Mastodon - Once More 'Round The Sun CD (album) cover

ONCE MORE 'ROUND THE SUN

Mastodon

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

javajeff
4 stars Ok, so it is not as progressive as Crack the Skye. It is not as raw as Remission. Sure there is more production than other releases, but that is to be understood from their latest offering. I can say that this is a superb collection of songs. Sure there is no 20 minute track, but this album flows so well as one homogeneous piece of music. The band sounds tight, melodic, and unmistakably Mastodon. The amazing musicianship, excellent songwriting and compositions are all prevalent. I gave this many listens prior to rating it because I wanted it to sink in. I find myself enjoying it immensely and listening to it right now. Once More 'Round the Sun may just be their best album yet. But with an amazing catalog, Mastodon proves they can do no wrong.
javajeff | 4/5 |