If You Could Go To One Prog Concert...

Printed From: Progarchives.com
Category: Progressive Music Lounges
Forum Name: Top 10s and lists
Forum Description: List all your favourites here
URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=99466
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 18:15
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: If You Could Go To One Prog Concert...
Posted By: Xonty
Subject: If You Could Go To One Prog Concert...
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 16:05
...what would it be and why?

First one that comes to mind (that I know of) is Genesis at the Shepperton Studios in '73. Love it, and watched it on YouTube so many times that I haven't really been bothered to find many more of their shows Smile

http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBcz3tBH74" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBcz3tBH74

As far as all music goes, I'd choose Led Zeppelin at The Royal Albert Hall without a doubt - must have seen that at least 20 times by now... Anyway, thanks for any feedback!!

Replies:
Posted By: Billy Pilgrim
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 16:20
Haha, Pink Floyd in Pompeii!
I'd love to see Tool sometime from 96 to 98, they just don't have the presence they used to have on the stage.

Posted By: HolyMoly
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 16:55
Pink Floyd in the early days, definitely.  Maybe around '69 or '70, ideally.

-------------
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran

Posted By: JD
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 17:02
Originally posted by Xonty Xonty wrote:

First one that comes to mind (that I know of) is Genesis at the Shepperton Studios in '73. Love it, and watched it on YouTube so many times that I haven't really been bothered to find many more of their shows Smile

Funny you should mention that one. I just had a friend send me copies of the 3 Live videos from the Genesis box set and that was one of the concerts included. A great show but the video quality is a little rough even though it's billed as 'Remastered'.
Lots of dirt and damage on the print
I'd actually liked to have seen ELP during the BSS tour. I saw the Works tour with the orchestra, but the Welcome Back My Friends tour must have surely rocked. I have no idea what venue would have been best but which ever had the best acoustic...then that one.

-------------
Thank you for supporting independently produced music

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 17:15
Too easy....Genesis 73/74 SEBtP Tour

Setlist:
Watcher Of The Skies
Dancing With The Moonlit Knight
Firth Of Fifth
I Know What I Like
The Musical Box
Horizon's (not always)
More Fool Me (not always)
Harold The Barrel (only on the 1974 European tour)
The Battle Of Epping Forest
Supper's Ready
The Knife
Cinema Show

-------------

Posted By: PrognosticMind
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 18:11
I'd just follow Yes, Genesis, and Gentle Giant around from pretty much 1970 through 1975 LOL.

-------------
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"

Posted By: fudgenuts64
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 18:46

Genesis, 1978 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiNMcagAmKc

That setlist... 

-------------

Posted By: smartpatrol
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 19:07

That one definitely springs to mind but I think Rush in 81. I'd love to see the boys in their prime (not to say their shows aren't great now). 

-------------
http://bit.ly/1kqTR8y" rel="nofollow">

The greatest record label of all time!

Posted By: Nogbad_The_Bad
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 19:28
The first Rock In Opposition concert on March 12th 1978 with Henry Cow, Univers Zero, Samla Mammas Manna, Stormy Six and Etron Fou Leloublan

-------------
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/

Posted By: Michael678
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 19:40
Yes at SLO or the Rainbow Theatre among others. for the present day, Rush for sure.

-------------
Progrockdude

Posted By: PrognosticMind
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 20:35
Originally posted by fudgenuts64 fudgenuts64 wrote:

Genesis, 1978 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiNMcagAmKc

That setlist... 

Clap

Phil sounds incredible here.

-------------
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"

Posted By: Catcher10
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 20:46
Originally posted by smartpatrol smartpatrol wrote:

That one definitely springs to mind but I think Rush in 81. I'd love to see the boys in their prime (not to say their shows aren't great now). 

I saw Rush in 81 (Moving Pitchers) and 83 (Signals)

-------------

Posted By: ProgMetaller2112
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 21:03
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Lucky son a ......Ouch

-------------
“War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"Ignorance and Prejudice and Fear walk Hand in Hand"- Neil Peart

Posted By: Mirror Image
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 21:05
Originally posted by PrognosticMind PrognosticMind wrote:

I'd just follow Yes, Genesis, and Gentle Giant around from pretty much 1970 through 1975 LOL.

I would extend the year 1975 to 1977 and follow them around. Big smile

-------------
“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov

Posted By: Horizons
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 21:05
TMV after the release of Deloused in the Comatorium. 

-------------
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.

Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 21:18
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I saw Rush in 83, it was good but wouldn't make my top 10 gigs.

-------------
Ian

Posted By: Wanorak
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 21:28
Genesis from the 76-77 tour(Seconds Out) or ELP on the BSS tour.

-------------
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!

Posted By: dr wu23
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 22:04
Crimson during the classic Wetton period that's been chronicled in the Great Deceiver box set.

-------------
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin

Posted By: gramon
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 22:39
jethro tull at msg in 1978 sharing the first place with rush (exite stage left)  

Posted By: presdoug
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 23:31
Triumvirat when they toured the USA in 1974 in support of the Illusions On A Double Dimple album.

Posted By: Prog_Traveller
Date Posted: August 26 2014 at 23:48
YES in the round in the late seventies.

Posted By: richardh
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 00:49
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

I'd actually liked to have seen ELP during the BSS tour. I saw the Works tour with the orchestra, but the Welcome Back My Friends tour must have surely rocked. I have no idea what venue would have been best but which ever had the best acoustic...then that one.

I would tag my own choice onto this and that would be the Springfield gig (1974) on the official bootlegs. The version of Pictures is the best I've heard by them. 

Posted By: Svetonio
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 01:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVDvODUw7yo" rel="nofollow - THIS

Posted By: Billy Pilgrim
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 02:15
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

That was fun, thanks.

Posted By: Svetonio
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 02:33
Originally posted by Billy Pilgrim Billy Pilgrim wrote:

Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

That was fun, thanks.
Thumbs Up

Posted By: prog4evr
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 02:52
I would go to see Yes in the Fall of 1977 for the "Going for the One" tour.  Oh, yeah - I DID see them then!  (Sometimes, it is great to be an older guy!)  But, if I could time-travel, I would go see them at that point again...

Posted By: johnners
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 05:41
Saw, Rush at Wembley in 81 and 83 and elsewhere since but would have loved to see them at Hammersmith Odeon. Of gigs not seen, gotta be Yes anytime prior to and including Going for the One, Genesis prior to Then there were Three and Pink Floyd on the Animals tour. Just that bit too young! 

Posted By: Jeffro
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 05:56

I'd go back a little farther. Maybe the Tour of the Hemispheres. 

Posted By: JD
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 06:00
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

I would tag my own choice onto this and that would be the Springfield gig (1974) on the official bootlegs. The version of Pictures is the best I've heard by them. 

Do you have more info on this? The full date or venue?  I've got tons of ELP boots, in fact I thought I had them all but I don't see any 1974 Springfield gigs on my list. Is that Springfield MA?

-------------
Thank you for supporting independently produced music

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 06:04
Kate Bush at Hammersmith Odeon, next Friday.

Posted By: aliano
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 06:05
Pink Floyd - Pulse

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 06:06
I can't remember exactly when and where it was, but I'd love to go back in time and see the Amon Düül ll gig where they were dressed in lion costumesBig smile

Also kinda cool to have been sitting in the ruins of Pompeii, back when Floyd paid them a visit.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: NutterAlert
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 07:08
Bath  festival 1969 The Nice, Led Zep, Taste. Ten Years After, Colosseum, Edgar Broughton Band 

Posted By: NutterAlert
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 07:16
Or Zappa in Montreux, when some stupid with a flare gun burnt the place to the ground, and Frank was reported to shout don't panic then jumped out of a window.

Posted By: Blacksword
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 07:55
Frank Zappa - that Halloween show in the Baby Snakes film.
Rush - Moving Pictures Tour
Genesis - any gig from any tour between 1972 and 1980!!
Yes - on the GFTO tour
Rennaisance - Carnegie Hall
Motorhead - Hammersmith 1981
Hawkwind - any tour with Rob Calvert

-------------
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 08:11

http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBcz3tBH74" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBcz3tBH74

As far as all music goes, I'd choose Led Zeppelin at The Royal Albert Hall without a doubt - must have seen that at least 20 times by now... Anyway, thanks for any feedback!!

Your link doesn't work. This appears to be the correct one.

Posted By: Manuel
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 08:12
Jethro Tull at the Madison Square Garden, 1978. 

Posted By: Hercules
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 09:36
Camel's first comeback gig at The Royal Hall, Harrogate on Sat 19th Oct 2013.

Hang on - of course I was there!! But it was so great I'd love to experience it again. At least I've got the DVD, but nothing will replace that feeling when they came on stage.

-------------
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.

Posted By: Rednight
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 10:38
My God, that would have to be King Crimson '73/'74. That was the Holy Grail, and I missed it.

Posted By: Guldbamsen
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 10:43
Another one is Tangerine Dream just around Alpha Centauri with Steve Schroyder on the farfisa organ. Yowza! I'd give away my baby sister for that. They were nothing short of awesome live at the time - at least from what I've heard of legboots and jootoobs.

-------------
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams

Posted By: fudgenuts64
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 13:20
Oh yeah, I forgot  Renaissance at Carnegie Hall! I would have LOVED to see that show!

-------------

Posted By: BrufordFreak
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 20:02
1. The 1976 RTF tour when the quad was Chick, Stanley, Lenny and Al Di. (Regretfully, I had a chance and passed!)

2. Also, any FRANK tour with The Mothers tour--just for the experience.

3. Any early NEKTAR (Eye/Tab/Remember) tour. (I had a chance but they cancelled due to poor ticket sales).

4. Any Jeff Beck tour.

5. The first SHAKTI tours.

6. The GROBSCHNITT "Solar Music Live" tour.

7. Any Be-Bop Deluxe concert.

I could go on . . .

-------------
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 21:55
If I could only choose one show to go back in time and see... it would have to be Pink Floyd at the tour from Animals, where they played music from my favourite 3 albums from them. Second choice... I guess the PULSE tour. Besides Floyd, I'd really love to have seen Yes, King Crimson, Genesis, Renaissance in the 70's.

Posted By: Mirror Image
Date Posted: August 27 2014 at 22:00
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

If I could only choose one show to go back in time and see... it would have to be Pink Floyd at the tour from Animals, where they played music from my favourite 3 albums from them. Second choice... I guess the PULSE tour. Besides Floyd, I'd really love to have seen Yes, King Crimson, Genesis, Renaissance in the 70's.

Didn't know you were such a Floyd fan. Excellent! Prog on!

-------------
“Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music.” - Sergei Rachmaninov

Posted By: tboyd1802
Date Posted: August 28 2014 at 17:50
King Crimson - July 1, 1974 in Central Park.

Date Posted: August 28 2014 at 19:41
I'm very tempted to pick a 5 piece early 70s Crimson gig or one of the very early Floyd and Softs gigs

-------------
Ian

Posted By: Dellinger
Date Posted: August 28 2014 at 21:18
Originally posted by Mirror Image Mirror Image wrote:

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Didn't know you were such a Floyd fan. Excellent! Prog on!

Yeah, I guess I might still say that they are my favourite band. However, it's mainly the fact that they were my first "favourite band", so that's the one I keep on returning to. Of course, there are many bands I have known since I came into prog that I may like just about as much.

Posted By: progfan915
Date Posted: August 29 2014 at 07:32
Definitely Genesis, Wind & Wuthering Tour.  What a fantastic show!

Posted By: Hans il mercante
Date Posted: August 29 2014 at 09:44
Yes in 1975, on the Relayer tour. their shows were packed with awesome music, even without Wakeman, they were in top form.

The Moody blues is the late ´60s, why not, Isle of Wight festival.

And a special show, from a non prog band.

The grateful dead on 1974 with the wall of sound on Winterland, that bass sound is to die for on that tour. But I got to choose, without any doubt, my choice will be... Winterland with the wall of sound. Sorry, I wanna be able to hear each string on different speakers across the wall, without any chemicals involved. 

Posted By: Neu!mann
Date Posted: August 29 2014 at 09:45
- the Can Free Concert, Cologne 1972
- the first King Crimson at the Marquee Club, 1969
- early Pink Floyd, with Syd Barrett, also at the Marquee Club
- electric Miles Davis, Osaka Japan, February 1, 1975
- Grobschnitt at the Otto Pankok Forum, Mühlheim, Germany April 7, 1978
- Magma in Paris, June 1975

...if only...

-------------
"we can change the world without anyone noticing the difference" - Franco Falsini

Posted By: Gerinski
Date Posted: August 29 2014 at 12:42
I missed the late 60's and the 70's so there are so many, perhaps I would go for The Isle of Wight Festival, Yes in the YesSongs tour or ELP Trilogy tour.

As from the 80's I can't complain, I have seen many many great concerts but I have a terrible memory so I tend to forget most of what I have seen and that's a big pitty. Sometimes if I scroll through the concert tickets I have I think to myself: 'did I see that? I don't remember seeing it!' Shocked  (yes I know, too stoned could have been a reason for a few of them, but that happens even for the ones I have seen in bright mental condition, I do really have a problem of bad memory in any case).

This leads me to the idea of starting a thread for posting scans of concert tickets we have and commenting on that show, I guess it has been done before but it can always be fun again.

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: August 29 2014 at 12:43
Hi,

I would like to see the "Hollywood Bowl" concert again with Pink Floyd (1971 or 2 -- can't remember!), but that's not really that big a thing for me.

There are only two concerts I would love to see in my life before I leave. They are Vangelis and Peter Hammill.

All else, I don't care!

Mike Oldfield would be nice too, but I'm getting tired of his "fame" thing, and his music has gone seriously down hill!

The other one, would be Ryuichi Sakamoto with a rock band, doing the stuff from Neo Geo/Beauty and that era. I don't care as much for most of the stuff from YMO, unless they do the satirical bits that most people have never heard!

Alan Stivell with a rock band again ... yeah!!!

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: friso
Date Posted: August 30 2014 at 07:24
hmmm.. maybe Magma - Trilogie au Trianon.

Pink Floyd's Live at Pompeii sounds tempting, but songs were recorded during the day, problable multiple times and some in different sections at a time. Doesn't sound that exciting..

I must say that Camel in Groningen (Netherlands) 2013 was a brilliant concert. Would love to see it again.

Or perhaps Grobschnitts Solar Music live?

Or Iron Maiden at Hammersmith Odeon Number of the Beat tour?

Or what about Supersister in its heydays, that should be fun.

Posted By: Stool Man
Date Posted: August 30 2014 at 10:34

If you really could choose to be any concert, why choose one that you have seen many times on film?  I'd much rather choose a different concert (even from the same period by the same band, but not the exact same concert)

My choice: one of the December 1970 concerts where Pink Floyd's set included "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast", but not Sheffield on the 22nd, which is the only one there's a recording of. 

-------------
rotten hound of the burnie crew

Posted By: DBJetsman
Date Posted: August 30 2014 at 19:33
1. Any Genesis show from '72-74 (Foxtrot, SEBTP, TLLDOB tours)
2. The Yessongs show in '73 (Close to the Edge tour)
3. Gentle Giant in '74 (Power and Glory tour)
4. Rush in '78 (Hemispheres tour)
5. Emerson, Lake, and Palmer in '72 (Trilogy tour)

-------------
"...we hope to give you something far more substantial and fulfilling. All you need to do is sit back, and acquire the taste."

- Gentle Giant

Posted By: Rick Robson
Date Posted: August 30 2014 at 20:03
^And...

-------------

"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." LvB

Posted By: Flight123
Date Posted: February 11 2015 at 07:23
Another vote for the inaugural RIO festival of 1978.  I was aware of it but aged 15 at the time and didn't have the wherewithal to get to London and back.

Posted By: TODDLER
Date Posted: February 11 2015 at 09:02
The Enid live at Hammersmith 1979.

Posted By: calm_sea
Date Posted: February 11 2015 at 09:51
I'll post a few fantasy shows.

1) Genesis - SEBTP or TLLDOB tour
2) Yes - TFTO tour
3) Hawkwind - The Space Ritual tour
4) Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here tour
5) Camel - Moonmadness tour
6) Caravan - For girls tour

Any Magma show in the early to 70's, Rush Hemispheres tour, Black Sabbath on the Sabbath Bloody tour and VDGG on the Godbluff tour would also be amazing.

Posted By: Walton Street
Date Posted: February 11 2015 at 09:54
Genesis - the Lamb  ... hands down

-------------
"I know one thing: that I know nothing"

- SpongeBob Socrates

Date Posted: February 11 2015 at 10:05
If fooling around with fantasy fancy shows is valid, just recalled a mind blowing one:

Cherry Five - debut (and only one Cry) album tour, hands up! hahah

-------------

Posted By: emigre80
Date Posted: February 11 2015 at 11:23
i would definitely choose Yes - TFTO tour.

when asked the same (but not limited to prog) question, a friend of mine said the 1913 Paris debut of The Rites of Spring, where the audience rioted.  yeah, that would have been pretty cool too.  but i would probably still go for the Yes show.

Posted By: Bitterblogger
Date Posted: February 21 2015 at 04:52
Lamb tour.
Lark's tour, for Muir.
Brand X with Phil.
Bruford w/Stewart, Berlin, and Holdsworth.
Non-prog: The Last Waltz, and the Grateful Dead when they still had Pigpen.

Date Posted: February 21 2015 at 07:02
With these wishlist what-if things, I always wonder why some people choose a thing they're familiar with and can watch on DVD anytime (eg: Floyd fans who would choose to be at the filming of Live At Pompeii)

Surely it'd better far better to attend something that you've never seen and never will, except by this wishing.

edit: I see that I made this same point here six months ago LOL

-------------

Posted By: dwill123
Date Posted: February 21 2015 at 08:04
This one:

Posted By: Cactus Choir
Date Posted: February 21 2015 at 10:32
One of the early King Crimson gigs at the Speakeasy or Marquee in 1969, just to be there at the start of something new and exciting and experience its impact at first hand. According to Fripp he overheard a member of one of the bands that had to go on after them say: "Follow that, they sound like a bleeding orchestra." Apart from that Isle of Wight 1970 and the California Jam 1974.

-------------
"And now...on the drums...Mick Underwooooooooood!!!"

"He's up the pub"

Posted By: Bitterblogger
Date Posted: February 21 2015 at 11:32
Originally posted by Stool Man Stool Man wrote:

With these wishlist what-if things, I always wonder why some people choose a thing they're familiar with and can watch on DVD anytime (eg: Floyd fans who would choose to be at the filming of Live At Pompeii)

Surely it'd better far better to attend something that you've never seen and never will, except by this wishing.

Because fans want to experience a seminal moment first-hand, obviously. Great if a DVD or YouTube clip does that for you.

Date Posted: February 21 2015 at 11:41
Originally posted by Bitterblogger Bitterblogger wrote:

Originally posted by Stool Man Stool Man wrote:

Because fans want to experience a seminal moment first-hand, obviously. Great if a DVD or YouTube clip does that for you.

And there are plenty of seminal moments in prog history which were not filmed.  Any major band's first rehearsals of their future classics, for example. 

-------------

Posted By: moshkito
Date Posted: February 21 2015 at 12:49

Hi,

The list here is interesting ... and as to how many of these shows I DID get a chance to see:

YES - TFTO (Long Beach Arena)

Hawkwind - Space Ritual Tour (Santa Monica Civic)

Tangerine Dream - 1st and 2nd American Tour (Santa Monica Civic and Griffith Observatory)

Pink Floyd - Hollywood Bowl 1972. None of the shows after were as good in my book! I still prefer the earlier band!

Nektar - Santa Monica Civic - 1st American tour

Man - with Deke et all - Rhinos, Winos and such tour

Babe Ruth - At the Whiskey A Go Go and Janita Hahn made Iggy Pop look like an idiot after when Iggy and the Stooges came on -- which was what the audience wanted to see!

Gong - 1st, 2nd American Tours in 95 (with Pip) and 97 (with Pierre)

Per Lindh Project, Magma, Lana Lane and the Rocket Scientists and Porcupine Tree all put on outstanding shows at the International Progressive Music Festival in 1999 in San Francisco. LL and the rocket Scientists deserved a lot more credit for their professionalism and show quality ... that many "progressive" folks ignored ... and that is inexcusable!

Alan Stivell - in Portland, solo accoustic. I really wanted him with a rock band, though ... the idea of a new age bs accoustic show was something I wanted to go to the bathroom for!

Damo Suzuki - Good but generally out of time and place and his band was not good enough to understand and tune in to what he was doing ... I think they had a hard time just keeping up with the music itself as it was! Good try, though, but not enough!

KC in this last tour a couple of months ago in Seattle. Fabulous show with 3 drummers.

Return to Forever and ZpZ - in Eugene, OR, making ZpZ look and feel like a rather poor garage band. Sad, but not something that Frank would have stood up for and he would have made it all better, but the son does not know the difference and he played the role of "guitar rock hero" instead of working the music!

Mississipi Charles Bevel and Chick Streetman in Santa Barbara. Charles is historic and was a technician at KPFK and he had one of the nicest and prettiest voices you would ever hear and a couple of his songs still resonate in my head. He was not interested in the show business thing and did not give a damn about fame, or had any interest in it. There is/was a special about him, about an hour long on KPFK, but I have never been able to get my hands on it. It is that good! Trully special!

Firesign Theater here in Portland about 7 or 8 years ago ... have to check. They were good, but I wish they had a director help present things a bit better. It was not as much fun, now that we're not as stoned as before, but it was fine.

Some misses were simply not happening:
Mani and Acid Mothers Guru, I was not able to go here in Portland.

I skipped Porcupine Tree once here and Steven Wilson once as well, mostly due to time constraints and the fact I can not quite drive at night very well, and that keeps me locked up if I do not have anyone to go with. Steven did not want me photographing his band in 1999 in SF although the producer of the show (Sean) said he didn't care, since it was his show, not Steven's, but I did not wish to create any issues and let it go. But you could tell, already that Steven was tied up to his own commercial thing and he did not want anyone touching it, even when it was free and I was not selling! He didn't care! Well, guess what ... neither will I!

A couple more here and there I'm sure ... but this is about it.

-------------
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com

Posted By: dwill123
Date Posted: February 22 2015 at 11:05
Here's another one (but I was at this one):
Procol Harum, Yes & King Crimson
Academy of Music, NYC 11/1971

Posted By: emigre80
Date Posted: February 22 2015 at 12:26
Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

Here's another one (but I was at this one):
Procol Harum, Yes & King Crimson
Academy of Music, NYC 11/1971

color me bright green with envy.

Posted By: TheH
Date Posted: February 22 2015 at 15:42
Originally posted by Rick Robson Rick Robson wrote:

If fooling around with fantasy fancy shows is valid, just recalled a mind blowing one:

You might catch the tour for their second one this year though.

Posted By: sublime220
Date Posted: February 22 2015 at 17:30
The final concert of The Lamb or Led Zeppelin's North American Tour 1975 although the latter isn't considered prog here.

-------------
There is no dark side in the moon, really... Matter of fact, it's all dark...

Posted By: fxdregs
Date Posted: February 24 2015 at 15:28
Jethro Tull Passion Play tour, 1973. For my money it's Tull at their finest.

Posted By: Rednight
Date Posted: February 24 2015 at 15:56
And it was! My first concert, and what a christening!

Posted By: Prog Snob
Date Posted: March 02 2015 at 06:21
I would love to have seen Pink Floyd in their early days. I would love to have seen them at anytime. Hell, I'd take a 3/4 reunion right now.

Date Posted: March 02 2015 at 07:34
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Originally posted by Rick Robson Rick Robson wrote:

You might catch the tour for their second one this year though.

Hey didn't know that, good news indeed! thanks, if you can share the links about the tour I'd be grateful.

-------------

Posted By: Rando
Date Posted: March 06 2015 at 23:30

Well at the risk of giving away my age! I had the great fortune of seeing Genesis perform The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway in Berkeley, CA., then we followed them to the Shrine Theater in L.A. concert. The encores were Watcher Of the Skies and The Musical Box - They were the most complete concert experience of my life! - If I could turn back the clock and go back in time, that would be the one Prog concert I would want to see (again) - There is no other one for me...
Clap

-------------
- Music is Life, that's why our hearts have beats -

Posted By: chrisgooding
Date Posted: March 19 2015 at 07:28
Originally posted by TODDLER TODDLER wrote:

The Enid live at Hammersmith 1979.

TODDLER - Shame that you didn't see the Marquee gig in the late 70s, maybe you did, with their version of Mars Holst Planets. It set new boundaries. 

Posted By: Smurph
Date Posted: March 19 2015 at 08:10
The very first Rock in Opposition show!

-------------
http://pseudosentai.bandcamp.com/" rel="nofollow - http://pseudosentai.bandcamp.com/

wtf

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk