http://www.wilfturnbull.co.uk/DearMrWakeman.htm

-------------
Wilf Turnbull
[email protected]

Replies:
Posted By: terryl
Date Posted: March 26 2014 at 21:39
This makes my day.

'The Four Wives of Rick Wakeman' - I'd love to hear that piece!!!!

-------------
And who are we to justify the right in all we do
Until we seek, until we find Ammonia Avenue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrmJ39j58W0

Posted By: cstack3
Date Posted: March 26 2014 at 22:07
Thanks, that is a scream!

http://www.wilfturnbull.co.uk/DearMrWakeman.htm" rel="nofollow - http://www.wilfturnbull.co.uk/DearMrWakeman.htm

Posted By: Atavachron
Date Posted: March 26 2014 at 22:35
So what happened?   Did/will he play; was it all a joke; was there ice that day?

Posted By: verslibre
Date Posted: March 26 2014 at 22:55
Quote So in conclusion Mr Philpott, I’m sure we can come to some arrangement for this performance, whilst noting your standby of Mr Fakeman, I really don’t want to leave you with a replacement Dick on the night. Replacements Dicks are so often a letdown.

I love that Wake of a man!

-------------
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1&_ssn=musicosm" rel="nofollow - eBay

Posted By: Kazza3
Date Posted: March 26 2014 at 23:01
Brilliant, just brilliant. I presume someone's read Ted L. Nancy's Letters From A Nut more than once.

Posted By: HemispheresOfXanadu
Date Posted: March 26 2014 at 23:26
My favourite so far. LOL

-------------
https://twitter.com/ProgFollower" rel="nofollow - @ProgFollower on Twitter. Tweet me muzak.

Posted By: uduwudu
Date Posted: March 27 2014 at 00:08
Are you the Prog Worrier or what?

Posted By: Wilf Turnbull
Date Posted: March 27 2014 at 03:21
Thanking you!  Sorry Kazza I have not read the book

-------------
Wilf Turnbull
[email protected]

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: March 27 2014 at 08:05
Brilliant, particularly the 60 piece Indian platter from Iceland.

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: March 28 2014 at 14:20
Hi,

I don't find these funny anymore, and I think that most of them are totally fake!

Quasi humor at the expense of someone else, is just not funny for me!

It's OK to satirize and make fun of the works and such, and I can appreciate that, but I doubt that any of these folks would bother saying anything back.

There is much better funny stuff out there, and these guys think they are a part of the Cambridge/Oxford Dishwasher Society and deserve to get their licks in to show that they also deserve a part of the fame that many of these folks gained.

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: progbethyname
Date Posted: March 28 2014 at 14:45
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

So what happened?   Did/will he play; was it all a joke; was there ice that day?

That's what I'd like to know about it.

-------------
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣

Date Posted: March 28 2014 at 14:47
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I don't find these funny anymore, and I think that most of them are totally fake!

It's OK to satirize and make fun of the works and such, and I can appreciate that, but I doubt that any of these folks would bother saying anything back.

There is much better funny stuff out there, and these guys think they are a part of the Cambridge/Oxford Dishwasher Society and deserve to get their licks in to show that they also deserve a part of the fame that many of these folks gained.

Easy mosh. It's just a joke. Come on, Pedro! Smile man.

-------------

Date Posted: March 28 2014 at 15:01
Lets just leave the Curry effects aside.

F ing brilliant.

-------------

Posted By: Lord Jagged
Date Posted: March 31 2014 at 16:57
Very funny.

Good to see Rick has a sense of humour and his wits about him!

-------------
Dead Souls In The Rear View Mirror Hitch A Ride For A While..

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: March 31 2014 at 17:06
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Hi,

That was Pedro's most succinct post for some 105 years, and was spot on.

Moz also had it right........That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Date Posted: April 02 2014 at 12:05
Sorry to offend. Please by assured that ALL replies are real. I shan't be posting any more here if our work is upsetting people

Regards

-------------
Wilf Turnbull
[email protected]

Date Posted: April 02 2014 at 13:45
All replies are genuine Sir

-------------
Wilf Turnbull
[email protected]

Posted By: lazland
Date Posted: April 02 2014 at 14:48
Originally posted by Wilf Turnbull Wilf Turnbull wrote:

Sorry to offend. Please by assured that ALL replies are real. I shan't be posting any more here if our work is upsetting people

Regards

Wilf, you do not offend me. You bore me, which is your inalienable right.

You do not upset me. I find the letters tedious. That should not stop you posting them, because my opinion is utterly irrelevant in this matter. I am a mere flea on the back of an elephant's arse.

-------------
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org

Posted By: Dorsalia
Date Posted: April 02 2014 at 19:04
For what it's worth, I think the letters are amusing.

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: April 02 2014 at 22:08

Regards

What I always think. If someone doesn't like the posts, then they don't need to check them out. There are some people who are enjoying this posts, so you might just as well keep posting them for them. Those who checked them out of curiosity and didn't like them, I guess they have all the right to post their opinions, as long as they don't offend anyone. As for me, I thought it was fine, and it is nice to know that the replies are made by the artists themselves... it might be good if you posted that bit from the beginning. I mean, it's clear from the beginning that the letter is a fake or a joke or however you want to call it, but it wasn't so clear if the "joke" answer was made by the artist or was invented by you.

Posted By: uduwudu
Date Posted: April 03 2014 at 05:07
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Regards

What I always think. If someone doesn't like the posts, then they don't need to check them out. There are some people who are enjoying this posts, so you might just as well keep posting them for them. Those who checked them out of curiosity and didn't like them, I guess they have all the right to post their opinions, as long as they don't offend anyone. As for me, I thought it was fine, and it is nice to know that the replies are made by the artists themselves... it might be good if you posted that bit from the beginning. I mean, it's clear from the beginning that the letter is a fake or a joke or however you want to call it, but it wasn't so cear if the "joke" answer was made by the artist or was invented by you.

Editing the original post should fix that problem. Most entertaining. Novelty in the prog world... (kidding!).

Who's Next?

Date Posted: April 03 2014 at 05:12
We have changed our index page to state that all replies are real. As for our missives we really are 2 more mature gents from Bournemouth! There are no further prog missives planned at the moment as we are being inundated with popstar and rockstar requests

Many thanks to all that liked our work

-------------
Wilf Turnbull
[email protected]

Posted By: Tom Ozric
Date Posted: April 03 2014 at 06:05
I think it's a scream !!! Rick is as quick witted as he is virtuosic on his minimoog....

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: April 03 2014 at 07:12

We have changed our index page to state that all replies are real. As for our missives we really are 2 more mature gents from Bournemouth! There are no further prog missives planned at the moment as we are being inundated with popstar and rockstar requests

Many thanks to all that liked our work
Sense of humour failures here, keep 'em coming I say!

Posted By: Dean
Date Posted: April 03 2014 at 08:33
They're niche and they're amusing enough. Just a bit of harmless fun that, from the replies, all concerned appear to see the humour in. I don't see what the fuss is about.

Messrs Turnbull and Philpott evidently have more than just a passing interest in Progressive Rock (and, it has to be said, perhaps an overindulgent predilection for 80s pop), so good for them.

But... Cambridge/Oxford Dishwasher Society... Confused what does that even mean?

-------------
What?

Posted By: Rick Robson
Date Posted: April 03 2014 at 08:36
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I think it's a scream !!! Rick is as quick witted as he is virtuosic on his minimoog....

-------------

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." LvB

Date Posted: April 04 2014 at 19:55
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Hi,

That was Pedro's most succinct post for some 105 years, and was spot on.
Moz also had it right........That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.

My friend, I gather the mock-letter didn't tickle your funny bone at all. Although, the 105 year reference tickled mine.

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2014 at 19:57
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I agree. I think it's fun. No harm in it.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk