Yes - Open Your Eyes CD (album) cover

1 stars I saw the overall average rating for this album and thought, "No way! This album can't be worse than 9012-Jive or Big Degenerator!" So I listened to it, and, uh, it's worse. It stinks. There's no real standout song anywhere in the album, no great instrumental passages, no lyric masterpieces, nothing. Just blah, boring AOR and pop, and not even good pop. I'd rather listen to Owner of a Lonely Heart than most of the songs on this album. I'd hoped the hidden track would bring the magic lacking on the rest of it, but it's just a long track of Newage punctuated by snippets of vocals from the other songs. Or outtakes of those. Well, OK, I've listened to it, now I don't have to do so again.

Putting on Relayer as the antidote.

pacidy | 1/5 |