Spinetta Jade - Alma De Diamante CD (album) cover

ALMA DE DIAMANTE

Spinetta Jade

marcobrusa
4 stars Since 2012 (the year of his death) Spinetta started becoming very very popular among the young music lovers of Argentina (like me). This led to lots of hippie-snobs sharing and listening his music specially Pescado Rabioso's ARTAUD which i recommend (band that should be in this site in the "prog related" category i think). Many of those people who haven't listen to all of Spinetta's work are effectively missing this one (or not, since "the most popular video website of the world" has the "related videos" section on our right). It's not one of his famous albums like ARTAUD o ALMENDRA. This album is the result of an intelligent compilation of relaxing, introspective fusion tunes and most of them have Spinetta's poetic lyrics. His approach is very personal but i must admit this kind of compositions seem to me hugely inspired in, at that time, already existing artists from other countries (Weather Report for example). So maybe it's not an innovative album but it sure is perfect in it's own way. I give it 3.9/5.
marcobrusa | 4/5 |

Share this SPINETTA JADE review

Donate monthly and keep PA fast-loading and ad-free forever.