Jethro Tull - Aqualung CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

4 stars Iconic songs, quite annoying singing.

A lot has been said about this album. It has some amazing iconic tracks ("Aqualung", "Locomotive Breat"), and there is almost a semblance of concept album and social commentary here. I really like "Cross-Eyed Mary", "Wind Up", and "Wondering Aloud" too. But Ian Anderson's increasingly-rough singing style on this album can be annoying, and I rarely ever listen to this all the way through anymore. Thankfully he would change his singing style after this, helping make Thick as a Brick Tull's best album. I give Aqualung 8.1 out of 10 on my 10-point scale, which translates to the lower end of 4 PA stars.

Walkscore | 4/5 |