you.

Bill Nelson's post BBD career is equally of note - he's extremely prolific so if you're interested you might want to ask the man himself for recommendations over here:

http://www.billnelson.com/html/park/inn.php" rel="nofollow - http://www.billnelson.com/html/park/inn.php

Incidentally a new box set "Be Bop Deluxe At The BBC" is about to be released at the end of September which is a three CD, one DVD set. Already ordered mine... Wink

-------------
Dead Souls In The Rear View Mirror Hitch A Ride For A While..

Posted By: akamaisondufromage
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 14:54
Yes agree totally with the honourable Jagged . Get the cheapo box set even if you don't like all of it (which I do) it is a bargain.

Didn't know about the BEEB set I will be buying that certainly.

-------------
Help me I'm falling!

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 20:18
Originally posted by irrelevant irrelevant wrote:

Great band. I recommend Modern Music and Sunburst Finish if you want some good highly accessible prog pop/rock. The others didn't immediately grab me, but try them for yourself.  

^
those are the two I have on vinyl but I like the best of/anthology on cd called Raiding the Divine Archive.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: thellama73
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 20:50
One of my favorite groups. All the albums are great with the exception of Axe Music which is a bit derivative and lacking in a signature voice. My personal favorite is Drastic Plastic, which is more oriented towards the post-punk style Nelson would turn to afterwards, but if you like Glam Rock, Sunburst Finish is awesome.

-------------

Posted By: stegor
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 22:47
I happen to love Axe Victim. It's the first BBD album I heard and it really grabbed me, along with the cover. It's a little different from the rest, different band and direction. Kind of glammy.

Every Be Bop Deluxe album has songs that I love and songs that I don't. They always had the uncanny ability to make albums that I absolutely love half of and am bored by the other half.

Bill Nelson is one of my favorite guitarists and vocalists though. I think After the Satellite Sings is my favorite of his solo albums, and I like it more than any Be Bop Deluxe album.

Posted By: The.Crimson.King
Date Posted: August 21 2013 at 23:01
I love "Axe Victim" and think it makes a great pair with "Live in the Air Age" (I always preferred the live versions of the songs from "Sunburst Finish").  As far as Bill Nelson solo albums, I've heard a few and prefer "Sound on Sound".  

-------------
https://wytchcrypt.wixsite.com/mutiny-in-jonestown" rel="nofollow - Mutiny in Jonestown : Progressive Rock Since 1987

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 00:51
Love this band! I remember a thread about them not so long ago.
My favorite album is Futurama, but I think all of them are good, the only one I don't like so much is Drastic Plastic.

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 01:20
...I don't think I've ever heard the band & should check 'em out! 

However, I do rather enjoy this album cover!  

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 01:22
Originally posted by Lord Jagged Lord Jagged wrote:

Long time fan here - I bought the albums as they were released on vinyl back in the day.

I'd go along with Sunburst Finish, but as you can get the "Futurist Manifesto" box set which covers 90% of BBD output (excluding for some reason the fantastic  "Live In The Air Age") for very little money, I'd buy that if I were you.

Bill Nelson's post BBD career is equally of note - he's extremely prolific so if you're interested you might want to ask the man himself for recommendations over here:

http://www.billnelson.com/html/park/inn.php" rel="nofollow - http://www.billnelson.com/html/park/inn.php

Incidentally a new box set "Be Bop Deluxe At The BBC" is about to be released at the end of September which is a three CD, one DVD set. Already ordered mine... Wink

bugger, something else I have to have and I already have about £170 of other bands stuff on pre order as it is

Agree with everything in the post, OP's question sortedApprove

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 06:24
You wouldn't go far wrong if you started with Live in the Air Age.

Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 06:31
Some helpful suggestions here.
Are there any other artists that are similar in style,and Bill Nelson solo output ? Is that worth checking out?

Posted By: thellama73
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 07:21
Originally posted by the lighthouse keepe the lighthouse keepe wrote:

Are there any other artists that are similar in style,and Bill Nelson solo output ? Is that worth checking out?

Bill Nelson's solo work is absolutely worth checking out. It's more experimental and less guitar focused, but no less good. I only have three of his solo records, but Sound on Sound is incredibly good. Sort of a bridge between BBD and his later work.

-------------

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 07:52
Originally posted by thellama73 thellama73 wrote:

Bill Nelson's solo work is absolutely worth checking out. It's more experimental and less guitar focused, but no less good. I only have three of his solo records, but Sound on Sound is incredibly good. Sort of a bridge between BBD and his later work.
...and Quit Dreaming And Get On Tne Beam was the poppier end of that bridge, but still a good album

-------------
What?

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 08:16
Originally posted by thellama73 thellama73 wrote:

Yes, Bill Nelson's Red Noise are worth checking out. I recently re-discovered Sound on Sound, very good album, particularly Revolt Into Style.

Posted By: johnobvious
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 11:13
I just picked up Sunburst Finish. My first exposure to the band but I haven't listened to it yet.Unhappy

-------------
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday

Posted By: Snow Dog
Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 11:30
[QUOTE=The.Crimson.King] I love "Axe Victim" and think it makes a great pair with "Live in the Air Age" (I always preferred the live versions of the songs from "Sunburst Finish").  As far as Bill Nelson solo albums, I've heard a few and prefer "Sound on Sound".   [/QUOTE

Not technically a solo album as he was trying to start a new band. I quibble however.

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/Snow_Dog" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: August 22 2013 at 20:37
God I love this song.

Date Posted: August 23 2013 at 22:39
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

I love "Axe Victim" and think it makes a great pair with "Live in the Air Age" (I always preferred the live versions of the songs from "Sunburst Finish").  As far as Bill Nelson solo albums, I've heard a few and prefer "Sound on Sound".  

Not technically a solo album as he was trying to start a new band. I quibble however.

Didn't know that.  Guess that's why it's listed under "Bill Nelson's Red Noise".  Did they do anything after this album or did it fall apart before a tour?

-------------
https://wytchcrypt.wixsite.com/mutiny-in-jonestown" rel="nofollow - Mutiny in Jonestown : Progressive Rock Since 1987

Date Posted: August 23 2013 at 23:25
I believe it was the only Red Noise album, but it seems to me members of the band were on later solo albums. I remember being disappointed when it came out because it was so jagged. I always loved his smoothness (like the video above) and didn't so much like the angularity of Drastic Plastic, which Red Noise amped up considerably. It grew on me though.

Date Posted: August 23 2013 at 23:57
^Angular is a great description of Red Noise Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2013 at 03:51

Didn't know that.  Guess that's why it's listed under "Bill Nelson's Red Noise".  Did they do anything after this album or did it fall apart before a tour?

They did tour. I was at the first gig! It was brilliant!

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2013 at 14:21
Where Bill Nelson's solo output is concerned it might be a good idea to raise a note of caution.

The man blasts out albums like a dysentery patient on his death bed - up to four albums a year.

Most artists struggle to compile enough good material for one release a year, let alone four. Quantity and quality rarely go hand in hand and such is the case here - much of it sounds similar and a little goes a long long way. Do some research and see how each release is reviewed before buying.

Caveat Emptor

-------------

Date Posted: August 24 2013 at 17:41
Originally posted by Lord Jagged Lord Jagged wrote:

Where Bill Nelson's solo output is concerned it might be a good idea to raise a note of caution.

The man blasts out albums like a dysentery patient on his death bed - up to four albums a year.

Most artists struggle to compile enough good material for one release a year, let alone four. Quantity and quality rarely go hand in hand and such is the case here - much of it sounds similar and a little goes a long long way. Do some research and see how each release is reviewed before buying.

Caveat Emptor

Four albums in a year! 
I bet he drinks " Carling Black Label !"
Anyway thanks for the info.

Date Posted: August 24 2013 at 23:33

That's cool.  Do you recall if any well known players were in the touring band?

-------------

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: August 25 2013 at 09:57
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

...I don't think I've ever heard the band & should check 'em out! 

However, I do rather enjoy this album cover!  

You are missing an excellent guitarist and song writing.

Excellent band all around. Can't say "progressive", but by today's standards for so much crap, this would be "prog" at least!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Date Posted: August 25 2013 at 14:59

That's cool.  Do you recall if any well known players were in the touring band?

As far as I recall it was the exact same band as on the album. But maybe the drummer was new/ I am not really sure.

-------------

Posted By: BrufordFreak
Date Posted: August 27 2013 at 20:01
Stegor:  THAnKS for that YouTube post! AWESOME AMAZING BEAUTIFUL SONG! What is it? Where is it from?

-------------
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/

Date Posted: August 30 2013 at 13:04
Adventures in a Yorkshire Landscape is from Axe Victim, although a much shorter version. Still every bit as good. His guitar solo is one of my favorites ever, and his singing and the lyrics make it one of my favorite songs of all time. I have a thing about songs written about places in the UK. Never been there but I've always felt like I belong there.

Date Posted: August 30 2013 at 13:15
Aren't Be-Bop Deluxe in crossover? 

-------------
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385" rel="nofollow - http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=7385

Date Posted: September 02 2013 at 10:39
As an aside Mr Nelson has a new album out - Albion Dream Vortex. Here are his listening notes:

BILL NELSON: 'ALBION DREAM VORTEX.' THE LISTENING NOTES.

'Albion Dream Vortex' is an instrumental album blending guitars and keyboards in a variety of styles. It contains subtle references to instrumental music I've made throughout my career, embracing ambient, electronic, vintage and modern, wrapped up in a dream-like vortex of sound.
The word 'Albion,' for me, signifies the post-World War 2 era I grew up in. It also reminds me of a company called 'Albion Motors' who built art-deco styled buses in the 1930s and '40s. But 'Albion' is actually the oldest known name for the island of England and inevitably conjures up swirling spirits from the mysterious past.

The subject of dreams, their nature and purpose, has fascinated me since childhood. Dreams have also been a recurring motif in my creative life, and will continue to be so until, somewhere in the future, I will become little more than a flickering, ghostly dream of myself...atoms of memory, spluttering and sparkling like tiny fireworks in a long ago November sky.

We inhabit two worlds, one of which we assign to reality and the other to dreams. Our lives are spent half awake and half asleep, adrift in realms of reason and unreason. The boundary between these realms, for the artist, is often deliberately blurred, nebulous, ambiguous. Yet our creative imagination holds the ticket that allows us to travel between these two states and permits mysterious goods to be imported and exported. This luminous traffic, this flickering mystery, is the foundation of 'Albion Dream Vortex.'

Track 1: 'Thought Bubble Number 1.'

An opening, an introduction. Shiny, chrome-plated guitars breaking through a grey veil, pushed by percussion...A brief taste of something always just out of reach.

Track 2: 'Behold These Present Days.'

Percussion looping back in time to 'After The Satellite Sings.' Voice samples trapped like insects in amber...a simple, brief burst of synthetic energy. Ice skating on the frozen river of time. The present day lost to the past.

Track 3: 'Like A Boat In The Blue.'

Aching guitar, the melancholy sound of six philosophical strings underpinning a found-voice sample. Tubular Bells and ocean sound. Sailor Bill laments beneath an ancient lighthouse.

Track 4: 'Sparky And The Spearmint Moon.'

Sparky may be perceived as the character featured in 'Sparky's Magic Piano,' and 'Sparky's Magic Echo,' children's records which often played on the BBC's Saturday morning 'Children's Favourites' radio programme in the 1950s and of which I was, as an infant, quite fond...but the music here has no literal reference to that piece, (other than echoes applied to the guitar sound.). Instead, it presents a mock easy listening experience, Liberace and Mantovani smothered beneath a pink blanket of electric guitar candy floss. Short and, in some ways, violently sweet.

Track 5: 'Tomorrow Will Not Be Too Late.'

More found voices, introduced by a burst of distressed electronica. A music box from Planet X tumbles helplessly over itself as the track's inexorable mad chant reminds us that 'Tomorrow Will Not Be Too Late.' It will, of course, always be far too late, yet the voice sample presents us with a sort of kitsch and surreal optimism. Ghostly voices at the track's conclusion try to console us but ultimately only serve to underline the disembodied and temporary nature of our brief lives. It's a cheerful tune about a melancholy subject.

Track 6: 'Start Beaming And Get On The Gleam.'

An obvious variation on the title of an old early 1980s track of mine. ('Quit Dreaming And Get On The Beam.') Actually this piece has no real musical connection with that track but instead heads into more ambient jazz territory...I just liked the play of words on that old title. It opens with a rather melancholy piano section before percussion enters and a chromium guitar excursion kicks in, underpinned by marimba and a bubbling sub-bass pattern. E-bow sections and orchestral counterpoint bring further textures to the piece. Piano mixes in with marimba, Wurlitzer and guitars...the longest track, (so far,) on the album at this point.

Track 7: 'We Who Are Awake Will Not Be Asleep.'

This could be seen as a wilder, more intense development of the mood of 'Like A Boat In The Blue,' but it eventually develops into a sort of filtered, distorted, guitar jig to which brief brass riffs are added before the track's fragmented conclusion. It's ecstatic but intoxicated, maybe possessed by some perverse spirit of electrical pagan revelry.

Track 8: 'Thought Bubble Number 2.'

Remember those old comic books where a character's inner dialogue would be represented by a graphic 'thought bubble'? Well, these thought bubble tracks are a sort of musical equivalent of my own inner dialogue. This one illuminates the darker, foggier corners of my mind's dusty attic. Uncertain, tremulous, slightly spooky. Guitars and radios mess with each other under a moonlit sky.

Track number 9: 'Electrical Adepts Of The Celestial Bed.'

Sex, inevitably, enters stage left...erotica embodied in the opening chords of this slinky, trippy neo-jazz fantasy. Title inspired by words found in a book about William Blake's bedroom life. The ghost of Miles Davis gets horny and shiny whilst Fender Rhodes and Wurlitzer pianos bring the bitches brew to the party...extended improvisation, ethereal interludes, cosmic star-fields and fuzz bass suggest heaven and earth. A weird old wah-wah guitar enters as if Haight-Ashbury was still, after all these years, the centre of the hipster universe...Dissolve to tides of static, moog pitch wheel aberrations...Miles returns as a synthetic ectoplasmic spirit...now is the time to drop the body and transform to radio waves.

Track Number 10: 'The Mastery Of The Thing.'

More found voices...a quiet, reverse collage of guitars underpinned by trippy percussion...”Higher and higher” the voice urges us...Guitars alternate between forward and reverse gears, chromium, liquid, tuned mercury. Strange.

Track Number 11: 'Albion Dream Vortex.'

The absolute heart and soul of the album, the hidden pearl at its centre. This is the track that birthed the entire album. It's one of those neo-classical adventures that I embark on from time to time, poignant and sometimes sad, yet uplifting, bright and optimistic. An embrace, an affirmation...strings, electric piano, acoustic piano, found sounds, music boxes, church bells, ethereal choirs, cellos, oboes, English horns, electronica...a ten minute sixteen second symphony from my heart to yours.

Track Number 12: 'Thought Bubble Number 3.'

Back to guitars. Filtered, delayed, set to sail on some far distant, slow cosmic surf. An ancient 1980s drum machine rattles and claps beneath as if the 21st Century never actually arrived.
Dissolves in a pool of shimmering electric piano. Brief...an interlude.

Track Number 13: 'Long Ago By Moonlit Sea.'

Eleven minutes and thirteen seconds of slowly evolving fantasy...a drift, a flow, a hovering, angelic cloud of lights. Persevere...it goes through change after change. Beauty rewards patience...this one swims deep.

Track Number 14: 'Let Us Melt And Make No Noise.'

A fitting conclusion...to both this album and our time as actors employed in the theatre of Planet Earth. A found voice urges us to 'Melt and make no noise...” Guitar sounds slide in and out. Buzzy, electro-static percussion enters and soon fades, an electronic ocean of sonic textures, re-tuned radios, distant echoes and close whispers. A kind of conclusion...but far from absolute.

Available over on his website should you want a copy. His instrumental work is particularly good so I'm looking forward to hearing it.

http://www.billnelson.com/html/store/index.php" rel="nofollow - http://www.billnelson.com/html/store/index.php

-------------

Date Posted: October 02 2013 at 14:25
Currently listening to the Live At The BBC box set. On the 2nd disc. Nice stuff , very good quality recordings as you would expect. Haven't got to the DVD yet ..saving it for Friday when I'm perfectly chilled with a nice beverage by my side.Beer

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: October 02 2013 at 21:35
No one has mentioned his ambient electronic soundscapes that are very Enoesque.....I really like his 2cd Chance Encounters In The Garden Of Light.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Date Posted: October 07 2013 at 02:00
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Currently listening to the Live At The BBC box set. On the 2nd disc. Nice stuff , very good quality recordings as you would expect. Haven't got to the DVD yet ..saving it for Friday when I'm perfectly chilled with a nice beverage by my side.Beer

The live DVD is a bit disappointing to me. The OGWT performances and the Sight Sound and Sound clips are quite short and there is not one performance of Blazing Apostles annoyingly. You do get Ships In The Night , Maid In Heaven and Fair Exchange but too many tracks from Drastic Plastic for my liking although Sight and Sound also includes Panic In The World.
On the plus side the band are amazing ,especially the drummer.

Posted By: Jbird
Date Posted: October 07 2013 at 08:51
Only album I've heard is Axe Victim, and I think it's pretty decent stuff. I'm not familiar with anything else.

Date Posted: October 14 2013 at 15:55
Originally posted by Jbird Jbird wrote:

Only album I've heard is Axe Victim, and I think it's pretty decent stuff. I'm not familiar with anything else.

Futurama and Sunburst Finish are stronger albums and generally regarded as their 'classics'.

Date Posted: October 20 2013 at 22:11
Futurama was produced by Roy Thomas Baker so it has a very Queen-ish sound. Not necessarily bad, but some songs (the 2 epic ones) seem overproduced to me. They even made Bill look like Freddy on the back cover.

Posted By: Intruder
Date Posted: November 14 2013 at 12:24
Axe Victim is, IMO, their best....Jets at Dawn!  Wish they had put that on the Live LP.  Futurama is probably their proggiest and Sunburnt their most popular, but I think the first two really define BBD.  Sunburnt seems aimed at the Top 40....I even think Ships in the Night reached Top 10 in the UK.  All three, plus the live LP, are groovy, but the first two are almost essential.

-------------
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....

Posted By: DaleHauskins
Date Posted: November 22 2013 at 23:57

Greetings from San Clemente,California...

As a lifelong professional Los Angeles guitarist,Mr.Bill Nelson was a huge influence on me as a young guitarist who adores solos;(as well as Allan Holdsworth in "Bundles" from Soft Machine).
Both majorly influenced by American blues guitarist I know for a fact.

In Southern California,we had a weekly mega fantastic progressive rock radio show on a local radio station in Long Beach called KNAC by John Clark that played a lot of Be-Bop Deluxe...

Be Bop Deluxe a cross over band? Huh?!

I witnessed as a youth raised in east Los Angeles some of my first concerts in Los Angeles...

One concert was with Be-Bop Deluxe at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium
that the band Styx opened up for.(They were booed off the staged with the crowd yelling "We want Be-Bop,We want Be-Bop !!!")

The other concert was at the Long Beach Arena,and this time Tom Petty opened up for Be-Bop Deluxe,(once again Tom Petty and band was booed off the stage with all the excited crowd chanting over and over "We want Be-Bop,We want Be-Bop !!!")

That evening a friend of mine who worked for Cream Magazine got me backstage after the show.
Mr.Nelson was a gent;and told me the old Gibson 335 he played his father bought it for him as a youngster.
(That changed my out look to my dear elder father that evening ever since.)

I can tell you,Bill Nelson's Be-Bop Deluxe wouldn't be the same without amazing truly talented musicians in his band that made the band's sound...
One is the fantastic mega very true,very nice
and sure New Zealand-born bassist-vocalist Charlie Tumahai (January 14 1949 - December 21 1995);that was sooo sadly cut short in life.
http://www.milesago.com/Features/tumahai.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.milesago.com/Features/tumahai.htm

The other is super ahhsome session English double bass drummer Simon Foxx http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Fox#cite_note-1" rel="nofollow - .

http://www.billnelson.com/usarchives/history/wherearetheynow.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.billnelson.com/usarchives/history/wherearetheynow.htm

Grüessli,Happy Holidays vom Dale,en ufgstellte professional Los Angeles Gitarist us em immer sunnige Californie ! !

-------------
Dale Hauskins
(858) 401-2973
(310) 293-0432
https://artistecard.com/Dalehauskins

Posted By: Chris S
Date Posted: November 23 2013 at 00:39
Thumbs UpClap

-------------
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]

Posted By: Sagichim
Date Posted: November 23 2013 at 02:24
Originally posted by DaleHauskins DaleHauskins wrote:

I can tell you,Bill Nelson's Be-Bop Deluxe wouldn't be the same without amazing truly talented musicians in his band that made the band's sound...
One is the fantastic mega very true,very nice
and sure New Zealand-born bassist-vocalist Charlie Tumahai (January 14 1949 - December 21 1995);that was sooo sadly cut short in life.
http://www.milesago.com/Features/tumahai.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.milesago.com/Features/tumahai.htm

The other is super ahhsome session English double bass drummer Simon Foxx http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Fox#cite_note-1" rel="nofollow - .

http://www.billnelson.com/usarchives/history/wherearetheynow.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.billnelson.com/usarchives/history/wherearetheynow.htm

Nice man! I agree with you Nelson wasn't the only gifted musician in the band, he had one hell of a backing band, Simon Fox and Charlie Tumahai Thumbs Up

Date Posted: November 28 2013 at 01:54
If anyone ever asks me a question along the lines of ' which seventies band should have been way bigger than they were?' then the answer will always be Bebop Deluxe. I suspect they fell between too many different stools to be that successful. Never quite arty enough for the cool audience , not quite heavy enough for the metal heads , not 'recent' enough to ride the punk/new wave band wagon although punk bands liked them. What I find great is that none of their albums have a bad track. You don't need a compilation to filter out the bad tracks. There weren't any!

Date Posted: November 28 2013 at 05:01
^ Yeah, they could have been huge. 

-------------

Posted By: I-Juca Pirama
Date Posted: December 19 2013 at 05:59
Lovely band.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk