URL: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9982
Printed Date: May 04 2024 at 07:30
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pink Floyd is overrated
Posted By: Zooka23
Subject: Pink Floyd is overrated
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 16:53

they are crappy

*quickly runs and hides behind a large flame shield and gets prepared for a barrage of attacks and insults, then puts on head phones and listens to every Yes album

-------------
A dew drop can exalt us like the music of the sun

Replies:
Posted By: The Miracle
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 16:55
You suck, do the world a favor and die!Tongue

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/ocellatedgod" rel="nofollow - last.fm

Posted By: jitu
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 16:57
Originally posted by Zooka23 Zooka23 wrote:

they are crappy

*quickly runs and hides behind a large flame shield and gets prepared for a barrage of attacks and insults, then puts on head phones and listens to every Yes album

dont listen to him

he is new to prog rock;

-------------

Posted By: spectral
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 17:01
PF aren't my faves, but they're not crappy.  I do appreciate what they do.

-------------
"...misty halos made visible by the spectral illumination of moonshine."

Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 17:04
Don't feed the trollsWink

-------------

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 17:07
Ooh, talk about asking for trouble. I kind of agree with you though. I thought The Who were miles better than them at Live8. That should bring a few reactions too.

Posted By: Prog1611
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 17:08
When i was a young "progger" Pink Floyd were foundational. But as time has passed, I find my taste in prog has moved away from Floyd and more toward the complex. I simply love listening to Gentle Giant, Anglagard, Gryphon and have recently discovered Van Der Graaf! Pawn hearts is awesome... Pink Floyd crappy? Nonnense. They will remain Giants in prog and I still have Dark side, WYWH and Meddle on my Pod. Enjoy your music 

-------------
Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare if thou hast understanding?

Posted By: Garion81
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 17:09

Why do we need another thread like this? There is no thoughful argument just PF is crap.  Stop it! 

-------------

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"

Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 17:09
Originally posted by jitu jitu wrote:

they are crappy

dont listen to him

he is new to prog rock;

actually ive been listening to prog for awhile i just never made a screen name

-------------

Posted By: NetsNJFan
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 17:26
Dude you can't just say Pink Floyd are crappy without a reason.

You need to back up your arguments or no one will take you seriously.

-------------

Posted By: The Wizard
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 18:08

they are crappy

No, there not.

Posted By: OldFatherThames
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 18:19

They're not crappy, but 1 000 000 times overated...yes they are...I think pink floyd is to prog rock what the rolling stones are to the rock.

By the way, they have many crappy stuff like Ummagumma, saucerful of secret, obscured by cloud, most of the Gilmour period and.......one of the weakest drummer ever !!!

Posted By: Flip_Stone
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 18:52

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

I've tried for years to get into Pink Floyd, but they've always sounded so moody and lame for my tastes.  Many of their albums - like Dark Side of the Muffin (hah) - lack energy and don't really do much of anything.  But people hype them up to the point that weaker & more naive minds cross over to the "Dark Side", and get deceived into thinking there's more than there than there really is.  The Force definitely isn't with them.

The album "Animals" though does have some good spots where energy starts to emerge, because Dave Gilmour won out over Roger Waters.  Too bad more of their stuff isn't like that.

Posted By: DarHobo
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 21:24
Pink Floyd isn't overrated, you are!

Posted By: Alfi
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 21:32
i agree !
but unfortunately pink floyd is my favourite band
i own and love all their albums (and several bootlegs) except AMLOR and i think that Dave is the best songwriter (after rob fripp of course) combined with Roger's lyrics along in ProgRock
Altough technically they're not!

Posted By: Intruder
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 21:50

50 million Floyd fans can't be wrong.....hell, there might be half a BILLION Floyd fans out there from Toronto to Timbuktu. 

-------------
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....

Posted By: Tiresias
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 21:53

Why the  would you even start a retarded-ass thread like this.  Jesus, if your not gonna contribute anything useful or at least support your argument, then why bother.

Coming from the guy who wrote Fripp's hoax obituary, at that

-------------
Wh'ghal ng'fth mglw'y Ry'leh, Cthulhu fhtagn...

Posted By: Laurent
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 22:09

Originally posted by Tiresias Tiresias wrote:

Why the  would you even start a retarded-ass thread like this.  Jesus, if your not gonna contribute anything useful or at least support your argument, then why bother.

f**k you mutha f**ker

YES WILL LIVE FOREVER

Something tells me, you won't last long here.

EDIT: I'm only referring to the first part of your message. The second part I agree with.

-------------

Posted By: gdub411
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 22:14

f**k you mutha f**ker

YES WILL LIVE FOREVER

Perhaps, but when was the last significant YES lp? 74.

Pink Floyd at least had Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall after 74'. Also Floyd kept their integrity by not selling out.

I have moved on from Floyd for quite some time now as well, but find myself having to defend my old favorite from a rash of Pink Floyd bashing threads of late.

I'm getting quite sick of it. I don't care for YES a great deal, but you'll NEVER see me start a YES bashing thread.

Posted By: Wormboy
Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 22:22
Hi little troll!

Date Posted: August 11 2005 at 22:24

Originally posted by Wormboy Wormboy wrote:

Hi little troll!

Get used to it.

Posted By: stonebeard
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 00:15
topics like this = make stonebeard  and eventually

-------------
http://soundcloud.com/drewagler" rel="nofollow - My soundcloud. Please give feedback if you want!

Posted By: Zac M
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 01:28
It's stupid that we are having all of these "bashing" threads.  Last week, it was the rating threads,and the week before, "Queen arent prog threads," seriously, when are stupid threads like this going to end.  People have a right to their opinions, but if they cant back them up, then why even start a controversy or argument.

-------------
"Art is not imitation, nor is it something manufactured according to the wishes of instinct or good taste. It is a process of expression."

-Merleau-Ponty

Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 01:33

Originally posted by meurglysIII meurglysIII wrote:

It's stupid that we are having all of these "bashing" threads.  Last week, it was the rating threads,and the week before, "Queen arent prog threads," seriously, when are stupid threads like this going to end.  People have a right to their opinions, but if they cant back them up, then why even start a controversy or argument.

as long as there ar newbies to this site, there will be pointles threads.

-------------
http://soundcloud.com/drewagler" rel="nofollow - My soundcloud. Please give feedback if you want!

Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 01:35
btw: using that many explcitives is only acceptable when they are followed by either  or even a .

-------------

Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 01:35
pwned n00bs

-------------

Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 01:37

Steve Howe could kick david gilmores ass on guitar

dont deny it

-------------

Posted By: Zac M
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 01:44
Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

You're so right

-------------
"Art is not imitation, nor is it something manufactured according to the wishes of instinct or good taste. It is a process of expression."

-Merleau-Ponty

Posted By: Eetu Pellonpaa
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 03:07

dont deny it

Who is David Gilmores? Syd Barret was the guitarrist in PINK FLOYD, atleast for me. And though Steve Howe is a good guitarrist, i don't think he has done anything musically interesting after the early 80's.

Posted By: chopper
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 08:19
Originally posted by Flip_Stone Flip_Stone wrote:

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!

I've tried for years to get into Pink Floyd, but they've always sounded so moody and lame for my tastes.  Many of their albums - like Dark Side of the Muffin (hah) - lack energy and don't really do much of anything.  But people hype them up to the point that weaker & more naive minds cross over to the "Dark Side", and get deceived into thinking there's more than there than there really is.  The Force definitely isn't with them.

The album "Animals" though does have some good spots where energy starts to emerge, because Dave Gilmour won out over Roger Waters.  Too bad more of their stuff isn't like that.

particularly the "lack energy" bit.

Posted By: Gloryscene
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 08:52

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Ooh, talk about asking for trouble. I kind of agree with you though. I thought The Who were miles better than them at Live8. That should bring a few reactions too.

I cannot stand the Who they do absolutely nothing for me oh and Pink Floyd rule it takes time to really get into them but i am thoroughly hooked. But i have to admit that at times Nick Mason's drumming really lets them down. If they'd had an equivalent of Bruford on drums they would have been utterly mental!

Anyway PF did what they did and it works for me so shine on you crazy diamonds!

-------------
"The Beautiful Ally Of Your Own Gravediggers"

www.gloryscene.co.uk

Posted By: Empathy
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:21

pwned n00bs

I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing AT you.

l4m3r.

-------------
Pure Brilliance:

Posted By: Bilek
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:24

though zooka23 seems to get kicked out soon because of his hars attitude (no offense!), he has a point:

IMHO PF is not total crap, but have very dull moments, and I agree that they are to prog what Rolling Stones is to Rock in general...

OVERRATED!!!!

Yes kicks their ass in each one of their periods in comparison... (well, with the possible exception of Big Generator!!!)
Let's leave aside the "popular" ones, and look for some unconquered grounds...

P.S. that one particular band is popular doesn't mean it sucks, and vice versa is always true. But most of the time the most popular acts are definitely overrated. This is particularly the case as with PF, which is quite popular among the non-prog listeners!)

-------------
Listen to Turkish psych/prog; you won't regret:
Baris Manco,Erkin Koray,Cem Karaca,Mogollar,3 Hürel,Selda,Edip Akbayram,Fikret Kizilok,Ersen (and Dadaslar) (but stick with the '70's, and 'early 80's!)

Posted By: Phil
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 11:36

dont deny it

I wouldn't, in a straight "fight" but that's not what it's about!!

Posted By: TURK182!
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 13:26

Originally posted by stonebeard stonebeard wrote:

you like big fat pink floyd cock in yo bum bum

How old that guy(Zooka23) is to have that kind of language, sorry but the kindergarden is close for the summer so wait until this fall!

-------------
"A Flower!!!"
"If you go down to Willow farm, you look for Butterflies..."

Posted By: walrus
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 15:23

the beatles were better than pink floyd was.......

yes theyre overrated, but theyre great instead..

-------------
you and whose army?

Posted By: alan_pfeifer
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 16:22
Originally posted by OldFatherThames OldFatherThames wrote:

They're not crappy, but 1 000 000 times overated...yes they are...I think pink floyd is to prog rock what the rolling stones are to the rock.

By the way, they have many crappy stuff like Ummagumma, saucerful of secret, obscured by cloud, most of the Gilmour period and.......one of the weakest drummer ever !!!

Well he's obviously doing something right.

And not trying to sound like Peart or Palmer isn't a bad thing.  Weak, possibly, but Mason is a damn solid drummer.

Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 16:34
just beacuse a drummer doesn't play incredibly tough time signatures and complex rhythms doesn't mean he is bad. for the music that pink floyd played, mason was perfect. as far as i know, he is the only member of the band who rarely if never had great arguements with other members. he's like ringo. everyone likes ringo.

-------------

Posted By: Fritha
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 16:35

Well, DSOTM did get to be #1 in the album countdown of the Q/Mojo prog special issue recently, which in my eyes is an indication of overrating the band, at least in the framework of progressive music. I absolutely love DSOTM but it's not the most essential prog album by a long shot...I'm not sure if it even IS prog. (OK, I will now put the lock tightly back on that huge can of worms, I promise!

-------------
I was made to love magic

Posted By: MustShaveBeard
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 16:38
Yes is overrated!!! (Oh no, not this again)

-------------
Your life or your lupins!!!

Posted By: Tiresias
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 16:39
Maani, please close this thread as it has spiralled into ignorance (not in matters of opinion, but in attitude.  I'm sorry for even viewing this sham of a thread, let alone responding to it

-------------
Wh'ghal ng'fth mglw'y Ry'leh, Cthulhu fhtagn...

Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 21:27

Maani, please close this thread as it has spiralled into ignorance (not in matters of opinion, but in attitude.  I'm sorry for even viewing this sham of a thread, let alone responding to it

This thread was a sham from the start.

Posted By: WillieThePimp
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 22:07
Lets just move onto a Dream Theater hate/love thread.

-------------
You can't possibly hear the last movement of Beethoven's Seventh and go slow. ~Oscar Levant, explaining his way out of a speeding ticket

Posted By: Anonymous2112
Date Posted: August 12 2005 at 23:00

Stop making these, there is no point.

Everyone has their own opion. If you don't like Pink Floyd, you are missing out on some good stuff, but thats your opion.

so basically no one cares. go to hell.

-------------
And The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth

Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 02:32

Originally posted by WillieThePimp WillieThePimp wrote:

Lets just move onto a Dream Theater hate/love thread.

HELL NO

leave DT alone please

-------------

Posted By: James Hill
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 02:50
No Pink Floyd will never be as good musicians as Yes,ELP,Jethro Tull,King Crimson and many other cutting edge British prog bands of the 70s but what they bring is great songwriting and feel unlike any other prog band ever.Rememer Roger Waters is the Bob Dylan of prog.He isnt a great singer but he is brilliant none the less.

-------------
symphonic james

Posted By: cluckie
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 03:04
 the thing with the floyd is they do great music for the non prog extreme-ists to listen to and have definately been a massive influance for me to this genre. but hey at least when you are arguing with what tunes to put on with your mates that dont have the same tastes everyone will settle for some floyd

Posted By: limeyrob
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 05:01
Talking overrated - Rush - how did they reach number 10?

Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 05:04

Oops, forgot to say PF do some mighty fine music, try Echoes - but as with most prog you have to be in the right mood.

Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 05:10

Originally posted by limeyrob limeyrob wrote:

Talking overrated - Rush - how did they reach number 10?

Through playing and composing awesome music, that's how!  30 years, countless albums and not a bad record (there have been low points of course, but nothing terrible).  They thoroughly deserve their place in the top 10.

-------------

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 06:06

Just four words: you must be joking!!!

BTW, I've had quite enough of these band-bashing threads... Everyone should be entitled to their own tastes in music, don't you think so?

Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 15:06
^as Stony mentioned before, as long as there are newbies on the site there will be pointless threads

-------------

Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 16:43

Why can't we have band-bashing threads?

Can we only have threads that say only good things? If people are allowed to have their own opinions why can't they have them? Or is it that you have to have over a 1000 posts? I am listening to Moving Pictures - again - just to make sure, but I sincerely can't see what the fuss is about.

This thread started as a Pink Floyd overrated - they are streets ahead of Rush. And that is my opinion. The question is ............Can I stick it out to the end of Moving Pictures? Managed to reach YYZ so far. If someone is prepared to educate me and tell me what I should be listening to in Rush then start a new thread.

PS I am not a lyrics person - but listen to the human voice and the sound of words as another musical instrument.

Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 16:46
^ you're defo missing out if you haven't gotten into Rush yet.  Fly By Night up to Presto are great records.  Check out Permanent Waves and also some of the earlier stuff.  I like Moving Pictures, but I feel the earlier records are more enjoyable.

-------------

Posted By: HaroldTheBarrel
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 16:57
YOU'RE OVERRATED

-------------
Listen:
Your friends have been broken. They've told us of your poison.
Now     we    k now.
KILL THEM!

Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 17:04
HTB - I don't understand - please explain

Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 17:09

HTB - I don't understand - please explain

yes, please do HTB!

-------------

Posted By: HaroldTheBarrel
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 17:13
Oh, I'm just enjoying a good natured jab at anyone who calls Floyd overrated.

-------------
Listen:
Your friends have been broken. They've told us of your poison.
Now     we    k now.
KILL THEM!

Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 17:29

That's OK then - But I don't think spectral was having a pop at PK either - just doing his bit to educate me on Rush. It was probably just the timing of your reply to the others who are taking a pop at PF.

Just for the record - Made it to the end of MP and now listening to Permanent Waves. Still not convinced though.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 19:02

they are crappy

It's so sad, how foolish some people are, I have no more words.

Stop that love/hate it threads about bands, it's such a waste of time, Pink Floyd are giants, (to me the greatest band of all time) and you motherf**ker can't change that fact!. If you don't like them it's your problem. You're crappy!

I don't argue anymore, because it's wasting time of life.

I don't want to pick you up, but you must count with such threads when you pick on such a band.

Go home!

Posted By: Laurent
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 19:07
If you want to sart a "so and so is overrated" thread. You should at least be able to back it up with an intelligent argument. All the author of this thread could muster is "they are crappy". He/She deserves all the flack thrown at them, IMO.

-------------

Posted By: Revan
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 19:39
Quote they are crappy

IS THAT AN OPINION?

I Pink Floyd

I'm big fan of Pink floyd and, with Genesis, it  brought me to prog.

-------------

Posted By: Drew
Date Posted: August 18 2005 at 20:00

to quote Primus (if i may)

"SUCK ON THIS!!!!!!!"

YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLOYD RULES

Posted By: lunaticviolist
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 02:15
Originally posted by Drew Drew wrote:

to quote Primus (if i may)

"SUCK ON THIS!!!!!!!"

YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLOYD RULES

Amen

-------------
My recent purchases:

Posted By: Pafnutij
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 04:31
Don't like them either.There's not enough musicianship.

Posted By: horza
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 05:56
Originally posted by Pafnutij Pafnutij wrote:

Weird Pink Floyd are GODS in the world of prog - im sure you must be taking the piss

-------------
Originally posted by darkshade:

Calling Mike Portnoy a bad drummer is like calling Stephen Hawking an idiot.

Posted By: Pafnutij
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 06:29

Originally posted by horza horza wrote:

Weird Pink Floyd are GODS in the world of prog - im sure you must be taking the piss

I aint. Floyd is probably good in their own way, but it's very different from the quality you'd expect from for example, Genesis, who are more about about complexity and musicianship than PF. I personally tend to value those qualities more, so Floyd doesn't interest me

Posted By: Tony R
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 06:33

Originally posted by horza horza wrote:

I aint. Floyd is probably good in their own way, but it's very different from the quality you'd expect from for example, Genesis, who are more about about complexity and musicianship than PF. I personally tend to value those qualities more, so Floyd doesn't interest me

That's a pretty narrow attitude to take,surely composition and musicality are important too!

Posted By: Suki
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 07:37
Originally posted by The Miracle The Miracle wrote:

Originally posted by jitu jitu wrote:

dont listen to him

he is new to prog rock;

Obviosly. It takes quite some time to get into PF. Who knows, maybe in a couple years they'll be his fave band

There was once a time when i hated opeth just because i could not understand their music. I love them now

I disagree over that. Perhaps it is not easy to get into some of their albums, but in generally speaking they are easy to get into.

Perhaps the Floyd sound isn't to his liking, that does not mean he doesn't like them because he doesn't realize what they do.

Now, to the topic - I agree. Had you asked me this about a year ago, I probably would have denied it. As of nowadays, I totally agree. Floyd are good, but their music is overly overrated...

Posted By: parrymason
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 08:01
They are great, not too complex or too prog, but I just love them, my listening to prog started with PF 

-------------

Posted By: LuciferJim
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 09:16

they are crappy

dont deny it

Originally posted by walrus walrus wrote:

the beatles were better than pink floyd was.......

yes theyre overrated, but theyre great instead..

Well, you almost convinced me.

Posted By: LuciferJim
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 09:18

Talking overrated - Rush

Oh.

*Breaks all Rush and Floyd albums*

Posted By: The Wizard
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 09:23
Originally posted by Intruder Intruder wrote:

50 million Floyd fans can't be wrong.....hell, there might be half a BILLION Floyd fans out there from Toronto to Timbuktu. 

Yeah, but 50 millon Mariah Carey fans can be wrong.

-------------

Posted By: Alagithil
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 10:27

PF shouldn't be compared to Yes in any way, they're completely different. Pink are a mood band, a minimalistic band. Wish You Were Here is a definite "groove" album--the riff in the title track is probably repeated 60 times, but in remains great and moody. Yes, on the other hand, kick it into overdrive, ALL THE TIME!!!

Which is why nobody will ever call a Yes album easy listening, unlike the Floyd.

-------------

Life is like an avantgarde play because tuna.

Posted By: Mikerinos
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 10:34
Pink Floyd are a great band, used to be one of my favorites but I still love them.

Are they overrated?

In the Prog world (which is way too small), no.  They get the attention the deserve but most proggers are enlightened to the better bands out there, such as King Crimson, Van der Graaf Generator, Gentle Giant, and Anglagard.

In the rest of the world?  Heck yeah.  They are still lightyears away from being overrated like Green Day or Gwen Stefani and that crap, because PF is actually good.  But I always see all these "hardcore" PF fans who wear DSotM shirts in my school, yet they know close to nothing about the band!  And there are plenty of prog bands out there who should be just as popular as them.

Posted By: GPFR
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 11:00
Originally posted by Intruder Intruder wrote:

Intruder, I think I need to tell you something, something very horrible. About 5-10 years ago, a dangerous thing happened on this earth. Every streat corner you went down, you heard echoes of the most dreadful sound you can imagine. It was there, everywhere. The mall, the shoe store, even on the radio in your own home. It even played in your mind as you fell asleep at night it so persuasive on everyday life. It was the song that went like "Quit playin' games with my Heart..."

With that statement, I can tell you found somewhere good to hide. Coz you never heard of the Backstreet Boys.

-------------
www.myspace.com/hail_peter

Posted By: Paulieg
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 11:08
Pink Floyd are a great progressive rock band, period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: anael
Date Posted: November 13 2005 at 23:15
Originally posted by Drew Drew wrote:

<FONT size=7>"SUCK ON THIS!!!!!!!"

<FONT size=7>YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<FONT size=7>FLOYD RULES

-------------

Posted By: anael
Date Posted: November 13 2005 at 23:25

Pink Floyd is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23

David Gilmour is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Roger Waters is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Richard Wright is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Nick Mason is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Syd Barrett is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23

Bob Ezrin is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
James Guthrie is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Sam Brown is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Clare Torry is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Doris Troy is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Leslie Duncan is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Liza Strike is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Barry St John is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Claudia Fontaine is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Dick Parry is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Jon Carin is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Tim Renwick is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Guy Pratt is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Gary Wallis is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Scott Page is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Margret Taylor is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Rachel Fury is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23
Durga McBroom is Greatest Than YOU: Zooka23

so...who the f**k are you?

-------------

Posted By: pero
Date Posted: November 14 2005 at 02:16

Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

This is Nr 1. riddiculos statement ever on this site

Posted By: Harold Dupont
Date Posted: November 14 2005 at 02:28
Personnaly, I don't like people who submit reviews or posts and that they think that thier opinion is the real one.  Just take a look a Floyd's career: The piper at the gates of dawn was a real innovative album, I'd compare it to the court of the Crimson King...  Way later, Meddle, DSOTM, WYWH and Animals were albums of pure good music! I think that Floyd are as good as Gentle Giant, Yes and King Crimson...  They are less technical, but the life that the put in their music is wonderful.

Posted By: Genesisprog
Date Posted: November 14 2005 at 05:05

No,no,no. Best PF for me is Barrett era .PF went crappy on eighties .

Division bell is *** (three point) album -not bad but not something good too.  

-------------
Frank Zappa,Pink Floyd,Yes,Genesis,Rush,King Crimson,Jethro Tull,E.L.P,Rick Wakeman -They have one similarity-    I Love Them all !

Posted By: Radioactive Toy
Date Posted: November 14 2005 at 05:12
Quit the overrated fuss PLEASE!

-------------

Reed's failed joke counter:
|||||
R.I.P. You could have reached infinity....

Posted By: Zargus
Date Posted: November 14 2005 at 08:52

Pink Floyd = One of the greatest bands ever.  

Rush = Overrated.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk