Pollen - Pollen CD (album) cover

POLLEN

Pollen

poito
4 stars This is a genuine 70's old-school prog album with nearly all elements, great musicianship, superb composition?and obvious influences from Genesis and the like. As I said in other cases, how much would you pay to go back in time and have early Genesis releasing half a dozen additional albums? Here is one. Now, it comes the hard moment when one has to give score. Would these guys have had the same magic had they not listened to Genesis ever? Should we give 4 or 5 stars and make this album rivaling the Master of Masters Selling England? Is that fair? We tend to score by the quality of the album within each band's production, and forget easily that all-time top albums are given the same score. Anyway, this is a 4.5, by own merits. My favorite track is L'Etoile. You'll play it once and again. There is a magic in crescendo you'll never forget. It's one of those moments in life when you know something will inhabit your brain forever, even if it reminds you of the omnipresent ones. Trust me.
poito | 4/5 |