Kamelot - Haven CD (album) cover

HAVEN

Kamelot

javajeff
4 stars This is what happens when you mix Seventh Wonder with Kamelot. The music is clearly Kamelot, but you can hear the influences of Tommy Karevik that helped create one of the best Progressive Metal albums of all times, Mercy Falls, as a member of Seventh Wonder. I am new to Kamelot, so in the past months I have collected everything back to Siege Perilous. I can say that Haven is one of the best albums to date. It has an infectious quality to it even though it is very different from Black Halo. I agree with others that the heart of the Kamelot catalogue begins with the excellent The Fourth Legacy, but they are on a new path making excellent music. If you enjoy Kamelot, Progressive Metal, or Symphonic Metal, there is so much to enjoy about Haven. I am a new fan of this band and look forward to future releases.
javajeff | 4/5 |