Forum Description: General progressive music discussions
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=95777
Printed Date: April 23 2024 at 19:34
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What hapened to Phideaux's Infernal
Posted By: spleenache
Subject: What hapened to Phideaux's Infernal
Date Posted: November 02 2013 at 14:01

Earlier this year there was an announcement of Phideaux's new album Infernal. I have been waiting for it for almost a year but since the announcement there has been no new activity on that front at all. Does anyone know why there has been a delay of almost a year after the announcement.

Replies:
Posted By: Gully Foyle
Date Posted: November 02 2013 at 17:09
Seconded!

I have been waiting with bated breath for the release of Infernal, and salivating over the supposed vinyl Great Leap/Doomsday/Infernal box set

I wrote Phideaux a while back, after the new website debuted, figuring this might be an omen of the new release, but heard nothing.

Hopefully this thread will bring the man himself out of the woodwork.

Posted By: Gallifrey
Date Posted: November 02 2013 at 18:28
It's still in the works, according to his facebook page. He posted the currently finished lyrics a couple of weeks ago, so that suggests the album's nearly finished in terms of composition. But I have no idea how far through they are with recording.

-------------
http://thedarkthird.bandcamp.com/

Posted By: Floyd Steely
Date Posted: November 03 2013 at 10:32
This was a case where someone got waaaaaaay overeager about adding the album to PA. We really should hold off until the thing actually exists, don't you think?

Posted By: proggman
Date Posted: November 03 2013 at 16:35
Yes wait until it has a release date at least.

-------------
When he rides, my fears subside.
For darkness turns once more to light.
Through the skies, his white horse flies.
To find a land beyond the night.

Posted By: Neo-Romantic
Date Posted: November 03 2013 at 18:28
So this album isn't even out, and yet it already has 9 ratings (7 five star, 2 three star). Honestly, this is nonsense. 

Date Posted: November 04 2013 at 10:12
Yes how can an album that isn't even out yet have 9 ratings?

-------------

Posted By: Prog_Traveller
Date Posted: November 04 2013 at 19:21
Really? You guys aren't aware of the fact that in this day and age an album can be "leaked?" 

Date Posted: November 04 2013 at 20:14
Originally posted by Prog_Traveller Prog_Traveller wrote:

Really? You guys aren't aware of the fact that in this day and age an album can be "leaked?" 

It hasn't leaked though. It hasn't even been finished.

-------------

Date Posted: November 04 2013 at 20:16
I don't think the album has been leaked, because according to Phideaux's facebook account the album is in the recording process right now.

-------------

Posted By: Neo-Romantic
Date Posted: November 04 2013 at 22:47
Plus, it wouldn't be the first time this has happened either...

Date Posted: November 05 2013 at 19:32
Probably not the last time as well.

-------------

Posted By: aapatsos
Date Posted: November 07 2013 at 16:40
reported to Admins

Date Posted: November 07 2013 at 16:44
Originally posted by aapatsos aapatsos wrote:

reported to Admins

Good, although please allow rating when the album actually does leak. When the Raven leaked a shocking 6 weeks early, every single rating was being removed and it was just annoying.

-------------

Posted By: johnobvious
Date Posted: November 07 2013 at 17:26
From all I can tell, the guy is a perfectionist who feels the thing can always be tinkered with and improved and couple that with having a real job and you better not get your hopes up that it will be here soon.  Seems like an awesome guy with but one pretty significant character flaw.

-------------
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday

Date Posted: November 07 2013 at 19:56
Originally posted by johnobvious johnobvious wrote:

From all I can tell, the guy is a perfectionist who feels the thing can always be tinkered with and improved and couple that with having a real job and you better not get your hopes up that it will be here soon.  Seems like an awesome guy with but one pretty significant character flaw.

I don't mind this approach, but I always think it's a bad idea to announce things that far out. Tell people about an album when it's done, not while it's being completed, otherwise everyone gets impatient.

-------------

Posted By: LakeGlade12
Date Posted: November 09 2013 at 07:59
^Or it builds up hype and makes people extra eager to get it the moment it comes out. At least, that's what it does to me!

Date Posted: November 09 2013 at 10:22

I see two issues.

1.     Phideaux should not have jumped the gun and announce the album such a long time before actually finishing it. Providing the album name, song list and the album cover prematurely leads to this kind of nonsense by some of our members.

2.       Those individuals who provided ratings for something that does not exist are simply distorting the purpose and function of our rating system. These ratings should be removed from the system. Hopefully Admin will respond to Aapatsos’s notice and act on it.

I would like one or more of those individuals who have rated a non-existent album to respond to this thread and at least explain their perspective so that maybe we can understand what if anything we are missing.

Date Posted: November 09 2013 at 10:34

Interesting, Admin must have cleared the earlier ratings. If I recollect there were 9 ratings now it shows one rating. My guess is Admin cleared the ratings and someone else ( http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=41165" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: aapatsos
Date Posted: November 09 2013 at 10:49
^ yes they have and will act again if required - if you feel it should be removed, you can PM an Admin  Wink

Posted By: progstarmac
Date Posted: December 24 2013 at 12:33
I gave 5 stars to the album because im sure it will be awesome ;-)

Posted By: progstarmac
Date Posted: December 24 2013 at 13:42
Do not be impatient, as a psychologist and future musical production engineer I can say that these projects take time. Cheers!

Posted By: Slartibartfast
Date Posted: December 24 2013 at 17:57
Did it burst into flames?

-------------
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Posted By: tamijo
Date Posted: December 24 2013 at 18:13
Originally posted by progstarmac progstarmac wrote:

Total nonsence Angry

-------------
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours

Posted By: mon40
Date Posted: December 29 2013 at 18:03
Its coming. I saw his last show in the UK. He promised the others in the band he would release that before his next live gig. Be on the lookout for a release party too.

Date Posted: February 19 2014 at 14:55
Thought i'd kick this back up...anyone out there know anything, hear any word on this?

Posted By: Polymorphia
Date Posted: February 19 2014 at 15:24

Jumping the gun a bit with the ratings, don't you think? Wink

Do not be impatient

Date Posted: February 19 2014 at 17:08
Originally posted by Gully Foyle Gully Foyle wrote:

Thought i'd kick this back up...anyone out there know anything, hear any word on this?

Yes. Phideaux stated on his FB page that his first priority is reissuing The Great Leap and Doomsday Afternoon on CD and LP. Both albums are being remixed, and Leap is getting a couple songs added to it. The new album will follow, though I don't believe he offered a timetable for any of this.

-------------
And if you can't be with the prog you love, honey, love the prog you're with.

Posted By: bhikkhu
Date Posted: February 19 2014 at 18:11
Originally posted by Floyd Steely Floyd Steely wrote:

Yes. Phideaux stated on his FB page that his first priority is reissuing The Great Leap and Doomsday Afternoon on CD and LP. Both albums are being remixed, and Leap is getting a couple songs added to it. The new album will follow, though I don't believe he offered a timetable for any of this.

I saw that too. He seems to be consumed by the remixing right now.

-------------
a.k.a. H.T.

http://riekels.wordpress.com" rel="nofollow - http://riekels.wordpress.com

Date Posted: February 19 2014 at 18:43
thanks for the info, as a facebook non-user, i would never have known

while i am going to be mighty glad to pick up doomsday on CD and LP, it makes me wonder if Infernal is really not up to snuff, and hes avoiding issuing it....

hmmm

Posted By: Mind_Drive
Date Posted: May 27 2014 at 17:17
still no news?

...it makes me wonder if Infernal is really not up to snuff, and hes avoiding issuing it....

hmmm

maybe it´s just like that.. i will forgive him Wink but im still curious

-------------
It's just a ride... <3

Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 12:45
What he told me at RoSfest is that the day job was taking most of his time for a while. I think you will see a lot of stuff coming out.

The Album is the third part of a trilogy. So he wants to have the re-mastered Great leap and Doomsday all coming out simultaneously.

I do know that Gabe and him are working hard on getting everything out.

I don't think its a quality problem I think its more work/life balance and the fact it is now a double album.

There is also two mogon albums in the works and Live at Orion.

He will be playing at my house in August along with Guy Manning, so I'll have another update for you then.

If you check out my Music in Widescreen podcast I update listeners as I get more information.

Mark Mon40
Owner - ProgRock.com - Your ticket to the best in prog rock.

Posted By: Mind_Drive
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 14:11
thanks for the info!

sounds like a great party at your house Wink

and thanks for future updates!

-------------
It's just a ride... <3

Posted By: LiquidEternity
Date Posted: June 01 2014 at 12:18
Number 7 is five years old already. Jeez. Still remains a top favorite of mine, and not just among his catalog.

I keep checking in here for all the updates, thin as they may be. Day jobs and stuff can really knock the pace out of production like that, I do know (ha, look at my reviews... when was the last time I got one done?). Wish him all the best of luck and also can he please release the twenty seven albums he's currently sitting on? :P

-------------

Posted By: Argor
Date Posted: June 29 2014 at 06:35
Infernal was announced two years ago and Xavier writes only about Rik Mayall's death on his facebook page ;_; That's so sad i keep checking everything at least one time a week since two years and still no news about this album...

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: September 05 2014 at 06:18
Allright. I've finally taken the decision and deleted Infernal from the database. If it ever gets released, we'll add it in a jiffy......but having a non-existent album receive ratings from wannabe Nostradamuses with a seventh sense makes us look even more like fools.

The last update on Phideaux's own site has to do with a live gig back in 2013Ouch I really hope this album hasn't been trashed.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: September 05 2014 at 17:54
He was live on my podcast 11 days ago after his Chicago show on the 23rd. Hear the update right from PX.

http://www.musicinwidescreen.com/2014/08/24/episode-562-featuring-live-in-the-stuidio-guy-manning-and-phideaux/" rel="nofollow - Music In Widescreen Episode #562

Date Posted: September 05 2014 at 22:49
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

...but having a non-existent album receive ratings from wannabe Nostradamuses with a seventh sense makes us look even more like fools

Thank you for taking this action. I, for one, feel incrementally less stupid because of it.

-------------
And if you can't be with the prog you love, honey, love the prog you're with.

Posted By: PhideauxFan
Date Posted: September 06 2014 at 01:56
"I have had such an amazing time this week doing the FINAL vocals for my upcoming album, Infernal. Things have changed and morphed so dramatically, it's gratifying. I now truly am on the slope down and we only have a few tiny final bits of guitar to do and then we can mix. Soooon - the end is coming." Phideaux Xavier (source Facebook)

Posted By: Shriiimp
Date Posted: December 11 2014 at 09:16
From a Phideaux Xavier Facebook comment:
"I have had "difficulty" finishing projects and as a project gets to a certain level of completion (approx 88%) I've needed to bring band members back for a tiny bit of work, which is usually far less than time we have booked in studio. And, since the band mates are around, we invariably begin some other new things as we attempt to finish the old. So, over the past 4 years, several albums have been worked on incrementally. But, in the last 6 months, I've narrowed my focus to FINISH something. And that something is Infernal. As we mix Infernal, we will finalize remasters of the other 2 from the trilogy. Once that is done, within next 3 months, we will shift focus to the first two Mogon albums (of which "simplicity" is the key word). Those will be released a few months apart - like 3 months apart. After that I have Phideaux bits and pieces album (7˝) and Phideaux live Snowtorch era set to be called "Orion". I would hope that there will be regular releases throughout 2015 during which time I will be finishing up recording of Mogon 3 album - about half of which has been recorded."
-
https://www.facebook.com/phideaux.xavier/posts/10154913007115650?comment_id=10154913161645650&offset=0&total_comments=37" rel="nofollow - December 3 at 6:16pm , Phideaux Xavier

Posted By: glass-moon
Date Posted: February 10 2016 at 03:57
so... wtf?

-------------
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Posted By: Rendref
Date Posted: September 19 2016 at 12:11
Any info at all?

-------------
http://www.normalisr.com/?username=Rendref&type=3month" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: September 19 2016 at 12:15
Maybe 2017? Who knows man. This has been on the verge of being released a number of times during the last 4 years, yet nothing seems to happen. I believe in it when I see it.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: Kaucz
Date Posted: October 13 2016 at 12:47
Phideaux is one of my favourite bands in modern progressive rock. It's a pitty this album take so long to be released and no one now how the recording is.

Posted By: King Manuel
Date Posted: October 14 2016 at 03:38
He recently said on facebook: "It's gotta be soon, I'm going to say... But, I can't be sure..."

Posted By: A_Flower
Date Posted: October 14 2016 at 07:27
^Well that doesn't tell us anything! How long is soon for Phideaux? Three years? Four years?

-------------
User Banned for this Post

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk