Forum Description: Create polls on topics related to progressive music
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=96565
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 11:45
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best One Shot RPI Band Ever
Posted By: Utnapishtim
Subject: Best One Shot RPI Band Ever
Date Posted: January 04 2014 at 12:06
I looked inside the oldest polls and it seems that there are no other similar polls.

I'd like to create a list of the best One shot RPI bands. This is my first prog poll. Hope you find it interesting.

This time I start with four bands, if there are good results I'll continue with other bands until that One Shot bands are ended. Maybe with a final standings Big smile.

Replies:
Posted By: Finnforest
Date Posted: January 04 2014 at 12:11
Poa is a nice album, but Cervello is in another league from these first 3 groups.   Melos is one of the great RPI albums.  

-------------

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: January 04 2014 at 12:17
Don't know these, so can't vote. My personal fave one shot RPI artist is Triade, with their album La Storia di Sabazio from 1973, a beautiful symphonic prog masterpiece.

Posted By: apps79
Date Posted: January 04 2014 at 12:20
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Poa is a nice album, but Cervello is in another league from these first 3 groups.   Melos is one of the great RPI albums.  
exactly the same, just place Poa in the place of Melos and Blocco in the place of Cervelo.Tongue

-------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio

Date Posted: January 04 2014 at 12:32
Originally posted by psarros psarros wrote:

exactly the same, just place Poa in the place of Melos and Blocco in the place of Cervelo.Tongue

I would like to better understand. Do you think they are at the same level or do you like both equally? Wacko

Posted By: hellogoodbye
Date Posted: January 04 2014 at 12:42
The Incredible Cervello, but I love Poa. 

Date Posted: January 04 2014 at 12:57
[QUOTE=hellogoodbye] The Incredible Cervello, but I love Poa. 

[/QUOT]

Agree with you!

Posted By: apps79
Date Posted: January 04 2014 at 13:36
Originally posted by Utnapishtim Utnapishtim wrote:

I would like to better understand. Do you think they are at the same level or do you like both equally? Wacko
I find Poa superior compared to Melos, which is a good album too.

-------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio

Date Posted: January 04 2014 at 14:05

I find Poa superior compared to Melos, which is a good album too.

Ah ok... sorry but I didn't understand...Bowdown

Posted By: Man With Hat
Date Posted: January 04 2014 at 15:09
I only know Cervello...which is pretty dang fantastic.

-------------
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.

Posted By: tszirmay
Date Posted: January 05 2014 at 16:59
Foglie di Vetro would be my choice but of the 4 , Cervello I guess!

-------------
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.

Date Posted: January 06 2014 at 12:13
Soon I'll propose other 4 bands, maybe more known...Wacko

Posted By: ghost_of_morphy
Date Posted: January 06 2014 at 15:04
Where do I vote for Reale Accademia di Musica?

-------------

Date Posted: January 07 2014 at 09:05
Originally posted by ghost_of_morphy ghost_of_morphy wrote:

Where do I vote for Reale Accademia di Musica?

Reale Accademia Di Musica released 3 albums (the last "La Cometa")...

Here you can vote for one shot band...That band which have released only one album in their career...Thumbs Up

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: January 07 2014 at 09:45
Never heard Capsicum Red, but out of the others it's between Frutti per Kagua and Melos. I'll give it to the latter, mostly because I've had it in my collection far longer. i really love that thing.
Frutti per Kagua though is a brilliant album, and especially that opening selftitled cut is downright gorgeous. Beautiful interplay between the flute, the guitar and the rhythm section. 

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:46
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Never heard Capsicum Red, but out of the others it's between Frutti per Kagua and Melos. I'll give it to the latter, mostly because I've had it in my collection far longer. i really love that thing.
Frutti per Kagua though is a brilliant album, and especially that opening selftitled cut is downright gorgeous. Beautiful interplay between the flute, the guitar and the rhythm section. 

Good analysis!  I am new here, but I am an old RPI listener...my name is Marco.

Capsicum Res was the band where Bruno "Red" Canzian played ( the guitarist of famous Italian pop band POOH). They had rearranged in form of suite "Patetica" , the Piano Sonata n°8 of L.V.  Beethoven. 

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: January 07 2014 at 10:51

Capsicum Res was the band where Bruno "Red" Canzian played ( the guitarist of famous Italian pop band POOH). They had rearranged in form of suite "Patetica" , the Piano Sonata n°8 of L.V.  Beethoven. 

Hi Marco, David hereSmile

Thanks for the info on Capsicum Red, I didn't know that. I think one of my favourite renditions of old school classical music done by the Italian bands, is the manic and slightly naive Venite Giu al Fiume from Buon Vecchio Charlie's sole album. "Hall of the Mountain King" by Grieg only here delivered by a bunch of teenagers who all sound like they're heavily on amphetamine. I love it all the same though. 

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Date Posted: January 07 2014 at 11:12

Hi Marco, David hereSmile

Thanks for the info on Capsicum Red, I didn't know that. I think one of my favourite renditions of old school classical music done by the Italian bands, is the manic and slightly naive Venite Giu al Fiume from Buon Vecchio Charlie's sole album. "Hall of the Mountain King" by Grieg only here delivered by a bunch of teenagers who all sound like they're heavily on amphetamine. I love it all the same though. 

In RPI and Prog Rock in general there are a lot of Classical references. And Grieg is so interesting, try to listen all "Peer Gynt Suites". Real Amphetamine free!!
All Classic music is ancestor of  al genre (almost all), and Prog is very influenced. 
Thumbs Up

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk